Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Beautiful Pubs Thread 14:17 - Jun 7 with 8933 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

All Pubs seem beautiful to me right now but a thread for the best looking pubs you've ever seen.

For starters, The Blackfriars

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 00:58 - Jun 8 with 1740 viewsBoston

Sumfink is amiss on this Fred.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 07:09 - Jun 8 with 1678 viewsMetallica_Hoop

'Mind the low beam' *speaks from experience*

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 08:54 - Jun 8 with 1621 viewskingo

The Masons Arms in Kensal Green. Lots of family history but also very close to Ponsard Road where Christ Church Rangers were formed and who get a bit missed out in our history
[Post edited 8 Jun 2020 8:57]

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 09:40 - Jun 8 with 1601 viewsRog

How about the Counting House in Cornhill?

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 10:20 - Jun 8 with 1578 viewsjoe90

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 14:59 - Jun 7 by DWQPR

The Albert in Victoria. Never been in but love this old bu8lding against the backdrop of high rise glass architecture

A few years ago I worked on Victoria Street and went to that pub. It looks amazing on the outside, but unfortunately once inside it lacks character, it's a chain pub and full of tourists.

To be honest, I didn't really like any of the pubs in that area.
The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 10:33 - Jun 8 with 1566 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 10:20 - Jun 8 by joe90

A few years ago I worked on Victoria Street and went to that pub. It looks amazing on the outside, but unfortunately once inside it lacks character, it's a chain pub and full of tourists.

To be honest, I didn't really like any of the pubs in that area.

I was drinking in there the night of the lockdown and it wasn’t a chain pub then as far as I could see!

Edit: it’s a Green King pub.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2020 10:34]
The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 12:29 - Jun 8 with 1519 viewsrrrspricey

The Beacon in Tunbridge Wells has some magnificent views from it's garden...the food's not too shabby either

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 12:58 - Jun 8 with 1497 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The splended Woolpack in Slad, Gloucestershire.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Login to get fewer ads

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 13:10 - Jun 8 with 1481 viewsDannyPaddox

Did a 12 mile run along the river yesterday. A loop and a half of Hammersmith, Putney, Barnes, Chiswick, and back to Hammersmith, including 8 strategic refuelling stops for take-away beer. Namely The Dynamo, Putney (Bottle of God Lager), The Waterman’s Arms, Barnes (Pint of Adnams/ Thornbridge Stout), The Black Lion (Pint of Union? Unfiltered Lager), The Blue Anchor (Pint of Orchard Thieves Cider), The Chancellors (Can of Meantime IPA), The Crabtree (Pint of Curious Lager), back to the Dynamo, Putney, for a draught lager of unknown origin, once more to The Blue Anchor for a Curious Little Things (?) IPA, then walked home and had a bottle of recovery Merlot. The highlight of the day was after 5 miles ordering 2 pints of Stout at the Waterman’s (first draught stout I’ve had for months) and while waiting for my mate’s one to be poured I drank the first one at the bar. I was drinking beer in a pub! And it felt ... soo ... good!

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 13:11 - Jun 8 with 1477 viewsTacticalR

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 10:33 - Jun 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

I was drinking in there the night of the lockdown and it wasn’t a chain pub then as far as I could see!

Edit: it’s a Green King pub.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2020 10:34]

I used to work on Victoria Street in the 90s and my impression was that it was a tourist pub, especially as there was a row of shops selling tourist tat just opposite. I can't ever remember going in there.

We used to go in the Greencoat Boy as it was a little bit away from Victoria Street.

Air hostess clique

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 13:15 - Jun 8 with 1470 viewsMrSheen

The Blind Piper, Caherdaniel, County Kerry.

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 13:45 - Jun 8 with 1430 viewsOutWestR

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 07:09 - Jun 8 by Metallica_Hoop

'Mind the low beam' *speaks from experience*

Drank in there before jumping on the tube at Hammersmith to get to Wembley for the play off final.
The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 13:47 - Jun 8 with 1428 viewsdistortR

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 13:15 - Jun 8 by MrSheen

have to admit to being all folked out living here.

I run a mile.
The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 14:00 - Jun 8 with 1410 viewsTacticalR

The Warrington Hotel. Like a giant cream cake.

Air hostess clique

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 15:09 - Jun 8 with 1368 viewsBoston

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 13:15 - Jun 8 by MrSheen

Every second Irish country pub has two blokes in the corner playing Simon & Garfunkel.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 10:49 - Jun 10 with 1226 viewsPeterHucker

When the lockdown is over I'm looking forward to a pint in these places.

The Magazine in New Brighton

The Prince Llewellyn pub in Beddgelert, Wales
The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 10:54 - Jun 10 with 1220 viewsBlackCrowe

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 11:05 - Jun 10 with 1208 viewsrobith

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 12:58 - Jun 8 by CliveWilsonSaid

The splended Woolpack in Slad, Gloucestershire.

I have been here! Top gaff
The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 11:14 - Jun 10 with 1196 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 10:49 - Jun 10 by PeterHucker

When the lockdown is over I'm looking forward to a pint in these places.

The Magazine in New Brighton

The Prince Llewellyn pub in Beddgelert, Wales

The Prince LLewellyn's a cracking pub. A gang of us had a few lovely pints there after climbing Snowdon.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 11:21 - Jun 10 with 1184 viewsrobith

Probably isn't that beautiful, I just miss it cos I usually spend every Friday in here at work. I once heard someone refer to it as my office

The best parts are the jukebox that only takes old pound coins, and the bar downstairs has sky sports on a screen that only the barman can see
The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 11:23 - Jun 10 with 1181 viewsDannyPaddox

Have to second Brian’s post on the (squiffy) first page. Mutton Lane Inn. Generally my first port of call when I’m in Cork. Great vibe. Beamish to die for. Fantastic gaff.

Edit: ah Bradley’s in the post above - had many an end of evening sesh in there. I once met the Crusaders in there. The Irish football team not Randy Crawford’s mate’s.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2020 11:28]
The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 11:24 - Jun 10 with 1179 viewsrobith

Also remembering the glory days of the Faltering Fullback, one part Irish pub, one part beer hall, one part Ewok village before everyone in London knew about it and it either impossible to get in, or not worth the hassle if you did

Still worth it for the All Ireland Final though, especially for when someone asks for the footie to be put on
The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 11:55 - Jun 10 with 1145 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 11:24 - Jun 10 by robith

Also remembering the glory days of the Faltering Fullback, one part Irish pub, one part beer hall, one part Ewok village before everyone in London knew about it and it either impossible to get in, or not worth the hassle if you did

Still worth it for the All Ireland Final though, especially for when someone asks for the footie to be put on

Yeah that Garden is quality. They used to do a decent Thai in there too if I remember rightly?
The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 12:01 - Jun 10 with 1134 viewsrobith

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 15:05 - Jun 7 by BrianMcCarthy

My lovely local, even though I only go a couple of times a year.
The Mutton Lane inn, Cork.

Love that place Brian. Also a big fan of The Oval. Was having some afternoon beers in there once. Was completely empty and they were playing all my kind of music. As I was getting my next round Lovely Allen by Holy F*ck came on.

"Wow, I love this band. Saw them live once and this song went off" I said the barman.

"Yeah they're grand sure"

Got back to my table and noticed my round cost less. The receipt had "GOOD TASTE DISCOUNT" on it
The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 12:02 - Jun 10 with 1130 viewsrobith

The Beautiful Pubs Thread on 11:55 - Jun 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

Yeah that Garden is quality. They used to do a decent Thai in there too if I remember rightly?

Yeah still do. Food in there is very very good
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024