Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Deadline Day Business. 08:31 - Feb 2 with 7812 viewsdale1968

So with 3 in and a couple out whats the general feeling about the business conducted?
Feel a bit more optimistic with more strength added.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Deadline Day Business. on 14:47 - Feb 2 with 2487 viewsJames1980

Deadline Day Business. on 14:45 - Feb 2 by tony_roch975

I think Done has put in reasonable performances all season at FB and will certainly cope for the rest of the season. How about a back 3 of Oshi, O'Connell & Roberts?

Be careful suggesting a back three too many times you might get called obsessed.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Deadline Day Business. on 20:54 - Feb 2 with 2231 viewsdingdangblue

Deadline Day Business. on 14:41 - Feb 2 by Brierls

That pretty much echos my thoughts, with a slightly more positive tone.

If we hadn't been desperate for a left back, I'd look at the players that have come in (and gone to be honest) and consider it a successful window. However, we went into the window knowing we needed a left back and we didn't get one. I have no doubt BBM and his staff worked hard to bring a left back in (Mitchell), but to go into the rest of the season without a recognised left back, even a backup choice, is a failure in that area of recruitment.

I especially like the look of Shaughnessy and what's being said about him. The other lads look like they'll strengthen the squad. It will be nice to have options on the bench rather than bench warmers that you don't trust to make an impact.

I also agree on Done putting in his best two performances for a long time in the last two games. If he keeps that up, which I doubt, then we may just get away with it. Lets hope something has clicked.

I wouldn't want to move Osho from centre back, he's been very very solid. Get O'Connell back fit and you've got a really good pairing there. It may allow us to rotate Done and Roberts on the left side, and rotate McLaughlin and Keohane on the right side.

It would have been a great deadline day had we secured that left back.

I wouldn't mind a back 4 of McLaughlin, Osho, O'Connell, Roberts. Can't remember if Roberts has been tried at left back? He certainly likes to get forward and you'd think he'd be a better defender than Done?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Deadline Day Business. on 20:56 - Feb 2 with 2229 viewsleedsdale

Deadline Day Business. on 20:54 - Feb 2 by dingdangblue

I wouldn't mind a back 4 of McLaughlin, Osho, O'Connell, Roberts. Can't remember if Roberts has been tried at left back? He certainly likes to get forward and you'd think he'd be a better defender than Done?

Think he has - Wigan away was it? Think he was underwhelming
Deadline Day Business. on 21:20 - Feb 2 with 2171 viewsAtThePeake

Deadline Day Business. on 20:56 - Feb 2 by leedsdale

Think he has - Wigan away was it? Think he was underwhelming

And the following game at home to Gillingham, he hasn't looked comfortable there for me.

Tangled up in blue.

Deadline Day Business. on 23:08 - Feb 2 with 2072 viewsDelboy

Deadline Day Business. on 21:20 - Feb 2 by AtThePeake

And the following game at home to Gillingham, he hasn't looked comfortable there for me.

I think we are still some way from O'Connells return (in the case of McShane who knows)
However, in the meantime with the acquisition of Shaughnessy we have the option of a centre back pairing of Osho/ and either Roberts or Shaughnessy (with the remaining one of those two playing in front of the back four). Personally I could see this making us a more solid defensive unit with the added benefit of releasing Morley to operate in a more forward role. The back four would be then be made up of Mclaughlin at right back and sadly without the hoped for left back I can see us having no other choice but to continue with Done or Keohane playing on the left.
Deadline Day Business. on 04:43 - Feb 3 with 1969 viewsrichfoad32

Deadline Day Business. on 23:08 - Feb 2 by Delboy

I think we are still some way from O'Connells return (in the case of McShane who knows)
However, in the meantime with the acquisition of Shaughnessy we have the option of a centre back pairing of Osho/ and either Roberts or Shaughnessy (with the remaining one of those two playing in front of the back four). Personally I could see this making us a more solid defensive unit with the added benefit of releasing Morley to operate in a more forward role. The back four would be then be made up of Mclaughlin at right back and sadly without the hoped for left back I can see us having no other choice but to continue with Done or Keohane playing on the left.

If Shaugnessy comes straight into the midfield holding role, who do you have missing out? Either Baah or Dooley I guess, which might see us lacking a bit of width.
Deadline Day Business. on 04:54 - Feb 3 with 1959 viewsNigeriamark

Deadline Day Business. on 12:48 - Feb 2 by D_Alien

What's a ring player?

I know Tavares is slight, but sounds like a sleight...

Typing without my glasses again !! should have said "fringe"
Deadline Day Business. on 12:14 - Feb 3 with 1759 viewsD_Alien

Deadline Day Business. on 04:54 - Feb 3 by Nigeriamark

Typing without my glasses again !! should have said "fringe"

Ah! I thought it was just a different way of saying "peripheral", i.e. peripheral to the first team

I'm disappointed now...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Deadline Day Business. on 12:32 - Feb 3 with 1702 viewsboromat

Deadline Day Business. on 04:43 - Feb 3 by richfoad32

If Shaugnessy comes straight into the midfield holding role, who do you have missing out? Either Baah or Dooley I guess, which might see us lacking a bit of width.

I feel like Shaugnessy might not be an instant starter for every game. We'll need that type of player in certain games at certain times I should imagine but we'll see. Unless he can also play the Morley/Ryan deep playmaker role as well as being more defensive and physical. If so what a signing! We'll see. It will be interesting to see how all of the new players are integrated and used in the coming games.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Deadline Day Business. on 14:48 - Feb 3 with 1531 viewsDelboy

Deadline Day Business. on 12:32 - Feb 3 by boromat

I feel like Shaugnessy might not be an instant starter for every game. We'll need that type of player in certain games at certain times I should imagine but we'll see. Unless he can also play the Morley/Ryan deep playmaker role as well as being more defensive and physical. If so what a signing! We'll see. It will be interesting to see how all of the new players are integrated and used in the coming games.

I think as a permanent signing Shaughnessy is likely to figure straightaway. In what role we will have to see but bearing in mind our defensive frailties and our injured defenders it would seem logical to use him to shore up the defence. Holding midfield in front of the back four would be my guess but whatever role his height will be useful for dealing with set piece crosses which has to be a bonus.
Deadline Day Business. on 16:26 - Feb 3 with 1398 viewsJames1980

Deadline Day Business. on 14:48 - Feb 3 by Delboy

I think as a permanent signing Shaughnessy is likely to figure straightaway. In what role we will have to see but bearing in mind our defensive frailties and our injured defenders it would seem logical to use him to shore up the defence. Holding midfield in front of the back four would be my guess but whatever role his height will be useful for dealing with set piece crosses which has to be a bonus.

I have over thought that our lack of height makes it difficult to train defending and attacking balls at height in the box. The additional height in the squad will help with that.

Deadline Day Business. on 17:22 - Feb 3 with 1320 viewsKnowlesy

Deadline Day Business. on 14:48 - Feb 3 by Delboy

Agree. With the injury / suspension crises we've been having at the back, he should definitely feature regularly. He played today to give him a taste of how we play and it could very well be straight in on Saturday. Hopefully a holding midfield role, push Morley a bit further forward and sack off Dooley. That's the dream.
Deadline Day Business. on 17:30 - Feb 3 with 1307 viewstony_roch975

Deadline Day Business. on 17:22 - Feb 3 by Knowlesy

Agree. With the injury / suspension crises we've been having at the back, he should definitely feature regularly. He played today to give him a taste of how we play and it could very well be straight in on Saturday. Hopefully a holding midfield role, push Morley a bit further forward and sack off Dooley. That's the dream.

but removing Dooley threatens another unbalanced set-up without width

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Deadline Day Business. on 17:51 - Feb 3 with 1247 viewsD_Alien

Deadline Day Business. on 17:30 - Feb 3 by tony_roch975

Players should be selected on form and merit, not through adherence to specific systems

If Dooley plays well, he'll be selected

Deadline Day Business. on 17:53 - Feb 3 with 1240 viewsJames1980

Deadline Day Business. on 17:51 - Feb 3 by D_Alien

Players should be selected on form and merit, not through adherence to specific systems

If Dooley plays well, he'll be selected

In my head I read that in the style of Michael Palin's peasant character in Holy Grail

Deadline Day Business. on 17:55 - Feb 3 with 1233 viewsD_Alien

Deadline Day Business. on 17:53 - Feb 3 by James1980

In my head I read that in the style of Michael Palin's peasant character in Holy Grail

Spot on

Deadline Day Business. on 18:02 - Feb 3 with 1215 views1907

Our lack of height and ability to win second balls in the middle of the park has been evident of late.

Hopefully Shaughnessy will slot straight in there & make us more combative.
Deadline Day Business. on 14:06 - Feb 6 with 908 viewsKnowlesy

Deadline Day Business. on 17:30 - Feb 3 by tony_roch975

Baah and Newby can provide plenty of width
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024