Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan 14:50 - Jan 15 with 26335 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/53914/match-preview-rochdal

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 15:49 - Jan 16 with 1748 viewsfunkkk

Don't think anyone can say with certainty based on the replay if it was a red. But, as has been said, why give the ref the decision to make? Poor from an experienced CB.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 15:50 - Jan 16 with 1736 viewsRotherhamDale

Definite red card. He's kicked his legs upwards into his body. But like others have said, who cares? We've been that bad it doesn't even matter.

I've never seen worse defending for a goal than Done getting spun for their second...

Possession with progression.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 15:50 - Jan 16 with 1724 viewsrichfoad32

What has Joe Dunne got to do to get a game? He's looked competent in the few glimpses I've had of him and surely can't be any worse?
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 15:50 - Jan 16 with 1731 views442Dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 15:48 - Jan 16 by TomRAFC

Defence is abysmal.

I don't want to be hard on the lad but Jake Beesley is in George Donnelly territory. Runs plenty but zero end product.

Humphrys has been our best attacking threat and our best defender.

Shocking decision for the red card against Jim. Although, Rathbone was lucky not to get a card for getting in the lads face whilst he was on the ground.

*EDIT* Having seen the replay on this thread I totally retract that statement. Absolutely a red card. Stupid behaviour from Jim.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 16:04]

We waited all that time for Humphrys to be fit to play alongside Beesley, who then got injured. We then wait weeks for him to be back... and now he’s playing wide right. So much of what we do is avoidable.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 15:50 - Jan 16 with 1732 viewsmightydale

Defence is abysmal.

I don't want to be hard on the lad but Jake Beesley is in George Donnelly territory. Runs plenty but zero end product.

Shocking decision for the red card against Jim. Although, Rathbone was lucky not to get a card for getting in the lads face whilst he was on the ground.

*EDIT* Having seen the replay on this thread I totally retract that statement. Absolutely a red card. Stupid behaviour from Jim.

Deffo red in my eyes, another player who shouldn't be near the first team or squad.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 15:51]

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 15:51 - Jan 16 with 1706 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 15:47 - Jan 16 by IOMDale

This particular ride is like being stuck on a rollercoaster when you hate heights and anything remotely fast.

2-1 down at HT. BBM's approach to home games is going to end up costing him his job ( were actually a decent side away from home). It's just so negative & although there are a couple of poor performances, it's primarily the tactics and approach. They fully deserve to be ahead & we just can't seem to get going forward. Probably 4 or 5 you could sub but I would like to see Newby & Mclaughlin on sooner rather than later
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 15:51 - Jan 16 with 1699 viewsRippDale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 15:49 - Jan 16 by 442Dale

McNulty has been a good servant and played his part in teams pushing for the playoffs and a big part when using a back three that kept us up under Hill. Let’s not rewrite history just because a player isn’t good enough now.

How can a manager keep getting his tactics wrong each home game and reverting to this?
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 15:52 - Jan 16 with 1668 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 15:48 - Jan 16 by Bazzanne

This awful to watch. We are definitely second best. Has anyone else noticed Robert's constant passing to McNulty. Won't be now Jim red card. With 10 men we are stuffed. Rubbish football, playing backwards again

The biggest question is who's instructing them to piss about with the ball, an inability to instill basic defending, and selecting shite players consistently to play in wrong positions....
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 15:52 - Jan 16 with 1665 viewsBarrowdale

Defence is abysmal.

At least Mcnulty cant pass back anymore. Last move offthe half was 8 passes backwards.
Beesley is hopeless. We dont press. We stroll like we’re winning. We havent given baah the ball since 5th minute and he has less room coz Bbm took a metre off the width of the pitch. He has to go now because this is dire
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 15:53 - Jan 16 with 1653 viewsDalenet

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 15:43 - Jan 16 by boromat

Shocking decision from a good referee.

Please don't appeal it
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 15:53 - Jan 16 with 1637 viewsD_Alien

So, we're back in the bottom four as things stand, and deservedly so

Half time a week ago, it seemed like a watershed moment. Since then, there's been more than a glimmer of hope, but in the end it's the hope that kills you

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 15:54 - Jan 16 with 1614 viewsHopwoodblue

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 15:44 - Jan 16 by Thacks_Rabbits

Since Done came back and we signed McNulty, we must have wasted a fortune over around 10 years. Neither have been good enough since day 1 yet they still steal a wage.

BBM also seems obsessed with signing crocks, we can afford to have passengers.

Think the board may have a decision to make after today.
There’s only two weeks left of the transfer window.
So it has to be done sooner rather than later.
We can’t keep finding an excuse for our home displays.
We have proved we can score goals so with a bit of tweaking and a more direct style I see no reason why we can’t avoid the bottom four.
Like I said a few weeks ago it’s time BBM put his ego to one side and tried playing to our strengths.
It’s not nice wanting a change but lessons don’t seem to be being learnt.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 15:57]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 15:55 - Jan 16 with 1574 viewsDalenet

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 15:51 - Jan 16 by Nigeriamark

2-1 down at HT. BBM's approach to home games is going to end up costing him his job ( were actually a decent side away from home). It's just so negative & although there are a couple of poor performances, it's primarily the tactics and approach. They fully deserve to be ahead & we just can't seem to get going forward. Probably 4 or 5 you could sub but I would like to see Newby & Mclaughlin on sooner rather than later

I have lost my patience with him now. Time for a change. First time I have felt like that but we are not going to be able to fight to stay in this league with tactics like that. All so sad
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 15:57]
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 15:57 - Jan 16 with 1514 viewsIOMDale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 15:53 - Jan 16 by D_Alien

So, we're back in the bottom four as things stand, and deservedly so

Half time a week ago, it seemed like a watershed moment. Since then, there's been more than a glimmer of hope, but in the end it's the hope that kills you

I said something similar at HT in the Crewe game but our failure to learn any lessons from previous insipid home performances is starting to make me apathetic.

I've moved beyond anger and frustration now. It just makes me sad and increasingly distant.

Still, having said that, I'll be all smiles again if we somehow come flying out of the blocks and end up taking something from this.

UTDNFS

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 15:58 - Jan 16 with 1499 viewsRotherhamDale

Possession with progression.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 15:58 - Jan 16 with 1493 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 15:43 - Jan 16 by boromat

Shocking decision from a good referee.

Clear red card. McNulty should know better.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 15:59 - Jan 16 with 1461 viewsjfmolyneux

Wigan fans on twitter all adamant that it was a red - I'm not so sure, but like others have said, he gave the ref a decision to make when he didn't have to.
Look on the bright side, 3 match suspension means he won't be anywhere near the first team for a while.

Done at LB is unbearable to watch, Beesley certainly ain't a winger.
Would like to see Newby 2nd half.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 15:59 - Jan 16 with 1458 viewsDelboy

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 15:42 - Jan 16 by Nigeriamark

+ Mclaughlin on too

That was a complete and utter disaster of a half. We make excuses every home game but the fact is too many players are not upto it. Beasley non existent and weak, Done and Keohone slow and weak, Morley totally ineffective and weak, Jim just painfully slow, Lund and Rathbone not at the races. Which does not leave a lot else to say. If we turn this around in the second half it will be through Wigan self imploding not us improving but I can't see it we are that bad.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 16:02 - Jan 16 with 1388 viewsinthenet

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 15:41 - Jan 16 by 442Dale

Lund playing so far forward isn’t working today and Beesley is a passenger wide. Get the latter up front and Rathbone Playing right midfield to at least stem the flow a bit.

Once more though, the defenders shouldn’t even be thinking of anything but keeping a solid shape but they’re not even doing that.

Simple as you said BBM needs to sort this out again !!! It’s so obvious!

Rastrickblue

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 16:03 - Jan 16 with 1341 viewsDaleiLama

I don't feel like this week's "playing it out from the back" highlights clip will be as easy on the eye 👊

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 16:03 - Jan 16 with 1345 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 15:50 - Jan 16 by RotherhamDale

Definite red card. He's kicked his legs upwards into his body. But like others have said, who cares? We've been that bad it doesn't even matter.

I've never seen worse defending for a goal than Done getting spun for their second...

I get where you're coming from with "Who cares?" but the bigger picture is we've got one centre-half for the next three games as things stand! And he's an 18-yearold from Brighton.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 16:03 - Jan 16 with 1338 viewsgolfaduffy

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 15:58 - Jan 16 by TVOS1907

Clear red card. McNulty should know better.

I agree. I thought it was a clear red card at the time. The reaction of our commentating team was cringeworthy, and has led to a couple of fans calling it a shocking decision. I hope they'll look at it again and agree.

The shocking decision today was selecting Keohane and Done at wing back.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 16:04 - Jan 16 with 1331 viewsboromat

Yep looking at the replay you can see why a red has been given not sure he kicks out as such but it's clumsy, awkward and gives the ref a decision to make. A little bit frustrating that the ref was so resistant to giving yellows but quick to give a straight red for that. Seems a little all or nothing.

I was for bringing Beesley off but I think we need his energy now. It won't be popular but I actually think Baah needs to come off for Newby with us being a man down Baah doesn't do enough without the ball.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 16:05 - Jan 16 with 1303 viewsDale23years

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 15:59 - Jan 16 by Delboy

That was a complete and utter disaster of a half. We make excuses every home game but the fact is too many players are not upto it. Beasley non existent and weak, Done and Keohone slow and weak, Morley totally ineffective and weak, Jim just painfully slow, Lund and Rathbone not at the races. Which does not leave a lot else to say. If we turn this around in the second half it will be through Wigan self imploding not us improving but I can't see it we are that bad.

Absolutely shocking home performance again! From a manager who is dragging us back to league 2.

BBM out, his performance and decisions are on par if not worst that the last part of Keith Hill tenure.

The Board are not faultless either

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 16:07 - Jan 16 with 1254 viewsboromat

McLaughlin for Baah will do.

Not looking forward to this half 🙈

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024