Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warbs talks lockdown form, signings, contracts and defence — Interview 10:04 - Sep 9 with 19244 viewsNorthernr

Spent some time yesterday afternoon with Warburton. Interview here, Patreon subs can download the audio.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/52847/warbs-talks-
Warbs talks lockdown form, signings, contracts and defence — Interview on 12:06 - Sep 9 with 2420 viewsspencer

Reading through the interview , and lets face it at some time, most reporters are a little smug , thought he answered all the questions well (IMO)

Thought the right questions were asked and interviewee answered them as best he could.
Warbs talks lockdown form, signings, contracts and defence — Interview on 12:45 - Sep 9 with 2293 viewsozexile

Great interview Clive but didn't like his tetchiness. I certainly didn't like his line about not setting targets for the season. I can't believe that's the case.
Warbs talks lockdown form, signings, contracts and defence — Interview on 13:19 - Sep 9 with 2200 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Excellent interview. Well done to both of you.

I just read it this time, but will listen to it later.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warbs talks lockdown form, signings, contracts and defence — Interview on 13:21 - Sep 9 with 2199 viewsdaveB

I really enjoyed him kicking off about the overdraft joke, he did go a bit over the top but was nice to hear a manager with real passion and belief on what he is doing
Warbs talks lockdown form, signings, contracts and defence — Interview on 13:22 - Sep 9 with 2193 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Warbs talks lockdown form, signings, contracts and defence — Interview on 13:21 - Sep 9 by daveB

I really enjoyed him kicking off about the overdraft joke, he did go a bit over the top but was nice to hear a manager with real passion and belief on what he is doing

Ya, that made me laugh.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warbs talks lockdown form, signings, contracts and defence — Interview on 13:24 - Sep 9 with 2189 viewsNorthernr

Warbs talks lockdown form, signings, contracts and defence — Interview on 13:21 - Sep 9 by daveB

I didn’t. Arshole was going 10p-5p-10p.
Warbs talks lockdown form, signings, contracts and defence — Interview on 13:26 - Sep 9 with 2179 viewsDejR_vu

Found that pretty disappointing from him to be honest.

Other than this, I don’t have anything to do with social media because it’s vile. But the reality is it’s part of 21st Century life. I can imagine some of the stuff on Twitter etc is appalling. So, don’t have a Twitter account. It’s the only answer because the protagonists aren’t going to change because the manager’s annoyed. No one is forced to read anything in here, so don’t if you’re afraid of what might be there.

I agree that stuff said at the stadium, within earshot is out of order.

I thought some of the stuff he said during lockdown was spot on in terms of putting things into perspective but this, now, just comes across as a bit precious. No one is immune from criticism, in any walk of life. On balance most people would consider these guys to have pretty privileged lives compared to the vast majority of people. If the price of that is deleting your Twitter account and not going looking for comments on football forums that seems a pretty small price to pay.

Ultimately, I don’t see too many of them leaving to go and work in Sainsbury’s for a lifestyle change.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Warbs talks lockdown form, signings, contracts and defence — Interview on 13:32 - Sep 9 with 2142 viewsMick_S

Warbs talks lockdown form, signings, contracts and defence — Interview on 13:22 - Sep 9 by BrianMcCarthy

Ya, that made me laugh.

Ditto. Very funny.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Login to get fewer ads

Warbs talks lockdown form, signings, contracts and defence — Interview on 13:33 - Sep 9 with 2139 viewscharmr

The less mistakes a player makes generally the higher level they play. Gks for example.

With the set piece comments what about having targets to not concide corners or give away silly free kicks.

Isn’t there a few schools of thought about dealing with crossed balls into Penalty areas, either let them and defend, close down the crosser or prevent the crossers from receiving the ball.

There does seem a fine line between either we as a team do our thing or constantly be pre occupied with stopping the opposition. We’ve all watched both down at Rangers for many a year, I know what I prefer. You need the players to do it and from that interview seemed the core that ran through all Marks comments. Well nearly all of them😃

[Post edited 9 Sep 2020 13:50]
Warbs talks lockdown form, signings, contracts and defence — Interview on 13:49 - Sep 9 with 2086 viewstoboboly

Slightly concerned that having to walk through some stairs and not having breakfast as a group means we can't play football after a lockdown. Brentford didn't have any issues.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Warbs talks lockdown form, signings, contracts and defence — Interview on 13:56 - Sep 9 with 2057 viewsPhildo

Warbs talks lockdown form, signings, contracts and defence — Interview on 13:49 - Sep 9 by toboboly

Slightly concerned that having to walk through some stairs and not having breakfast as a group means we can't play football after a lockdown. Brentford didn't have any issues.

They just need to move it to wetherspoons - no problems with larger groups in there
Warbs talks lockdown form, signings, contracts and defence — Interview on 14:00 - Sep 9 with 2046 viewsDixie_CT

Have always thought Warburton was a bit antsy in his interviews and I'm suprised Nick London isn't rocking back and forth in a padded room with some of the responses he has had to rather innocuous questions.

Staff have thick skin? Really Mark, really!

The Tom Cairney point was BS! He is better because he is paid more? Please!

Better than platitudes but stop being so bloody defensive about every point. It wears off after a while.

Is Paul Morrissey always in attendance for the interviews with the manager?
Warbs talks lockdown form, signings, contracts and defence — Interview on 14:21 - Sep 9 with 1984 viewsNov77

For all of his talk about working on the defence, there’s no evidence of it making any difference on the pitch.

If only our defenders could defend the way he defends questions about our defenders!

He’s quite humourless isn’t he? He could have laughed off the overdraft jibe.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Warbs talks lockdown form, signings, contracts and defence — Interview on 14:29 - Sep 9 with 1962 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Interesting stuff again Clive.

Would be interesting to correlate the posts of those who listened to the Patreon. mp3 and perhaps picked up a more contextual response and those who just read the text version
Warbs talks lockdown form, signings, contracts and defence — Interview on 14:30 - Sep 9 with 1926 viewsNewBee

Warbs talks lockdown form, signings, contracts and defence — Interview on 14:00 - Sep 9 by Dixie_CT

Have always thought Warburton was a bit antsy in his interviews and I'm suprised Nick London isn't rocking back and forth in a padded room with some of the responses he has had to rather innocuous questions.

Staff have thick skin? Really Mark, really!

The Tom Cairney point was BS! He is better because he is paid more? Please!

Better than platitudes but stop being so bloody defensive about every point. It wears off after a while.

Is Paul Morrissey always in attendance for the interviews with the manager?

"The Tom Cairney poInt was BS! He is better because he is paid more?"

If I may interject, surely his point was that TC is paid more because he's better, not t'other way round?

Anyhow came on here to say I enjoyed the interview - Warbs certainly hasn't changed much since his Brentford days, that's for sure!
Warbs talks lockdown form, signings, contracts and defence — Interview on 14:40 - Sep 9 with 1919 viewsdaveB

Warbs talks lockdown form, signings, contracts and defence — Interview on 13:49 - Sep 9 by toboboly

I don't think he quite meant that, he just said they didn't adapt well to what were really odd circumstances whilst Brentford, Barnsley and others coped with it far better
Warbs talks lockdown form, signings, contracts and defence — Interview on 14:42 - Sep 9 with 1911 viewsNortholt_Rs

Great interview and write up Clive.
“You saw last season we created a lot of chances but need to be more ruthless because we’re aware there is a weakness in physicality sometimes. Make sure we punish people at the other end.”

This stock response from Warbs is a Real concern.... He should be laser focussed on making sure we don’t concede - THAT is our problem. Concede another 76 goals this season and I fear we will be relegated - especially given the number of goals we’ve now had taken out of the team.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Warbs talks lockdown form, signings, contracts and defence — Interview on 14:45 - Sep 9 with 1900 viewsdaveB

Warbs talks lockdown form, signings, contracts and defence — Interview on 14:42 - Sep 9 by Northolt_Rs

Great interview and write up Clive.
“You saw last season we created a lot of chances but need to be more ruthless because we’re aware there is a weakness in physicality sometimes. Make sure we punish people at the other end.”

This stock response from Warbs is a Real concern.... He should be laser focussed on making sure we don’t concede - THAT is our problem. Concede another 76 goals this season and I fear we will be relegated - especially given the number of goals we’ve now had taken out of the team.

bit of both though isn't it? If we started to take our chances games would be out of sight a lot earlier and we'd have a lot more control of games, miss chances at 0-0 or 1-0 up and you put yourself under pressure
Warbs talks lockdown form, signings, contracts and defence — Interview on 14:45 - Sep 9 with 1896 viewstoboboly

Warbs talks lockdown form, signings, contracts and defence — Interview on 14:40 - Sep 9 by daveB

I don't think he quite meant that, he just said they didn't adapt well to what were really odd circumstances whilst Brentford, Barnsley and others coped with it far better

True, but his reasoning was that this wasn't an issue with the coaching, it was more that although they were incredibly fit, fitter than ever in fact, they didn't like getting changed in a different dressing room at Charlton that they use once a season.

If that was just the case can I ask why we were also so bad at home where we were at least used to the stairs in the stadium?

Warbs talks lockdown form, signings, contracts and defence — Interview on 14:51 - Sep 9 with 1881 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Good interview Northernr. Many thanks.

Warbs is basically right about football fans. Many are idiots, negative, glass half empty types as demonstrated by this forum. You can have frank answers to questions (not the BOS/Manning answers as that's clearly a sore point) or the usual anodyne stuff. Thankfully he was trying to be forthcoming for which he deserves praise not the niggling moans he is getting from some.
Warbs talks lockdown form, signings, contracts and defence — Interview on 14:52 - Sep 9 with 1876 viewsDixie_CT

Warbs talks lockdown form, signings, contracts and defence — Interview on 14:30 - Sep 9 by NewBee

"The Tom Cairney poInt was BS! He is better because he is paid more?"

If I may interject, surely his point was that TC is paid more because he's better, not t'other way round?

Anyhow came on here to say I enjoyed the interview - Warbs certainly hasn't changed much since his Brentford days, that's for sure!

I heard it as our player didn’t get near to Cairney and one of the reasons is because Cairney is paid more.

Even if it wasn’t that way around, player salaries aren’t always indicative of ability and we know that more that most!!

A really simplistic explanation that doesn’t really hold much weight.
Warbs talks lockdown form, signings, contracts and defence — Interview on 14:54 - Sep 9 with 1865 viewsMaggsinho

This could be a long thread if every sentence Warburton uttered is analysed and criticised.
Warbs talks lockdown form, signings, contracts and defence — Interview on 14:55 - Sep 9 with 1863 viewsdaveB

Warbs talks lockdown form, signings, contracts and defence — Interview on 14:45 - Sep 9 by toboboly

True, but his reasoning was that this wasn't an issue with the coaching, it was more that although they were incredibly fit, fitter than ever in fact, they didn't like getting changed in a different dressing room at Charlton that they use once a season.

If that was just the case can I ask why we were also so bad at home where we were at least used to the stairs in the stadium?

I think he was just saying it was very different for the players and they didn't adapt well enough, he just used Charlton as an example of how different it was
Warbs talks lockdown form, signings, contracts and defence — Interview on 15:05 - Sep 9 with 1814 viewstoboboly

Warbs talks lockdown form, signings, contracts and defence — Interview on 14:55 - Sep 9 by daveB

I think he was just saying it was very different for the players and they didn't adapt well enough, he just used Charlton as an example of how different it was

Fair enough, just think he is a bit strange with his answers across the interview.

Warbs talks lockdown form, signings, contracts and defence — Interview on 15:05 - Sep 9 with 1810 viewsHarbour

Great interview Clive thanks. He comes across a bit defensive listening to that. But very honest about the position we are in financially I will be interested to see how the communication with us the fans is during the season particularly when we hit difficulties. Will we really drop players if they sit out their contract?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024