Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Play Offs 09:52 - May 17 with 59326 viewsTomS

Surely the only team that can stop Brentford from getting promoted is Brentford. Looking at the form table, Wycombe have a better record in their final five matches than all of the other three clubs in the Play Offs, and they got relegated.

Momentum is everything in the Championship, can the serial chokers keep their composure this time around?
Play Offs on 19:17 - May 29 with 3605 viewsPaddyhoops

Got to feel sorry for the Premier leauge next season.
Brentford will probably be the best team they'll play all season!!
Play Offs on 19:30 - May 29 with 3517 viewsDannytheR

Play Offs on 19:17 - May 29 by Paddyhoops

A record breaking season of 38 consecutive moral victories...
Play Offs on 19:35 - May 29 with 3476 viewsStanisgod

To be fair ( sticks in throat) they were by far the best team in the play offs, albeit a bit of a weak other three teams this year.
Nice to get an early pen in both games and play 10 men for a while though ( throat cleared) 😁

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Play Offs on 21:25 - May 29 with 3045 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Play Offs on 19:17 - May 29 by Paddyhoops

They won't know what's hit them.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Play Offs on 22:22 - May 29 with 2921 viewsMyke

Well done to NewBee and Switching Code. I hope they enjoy their Premier League experience. Of much more importance however, is can we replicate their efforts next season?
Play Offs on 22:39 - May 29 with 2875 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Play Offs on 22:22 - May 29 by Myke

Well done to NewBee and Switching Code. I hope they enjoy their Premier League experience. Of much more importance however, is can we replicate their efforts next season?

Wouldn’t it be class to play them in the Prem year after next.
Play Offs on 22:43 - May 29 with 2865 viewsDorse

Play Offs on 22:39 - May 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

Long as we stuff Chelsea.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Play Offs on 23:00 - May 29 with 2826 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Play Offs on 22:39 - May 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

A mate of mine has a theory that you can't successfully have more than x5 London Clubs in the top division at any one time.

Next season there is Totsingham, Chelski, Arsenil, Wet Spam, Pal@rse and Bentfart. tW@tford arguably too.

QPR, Foolham and Millwall should be contenders for promotion so we need a few to head he other way.
[Post edited 29 May 2021 23:01]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Play Offs on 00:05 - May 30 with 2749 viewsSK_hoops

I live in Brentford. It's going to be horrific around here for a while.
Everyone knows they are all chasing Brentfordcelona on 00:32 - May 30 with 2710 viewsstrikerace

I predict Brentford, Liverpool, Man City, and ManU as the Champions league sides
Play Offs on 07:16 - May 30 with 2554 viewsCamberleyR

Play Offs on 23:00 - May 29 by CliveWilsonSaid

A mate of mine has a theory that you can't successfully have more than x5 London Clubs in the top division at any one time.

Next season there is Totsingham, Chelski, Arsenil, Wet Spam, Pal@rse and Bentfart. tW@tford arguably too.

QPR, Foolham and Millwall should be contenders for promotion so we need a few to head he other way.
[Post edited 29 May 2021 23:01]

Watford isn't and never has been in London and they are not a London club.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Play Offs on 11:04 - May 30 with 2341 viewsswitchingcode

Play Offs on 22:22 - May 29 by Myke

Thanks 👍What a day there’s no enjoyment until about the 85th minute even against ten men although Swansea never turned up a bit like us in last seasons final.We are nowhere near the team of last season as far as easy on the eye football but the since losing 3 on the trot back in Feb Coventry Barnsley and you we have lost 1 match and that to Norwich.Thomas Frank has been without Da Silva Henry and Norguaard for most of this period so full credit to him.
The reality is if you want to be successful don’t moan about teams challenging every decision and rolling and screaming after every tackle and have a manager acting like a nutter on the touch line do the same and I’m afraid it works.
Clive called it months ago after you beat us and said we would go up and at least you can have some comfort of your last memories.Not sure what lies ahead other than getting this bucket load of money that can be spent very quickly in the PL.Think the Championship is going to be a very tough call next season and their are plenty of clubs who must fancy their chances including yourselves.Good luck hope we play each other again soon.
Play Offs on 11:13 - May 30 with 2306 viewsTacticalR

@CliveWilsonSaid: 'A mate of mine has a theory that you can't successfully have more than x5 London Clubs in the top division at any one time.

Next season there is Totsingham, Chelski, Arsenil, Wet Spam, Pal@rse and Bentfart.'

A sign of the times and an indication of the importance of London in the contemporary economy.

In 1900 there wasn't a single team from London in the top division:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1900%E2%80%9301_Football_League

Air hostess clique

Play Offs on 11:28 - May 30 with 2273 views81A

Play Offs on 11:13 - May 30 by TacticalR

@CliveWilsonSaid: 'A mate of mine has a theory that you can't successfully have more than x5 London Clubs in the top division at any one time.

Next season there is Totsingham, Chelski, Arsenil, Wet Spam, Pal@rse and Bentfart.'

A sign of the times and an indication of the importance of London in the contemporary economy.

In 1900 there wasn't a single team from London in the top division:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1900%E2%80%9301_Football_League

Hadn't realised that TacticalR. Having looked it up I see Grimsby Town and Small Heath were promoted to Div 1 for the following season. Loughborough and Luton (ROFL) fell out of the league.
Spuds won the FA Cup in 1900/01 as a non-league team (well, the year did end in '1' !)
Crazy Days.
Play Offs on 11:29 - May 30 with 2270 viewsKonk

Play Offs on 11:04 - May 30 by switchingcode

Thanks 👍What a day there’s no enjoyment until about the 85th minute even against ten men although Swansea never turned up a bit like us in last seasons final.We are nowhere near the team of last season as far as easy on the eye football but the since losing 3 on the trot back in Feb Coventry Barnsley and you we have lost 1 match and that to Norwich.Thomas Frank has been without Da Silva Henry and Norguaard for most of this period so full credit to him.
The reality is if you want to be successful don’t moan about teams challenging every decision and rolling and screaming after every tackle and have a manager acting like a nutter on the touch line do the same and I’m afraid it works.
Clive called it months ago after you beat us and said we would go up and at least you can have some comfort of your last memories.Not sure what lies ahead other than getting this bucket load of money that can be spent very quickly in the PL.Think the Championship is going to be a very tough call next season and their are plenty of clubs who must fancy their chances including yourselves.Good luck hope we play each other again soon.

Your best bet is to get someone in to run things who knows the Premier League. Someone who has put together squads that can prosper in the PL after going-up via the play-offs. Someone like our DOF, Tony Khan AKA ‘The Forbidden Door’. Yes, our DOF calls himself ‘The Forbidden Door’. Magic.

I hope you had a great day, Switchingcode. Obviously I want you to come straight down, but I’m sure you’ll make a better fist of it than we have on our last two fleeting visits! Not a lot that can be said other than it’s a well deserved promotion after years of well-managed progress. I hope you enjoy the experience.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Play Offs on 11:50 - May 30 with 2212 viewsthemodfather

always find a positive, they will likely get dicked a lot next season, sell their best and come down with a few quid.
Play Offs on 11:53 - May 30 with 2196 viewsdenhamhoop2

Play Offs on 11:29 - May 30 by Konk

Your best bet is to get someone in to run things who knows the Premier League. Someone who has put together squads that can prosper in the PL after going-up via the play-offs. Someone like our DOF, Tony Khan AKA ‘The Forbidden Door’. Yes, our DOF calls himself ‘The Forbidden Door’. Magic.

I hope you had a great day, Switchingcode. Obviously I want you to come straight down, but I’m sure you’ll make a better fist of it than we have on our last two fleeting visits! Not a lot that can be said other than it’s a well deserved promotion after years of well-managed progress. I hope you enjoy the experience.

I bet it was a tough interview process but Tony was the clear and obvious best candidate as Shanna and Ann being given the job would have smacked of nepotism.
Play Offs on 12:34 - May 30 with 2139 viewsOldPedro

Play Offs on 11:04 - May 30 by switchingcode

"The reality is if you want to be successful don’t moan about teams challenging every decision and rolling and screaming after every tackle and have a manager acting like a nutter on the touch line do the same and I’m afraid it works. "

And therein lies the problem with modern football and why I don't really watch it much apart from QPR games. Many games seem to be decided on who is best at cheating and when I see kids copying the behavior of the professionals, it makes me sad.

Anyway, congrats SC on the promotion - hope you enjoy it

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Play Offs on 12:42 - May 30 with 2107 viewsloftboy

Play Offs on 07:16 - May 30 by CamberleyR

Watford isn't and never has been in London and they are not a London club.

But we are the closest team to them as the crow flies

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Play Offs on 13:50 - May 30 with 1984 viewspaulparker

Play Offs on 11:29 - May 30 by Konk

WTF have I just watched ????

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Play Offs on 13:54 - May 30 with 1974 viewsswitchingcode

Play Offs on 12:34 - May 30 by OldPedro

"The reality is if you want to be successful don’t moan about teams challenging every decision and rolling and screaming after every tackle and have a manager acting like a nutter on the touch line do the same and I’m afraid it works. "

And therein lies the problem with modern football and why I don't really watch it much apart from QPR games. Many games seem to be decided on who is best at cheating and when I see kids copying the behavior of the professionals, it makes me sad.

Anyway, congrats SC on the promotion - hope you enjoy it

Yes that is the sad reality of modern day football even the England captain cheats but will be bought
For 100 mill + in the summer.
Play Offs on 14:31 - May 30 with 1904 viewsBoston

Play Offs on 12:42 - May 30 by loftboy

But we are the closest team to them as the crow flies

What was the name of your geography teacher?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Play Offs on 14:31 - May 30 with 1903 viewsterryb

Congratulations switchingcode.

I hope you enjoy next season & that your club does more than just survive.

I also think that your victory has increased the chances of Rangers competeing at the top end of The Championship.
Play Offs on 14:33 - May 30 with 1900 viewsPinnerPaul

Play Offs on 16:32 - May 29 by Antti_Heinola

can see why he gave it tbf, but it was wrong. looked like he just launched into him.

2 key points for me, look just before the 'challenge' he actually looks away from the ball to see where Brentford player is and although its the first contact that is the foul, he actually then continues with a 2 footed challenge as well!

Red all day long for me.

Swansea GK could have been sent off as well, but at this level refs seem to use a very wide definition of "genuine attempt for the ball" !
[Post edited 30 May 2021 14:38]
Play Offs on 14:39 - May 30 with 1878 viewsfrancisbowles

Good luck Switchingcode and if it is horrible feel free to switch your allegiance. Lol

Seriously though, I hope you continue to have an input on here, most of us believe you are always welcome.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024