Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Beautiful Pubs Thread 14:17 - Jun 7 with 8934 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

All Pubs seem beautiful to me right now but a thread for the best looking pubs you've ever seen.

For starters, The Blackfriars

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 12:05 - Jun 10 with 1367 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 12:01 - Jun 10 by robith

Love that place Brian. Also a big fan of The Oval. Was having some afternoon beers in there once. Was completely empty and they were playing all my kind of music. As I was getting my next round Lovely Allen by Holy F*ck came on.

"Wow, I love this band. Saw them live once and this song went off" I said the barman.

"Yeah they're grand sure"

Got back to my table and noticed my round cost less. The receipt had "GOOD TASTE DISCOUNT" on it

Quality!

Great song, too!

The Oval is a pub where you lose the time of day. Love it. Other great pubs in Cork: Mok's, Tom Barry's, Canty's, The Long Valley, Hi-B, Mayne's and finish up in Crane Lane with fish and chips from The Fish Wife and save some space for the chats and sips 'round the kitchen table.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 12:09 - Jun 10 with 1363 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 12:02 - Jun 10 by robith

Yeah still do. Food in there is very very good

Is that your neck of the woods Rob? I’m usually down that way on Saturdays when QPR are away and I don’t go.

Usually give it a swerve if there is a queue outside trying to get in and end up in the Three Pins which is dirge but has the football on.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2020 12:09]
The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 12:13 - Jun 10 with 1343 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Any South Australian R’s heard of the Mt Mary Hotel? Nothing special to look at but the setting is amazing! Literally in the middle of the Bush

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 12:56 - Jun 10 with 1303 viewsrobith

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 12:09 - Jun 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

Is that your neck of the woods Rob? I’m usually down that way on Saturdays when QPR are away and I don’t go.

Usually give it a swerve if there is a queue outside trying to get in and end up in the Three Pins which is dirge but has the football on.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2020 12:09]

Used to be - lived in Hackney Central, Stoke Newington and Stamford Hill for like, gosh 8 years, and had loads of pals over that way. Been in Walthamstow for 5 years now, and only a couple of mates still live near Stroud Green road, but one of them works in the pub industry so usually watch the rugby over that way cos he can get us a table and discounts.

However very familiar with the Pins. If I ever thought I wasn't going to make it all the way home on the Blue Bullet it's a very handy p!ss stop - but I'm such a stand up guy I'd end up getting another pint in anyway!
The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 13:04 - Jun 10 with 1290 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 12:56 - Jun 10 by robith

Used to be - lived in Hackney Central, Stoke Newington and Stamford Hill for like, gosh 8 years, and had loads of pals over that way. Been in Walthamstow for 5 years now, and only a couple of mates still live near Stroud Green road, but one of them works in the pub industry so usually watch the rugby over that way cos he can get us a table and discounts.

However very familiar with the Pins. If I ever thought I wasn't going to make it all the way home on the Blue Bullet it's a very handy p!ss stop - but I'm such a stand up guy I'd end up getting another pint in anyway!

I know Stokey pubs very well too! I am sure we have sat in the same room at some point.
The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 13:52 - Jun 10 with 1253 viewsR_from_afar

This one's on a tiny island just off the Devon coast. You can only get to it on foot at low tide, at other times, you use the sea tractor. It's a 14th century inn and a genuine haunt of smugglers, well back in the day it was.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 14:07 - Jun 10 with 1241 viewsSonofNorfolt

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 11:21 - Jun 10 by robith

Probably isn't that beautiful, I just miss it cos I usually spend every Friday in here at work. I once heard someone refer to it as my office

The best parts are the jukebox that only takes old pound coins, and the bar downstairs has sky sports on a screen that only the barman can see

My mate owns that bar.
The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 14:24 - Jun 10 with 1229 viewsrobith

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 14:07 - Jun 10 by SonofNorfolt

My mate owns that bar.

Then your mate is my personal hero
Login to get fewer ads

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 14:32 - Jun 10 with 1208 viewskingo

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 12:13 - Jun 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

Any South Australian R’s heard of the Mt Mary Hotel? Nothing special to look at but the setting is amazing! Literally in the middle of the Bush

I went to a couple of great pubs in Sydney when I was there. First was something like the Harbour Bar, the actual bar was about 5’ high. The barman told me it used to be rough and it stopped the barmen being pulled over the counter. The second pub was The Hero of Waterloo in The Rocks, just like being in a pub in the Cotswolds.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 15:14 - Jun 10 with 1188 viewsMrSheen

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 12:13 - Jun 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

That's like a place I came across near Mackay in Queensland. May not have had the coldest beer ever, but it felt like it.

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 20:56 - Jun 10 with 1136 viewsDannyPaddox

Popped down to Hove recently to check on a relative (and have a paddle in the sea). This pub has always been my favourite in Brighton so did a 4 mile stroll on the off chance and it didn’t let me down. Full on milk-carton hatch-action - a lager, a bitter, a cider and a few IPAs. Frustratingly they were expecting a stout in the next day but I’d be gone. On top of that the local residents had put £100 behind the bar for any card-holding NHS worker to have a free pint. Top place.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2020 20:57]
The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 21:02 - Jun 10 with 1131 viewsSimplyNico

Fabulous pub the Pilchard; the Burgh Island hotel was the setting for an Agatha Christie book. It's ridiculously expensive to stay though
The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 22:43 - Jun 10 with 1072 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I couldn't decide whether The Uxbridge in Notting Hill qualifies as beautiful.

Which helped me decide it is.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 23:48 - Jun 10 with 1042 viewsNordicR

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 22:43 - Jun 10 by CliveWilsonSaid

A popular pub amongst the Swedish R's too. We often had a session there the night before a game,
The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 12:35 - Jun 11 with 965 viewsMetallica_Hoop

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 22:43 - Jun 10 by CliveWilsonSaid

It was near Christmas one night in there and bloody taters out side so I asked for a 'mulled wine' The barmaid came back with a hot glass of red with well just a hot glass of red.
I'm pretty sure she just popped it in the microwave, it tasted f'kin disgusting but I saw the funny side. I also drunk it, no booze is bad booze.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2020 12:36]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 12:53 - Jun 11 with 935 viewsNed_Kennedys

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 14:07 - Jun 10 by SonofNorfolt

My mate owns that bar.

Another vote for Bradleys from me: I've had some brilliant nights in there.
The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 13:13 - Jun 11 with 917 viewsR_from_afar

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 21:02 - Jun 10 by SimplyNico

Fabulous pub the Pilchard; the Burgh Island hotel was the setting for an Agatha Christie book. It's ridiculously expensive to stay though

Agreed! I haven't stayed at the hotel and believe you are correct when you say it is very pricey - the rooms are individually themed and some major celebrities have frequented it in the past - but I was lucky enough to attend a friend's wedding there. His parents were very rich...then they won the lottery!

The room where my friends tied the knot has the stern of an old sailing boat built into the end of it.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 13:22 - Jun 11 with 904 viewsdistortR

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 13:13 - Jun 11 by R_from_afar

Agreed! I haven't stayed at the hotel and believe you are correct when you say it is very pricey - the rooms are individually themed and some major celebrities have frequented it in the past - but I was lucky enough to attend a friend's wedding there. His parents were very rich...then they won the lottery!

The room where my friends tied the knot has the stern of an old sailing boat built into the end of it.

I hope they did a bowline.....boom boom.

Actually, tie the knot, get hitched, presumably these are nautical terms - i will investigate
The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 13:25 - Jun 11 with 902 viewsA40Bosh

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 07:09 - Jun 8 by Metallica_Hoop

'Mind the low beam' *speaks from experience*

The Dove was part of the early doors drinking warm up route from the Black Lion, to the Old Ship, The Dove, The Rutland, The Blue Anchor and then in to the OCA for the rest of the evening.
Happy Days (allegedly, as only vague recollections remain)

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 13:35 - Jun 11 with 888 viewsA40Bosh

I miss going here on a warm Saturday afternoon. Let's hope mid-July to Sept is fantastic weather wise

https://whatpub.com/img/MDX/11932/case-is-altered-eastcote/298/224

Still can't remember how to paste an image in after all these years

[Post edited 11 Jun 2020 13:38]

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 13:46 - Jun 11 with 871 viewsdanehoop

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 13:35 - Jun 11 by A40Bosh

I miss going here on a warm Saturday afternoon. Let's hope mid-July to Sept is fantastic weather wise

https://whatpub.com/img/MDX/11932/case-is-altered-eastcote/298/224

Still can't remember how to paste an image in after all these years

[Post edited 11 Jun 2020 13:38]

Used to drink there when I was younger. Decent pub all year round, but so much nicer in the warmer months.

Never knowingly understood

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 16:46 - Jun 11 with 839 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 20:56 - Jun 10 by DannyPaddox

Popped down to Hove recently to check on a relative (and have a paddle in the sea). This pub has always been my favourite in Brighton so did a 4 mile stroll on the off chance and it didn’t let me down. Full on milk-carton hatch-action - a lager, a bitter, a cider and a few IPAs. Frustratingly they were expecting a stout in the next day but I’d be gone. On top of that the local residents had put £100 behind the bar for any card-holding NHS worker to have a free pint. Top place.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2020 20:57]

You could make a nice away kit with those colours.

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 16:47 - Jun 11 with 835 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 16:46 - Jun 11 by CliveWilsonSaid

You could make a nice away kit with those colours.

Motherwell home kit!
The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 16:50 - Jun 11 with 830 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 16:47 - Jun 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

Motherwell home kit!

Yes of course it is!
[Post edited 11 Jun 2020 16:50]

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 17:12 - Jun 11 with 792 viewsDannyPaddox

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 16:47 - Jun 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

Motherwell home kit!

And a touch of the Bradfords
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024