Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Baah "deal" 18:36 - Feb 13 with 8689 viewsjudd

Anyone know wtf has actually been agreed?

On a Facebook page a fan has challenged a newspaper story that he will join City on a free, another fan claims City have paid a fee and loaned him back to us, and a club employee specifically responds to the latter with "Not true".

Poll: What is it to be then?

The Baah "deal" on 22:02 - Feb 13 with 2397 viewskel

“I don’t have any information! All I know is he’s not on loan to us!!”

Sounds like information to me tbf.
The Baah "deal" on 22:07 - Feb 13 with 2361 viewsjudd

The Baah "deal" on 22:02 - Feb 13 by kel

“I don’t have any information! All I know is he’s not on loan to us!!”

Sounds like information to me tbf.

Knuckles rapped

The Baah "deal" on 22:13 - Feb 13 with 2334 viewsAtThePeake

The Baah "deal" on 21:50 - Feb 13 by Shun

The club employee in question has just replied that ‘not true’ referred to the ‘he’s on loan’ comment.

Yeah, I think he was just saying that Baah isn't leaving on a free, nor is he back at Dale on loan. I think most of us understood neither of those were true so it could easily have been any of us replying 'not true' to those two posts, I'm not sure it's any attempt to appear ITK on this occasion.

Tangled up in blue.

The Baah "deal" on 22:16 - Feb 13 with 2316 viewsjudd

The Baah "deal" on 22:13 - Feb 13 by AtThePeake

Yeah, I think he was just saying that Baah isn't leaving on a free, nor is he back at Dale on loan. I think most of us understood neither of those were true so it could easily have been any of us replying 'not true' to those two posts, I'm not sure it's any attempt to appear ITK on this occasion.

Then why reply, specifically, to the original poster and the 2 points he made without caveating the fee element?

ITK all over it, in my opinion.

The Baah "deal" on 22:18 - Feb 13 with 2301 viewsAtThePeake

The Baah "deal" on 22:16 - Feb 13 by judd

Then why reply, specifically, to the original poster and the 2 points he made without caveating the fee element?

ITK all over it, in my opinion.

Yeah, I've no idea why there is any reason to reply in the first place (and tbf I haven't seen the follow up comments)

Tangled up in blue.

The Baah "deal" on 22:24 - Feb 13 with 2271 viewsjudd

The Baah "deal" on 22:18 - Feb 13 by AtThePeake

Yeah, I've no idea why there is any reason to reply in the first place (and tbf I haven't seen the follow up comments)

Well I've suggested why "Not true" was emphatically posted.

ITK, look at me, no other source is credible.

The Baah "deal" on 22:33 - Feb 13 with 2239 viewsAtThePeake

The Baah "deal" on 22:24 - Feb 13 by judd

Well I've suggested why "Not true" was emphatically posted.

ITK, look at me, no other source is credible.

I just mean that it strikes me as something that I might have posted had I been on Facebook a couple of years ago (I don't really bother reading through the posts anymore). Maybe not quite so bluntly, but if I thought the information was wrong I'd have probably pointed that out.

But then I don't really understand why a club employee is posting on those pages at all, I don't see what they get from it so perhaps you have a point.

Tangled up in blue.

The Baah "deal" on 23:21 - Feb 13 with 2152 viewsjudd

The Baah "deal" on 22:33 - Feb 13 by AtThePeake

I just mean that it strikes me as something that I might have posted had I been on Facebook a couple of years ago (I don't really bother reading through the posts anymore). Maybe not quite so bluntly, but if I thought the information was wrong I'd have probably pointed that out.

But then I don't really understand why a club employee is posting on those pages at all, I don't see what they get from it so perhaps you have a point.

Thank you

Login to get fewer ads

The Baah "deal" on 23:24 - Feb 13 with 2144 viewsDaleiLama

And Skinner unplanned show?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

The Baah "deal" on 23:50 - Feb 13 with 2104 viewsJames1980

Let me fix the comment. 'He isn't on loan, I don't know the situation regarding a fee'
[Post edited 14 Feb 2021 0:12]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

The Baah "deal" on 00:06 - Feb 14 with 2095 viewsjudd

The Baah "deal" on 23:24 - Feb 13 by DaleiLama

And Skinner unplanned show?

Took me a while 😁

The Baah "deal" on 21:33 - Feb 15 with 1554 viewsSuddenLad

So the updated rumour (via Twitter) seems to be that Baah has not signed anything pre-contract that links him to Manchester City (or anyone else as far as we know) and he will be a free agent in July unless he signs a deal.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

The Baah "deal" on 21:49 - Feb 15 with 1504 viewsjudd

The Baah "deal" on 21:33 - Feb 15 by SuddenLad

So the updated rumour (via Twitter) seems to be that Baah has not signed anything pre-contract that links him to Manchester City (or anyone else as far as we know) and he will be a free agent in July unless he signs a deal.

Added to that a rumour that he failed a medical.

The Baah "deal" on 21:59 - Feb 15 with 1476 viewsfunkkk

I thought it had been pretty widely reported that no deal had been finalised?
The Baah "deal" on 22:11 - Feb 15 with 1433 viewsjudd

The Baah "deal" on 21:59 - Feb 15 by funkkk

I thought it had been pretty widely reported that no deal had been finalised?

Looking elsewhere it appears the manager announced it on Sky Sports News, his partner tweeted it and Humphrys allegedly mentioned it.

The deal was described as not true by an employee in Facebook, since amended to only refer to the loan.

The Baah "deal" on 22:16 - Feb 15 with 1411 viewsfunkkk

BBM came out and said the deal was far from done, or words to that effect, a week or so after the transfer window had shut.
The Baah "deal" on 22:18 - Feb 15 with 1406 viewsfitzochris

The Baah "deal" on 22:16 - Feb 15 by funkkk

BBM came out and said the deal was far from done, or words to that effect, a week or so after the transfer window had shut.

He did and that’s what I was following up - he’s right. No deal has been agreed.

As for the medical rumour, I know nothing about that.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

The Baah "deal" on 22:24 - Feb 15 with 1382 viewsjudd

The Baah "deal" on 22:16 - Feb 15 by funkkk

There’s another thread on here on which a poster claims BBM said Baah had his dream move broadcast on Sky Sports News.

Not doubting he since changed it.

Someone on Twitter has retweeted BBMs partners post about our brothers move and congratulating BBM on giving him his debut.

The Baah "deal" on 22:45 - Feb 15 with 1330 viewsSandyman

Interview with Mr Baah on Radio Bolton from last Saturday at 51:30. Confirms nothing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p095t051
The Baah "deal" on 22:52 - Feb 15 with 1311 viewsdale_spotland

The Baah "deal" on 22:24 - Feb 15 by judd

There’s another thread on here on which a poster claims BBM said Baah had his dream move broadcast on Sky Sports News.

Not doubting he since changed it.

Someone on Twitter has retweeted BBMs partners post about our brothers move and congratulating BBM on giving him his debut.

Can’t do links to Facebook closed groups but if you go the appreciation page on Facebook and search ‘dream move’ you will find the video of BBM claiming Baah had secured his dream move.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

The Baah "deal" on 23:00 - Feb 15 with 1298 viewsFrankDale

The Baah "deal" on 22:52 - Feb 15 by dale_spotland

Can’t do links to Facebook closed groups but if you go the appreciation page on Facebook and search ‘dream move’ you will find the video of BBM claiming Baah had secured his dream move.

Sky interviewed BBM on deadline day morning.
I watched the interview and BBM definitely said Baah had got his dream move.
The Baah "deal" on 23:56 - Feb 15 with 1205 viewsD_Alien

What concerns me amid all this nonsense is the role of Man City, and in particular their (apparent) requirement that Dale keep the move under wraps

There must be some rationale for this stance, no doubt backed by financial incentives which place Dale over a barrel

If this can happen with Baah, it can happen with others too, which imo puts our business model under threat. In short, its not acceptable. I wish Baah nothing but the best for his future, but he's simply a raw talent that we took a gamble on and if we end up with nothing as a result (either because the deal falls through or he doesn't sign a contract which gives the club some future bargaining power) then what are we going to do about it?

All this speculation is so unnecessary - in fact its total bollox, to not put too fine a point on it. With everything else going on in the world, people will just turn off from football and see a bunch of self-serving nonentities with pretty much zero value to society

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The Baah "deal" on 02:34 - Feb 16 with 1144 viewsAussieDale

No idea what the rules on this are but is it possible for CFG to purchase our club. The one flaw in their business model, which to my untrained eye seems far superior to others in the premier league, is their inability to develop youth in the one environment whilst ensuring tough competitive games. It might be one possible explanation for the nonsense that seems to be surrounding Baah’s possible move.
The Baah "deal" on 06:54 - Feb 16 with 1078 viewsJames1980

The Baah "deal" on 21:33 - Feb 15 by SuddenLad

Oh Baahllocks. Hopefully he does sign a contract extension.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

The Baah "deal" on 07:19 - Feb 16 with 1059 viewsfitzochris

This story, since the get-go, has been full of confusion. I’ve tried my best to follow it and give accurate information to supporters where available, but it seems even I’ve not had the full picture.

It started with this:

Which, when followed up, I discovered City’s first attempt had been rejected. It then seemed to switch from a buy-to-loan-back deal to a pay-a-fee-rather-than-compensation deal.

Throughout the day we had various people nodding that the deal was done - even BBM himself on Sky Sports News.

What the Guardian then reported here most accurately reflects what I and others were eventually told on deadline day:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2021/feb/01/manchest

So that was my understanding until the manager then said to both BBC Radio Manchester and the Rochdale Observer that the deal was in fact not done and was “some way away” from being done.

Naturally, this was followed up, as it added to the confusion for supporters, and, last night, I was finally told that BBM is correct - the deal has not been done.

That’s all I know at this point.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024