Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Henderson Contract 18:32 - Jun 18 with 14983 viewsDaleyBrent

Henderson Contract on 19:57 - Jun 18 with 2688 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Henderson Contract on 19:23 - Jun 18 by macro

Middle ground, that's assuming that theres a realistic starting point. If a club like Salford have offered a deal then we know it would be impossible to get anywhere near it.

Personally I would much sooner have camps on a 3 year deal than hendo, and that’s assuming they want the same money (which I doubt)

I don’t know the exact stats of Hendo’s time here, no doubt he has been fantastic, but like most footballers he is a mercenary. He was released by Colchester and only signed for us because the 2 clubs he was going to join sacked their manager, not because he was sold a dream by KH.

Camps should progress whilst it’s likely Hendo will regress, camps as a number 10 will get 10 - 15 a season, if he takes penalties (like Hendo does) and is a saleable asset. If this is all down to money, which it appears, Hendo can go with everyone’s best wishes and good memories.

Personally I think both camps and Henderson will go, I think we will keep Alby if his demands are sensible and maybe a few of the kids. MJ and MG can go also with Calvin and Josh.

I would have Ellison in a heartbeat still if he is sub a grand a week, proper pro and would be a great example that can still do a job. Basically a white Tony Ford!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Henderson Contract on 20:03 - Jun 18 with 2653 viewsfunkkk

Henderson Contract on 19:57 - Jun 18 by Thacks_Rabbits

Personally I would much sooner have camps on a 3 year deal than hendo, and that’s assuming they want the same money (which I doubt)

I don’t know the exact stats of Hendo’s time here, no doubt he has been fantastic, but like most footballers he is a mercenary. He was released by Colchester and only signed for us because the 2 clubs he was going to join sacked their manager, not because he was sold a dream by KH.

Camps should progress whilst it’s likely Hendo will regress, camps as a number 10 will get 10 - 15 a season, if he takes penalties (like Hendo does) and is a saleable asset. If this is all down to money, which it appears, Hendo can go with everyone’s best wishes and good memories.

Personally I think both camps and Henderson will go, I think we will keep Alby if his demands are sensible and maybe a few of the kids. MJ and MG can go also with Calvin and Josh.

I would have Ellison in a heartbeat still if he is sub a grand a week, proper pro and would be a great example that can still do a job. Basically a white Tony Ford!

What's your definition of a mercenary?
Henderson Contract on 20:08 - Jun 18 with 2603 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Henderson Contract on 20:03 - Jun 18 by funkkk

What's your definition of a mercenary?

Do you want the dictionary one or the one that applies to someone being more than happy until they get offered more money?

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Henderson Contract on 20:09 - Jun 18 with 2590 viewsscarrow

The dramas on the Facebook page over this. If Henderson wants to vote with his feet and accept more money elsewhere that's his choice. This is down purely and simply to finances. I think any realistic fans must have seen this on the wall after the speculation at Christmas.

If the MJ and wilbraham stories are correct I wont shed any tears. Should give BBM scope to build a new squad. On the whole it'll be clubs with the advantage for a change.

Poll: Final position

Henderson Contract on 20:11 - Jun 18 with 2573 viewsfunkkk

Henderson Contract on 20:08 - Jun 18 by Thacks_Rabbits

Do you want the dictionary one or the one that applies to someone being more than happy until they get offered more money?

I was asking for yours as I have access to a dictionary.

Do you think he's not been offered better deals elsewhere at any point during his stay here?
Henderson Contract on 20:23 - Jun 18 with 2467 viewsscarrow

Henderson Contract on 20:11 - Jun 18 by funkkk

Do you think he's not been offered better deals elsewhere at any point during his stay here?

I imagine he has but it's a different manager now, he's getting on as a footballer. If we offer a 2 year and wont budge and Salford say offer a 3 and on more money which would be accepted. You can't compare 5 years ago to now

Henderson Contract on 20:24 - Jun 18 with 2450 viewsnordenblue

Henderson Contract on 20:23 - Jun 18 by scarrow

I imagine he has but it's a different manager now, he's getting on as a footballer. If we offer a 2 year and wont budge and Salford say offer a 3 and on more money which would be accepted. You can't compare 5 years ago to now

Why is everyone so obsessed with what Saford can offer, there will be many a MUCH bigger fish after him as a free agent nevermind having to drop a league
Henderson Contract on 20:25 - Jun 18 with 2450 viewsDaleiLama

Many (myself included) have thought BBM seems to have shown a good eye for a player thus far. It sounds like he's going to be given plenty or rope this summer. Also sounds like there'll be no shortage of opportunities for the young uns too. Hopefully another interesting season awaits.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Henderson Contract on 20:28 - Jun 18 with 2413 viewsdingdangblue

Henderson Contract on 19:55 - Jun 18 by SaxonDale

In the comments section he also suggests MJ Williams is leaving.

Every cloud.....

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Henderson Contract on 20:30 - Jun 18 with 2393 viewsfunkkk

Henderson Contract on 20:23 - Jun 18 by scarrow

Which is fine and I have no issue with it, I'm still not sure I'd describe him as a mercenary. If so I'd say he's one of the worst mercenaries in history on the basis of him spending so long at Rochdale.

The lad's played most of his career in the bottom two divisions, he's every right to one last bumper and/or an extra year on his contract as far as I'm concerned. If we can't stump up the cash then so be it. He's spent the last 7-8 years here at one of the smallest clubs in the FL with a wage to match. Sad he won't get the record and finish his career here but C'est la vie.
Henderson Contract on 20:31 - Jun 18 with 2369 viewsD_Alien

Henderson Contract on 19:52 - Jun 18 by pioneer

As Fitz says, it isnt true.

Would be interesting to know what he has turned down, but I dont expect we shall ever know.

Its been a fantastic run...thanks for the memories.

Hail Sir Reg...still Rochdale’s leading goalscorer.

I'll raise a glass to your last line

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Henderson Contract on 20:33 - Jun 18 with 2351 viewsscarrow

Henderson Contract on 20:24 - Jun 18 by nordenblue

Why is everyone so obsessed with what Saford can offer, there will be many a MUCH bigger fish after him as a free agent nevermind having to drop a league

Salford are mentioned because they publically went after him in January. Realistically he's not going to move area and personally I reckon he'll end up in League 2. Salford or Bolton

Henderson Contract on 20:34 - Jun 18 with 2346 viewsEllDale

Most posts on here have been realistic.
We’re all disappointed but the club can’t afford the gamble of a massive long term contract on a bloke who will be nearer 40 than 30 at the end of it especially with no guaranteed revenue on the immediate horizon.
It would be interesting to know BBM’s private thoughts on the matter. If he’s been told that he can sign two players for the wage offered to Henderson (perhaps good loaners) then he may be happy with the situation.
I’m more worried about us being linked to midfield players. I hope that’s not because the likes of Morley or Rathbone are available for the usual undisclosed fee.
Henderson Contract on 20:34 - Jun 18 with 2336 viewsscarrow

Henderson Contract on 20:30 - Jun 18 by funkkk

Which is fine and I have no issue with it, I'm still not sure I'd describe him as a mercenary. If so I'd say he's one of the worst mercenaries in history on the basis of him spending so long at Rochdale.

The lad's played most of his career in the bottom two divisions, he's every right to one last bumper and/or an extra year on his contract as far as I'm concerned. If we can't stump up the cash then so be it. He's spent the last 7-8 years here at one of the smallest clubs in the FL with a wage to match. Sad he won't get the record and finish his career here but C'est la vie.

I haven't described him as that

Henderson Contract on 20:36 - Jun 18 with 2313 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Henderson Contract on 20:11 - Jun 18 by funkkk

He may have been eg Barnsley but he was under contract. He may well have been happy under KH and CD, he knows this is probably his last deal and if we are only offering 2 years at 4K and he can get 3 years at 4K locally, it makes sense.

Hendo is very media savvy and clever, wanting to break the record, end his career here, captain and talisman etc. It puts pressure on the board and strengthens his position if he is a fans idol, a few years back we were calling for him to be stripped of the captaincy for his ill discipline.

I wish him well and his off field actions have been amazing, a true legend. But he can’t use his idol status to hold the club to ransom.

Henderson Contract on 20:40 - Jun 18 with 2270 viewsblackdogblue

Henderson Contract on 19:55 - Jun 18 by SaxonDale

In the comments section he also suggests MJ Williams is leaving.

Will reserve my comments until facts are available

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Henderson Contract on 20:40 - Jun 18 with 2268 viewskel

Henderson Contract on 20:09 - Jun 18 by scarrow

The dramas on the Facebook page over this. If Henderson wants to vote with his feet and accept more money elsewhere that's his choice. This is down purely and simply to finances. I think any realistic fans must have seen this on the wall after the speculation at Christmas.

If the MJ and wilbraham stories are correct I wont shed any tears. Should give BBM scope to build a new squad. On the whole it'll be clubs with the advantage for a change.

My eyes almost bleed when reading those groups.

Monkeys with keyboards.
Henderson Contract on 20:44 - Jun 18 with 2206 viewsdingdangblue

Henderson Contract on 19:23 - Jun 18 by fitzochris

That report is incorrect. Henderson has been offered a new contract but he and his agents have procrastinated for far too long and, while I don’t know the exact terms they demanded, I’m told they are beyond what we can offer, especially in the current climate.

Why just release him though? Why not just say he's been offered a new contract - even if they know he's going elsewhere.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Henderson Contract on 20:45 - Jun 18 with 2199 viewsTVOS1907

Henderson Contract on 20:40 - Jun 18 by kel

Monkeys with keyboards.

And unfortunately, most of them have been convinced by the inaccurate and unprofessional reporting from Minay and BBC Radio Manc.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Henderson Contract on 20:48 - Jun 18 with 2177 viewsfitzochris

Henderson Contract on 20:33 - Jun 18 by scarrow

Salford are mentioned because they publically went after him in January. Realistically he's not going to move area and personally I reckon he'll end up in League 2. Salford or Bolton

Salford could be in the mire, from what I’m hearing. Under new finance proposals they will be given a year’s grace to get their wage bill in line.

Still, never rule anything out in football.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Henderson Contract on 20:48 - Jun 18 with 2171 views1997Dale

In my lifetime as a Dale fan his longevity as a goalscorer has been unparalleled and much as with KH I will rmemeber his time here with much fondness.

With that said, he hasn't really ever produced at any ever club in his career and while he has no doubt developed as a player I wonder if he could struggle in a bigger club where he isn't their star player.

I'm hopeful for him he can go on and do well but more importantly, I'm glad the club are being financially savvy so I can support them throughout my lifetime when hopefully another Reg or Hendo will pass through.
Henderson Contract on 20:49 - Jun 18 with 2169 viewsBartRowou

Life must be understood backward. But it must be lived forward.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Henderson Contract on 20:50 - Jun 18 with 2149 viewsJames1980

Henderson Contract on 20:40 - Jun 18 by kel

Monkeys with keyboards.

Don't forget what enough monkeys with enough keyboards can do.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Henderson Contract on 20:58 - Jun 18 with 2082 viewsnordenblue

Henderson Contract on 20:33 - Jun 18 by scarrow

He doesn't need to move area there's a load of much bigger clubs,capable of paying bugger wages all within a possible commute to train etc from his current home... it won't be Salford
Henderson Contract on 21:07 - Jun 18 with 2019 views442Dale

Henderson Contract on 20:58 - Jun 18 by nordenblue

He doesn't need to move area there's a load of much bigger clubs,capable of paying bugger wages all within a possible commute to train etc from his current home... it won't be Salford

Not sure how anyone can be sure what clubs will be able to pay until there’s more certainty around what’s happening going forward.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024