Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale 17:15 - Nov 2 with 15022 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/53296/match-preview-oxford-

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 21:29 - Nov 3 with 2193 viewsboromat

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 21:10 - Nov 3 by rochdaleriddler

Radio Oxford commented that we looked very tired at the end. I included Rochdale in my 5 fold bet, cost me £65, serves me right for betting on us

Yep starting to run out of steam, bound to happen with a small squad and 2 games a week. I think I said after the last match we need to utilise what squad we have in these to cup games get everyone back refreshed for the next league game. Good opportunity to give Jim, Done, Dooley, McShane and some of the youngsters a run out. Also if we're lucky Baah and Humphrys may get some needed minutes.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 21:29 - Nov 3 with 2184 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 21:25 - Nov 3 by judd

Newport (A).

Could we of been champions?

No, because we needed Chesterfield not to win, which they did.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 21:39 - Nov 3 with 2124 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 21:29 - Nov 3 by TVOS1907

No, because we needed Chesterfield not to win, which they did.

Ta.

They've always been bastards.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 22:08 - Nov 3 with 1981 viewsSandyman

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 21:39 - Nov 3 by judd

Ta.

They've always been bastards.

And depending on the result of tomorrow night's replay, we may still get the brown envelope bastards or the Stockport overspending bastards on Saturday.

https://www.stockportcounty.com/chesterfield-fa-cup-tie-to-be-replayed/
Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 22:11 - Nov 3 with 1969 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 22:08 - Nov 3 by Sandyman

And depending on the result of tomorrow night's replay, we may still get the brown envelope bastards or the Stockport overspending bastards on Saturday.

https://www.stockportcounty.com/chesterfield-fa-cup-tie-to-be-replayed/

Aye, double bastards

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 22:16 - Nov 3 with 1942 viewsSandyman

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 22:11 - Nov 3 by judd

Aye, double bastards

Double NON-LEAGUE bastards. A bit of justice there.
Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 07:55 - Nov 4 with 1558 viewsaleanddale

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 20:45 - Nov 3 by funkkk

Harsh but these are the fine margins that make a difference. Ifs, buts and maybes but think we'd have got 3 points on Saturday and a positive result tonight had Humphreys been in the team.

Fine Margins indeed.

The miss is a concern as its the easiest chance to open your goal scoring account wasted.

The game is a very different game going 2-1 up rather than 1-2 down.

For all the running into channels and aerial presence and nice lay offs and flick ons the number one job is to put the ball into the net.

Lets hope Beesley gets his first sooner rather than later and he gets on a roll. I do think having Humphrys back will help him quite a bit.

So frustrating Dale undone by errors ( GK and the miss ) and then a good thumping header at the end whilst trying to work out how to chase the game.

Put it behind us and 2 cup games now are probably coming at a very good time.

Next Up in the league is a gimme 3 points - Charlton at the Valley!!
Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 11:44 - Nov 4 with 1333 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 07:55 - Nov 4 by aleanddale

Fine Margins indeed.

The miss is a concern as its the easiest chance to open your goal scoring account wasted.

The game is a very different game going 2-1 up rather than 1-2 down.

For all the running into channels and aerial presence and nice lay offs and flick ons the number one job is to put the ball into the net.

Lets hope Beesley gets his first sooner rather than later and he gets on a roll. I do think having Humphrys back will help him quite a bit.

So frustrating Dale undone by errors ( GK and the miss ) and then a good thumping header at the end whilst trying to work out how to chase the game.

Put it behind us and 2 cup games now are probably coming at a very good time.

Next Up in the league is a gimme 3 points - Charlton at the Valley!!

Was a tad disheartened last night that we got nothing from that game. I felt like we weren't outplayed by a big margin and we might have snuck a point on another night, but we didn't. We paid the potential price for not taking our chances again.

Had a reality check this morning - the bookies had us at 7-2 for a win which got me thinking about the path BBM has trodden since he took over.

He took over a ship that was sinking fast during early 2019 and got us out of some deep mire, guiding us to safety with only the tools he inherited. Then he set about a Covid-shortened season during which he brought in Eoghan O'Connell, Jimmy Ryan, Jay Lynch, Paul McShane and Keaton Mulvey on frees and Matty Lund (undisclosed). Four starters when fit and a couple of projects for the future. After a pretty reasonable start to that campaign, our form certainly was less than spectacular towards the end of it, losing 13 of the last 20 games and only taking 17 points from a maximum of 60 available over this spell.

Since then there's been a humungous player/contract clear out, he's been given the purse to recruit from the sale rail and the loan market, and with the restrictions he's had to work with, he's put together a squad which believes in itself, plays some decent football for the most part and is quite entertaining to watch already. I'm also sure it's far from what he would probably consider to be the finished article under different circumstances. We haven't (yet) got that cutting edge or ultimate killer instinct, but put into the historical context above, I think BBM can be mightily pleased with his achievements, considering where he's taken us from when he took over, on a budget that would make most managers at this level wince. The run of four games taking 8 points from twelve including two away victories and the Sunderland result perhaps encouraged the fan in me to set the bar higher than I should have.

So (as today's yoof would say) I have given my head a wobble and reset expectations, and now look forward to the upcoming cup tie.

Up the Dale.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2020 11:45]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 12:05 - Nov 4 with 1298 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 11:44 - Nov 4 by DaleiLama

Was a tad disheartened last night that we got nothing from that game. I felt like we weren't outplayed by a big margin and we might have snuck a point on another night, but we didn't. We paid the potential price for not taking our chances again.

Had a reality check this morning - the bookies had us at 7-2 for a win which got me thinking about the path BBM has trodden since he took over.

He took over a ship that was sinking fast during early 2019 and got us out of some deep mire, guiding us to safety with only the tools he inherited. Then he set about a Covid-shortened season during which he brought in Eoghan O'Connell, Jimmy Ryan, Jay Lynch, Paul McShane and Keaton Mulvey on frees and Matty Lund (undisclosed). Four starters when fit and a couple of projects for the future. After a pretty reasonable start to that campaign, our form certainly was less than spectacular towards the end of it, losing 13 of the last 20 games and only taking 17 points from a maximum of 60 available over this spell.

Since then there's been a humungous player/contract clear out, he's been given the purse to recruit from the sale rail and the loan market, and with the restrictions he's had to work with, he's put together a squad which believes in itself, plays some decent football for the most part and is quite entertaining to watch already. I'm also sure it's far from what he would probably consider to be the finished article under different circumstances. We haven't (yet) got that cutting edge or ultimate killer instinct, but put into the historical context above, I think BBM can be mightily pleased with his achievements, considering where he's taken us from when he took over, on a budget that would make most managers at this level wince. The run of four games taking 8 points from twelve including two away victories and the Sunderland result perhaps encouraged the fan in me to set the bar higher than I should have.

So (as today's yoof would say) I have given my head a wobble and reset expectations, and now look forward to the upcoming cup tie.

Up the Dale.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2020 11:45]

Pretty good summary

I feel for Beesley (not literally, of course...) and hope/expect BBM and the rest of the lads are keeping his spirits up. He's probably trying too hard and just needs to relax in front goal; easier said than done when you're working your socks off and muscle-tiredness creeps in at the key split second. He'll definitely benefit from Humphrys taking some of the weight off but right now i'm seeing it as a direct replacement
[Post edited 4 Nov 2020 12:12]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 14:40 - Nov 4 with 1179 viewsShun

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 12:05 - Nov 4 by D_Alien

Pretty good summary

I feel for Beesley (not literally, of course...) and hope/expect BBM and the rest of the lads are keeping his spirits up. He's probably trying too hard and just needs to relax in front goal; easier said than done when you're working your socks off and muscle-tiredness creeps in at the key split second. He'll definitely benefit from Humphrys taking some of the weight off but right now i'm seeing it as a direct replacement
[Post edited 4 Nov 2020 12:12]

Good point about Humphrys taking some of the weight off - I doubt Beesley, coming up from a few levels below, would've expected to be playing as the sole striker immediately and bi-weekly in League One. That's a huge amount of pressure for someone who's never played in the FL before, and he should only benefit when Humphrys returns and removes a lot of the focus from him.
Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 23:08 - Nov 4 with 956 viewsfitzochris

https://rochdaleafcnews.com/2020/11/04/analysis-where-are-rochdale-afc-now/

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 07:41 - Nov 5 with 864 viewsrichfoad32

Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 23:08 - Nov 4 by fitzochris

https://rochdaleafcnews.com/2020/11/04/analysis-where-are-rochdale-afc-now/

A good write up that. At the moment I think we are where we deserve to be, a solid mid table side. Hopefully with Humphrys back and as long as we're able to keep him fit, we can aim a bit higher. The problem with playing so many youngsters is whilst they've all impressed, they will always have a mistake in them which is partly why despite having a solid defence on paper we still keep shipping goals. After the travails of the last few years, an uneventful season seems quite appealing. I'm not sure if BBM's management of Beesley has been the best, it has always been Newby who's been subbed off even when to my eye he's appeared the fresher and more of a threat of the two. As has been mentioned, Beesley probably needs a short spell on the bench to revitalise himself both mentally and physically, I don't doubt there's a player there.

Hadn't realised O'Connell was out of contract at the end of the season and that's a shitter, probably my favourite Dale player to watch.
Match Thread: Oxford vs Rochdale on 07:47 - Nov 5 with 852 viewsEllDale

There are a lot more off contract come next May besides O'Connell.
It will be interesting to see if any re-sign before the end of the January transfer window.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024