Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan 14:50 - Jan 15 with 26198 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/53914/match-preview-rochdal

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 17:05 - Jan 16 with 2121 viewsboromat

Got to be happy with a point after going down to 10 men but that first half performance was dismal at home.

Tuesday night away game now with possibly even more players out. Lund may need to be rested, Jim suspended not sure we can get 90 mins out of McShane if he couldn't even make the bench today. And I doubt we'll have anyone new in by then.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 17:07 - Jan 16 with 2099 viewsdawlishdale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 16:54 - Jan 16 by BigKindo

After 1 in 6 it should have raised alarm bells. Mr Bottomley don't come knocking on my door for £ 670 next season.

Why would anyone downvote this? £670 (presumably 2 Main Stand season tickets) is a heck of a lot of money . 1 win in umpteen home games gives BK every right to highlight this.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 17:08 - Jan 16 with 2077 viewsSaxonDale

We need:

A cb
A dm
A lb

All before the end of the month or we’ll go down. It’s amazing we have some players who could easily walk into top 6 teams in this league playing alongside players who would struggle to make an impact at National League level.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 17:09 - Jan 16 with 2070 viewsfunkkk

We are such a silly team 🍻
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 17:11 - Jan 16 with 2011 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 17:07 - Jan 16 by dawlishdale

Why would anyone downvote this? £670 (presumably 2 Main Stand season tickets) is a heck of a lot of money . 1 win in umpteen home games gives BK every right to highlight this.

Absolutely. I seem to recall posters being lectured in the season ticket queue about the attacking attributes of Matt Done by someone who clearly has not got a clue and is probably now making a decision on the manager. I shudder at the thought.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 17:46]

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 17:12 - Jan 16 with 1972 viewsdingdangblue

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 16:47 - Jan 16 by golfaduffy

Surely you mean Rathbone?

No Roberts , he's goalside of Keane and just watches him when he should be doing everything possible to challenge him or at least make it difficult to get his shot away.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 17:12 - Jan 16 with 1978 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 16:45 - Jan 16 by Yorkshire_Dale

No!.....they too busy faffing.

Why do our players look so hesitant to put in a challenge in the book? I would accuse them of faffing had they been passing it around the box in neat little triangles a Wigan player took it off one of them and slide it into the net.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 17:17 - Jan 16 with 1881 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 17:12 - Jan 16 by dingdangblue

No Roberts , he's goalside of Keane and just watches him when he should be doing everything possible to challenge him or at least make it difficult to get his shot away.

I've been saying this for a week or two now, but as an out-and-out defender in L1, Roberts is something of a liability

He's here to learn, but is being exposed due to lack of experience alongside him. When it comes to actually stopping the opposition he's a bit lightweight. It's not his fault he's been brought into an L1 relegation scrap by a manager who thinks we're playing in the Championship

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 17:19 - Jan 16 with 1848 viewsBigKindo

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 17:07 - Jan 16 by dawlishdale

Ta. How do I crowdfund?
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan (n/t) on 17:20 - Jan 16 with 1844 viewsRotherhamDale

Don't think we deserved the point but after McNulty nobbled their lad we should be happy take it.

Some January transfer business would be nice but I cant see much happening.

I agree with the point about Roberts. Superb on the ball but his defending at times is really poor. But then again he's up against experienced league one players with more or less no cover from anybody else.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 17:24]

Possession with progression.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 17:21 - Jan 16 with 1806 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 17:19 - Jan 16 by BigKindo

Ta. How do I crowdfund?

First of all you'd need a crowd which we won't have at these prices watching losing football

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 17:23 - Jan 16 with 1787 viewsgolfaduffy

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 17:11 - Jan 16 by judd

Absolutely. I seem to recall posters being lectured in the season ticket queue about the attacking attributes of Matt Done by someone who clearly has not got a clue and is probably now making a decision on the manager. I shudder at the thought.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 17:46]

Yes... It was David Bottomley telling us to trust his judgement that Matt Done would be our leading scorer.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 17:26 - Jan 16 with 1719 viewsdingdangblue

McLaughlin is so frustrating. Today was similar to his cameo v Newcastle last season. He's really superb getting forward, beat his man every time and won us 2 or 3 good corners. Peach of a cross for Humphrys wonderful header too. Just don't know what todays exertions will have cost him though - no one knows when he's going to break down.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 17:26 - Jan 16 with 1712 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 17:23 - Jan 16 by golfaduffy

Yes... It was David Bottomley telling us to trust his judgement that Matt Done would be our leading scorer.

To be fair, he did work tirelessly and endlessly to secure the signature from cash strapped Southend of the deperately homesick Royton lad and Dale fan Stephen Humphrys in the face of southern opposition 😉

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 17:27 - Jan 16 with 1706 viewsSandyman

Home record 2020/21

Rochdale 0 Sheffield Wednesday 2
Rochdale 0 Portsmouth 0
Rochdale 0 Man Utd U-21 0
Rochdale 2 Fleetwood 1
Rochdale 0 Hull City 3
Rochdale 2 Sunderland 2
Rochdale 1 Bristol Rovers 1
Rochdale 1 Stockport County 2
Rochdale 1 Salford City 2
Rochdale 0 AFC Wimbledon 1
Rochdale 1 Northampton Town 1
Rochdale 0 Lincoln City 2
Rochdale 1 Gillingham 4
Rochdale 3 Crewe Alex. 3
Rochdale 3 Wigan A. 3

One win in all 15 home games. 9 points out of a possible 33 in League home games. Action is required not excuses.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 17:32 - Jan 16 with 1644 viewsjfmolyneux

You'd be fuming if you were a Wigan fan, they should've had that game done and dusted.

Thought Rathbone had a cracking second half, he dragged us through that, McLaughlin also made a big difference.
Honourable mentions also to Beesley and Keohane, both had poor first halves but improved second halves. Thought Dooley was actually alright when he came on as well, I've seen him play worse.

It doesn't feel like it, but we are scoring goals at the moment, loads of goals!
Hopefully having McNulty suspended may force BBM's hand into switching it up at the back though, because conceding 14 in 4 is ridiculous.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 17:34 - Jan 16 with 1609 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 17:26 - Jan 16 by dingdangblue

McLaughlin is so frustrating. Today was similar to his cameo v Newcastle last season. He's really superb getting forward, beat his man every time and won us 2 or 3 good corners. Peach of a cross for Humphrys wonderful header too. Just don't know what todays exertions will have cost him though - no one knows when he's going to break down.

Just before that cross, McLaughlin was involved in a move down the right and ended up beyond the touchline, knackered and not looking able to make much of an effort to get back on

When he finally did, the ball broke to him and as you say, he put in a cross that just begged for someone to get on the end of it

We looked far more comfortable at the back with him there and Keohane at CB but whether he's fit for a very challenging game at Donny on Tuesday after today is anyone's guess. Such a shame, because he's clearly got a touch of class

[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 17:36]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 17:35 - Jan 16 with 1588 viewsboromat

It's the squad depth that's the problem and some of the gaps we have are first team players, primarily a left back.

I don't know what the finances are like but they can't be great. I think we may have to go with what we have unless we manage to move someone on. If not it's have to be a rabbit out of a hat.

With the central defensive issues at the moment think we need someone else. A central midfielder with some bite. And some pace for up top someone a bit more experienced than Baah.

Out of that wishlist I predict we'll be lucky to get a left back.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 17:38 - Jan 16 with 1526 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 17:35 - Jan 16 by boromat

It's the squad depth that's the problem and some of the gaps we have are first team players, primarily a left back.

I don't know what the finances are like but they can't be great. I think we may have to go with what we have unless we manage to move someone on. If not it's have to be a rabbit out of a hat.

With the central defensive issues at the moment think we need someone else. A central midfielder with some bite. And some pace for up top someone a bit more experienced than Baah.

Have you seen how many non-playing jobs we've advertised and filled of late? Paying wages for newly created positions does not seem to be a financial issue.

How the first team playing squad is not the priority, I will never know.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 17:39 - Jan 16 with 1517 views442Dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 17:02 - Jan 16 by dawlishdale

We have to be pleased with a point today...moreso when you look back at the game.

BBM just hasn't got a clue about playing at home, and some of his team selections baffle me.

We improved hugely after Jim was sent off...mainly due to not having him buggering about in the defence, whilst also not having Keohane playing full back (rubbish though he was; he did very well at makeshift centre back)

Full credit to the lads for keeping going right to the end, although Wigan had enough chances to win by several goals.

Keohane usually defends well at centre half. All of a sudden it’s not just full backs we need.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 17:40 - Jan 16 with 1493 views49thseason

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 17:23 - Jan 16 by golfaduffy

Matt Done in 18/19 played 2980 minutes and scored 2 goals and picked up 4 yellows since then, he has played another 3000 minutes or so scoring once (in 19/20) and without bothering the ref for a single other card.
so in 6000 minutes (roughly 66 games) over this and the previous 2 seasons he has contributed 3 goals and 4 yellows in total. His bank manager must be pleased at least.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 17:44 - Jan 16 with 1450 views442Dale

Irrespective of whether it’s members of our board or those of another club, they do not, no matter what they may think, have any superior knowledge of what makes a good/bad player than any other fan.

That is undisputed.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 17:49 - Jan 16 with 1386 views442Dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 17:40 - Jan 16 by 49thseason

Matt Done in 18/19 played 2980 minutes and scored 2 goals and picked up 4 yellows since then, he has played another 3000 minutes or so scoring once (in 19/20) and without bothering the ref for a single other card.
so in 6000 minutes (roughly 66 games) over this and the previous 2 seasons he has contributed 3 goals and 4 yellows in total. His bank manager must be pleased at least.

Very harsh last line! Whatever anyone’s views are around his ability, he’s clearly working as hard as anyone. Losing that yard of pace has left him half the player. Even with all that said, he produced a cross from which Dooley should have scored today.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 17:51 - Jan 16 with 1365 viewsShun

I posted a few weeks ago about losing faith in BBM, and there’s no doubt he has flaws - most pivotal of them seems to be his reluctance to change what isn’t working. But while we’re getting entertainment like this I’m far happier than watching relegation fights under Hill, Eyre or Coleman.

I’ll also add that I’ve never known a group of players fight so much. 3-0 down against Crewe? 3-2 down with ten men and only seconds remaining? They just don’t give up.

Bring in two full-backs and some more adequate cover at centre-back and this is a very good team, the best we’ve seen in a good few years. It’s just a shame that it’s also the worst defence we’ve had in quite a few years too!
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 17:56 - Jan 16 with 1318 viewsDalenet

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Wigan on 17:35 - Jan 16 by boromat

with the salary caps and covid lasting longer than some clubs expected you'd hope some clubs need to at least loan some players out so they too can strengthen. Taking a couple of players on for 4 months has to be affordable because relegation definitely isn't.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024