Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Play Offs 09:52 - May 17 with 56555 viewsTomS

Surely the only team that can stop Brentford from getting promoted is Brentford. Looking at the form table, Wycombe have a better record in their final five matches than all of the other three clubs in the Play Offs, and they got relegated.

Momentum is everything in the Championship, can the serial chokers keep their composure this time around?
Play Offs on 15:21 - May 30 with 2512 viewsNorthernr

Play Offs on 14:33 - May 30 by PinnerPaul

2 key points for me, look just before the 'challenge' he actually looks away from the ball to see where Brentford player is and although its the first contact that is the foul, he actually then continues with a 2 footed challenge as well!

Red all day long for me.

Swansea GK could have been sent off as well, but at this level refs seem to use a very wide definition of "genuine attempt for the ball" !
[Post edited 30 May 2021 14:38]

Referee gets one look and I thought it was a red first time I saw it.
V amusing, I’ve come home this weekend first time in a year+ to see mum so was in the car listening on the radio rather than watching. Ollie, David Connolly, Sam Matterface on coms all said immediately “what on Earth has he done, terrible tackle, could have snapped his Achilles, two feet, follow through, definite red, referee no choice, stupid thing to do” then two or three replays later started on with the “accident, bit unlucky, premier league referee giving premier league decision” stuff without ever acknowledging that at first look (which is all the ref gets) they’d all said it was a blatant red and a stupid tackle.
Play Offs on 15:35 - May 30 with 2455 viewsMick_S

Play Offs on 14:39 - May 30 by francisbowles

Good luck Switchingcode and if it is horrible feel free to switch your allegiance. Lol

Seriously though, I hope you continue to have an input on here, most of us believe you are always welcome.

Yep, stick around Sc and let us know how it’s going.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Play Offs on 15:57 - May 30 with 2416 viewsRangersw12

Congratulations to Brentford deserved to go up in the end

Championship will be interesting next season I think we have a decent chance of top 6 as it doesn't look that strong

Roll on the fixtures and Blackpool or Lincoln away opening day
Play Offs on 16:38 - May 30 with 2328 viewsIrish_Hoop

Tony Scully Jr on for Lincoln now
Play Offs on 16:50 - May 30 with 2290 viewsdenhamhoop2

Play Offs on 14:33 - May 30 by PinnerPaul

2 key points for me, look just before the 'challenge' he actually looks away from the ball to see where Brentford player is and although its the first contact that is the foul, he actually then continues with a 2 footed challenge as well!

Red all day long for me.

Swansea GK could have been sent off as well, but at this level refs seem to use a very wide definition of "genuine attempt for the ball" !
[Post edited 30 May 2021 14:38]

I thought Grimes challenge in the first few minutes was worse a snidey studs first challenge luckily it was on Canos so he was already flying through the air before the challenge came in
Play Offs on 16:51 - May 30 with 2287 viewsstrikerace

Lincoln City just blew a great chance. Blackpool holding on
Play Offs on 16:52 - May 30 with 2285 viewsdenhamhoop2

Ah well no new ground to visit next season no doubt with Blackpool away mid week just before Christmas
Play Offs on 16:53 - May 30 with 2278 viewsstowmarketrange

Blackpool on a Tuesday night it is then.
Login to get fewer ads

Play Offs on 17:02 - May 30 with 2248 viewslosethedrum

Play Offs on 16:53 - May 30 by stowmarketrange

just pretty much text this to my dad a minute ago , added in prob in feb during a storm
Play Offs on 17:57 - May 30 with 2146 viewsterryb

Blackpool were the better team & deserved to win.

However, they certainly benefitted from the referee giving every "50/50 decision" in their favour.
Play Offs on 19:20 - May 30 with 2042 viewsCamberleyR

Play Offs on 16:53 - May 30 by stowmarketrange

In February.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Play Offs on 19:23 - May 30 with 2038 viewsNorthernr

Play Offs on 17:57 - May 30 by terryb

Blackpool were the better team & deserved to win.

However, they certainly benefitted from the referee giving every "50/50 decision" in their favour.

Sad to see a referee like that, who's been terrible in our division for a number of seasons, rewarded with a play off final. Second half performance was very poor indeed, at one point I wondered whether he might have Blackpool on his coupon. Meanwhile the Championship's best referee is stuck on the side as 4th official.
Play Offs on 20:41 - May 30 with 1901 viewstkqpr

Lincoln my local team, great little club, what with tme losing and Chelsea and Brentfrod winner its been a bad weekend. Still...the suns out!
Play Offs on 20:48 - May 30 with 1882 viewsE17hoop

Play Offs on 19:23 - May 30 by Northernr

Sad to see a referee like that, who's been terrible in our division for a number of seasons, rewarded with a play off final. Second half performance was very poor indeed, at one point I wondered whether he might have Blackpool on his coupon. Meanwhile the Championship's best referee is stuck on the side as 4th official.

Jared Gillett? Agreed - Prem soon.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Play Offs on 22:23 - May 30 with 1779 viewsGloryHunter

Play Offs on 23:00 - May 29 by CliveWilsonSaid

A mate of mine has a theory that you can't successfully have more than x5 London Clubs in the top division at any one time.

Next season there is Totsingham, Chelski, Arsenil, Wet Spam, Pal@rse and Bentfart. tW@tford arguably too.

QPR, Foolham and Millwall should be contenders for promotion so we need a few to head he other way.
[Post edited 29 May 2021 23:01]

I think this may be related to the theory of local derby matches being especially stressful and damaging for the teams involved. But it doesn't seem to apply to the North-West Prem teams, of which there are usually at least five - and sometimes six or seven - within 50 miles of each other.
Moscow also has quite a few local derby games every season, I understand.
[Post edited 30 May 2021 22:33]
Play Offs on 09:44 - May 31 with 1563 viewsfrancisbowles

Play Offs on 15:57 - May 30 by Rangersw12

Congratulations to Brentford deserved to go up in the end

Championship will be interesting next season I think we have a decent chance of top 6 as it doesn't look that strong

Roll on the fixtures and Blackpool or Lincoln away opening day

Err Nooo!

Newly promoted team, on a roll, crowds back, on their own patch. It's the last opening fixture we want. A home game with a packed Loftus Road/KPFS should give us a better chance of the right start.
Play Offs on 10:11 - May 31 with 1533 viewsRangersw12

Play Offs on 09:44 - May 31 by francisbowles

Err Nooo!

Newly promoted team, on a roll, crowds back, on their own patch. It's the last opening fixture we want. A home game with a packed Loftus Road/KPFS should give us a better chance of the right start.

I'm looking at it in a purely selfish way of what a great away day Blackpool would be in August

Weekend end up there and a packed out away end
Play Offs on 10:18 - May 31 with 1525 viewsdaveB

Play Offs on 10:11 - May 31 by Rangersw12

I'm looking at it in a purely selfish way of what a great away day Blackpool would be in August

Weekend end up there and a packed out away end

no chance any away end will be packed out, save them for later in the season when we can go
Play Offs on 10:23 - May 31 with 1509 viewsdaveB

Brentford should be quite likable, the way they have done things has been impressive and they fully deserve this promotion but the arrogance they are showing is unreal. Toney's goal celebration I thought was pathetic and hearing them yesterday talk of a top 10 finish, wind your necks in for Christ sake, ambition is one thing but humility is something they could do with a bit of
Play Offs on 10:43 - May 31 with 1460 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Play Offs on 10:23 - May 31 by daveB

Brentford should be quite likable, the way they have done things has been impressive and they fully deserve this promotion but the arrogance they are showing is unreal. Toney's goal celebration I thought was pathetic and hearing them yesterday talk of a top 10 finish, wind your necks in for Christ sake, ambition is one thing but humility is something they could do with a bit of

Totally agree, but let’s not forget the ‘Champions League in Five Years’ comments!
Play Offs on 11:21 - May 31 with 1416 viewsRangersw12

Play Offs on 10:18 - May 31 by daveB

no chance any away end will be packed out, save them for later in the season when we can go

Don't see why not considering they've allowed fans for Play Offs, Champions League and the Euros
Play Offs on 12:08 - May 31 with 1366 viewsNorthernr

Play Offs on 11:21 - May 31 by Rangersw12

Don't see why not considering they've allowed fans for Play Offs, Champions League and the Euros

Away tickets on sale for Hull’s next couple of Super League games...
Play Offs on 12:10 - May 31 with 1366 viewsswitchingcode

Play Offs on 10:23 - May 31 by daveB

Who was saying all that ?I was at Wembley then Chiswick from 10am to 11 pm with loads of fans never heard any of that.If pisses me off when a tiny minority of fans are quoted as that’s the norm.
Have a look at your site next door there is some embarrassing posts on there that I’m sure you wouldn’t want to be associated with.
Play Offs on 12:23 - May 31 with 1334 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

Play Offs on 12:10 - May 31 by switchingcode

Who was saying all that ?I was at Wembley then Chiswick from 10am to 11 pm with loads of fans never heard any of that.If pisses me off when a tiny minority of fans are quoted as that’s the norm.
Have a look at your site next door there is some embarrassing posts on there that I’m sure you wouldn’t want to be associated with.

Congratulations, S-code. Cant help but be pleased for the old school Bees I used to know back in Isleworth and judging by the number of doors creaking and things falling off shelves all by themselves in my house on Saturday night, my old man was happy too.
Play Offs on 12:46 - May 31 with 1300 viewsMrSheen

Play Offs on 12:10 - May 31 by switchingcode

I had my second vaccine in the community centre of the estate at the bottom of South Ealing Road on Saturday morning. Queuing up outside I overheard a couple of old boys on a bench, chatting about going to Wembley later - well into their 80s!

Fair play to Brentford, they have embedded themselves in the local community better than we have, despite decades of struggle - maybe because there's less turnover of residents than in a more central place like Shepherds Bush. You'd hardly know there was a football team in W12 other than a match day, that's not the case in South Ealing and Brentford.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024