Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next firebreak 22:16 - Nov 16 with 17629 viewscontroversial_jack

From a source at the Welsh assembly, 21st December.
Next firebreak on 13:08 - Nov 27 with 1260 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Next firebreak on 08:09 - Nov 21 by felixstowe_jack

Strange I think everyone no matter what their religion or lack of religion is more than happy to take the bank holiday that is Christmas day off. If they work they will also at least double time for a day they do not celebrate.

Looks like wales is returning to tigher restrictions following dippy Drakeford's announcement that pubs, and other indoor entertainment venues will close on 4th December, no doubt he find another name for it other than a firebreak.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Next firebreak on 13:21 - Nov 27 with 1260 viewsonehunglow

Next firebreak on 08:09 - Nov 21 by felixstowe_jack

Strange I think everyone no matter what their religion or lack of religion is more than happy to take the bank holiday that is Christmas day off. If they work they will also at least double time for a day they do not celebrate.

and both Jewish and Muslim shop keepers are happy to sell a substance they cannot touch themselves

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Next firebreak on 22:24 - Nov 27 with 1197 viewsCatullus

Next firebreak on 22:47 - Nov 20 by controversial_jack

They can change the name, and hijack it, but the origins are the same.

It's not a religious ceremony for most, it's about eating drinking and making pigs of themselves.Nothing wrong with that, i'm the same myself, but let's not delude ourselves that it's about goodwill to all men and women

They hijacked the dates nit the festival, it was a pagan festival originally and they hoped that getting the name change would lead to people converted to Christianity.

Until the Christians hikacked the date it was called Saturnalia, nothing to do with Christmas. Readit again,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturnalia

Saturnalia was in honour of the god Saturn and nothing to dow with Jesus or Christianity..

Anyway, I see today the unions and several councils are saying schools should close early for Christmas, to help prevent the spread of covid ostensibly. Drakeford is saying schools must stay open though. It's almost like Drakeford wants to see cases rise. Yesterday a whole school closed because of the virus.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/schools-coronavirus-wales-christma

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Next firebreak on 22:27 - Nov 27 with 1198 viewsbritferry

a couple of boozers in town were closed by the council for failing to social distance after Beauj day... no wonder they've done this, it would be mayhem every weekend with the Xmas parties

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Next firebreak on 22:54 - Nov 27 with 1179 viewscontroversial_jack

Next firebreak on 22:27 - Nov 27 by britferry

a couple of boozers in town were closed by the council for failing to social distance after Beauj day... no wonder they've done this, it would be mayhem every weekend with the Xmas parties

Good! Let's hope their licences were withdrawn
Next firebreak on 23:43 - Nov 27 with 1168 viewsDJack

Next firebreak on 22:24 - Nov 27 by Catullus

They hijacked the dates nit the festival, it was a pagan festival originally and they hoped that getting the name change would lead to people converted to Christianity.

Until the Christians hikacked the date it was called Saturnalia, nothing to do with Christmas. Readit again,

Saturnalia was in honour of the god Saturn and nothing to dow with Jesus or Christianity..

Anyway, I see today the unions and several councils are saying schools should close early for Christmas, to help prevent the spread of covid ostensibly. Drakeford is saying schools must stay open though. It's almost like Drakeford wants to see cases rise. Yesterday a whole school closed because of the virus.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/schools-coronavirus-wales-christma

...and ironically it was a festival of eating, drinking and fcking so his point holds even less water.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Next firebreak on 09:13 - Nov 30 with 1053 viewscontroversial_jack

Next firebreak on 22:24 - Nov 27 by Catullus

I would like to know who the genius was who thought the virus wouldn't be spread through schools.
Next firebreak on 09:29 - Nov 30 with 1037 viewsScotia

Next firebreak on 09:13 - Nov 30 by controversial_jack

I would like to know who the genius was who thought the virus wouldn't be spread through schools.

It does seem to be that less than about 10% of cases occur in schools. That isn't too bad considering distancing is pretty much impossible and hygiene difficult.
Login to get fewer ads

Next firebreak on 09:48 - Nov 30 with 1033 viewscontroversial_jack

Next firebreak on 09:29 - Nov 30 by Scotia

It does seem to be that less than about 10% of cases occur in schools. That isn't too bad considering distancing is pretty much impossible and hygiene difficult.

They don't incur in schools, they are spread there and then taken back to the family home
Next firebreak on 09:51 - Nov 30 with 1029 viewsScotia

Next firebreak on 09:48 - Nov 30 by controversial_jack

They don't incur in schools, they are spread there and then taken back to the family home

We've been here before. They really don't seem to be especially among younger kids. The evidence certainly supports schools staying open.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02973-3
Next firebreak on 17:13 - Nov 30 with 1006 viewsCatullus

Next firebreak on 09:51 - Nov 30 by Scotia

We've been here before. They really don't seem to be especially among younger kids. The evidence certainly supports schools staying open.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02973-3

In Wales, more cases in Primary than secondary last week,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/cases-coronavirus-reported-schools

The big problem being they are taking that infection home where more vulnerable people are.

"Since the start of term in September to November 25 there have been 3,299 reports of new Covid-19 cases across 861 schools in Wales; 1,435 cases in staff and 1,864 in pupils.

From a total of 1,573 schools across Wales, that means 54.7 % of schools have had a COVID-19 case. Of these 306 schools have had only one case."

So over half of schools have cases.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Next firebreak on 18:31 - Nov 30 with 990 viewscontroversial_jack

I have no idea why people think kids can't get it or spread it.Does the virus look at people and think, "you will do, no not not you, you will be ok now , but next time i'll get you." Common sense is in short supply sometimes
Next firebreak on 18:52 - Nov 30 with 976 viewsangryjack

Next firebreak on 22:27 - Nov 27 by britferry

Like the mayhem when you go in the likes of primark or any other shop in town boozers are getting blame for everything government taking easy option shut absolutely everything apart from emergency services,no government lose to much money..how do we even know these numbers and graphs are true could be telling us anything..its proven lockdowns don't work
Next firebreak on 18:59 - Nov 30 with 972 viewsCatullus

Next firebreak on 18:52 - Nov 30 by angryjack

Like the mayhem when you go in the likes of primark or any other shop in town boozers are getting blame for everything government taking easy option shut absolutely everything apart from emergency services,no government lose to much money..how do we even know these numbers and graphs are true could be telling us anything..its proven lockdowns don't work

So you think an economic collapse is a good idea then? It'd possibly cause as many long term problems as covid is creating.

Next firebreak on 20:25 - Nov 30 with 953 viewsAndy1300

Next firebreak on 18:31 - Nov 30 by controversial_jack

I have no idea why people think kids can't get it or spread it.Does the virus look at people and think, "you will do, no not not you, you will be ok now , but next time i'll get you." Common sense is in short supply sometimes

Does the virus look at someone in a shop as opposed to a pub and think, you’re ok, carry on shopping, you in that pub, you are going to get infected by me, go home at a certain time so that you don’t catch me?
[Post edited 30 Nov 2020 20:26]

Number 1 team in Wales

Next firebreak on 20:33 - Nov 30 with 940 viewsexhmrc1

Next firebreak on 20:25 - Nov 30 by Andy1300

Does the virus look at someone in a shop as opposed to a pub and think, you’re ok, carry on shopping, you in that pub, you are going to get infected by me, go home at a certain time so that you don’t catch me?
[Post edited 30 Nov 2020 20:26]

No the difference is that in a shop you only have minimal contact for short periods with anyone else. In a pub or restaurant you are normally close to others for hours so the virus spreads more. Pretty simple really. Thought you would have been able to work that out yourself.
Next firebreak on 21:07 - Nov 30 with 927 viewsJack123

Next firebreak on 20:33 - Nov 30 by exhmrc1

No the difference is that in a shop you only have minimal contact for short periods with anyone else. In a pub or restaurant you are normally close to others for hours so the virus spreads more. Pretty simple really. Thought you would have been able to work that out yourself.

How can the virus spread more if social distancing is being enforced?

I've been to a few places, and the other people sitting were more than 2 metres away, also I have been in one pub where they had screens dividing the drinkers, IMO the pubs I have been to are a lot safer than a supermarket/corner shop.

libera nos a malo

Next firebreak on 21:29 - Nov 30 with 916 viewsDr_Winston

You stop people meeting in pubs over Christmas. So the likelihood is they meet in people's houses instead. So much better.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Next firebreak on 21:41 - Nov 30 with 907 viewsScotia

More bizarre and nonsensical rules. I can travel and meet three friends from different parts of Wales and sit around a table with them and have a coffee, but I can't have a glass of wine if I go for a meal with my wife in a local restaurant.

I'm no fan of Drakeford obviously, but he's done what Starmer told him to do and it was an abject failure, so now he's copying Sturgeon. Is he capable of thinking for himself?
Next firebreak on 08:31 - Dec 1 with 868 viewsangryjack

Next firebreak on 18:59 - Nov 30 by Catullus

So you think an economic collapse is a good idea then? It'd possibly cause as many long term problems as covid is creating.

No I don't but they picking on pubs when you can catch it in work in shops anywhere,,I'm saying it's proven lockdown don't work keep everything open but be sensible,,,how can you honestly believe half of it anyway they could be telling us anything how do you know all these graphs and figures are true ,where's the proof.its a shambles we going back in England coming out where is the sense ,people from England can still come in work anything we can go out ,it's a shambles and pubs are getting the blame,,,keeping them open but can have food and soft drink...civic must be talking to his mates saying don't go in there they drinking soft drink and eating we can't infect them it's a joke...
Next firebreak on 11:14 - Dec 1 with 829 viewsonehunglow

Question we should be asking ourselves is why Pubs seem sacrosanct to our country.

We are talking drinking alcohol and all the accompanying issues.

We are nuts.

Next firebreak on 11:18 - Dec 1 with 828 viewscontroversial_jack

Next firebreak on 20:33 - Nov 30 by exhmrc1

I had worked it out, but in supermarkets many browse and can be there for quite a while.Did you work that out?
Next firebreak on 11:30 - Dec 1 with 823 viewsexhmrc1

Next firebreak on 11:18 - Dec 1 by controversial_jack

I had worked it out, but in supermarkets many browse and can be there for quite a while.Did you work that out?

Yes but you are only next to people for a short period. You arent next to them for hours as in pubs restaurants etc. People have called for the use of masks. They are not worn in pubs or for that matter school classrooms so that isnt helping. One of the public health wales experts was saying that to catch coronavirus at 2 metres you need to be next to someone for 15 minutes. I have not been next to anyone for 15 minutes when shopping usually seconds or at most a minute or so. This wasnt referring to your post anyway.
Next firebreak on 11:34 - Dec 1 with 819 viewsonehunglow

Clearly,we are the only country in Europe that sees drinking in pubs as an enshrined right.

We still have a hard drinking mentality.

We cannot stop getting hammered and acting like dickwads-as a nation.

It is part of our sick culture

Next firebreak on 11:36 - Dec 1 with 818 viewsDr_Winston

Hundreds of thousands of people are employed in hospitality. It's a job almost anyone can do regardless of education or qualifications. It's a job many people can do around care or study obligations. It's a massive revenue generator for the government.

But yeah, carry on with the moralising crap if you like.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024