Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid Postponements 12:53 - Dec 23 with 23015 viewsboromat

4 games off this weekend in League One due to Covid-19 infiltrating football club 'bubbles'.

This doesn't bode well for the season I think we're lucky there's not been too many called off due to weather so far but there could be some pile up of fixtures if this is what we are to expect every week. I know there's been talking of a football circuit breaker. I'm not sure how that would work.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Covid Postponements on 19:49 - Dec 25 with 3772 viewsShun

Covid Postponements on 16:33 - Dec 25 by 442Dale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/december/statement--blackpool-game-suspe
[Post edited 25 Dec 2020 16:34]

Strange choice of wording, ‘suspended’ rather than ‘postponed’. Or maybe I’m reading into things too much.
Covid Postponements on 19:51 - Dec 25 with 3764 viewsShun

Confirmed to be Humphrys who’s tested positive.
Covid Postponements on 19:59 - Dec 25 with 3739 viewsTVOS1907

Covid Postponements on 19:49 - Dec 25 by Shun

Strange choice of wording, ‘suspended’ rather than ‘postponed’. Or maybe I’m reading into things too much.

It's a generic word that keeps being used across the EFL and Premier League.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Covid Postponements on 21:17 - Dec 25 with 3579 viewsJames1980

Do a clubs get 'investigated' after a positive covid test in the camp?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Covid Postponements on 21:59 - Dec 25 with 3500 viewsEllDale

Covid Postponements on 21:17 - Dec 25 by James1980

Do a clubs get 'investigated' after a positive covid test in the camp?

Yes, it’s part of the EFL procedures in such circumstances.
Covid Postponements on 22:25 - Dec 25 with 3458 viewsJames1980

Covid Postponements on 21:59 - Dec 25 by EllDale

Yes, it’s part of the EFL procedures in such circumstances.

Just procedure then phew. Although if negligence is proven could we get sanctions imposed?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Covid Postponements on 11:42 - Dec 26 with 3033 views442Dale

League 1 looks to have been hardest so far.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Covid Postponements on 11:57 - Dec 26 with 2999 viewsTVOS1907

Covid Postponements on 11:42 - Dec 26 by 442Dale

League 1 looks to have been hardest so far.

Any Accrington fans claiming they should be given the points?

Login to get fewer ads

Covid Postponements on 12:07 - Dec 26 with 2966 viewsNigeriamark

Covid Postponements on 22:25 - Dec 25 by James1980

Just procedure then phew. Although if negligence is proven could we get sanctions imposed?

If the club held a Christmas party without players wearing masks, or a group of players went out to an unapproved event then there would probably be a point for a severe penalty. Seems it is only Humphries although we may find out there are others. Doesn't seem at this point he has done anything untoward and as someone else has pointed out there is a pandemic, and a good number of people who have been trying to do the right thing are still getting COVID

At this stage nothing to fear
Covid Postponements on 12:21 - Dec 26 with 2938 viewsDalenet

Sad that the match isn't on today and I guess Tuesday may be at risk too. What happens to the £10 iFollow passes that we paid for today. Are they automatically refunded or has the EFL got a complicated process that means we are unlikely to get the cash back? Anybody know?
Covid Postponements on 12:28 - Dec 26 with 2910 viewsTVOS1907

Covid Postponements on 12:21 - Dec 26 by Dalenet

Sad that the match isn't on today and I guess Tuesday may be at risk too. What happens to the £10 iFollow passes that we paid for today. Are they automatically refunded or has the EFL got a complicated process that means we are unlikely to get the cash back? Anybody know?

Would imagine it will either be automatically refunded or carried forward to the rearrangement, depending on the purchaser's wishes.

Maybe it will be sorted after the Bank Holiday.

Covid Postponements on 12:30 - Dec 26 with 2912 viewsDalenet

Covid Postponements on 12:28 - Dec 26 by TVOS1907

Would imagine it will either be automatically refunded or carried forward to the rearrangement, depending on the purchaser's wishes.

Maybe it will be sorted after the Bank Holiday.

Aye TVOS not expecting anything quickly. The EFL and iFollow terms and conditions have no refund clauses and no procedure for a postponement so there is no clarity there. Maybe the club could post something to help
Covid Postponements on 17:57 - Dec 28 with 2368 viewsblackdogblue

Covid Postponements on 12:30 - Dec 26 by Dalenet

Aye TVOS not expecting anything quickly. The EFL and iFollow terms and conditions have no refund clauses and no procedure for a postponement so there is no clarity there. Maybe the club could post something to help

Next 2 games off...

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/december/statement_gamessuspended/

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Covid Postponements on 18:10 - Dec 28 with 2332 viewsTVOS1907

Covid Postponements on 17:57 - Dec 28 by blackdogblue

Next 2 games off...

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/december/statement_gamessuspended/

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/266785/crewe-game../#23

Covid Postponements on 19:18 - Dec 28 with 2251 views442Dale

Doncaster now.

Covid Postponements on 20:46 - Dec 28 with 2141 viewsblackdogblue

Season will finish in July at this rate..

Covid Postponements on 11:09 - Dec 30 with 1899 viewsD_Alien

Covid Postponements on 20:58 - Dec 23 by DaleiLama

Indeed, the cavalry is coming but the indians just got faster. Didn't realise the license deal implications, but if all the doses of Pfizer have been injected into arms here and there are no second doses available at that time .............

Having said that, I'm aware of US and UK approval, but globally, less competition at present for more doses if available

Just been watching the Technical Briefing on the approval of the AstraZeneca vaccine (brilliant news!)

It includes an update on the Pfizer vaccine. Basically, both are approved as a 2-dose vaccine, but importantly, it's now been recommended that the roll-out of the first dose can be given greater priority since the time interval between the first and second dose has been extended to up to 12 weeks, with very good immunity following the initial dose

As per your thoughts DL (and others), this is an entirely sensible and safe decision and helps bring forward the tipping point for the release of us all from high tiers and towards a gradual but total return to the freedoms we're all aching for
[Post edited 30 Dec 2020 11:10]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Covid Postponements on 11:20 - Dec 30 with 1863 viewsDaleiLama

Covid Postponements on 11:09 - Dec 30 by D_Alien

Just been watching the Technical Briefing on the approval of the AstraZeneca vaccine (brilliant news!)

It includes an update on the Pfizer vaccine. Basically, both are approved as a 2-dose vaccine, but importantly, it's now been recommended that the roll-out of the first dose can be given greater priority since the time interval between the first and second dose has been extended to up to 12 weeks, with very good immunity following the initial dose

As per your thoughts DL (and others), this is an entirely sensible and safe decision and helps bring forward the tipping point for the release of us all from high tiers and towards a gradual but total return to the freedoms we're all aching for
[Post edited 30 Dec 2020 11:10]

Fantastic news.
Even though I had the virus I'm still having a vaccine as soon as it's offered.
Got a text from surgery advising no patients to contact surgery - they will contact us in turn.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Covid Postponements on 11:22 - Dec 30 with 1855 viewsD_Alien

Covid Postponements on 11:20 - Dec 30 by DaleiLama

Fantastic news.
Got a text from surgery advising no patients to contact surgery - they will contact us in turn.

Indeed. The recommendation is that those who've had the virus should be immunised along with everyone else eligible

Edit:
the briefing has just added that there's no evidence that different age groups (i.e youngsters) are more prone to infection from the new Covid variant than the original, despite initial suggestions they might be

[Post edited 30 Dec 2020 11:55]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Covid Postponements on 12:07 - Dec 30 with 1801 viewsisitme

Covid Postponements on 11:22 - Dec 30 by D_Alien

Indeed. The recommendation is that those who've had the virus should be immunised along with everyone else eligible

Edit:
the briefing has just added that there's no evidence that different age groups (i.e youngsters) are more prone to infection from the new Covid variant than the original, despite initial suggestions they might be

[Post edited 30 Dec 2020 11:55]

https://joshualoftus.com/

An interesting perspective about how more infectious the 'new strain' actually is.

As Tim Spector the main man behind the Zoe app said at the time the initial claims especially around the 71% increase in infectiousness are unlikely to pass the test of time. There are a number of interesting, if at times a bit complex articles about 'new strains'. Bizarrely some suggest that the November lockdown helped to establish it as the dominant strain and others have said that this strain was created in a hospital by treating patients with blood plasma. I suspect that there is a lot of conjecture and assumptions based on flimsy evidence.
Covid Postponements on 16:08 - Dec 30 with 1585 viewsNigeriamark

Covid Postponements on 11:20 - Dec 30 by DaleiLama

Fantastic news.

The results of the first 3 vaccines have been completely unexpected in terms of success rate especially the first 2. Even more amazing is the fact that they seem to work just as well in the elderly as the younger population which usually doesn't happen. As we are guaranteed a good number of the Oxford vaccines, and assuming we can get it rolled out quickly we might just get some footie crowds in at Spotland by Easter.
Covid Postponements on 17:29 - Dec 30 with 1524 viewsblackdogblue

Covid Postponements on 16:08 - Dec 30 by Nigeriamark

The results of the first 3 vaccines have been completely unexpected in terms of success rate especially the first 2. Even more amazing is the fact that they seem to work just as well in the elderly as the younger population which usually doesn't happen. As we are guaranteed a good number of the Oxford vaccines, and assuming we can get it rolled out quickly we might just get some footie crowds in at Spotland by Easter.

Over 50’s won’t all be done by then the way things are going

Covid Postponements on 17:41 - Dec 30 with 1510 views442Dale

Covid Postponements on 17:29 - Dec 30 by blackdogblue

Over 50’s won’t all be done by then the way things are going

No but even without the vaccines we were ready to have 2000 fans in safely. Still think that’s achievable by Easter time, subject to how the next month or two goes of course.

Covid Postponements on 22:32 - Dec 30 with 1372 viewsscarrow

Let's hope so. Logically there must be a way to mass vaccinate those who 'want to be. I'm mid 40s so will be low down on the list but heres hoping that the country can start to move again when a big percentage of people are jabbed.

Poll: Final position

Covid Postponements on 22:49 - Dec 30 with 1365 viewsjudd

Covid Postponements on 22:32 - Dec 30 by scarrow

Let's hope so. Logically there must be a way to mass vaccinate those who 'want to be. I'm mid 40s so will be low down on the list but heres hoping that the country can start to move again when a big percentage of people are jabbed.

One issue I picked up on from the news today about the new vaccine is that the logistics of transferring mass production into deliverable vial size units has yet to be solved.

Poll: What is it to be then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024