Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Play Offs 09:52 - May 17 with 56522 viewsTomS

Surely the only team that can stop Brentford from getting promoted is Brentford. Looking at the form table, Wycombe have a better record in their final five matches than all of the other three clubs in the Play Offs, and they got relegated.

Momentum is everything in the Championship, can the serial chokers keep their composure this time around?
Play Offs on 12:07 - May 25 with 3291 viewsW7Ranger

Play Offs on 14:26 - May 22 by Wegerles_Stairs

A Ryan Manning winner at Wembley would be the best justification of our development policy.

I think a Bidwell winner would go down better.
Play Offs on 12:32 - May 25 with 3204 viewsTheChef

I really don't know why they're playing the final, surely based on xG Brentford are already promoted and will be the best team any Premier League club play all season?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Play Offs on 12:33 - May 25 with 3208 viewsrsonist

Bad omens.

Play Offs on 17:24 - May 25 with 2944 viewsMick_S

Play Offs on 08:09 - May 25 by distortR

i don't think the "avoid Hounslow at all costs" advice is covid related

Boroughist, that is.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Play Offs on 18:38 - May 25 with 2835 viewsthemodfather

poor bees and swans, only getting 4000 each, that was their crowd support for decades before they got new grounds and won a few games
Play Offs on 22:40 - May 25 with 2622 viewsGloryHunter

Brentford residents advised not to attend play-off final:
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/brentford-fc-playoff-final-wembley-tra
Play Offs on 10:24 - May 29 with 2222 viewsKonk

If Brentford were any other well-run club that hadn’t played in the top division in most fans lifetimes, were owned by a fan, balanced the books and played good football, then I would be wanting them to win today. But there’s no getting away from the fact that Brentford are Brentford. So obviously I’m hoping Swansea win today - preferably via a spawny last minute winner in Extra-time after Brentford have battered them all game. And if that happens, I hope the cameras pan-in on the dic khead Brentford/Man Utd fan who used to sit behind me at work and sing “Bees-up, Fulham down” all day, the dopey cu nt. And I hope he’s looking very sad in his silly professional cyclist sunglasses.

If Brentford do go up, then club rivalries aside, it’ll be a fair reward for all those Brentford fans such as switchingcode - and like most of us - who keep turning-up, year-after-year, hoping for the odd promotion or Wembley appearance every now and then. There’s a lot to hate about the Premier League, but it’s still good to experience.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Play Offs on 10:32 - May 29 with 2204 viewsBazzeR

Canos looks a value bet at 14/5 to get carded.

I went for Swansea to win penalty shoot out at 10/1
Login to get fewer ads

Play Offs on 11:07 - May 29 with 2122 viewsrsonist

Play Offs on 10:32 - May 29 by BazzeR

Canos looks a value bet at 14/5 to get carded.

I went for Swansea to win penalty shoot out at 10/1

The real playoff is whether he thinks Welsh cnts are more or less ugly than English cnts.
Play Offs on 12:00 - May 29 with 2039 viewsjoe90

Got a feeling it's going to be Brentford's day...to be fair its been a long time coming.

The thing that bothers me is that we wo t hear the end of it. There'll be loads of crappy articles in the Guardian about them all the neutrals banging on about what good football they play and how it'll be nice to have them in the PL etc etc etc
Play Offs on 12:13 - May 29 with 1995 viewshantssi

Play Offs on 10:24 - May 29 by Konk

If Brentford were any other well-run club that hadn’t played in the top division in most fans lifetimes, were owned by a fan, balanced the books and played good football, then I would be wanting them to win today. But there’s no getting away from the fact that Brentford are Brentford. So obviously I’m hoping Swansea win today - preferably via a spawny last minute winner in Extra-time after Brentford have battered them all game. And if that happens, I hope the cameras pan-in on the dic khead Brentford/Man Utd fan who used to sit behind me at work and sing “Bees-up, Fulham down” all day, the dopey cu nt. And I hope he’s looking very sad in his silly professional cyclist sunglasses.

If Brentford do go up, then club rivalries aside, it’ll be a fair reward for all those Brentford fans such as switchingcode - and like most of us - who keep turning-up, year-after-year, hoping for the odd promotion or Wembley appearance every now and then. There’s a lot to hate about the Premier League, but it’s still good to experience.

Konk, you mean pretty much what we did to Derby then?!😜
Play Offs on 13:55 - May 29 with 1865 viewsterryb

I'm completely split on this one!

I don't want Brentford to win for all the reasons (or similar) that you detail plus another.

Since lockdown started I've formed an online Bridge friendship with a pair from Swansea, one of whom, Chris, is a long lime st holder. Chris was at the Liberty stadium for the Barnsley game, but last Monday he was still waiting to hear if he had a ticket for today. I would love him to be still celebrating & hungover when I play against him this week!

HOWEVER, Brentford supporters like switchingcode, deserve to be able to watch their club be promoted. More importantly, from a Rangers viewpoint, Brentford are more likely to cause problems next season than Swansea would.

If we are to be in contention in '21/22 then I'm in favour fo Brentford winning. If we're not, then come on Swansea! Can't we postpone this game until we know how the transfer window has gone for us?
Play Offs on 14:35 - May 29 with 1770 viewsParkRoyalR

100% with you on this,

Use to go to Griffin Park occasionally with school-friend Bee in early 80's, no-one is more deserving of a go at the Premier League than there 5-6k hardcore who's loyalty is almost unmatched given lack of success, the 9-10k who actually travelled the 2 hours down the M4 for a play-off final, who actually know what Project 10,000 was!

As for the new-bees, the disillusioned glory hunting Arsenal and United fans, you know they'll be back to their own club as soon as they start winning trophies again, which with those two managers, could be quite some time.
Play Offs on 14:52 - May 29 with 1697 viewsTGRRRSSS

I'm thinking 2-1 Swansea.......

You never know though.
Play Offs on 14:54 - May 29 with 1691 viewsBostonR

This will be my happiest day of the year if Brentford and Chelsea both lose today. Last minute winners for Swansea and Man City should do it.
Play Offs on 15:01 - May 29 with 1664 viewsStanisgod

Hinchcliffe creaming over Toney already 🤮🤮🤮
[Post edited 29 May 2021 15:12]

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Play Offs on 15:07 - May 29 with 1617 viewskropotkin41

Oddest thing I just read: Apparently no team has ever won a play off final wearing red and white stripes with black shorts! 16 attempts.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Play Offs on 15:07 - May 29 with 1613 viewsTGRRRSSS

Hate to say it but incredibly lucky that wasnt a red there for Swansea
Play Offs on 15:10 - May 29 with 1591 viewsTGRRRSSS

Brentford Penalty.
Play Offs on 15:10 - May 29 with 1591 viewsaston_hoop

Pen for the Bus Stop

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Play Offs on 15:11 - May 29 with 1581 viewsTGRRRSSS

1-0 Toney

Why do they roll around like they've been shot after everything though Brentford.

Fckng hate it.
Play Offs on 15:12 - May 29 with 1571 viewsaston_hoop

Stick Toney in the England squad for the Euros and bring him on if a game goes to pens.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Play Offs on 15:12 - May 29 with 1568 viewsMick_S

I think the Swansea keeper cuts his own hair.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Play Offs on 15:14 - May 29 with 1551 viewsTGRRRSSS

again with the screaming and howling and rolling about.
Play Offs on 15:20 - May 29 with 1467 viewsTGRRRSSS

bugger
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024