Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread 14:29 - Apr 17 with 9252 views442Dale

Although it’ll mean they will go above us by a point, we could really do with Swindon winning this.

A Wimbledon win would be a six point gap again, which would possibly be a bridge too far.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 14:53 - Apr 18 with 1365 views442Dale

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 13:59 - Apr 18 by James1980

But if the target is to stay in League 1 if at the end of this season we are still in the league haven't the last 2 seasons been successful? If not isn't the problem with those setting that target and not those achieving it?

Nothing to do with whatever the club’s own targets or aims are. As seen in the examples, managers are judged on so many factors, including how supporters are feeling.

To ignore that, especially when it’s a set of fans who have been as fair and reasoned as we are in general, would be a massive mistake.

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 15:13 - Apr 18 with 1289 viewsSuddenLad

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 14:53 - Apr 18 by 442Dale

Nothing to do with whatever the club’s own targets or aims are. As seen in the examples, managers are judged on so many factors, including how supporters are feeling.

To ignore that, especially when it’s a set of fans who have been as fair and reasoned as we are in general, would be a massive mistake.

But - as has been said many times, the voices on this messageboard aren't necessarily speaking for the majority of supporters, or even represent the majority.

Unless BBM falls on his sword, or there are huge changes upstairs, he'll still be here in August. I've no doubt work is already underway behind the scenes in preparation for the new season - regardless of which League we find ourselves.

If he stays, as now, along with the team, he gets my support.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 15:55 - Apr 18 with 1199 views442Dale

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 15:13 - Apr 18 by SuddenLad

But - as has been said many times, the voices on this messageboard aren't necessarily speaking for the majority of supporters, or even represent the majority.

Unless BBM falls on his sword, or there are huge changes upstairs, he'll still be here in August. I've no doubt work is already underway behind the scenes in preparation for the new season - regardless of which League we find ourselves.

Didn’t say that fans on here were speaking for the majority, however it is an excellent snapshot of fans who are able to assess the situation fairly taking into account all the factors. It gives a good indication of the fanbase in general, and nor is it a case of the extremes of BBM in/out. It’s about assessing the general mood around the club and amongst fans and assessing what is best for the football club, irrespective of our own individual views. Some of the previous examples are illustrations of that.

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 17:05 - Apr 18 with 1090 viewsTVOS1907

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 15:13 - Apr 18 by SuddenLad

Who's said "the voices on this messageboard are speaking for the majority of supporters, or even representing the majority"?

It seems they either are or aren't when it suits.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 17:16 - Apr 18 with 1064 viewsTVOS1907

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 13:59 - Apr 18 by James1980

But if the target is to stay in League 1 if at the end of this season we are still in the league haven't the last 2 seasons been successful? If not isn't the problem with those setting that target and not those achieving it?

James, can you let us know what you've enjoyed about this season, because the primary objective should be to provide some entertainment for the fans.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 17:20 - Apr 18 with 1058 viewsSuddenLad

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 17:05 - Apr 18 by TVOS1907

Who's said "the voices on this messageboard are speaking for the majority of supporters, or even representing the majority"?

It seems they either are or aren't when it suits.

No-one has said it (as far as I know) - which is what I said.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 18:01 - Apr 18 with 982 viewsTVOS1907

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 17:20 - Apr 18 by SuddenLad

No-one has said it (as far as I know) - which is what I said.

You said: "But - as has been said many times, the voices on this messageboard aren't necessarily speaking for the majority of supporters, or even represent the majority."

So I'm confused about what you're trying to say by raising the issue of the "voices on this messageboard" in the first place.

What I think 442 was trying to say to James is that he believes the fans have been very fair, whether in person or virtually (i.e. on this messageboard, Twitter, Facebook, etc), but James seems to be implying the fans have been unfair in his relentless defence of the manager.

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 18:27 - Apr 18 with 920 viewstony_roch975

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 17:16 - Apr 18 by TVOS1907

James, can you let us know what you've enjoyed about this season, because the primary objective should be to provide some entertainment for the fans.

I don't know any season that's entertaining when your side is permanently around the relegation zone, entertainment comes as the luxury of success; if Dale were in the League's top half and had got to the 4th round of the Cup, how many would still be calling for BBM's sacking as an incompetent manager. So if you want guaranteed entertainment (as someone said to James) you wouldn't support Dale.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Login to get fewer ads

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 18:37 - Apr 18 with 889 viewsBigDaveMyCock

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 14:53 - Apr 18 by 442Dale

If, and it’s a massive if, BBM keeps us up I certainly would not want the club to get rid of him. He will have earned, just about admittedly, the right to have another go.
A bit of objectivity here. Dale sacking a manager who has kept the club in the third tier? That’s not good.
We’re getting very Bury here.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 18:45 - Apr 18 with 855 views442Dale

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 18:37 - Apr 18 by BigDaveMyCock

If, and it’s a massive if, BBM keeps us up I certainly would not want the club to get rid of him. He will have earned, just about admittedly, the right to have another go.
A bit of objectivity here. Dale sacking a manager who has kept the club in the third tier? That’s not good.
We’re getting very Bury here.

Not claiming we should sack him if that happened. It’s more a look at the overall picture as we stand right now, something that could of course change going forward. That’s pretty much the point, and I can only comment what I’ve seen on here and in conversations, there’s a real sense of fairness in the way BBM has been treated. Obviously I’m sure there are examples of extremes but most appreciate the circumstances and have tried to analyse what they’re seeing.

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 18:48 - Apr 18 with 830 viewsBigDaveMyCock

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 18:45 - Apr 18 by 442Dale

Not claiming we should sack him if that happened. It’s more a look at the overall picture as we stand right now, something that could of course change going forward. That’s pretty much the point, and I can only comment what I’ve seen on here and in conversations, there’s a real sense of fairness in the way BBM has been treated. Obviously I’m sure there are examples of extremes but most appreciate the circumstances and have tried to analyse what they’re seeing.

If we stay up should we keep him?

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 18:48 - Apr 18 with 830 views442Dale

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 18:27 - Apr 18 by tony_roch975

I don't know any season that's entertaining when your side is permanently around the relegation zone, entertainment comes as the luxury of success; if Dale were in the League's top half and had got to the 4th round of the Cup, how many would still be calling for BBM's sacking as an incompetent manager. So if you want guaranteed entertainment (as someone said to James) you wouldn't support Dale.

The 17/18 season was quite entertaining once Hill decided to play 5-3-2.
The 86/87 season remains one of my favourites as we battled dropping out of the league.

This season could have been much, much better than it has been. That’s all.

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 18:51 - Apr 18 with 817 views442Dale

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 18:48 - Apr 18 by BigDaveMyCock

If we stay up should we keep him?

Yes. It’s a results based business. As posted before, if we stay up he will have overseen a run-in with title winning form.

The overall direction of the club and the off the field situation remains far more important than results and the manager though.

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 18:55 - Apr 18 with 805 viewsBigDaveMyCock

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 18:51 - Apr 18 by 442Dale

Yes. It’s a results based business. As posted before, if we stay up he will have overseen a run-in with title winning form.

The overall direction of the club and the off the field situation remains far more important than results and the manager though.

Totally agree with the last bit but in our zest to get rid, rid, rid we may just want to pause for thought every now and again.

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 19:07 - Apr 18 with 768 views442Dale

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 18:55 - Apr 18 by BigDaveMyCock

Totally agree with the last bit but in our zest to get rid, rid, rid we may just want to pause for thought every now and again.

Which is really what has been tried to get across over the last few months, there isn’t that zest at all. The disappointment and frustration far outweighs anything else. Examples of that thought are littered on here over the last six months.

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 19:11 - Apr 18 with 746 viewsD_Alien

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 18:55 - Apr 18 by BigDaveMyCock

Watching Dale arse around with the ball in our own third, putting ourselves under pressure, both boring and dispiriting at the same time, and so easily identified by opposition managers as a means of gaining three easy points for so long this season, gave me a heck of a long time to think

It was unbelievable how long it continued - until we started wearing a hole in the trapdoor at the bottom of the table

This messageboard has it well-documented. There can be no revision of this season now that we've started playing in a manner far more likely to succeed; we should be relatively safe by now, even with our resources and travails in the boardroom

If i was given a choice, would i give BBM a second chance, perhaps to try the same malign experiment next season? Absolutely not, whatever league we're in

[Post edited 18 Apr 2021 19:15]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 19:29 - Apr 18 with 695 viewsTVOS1907

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 18:27 - Apr 18 by tony_roch975

Which, in a roundabout way, is the point I'm trying to make to James.

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 19:32 - Apr 18 with 684 viewsTVOS1907

Discounting those who shout the loudest and angriest, where's this "zest to get rid, rid, rid"?

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 19:46 - Apr 18 with 649 viewsBigDaveMyCock

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 19:32 - Apr 18 by TVOS1907

Discounting those who shout the loudest and angriest, where's this "zest to get rid, rid, rid"?

DAlien above.

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 19:54 - Apr 18 with 617 views442Dale

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 19:46 - Apr 18 by BigDaveMyCock

DAlien above.

There are people who would change the manager. Doubt it’s been a campaign with any zest.

In fact, I’m certain it isn’t. Irrational “change the manager” posts/chants because we are losing would be very Bury, that’s true. And it’s something the board could level at the supporters to back their decisions if that irrational behaviour was prevalent. But it isn’t, so they can’t.

Let’s not give them the chance.

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 20:02 - Apr 18 with 592 viewsBigDaveMyCock

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 19:54 - Apr 18 by 442Dale

There are people who would change the manager. Doubt it’s been a campaign with any zest.

In fact, I’m certain it isn’t. Irrational “change the manager” posts/chants because we are losing would be very Bury, that’s true. And it’s something the board could level at the supporters to back their decisions if that irrational behaviour was prevalent. But it isn’t, so they can’t.

Let’s not give them the chance.

Just to confirm, DAlien is advocating that we should get rid of the manager regardless of whether he keeps us up.

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 20:03 - Apr 18 with 584 views442Dale

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 20:02 - Apr 18 by BigDaveMyCock

Just to confirm, DAlien is advocating that we should get rid of the manager regardless of whether he keeps us up.

Yes. We can read.

There is no zest amongst the fanbase.

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 20:04 - Apr 18 with 576 viewsdingdangblue

Every season we stay in League 1 aren't we just prolonging relegation? I never dreamt watching Dale in the 80's and 90's that we would stay 7 consecutive seasons in the 3rd tier - certainly not without major investment in the club. I hope we win most of our remaining games and stay up - then what?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 20:05 - Apr 18 with 571 viewsTVOS1907

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 19:46 - Apr 18 by BigDaveMyCock

DAlien above.

Tbf, you posted that before he replied to it.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2021 20:08]

AFC Wimbledon v Swindon (5.30pm ko) match thread on 20:07 - Apr 18 with 567 viewsncfc_chalky

Can Dale afford to even get rid of BBM in current financial climate for football clubs?

If you get relegated some fans have said that they won't renew their season tickets so Dale will be down on that money,there could be a third covid variant that stops watching games live again plus there's the wages for a new manager and not to mention that instead of teams like Sunderland coming to Spotland you end up with Stevenage instead,it won't come cheap getting rid

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024