Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread 13:22 - Jul 6 with 24769 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Danes hate to see it leave.

Narrow win against a energetic Denmark that we quietly manage out the game after taking the lead.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2021 13:34]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 16:01 - Jul 8 with 1542 viewsPinnerPaul

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:07 - Jul 7 by Sharpy36

When the penalty was awarded was that another ball on the pitch ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/57758391
[Post edited 7 Jul 2021 23:10]

Yep, but didn't interfere with play, so game doesn't have to be stopped.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 16:11 - Jul 8 with 1514 viewsPinnerPaul

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 10:06 - Jul 8 by GloryHunter

It took Matterface & Dixon until the 119th minute to realise (or to tell us) that Denmark had been playing since half-time et with only 10 men.

or as he put it " 9 , I mean 10, that's 9 outfield players"
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 16:15 - Jul 8 with 1496 viewsflynnbo

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 14:43 - Jul 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

Cold War Steve is outdoing himself recently.

I struggle to find Cilla though!!
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 16:18 - Jul 8 with 1485 viewsPinnerPaul

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 10:39 - Jul 8 by daveB

Oh god yeah, they were awful last night

You know I said I couldn't stand the England 'hype' before the tournament?

This from SM before extra time is what I meant "The next half hour will change your life"

I quite like him, but towards the end, he was coming out with some absolute drivel last night.

On a wider note, always make me laugh when people lambast Sky (Subscription service), ITV (The adverts) and the BBC spending tax payers money (public service broadcasting).

My old salary and yours have to be paid somehow!

Seriously folks, TV has to be funded one of those 3 ways!
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 16:44 - Jul 8 with 1422 viewsTW_R

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 16:18 - Jul 8 by PinnerPaul

This from SM before extra time is what I meant "The next half hour will change your life"

I quite like him, but towards the end, he was coming out with some absolute drivel last night.

On a wider note, always make me laugh when people lambast Sky (Subscription service), ITV (The adverts) and the BBC spending tax payers money (public service broadcasting).

The BBC is being funded by all three of those ways.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 16:49 - Jul 8 with 1405 views80s_Boy

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 16:18 - Jul 8 by PinnerPaul

"This from SM before extra time is what I meant "The next half hour will change your life""

Sadly football commentary and punditry has been on a downward spiral for a number of years and, like many things in life, has been affected by a clear dumbing down.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 16:54 - Jul 8 with 1384 viewsPinnerPaul

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 16:44 - Jul 8 by TW_R

The BBC is being funded by all three of those ways.

They DO have adverts in their magazines and other spin offs for which they charge, but their main TV and radio services are advert free and free to air.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 16:56 - Jul 8 with 1383 viewsMick_S

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 15:53 - Jul 8 by BazzeR

Pickford took the 5th penalty in the recent shoot out in Nations league game with Switzerland.

My nominees would be Kane,Mount,Foden,Trippier and Shaw.

Trippier couldn’t watch Kane’s penalty yesterday. Gulp.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Login to get fewer ads

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 16:58 - Jul 8 with 1370 viewsMick_S

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 12:13 - Jul 8 by danehoop

To be honest I am also a little concerned by security arrangements which allowed fireworks (explosive devices!) into the ground.

My son told me he’s lost count of people he knows that have simply walked into Wembley without a ticket and got to see the match.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 17:03 - Jul 8 with 1350 viewsBoston

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 16:58 - Jul 8 by Mick_S

My son told me he’s lost count of people he knows that have simply walked into Wembley without a ticket and got to see the match.

Dunno about the ‘new Wembley’, but shit loads got in for nothing or a bribe at the old twin towers.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 17:05 - Jul 8 with 1340 viewsBrianMcCarthy

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 17:03 - Jul 8 by Boston

Dunno about the ‘new Wembley’, but shit loads got in for nothing or a bribe at the old twin towers.

As a teenager, I lived nearby and we regularly walked or sneaked in, maybe a fiver cash, maybe not.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 17:07 - Jul 8 with 1329 viewsBoston

….and, have been brow beaten, by my Italian chum,into accepting a $100 bet on the game.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 17:27 - Jul 8 with 1280 viewsPhilmyRs

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 15:35 - Jul 8 by daveB

depends who is on at the end but you'd think Kane, Sterling, Stones, Rice and Mount but if it goes to pens would imagine Grealish, Foden and possibly Trippier will also be on

Yep, depends whose around. Mount is a quality penalty taker but he's the logical change for Foden, Grealish for Saka seems to be standard and there's a reluctance to involve some of the others. Think if it was seeming like a penalty shootout was inevitable, we'd see Rashford (a quality penalty taker) and Trippier (taken one before), possibly DCL come off the bench. Kane, Rashford, Trippier, Foden/DCL, Sterling. Got to say, I'd be a bit worried if it went to pens based on that.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2021 17:27]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 17:29 - Jul 8 with 1273 viewsCiderwithRsie

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 10:48 - Jul 8 by ted_hendrix

Dreadful commentary from these two, why do they have to make unfunny little quips whilst commenting? "shut the f uck up you c unt"

Should bring the superb Barry Davies out of retirement for Sunday's final, he was the Master.

People used total the piss out of John Motson but honestly listening to any of this lot makes you realise how good he and Brian Moore were. I genuinely don't see the point of anything they say.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 17:34 - Jul 8 with 1244 viewsBlackCrowe

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 16:54 - Jul 8 by PinnerPaul

They DO have adverts in their magazines and other spin offs for which they charge, but their main TV and radio services are advert free and free to air.

BBC sells overseas broadcast rights for it's content a small fortune. Content that has been funded for by the licence fee payer, and Beeb keeps the lot.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 17:43 - Jul 8 with 1215 viewsPinnerPaul

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 17:34 - Jul 8 by BlackCrowe

BBC sells overseas broadcast rights for it's content a small fortune. Content that has been funded for by the licence fee payer, and Beeb keeps the lot.

Yes but that isn't on air advertising or Pay TV.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 17:45 - Jul 8 with 1212 viewsJuzzie

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 16:58 - Jul 8 by Mick_S

Right, that's it.... mass LFW bundle into Wembley on Sunday!
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 17:53 - Jul 8 with 1190 viewsRanger_Things

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 14:43 - Jul 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

Cold War Steve is outdoing himself recently.

Yeah, he's properly on form. Mind you these days he has an unlimited amount of material to work with...
A while back there was a documentary about him that I've been meaning to watch, Sky Arts I think. Have you seen it?
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 18:00 - Jul 8 with 1176 viewsdaveB

The money they get is reinvested into making programmes
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 18:08 - Jul 8 with 1166 viewsTW_R

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 16:54 - Jul 8 by PinnerPaul

If you use the BBC website abroad it has ads all over it. They have also set up a subscription streaming service with ITV called Britbox. So not only have we funded the making of these programs, we now have to pay again to watch some them.

Sorry to be pedantic, but the main TV is not "advert free". It may not be revenue generating, but between every bloody program they advertise their own content. Sometimes other programs, sometimes radio stations, sometimes streaming services. Sometimes all 3 in the same gap. If you watch the news in the morning, every 30 minutes they cut to a number of "ads" for various programs etc. They also do it during live programs - new Dr Who coming out - let's talk about it for days on Breakfast, bring in some actors, invite them to the One show, Graham Norton etc etc. Great - new Line of Duty series in 2 months - let's talk about that incessantly. It's clever as people don't see it as advertising, but that's exactly what it is.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 18:13 - Jul 8 with 1150 viewsslmrstid

Surely to counter this you can say if the BBC didn't sell its content for a small fortune the TV licence would cost more...them selling the content keeps the licence at the, lets face it, dirt cheap price that it is.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 18:29 - Jul 8 with 1105 viewsMyke

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 10:03 - Jul 8 by Konk

This explanation of the Grealish substitution and switching to 3-4-3, makes sense to me:

“We felt that we know the way Denmark have gone when they’ve been behind,” Southgate said. “They’ve gone with 4-2-4 basically. We needed to keep pressure up front but have numbers to deal with the balls into the box. We made that decision, not an easy one, but Jack understood it. At the end he said: ‘Gaffer, not really bothered, we’re into the final.’”

Hadn't heard that Konk Cheers. One thing that England have in spades this campaign is togetherness and Southgate deserves huge credit for that
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 18:35 - Jul 8 with 1094 viewsBoston

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 17:45 - Jul 8 by Juzzie

Right, that's it.... mass LFW bundle into Wembley on Sunday!

er…’steaming’ would have been the street technical terminology in my day.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 18:42 - Jul 8 with 1077 viewsBoston

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 17:29 - Jul 8 by CiderwithRsie

People used total the piss out of John Motson but honestly listening to any of this lot makes you realise how good he and Brian Moore were. I genuinely don't see the point of anything they say.

Brian ‘king of the commentators’ Moore, died the same day England defeated Germany 5-1. He was by far and away my favourite football talking head.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 18:58 - Jul 8 with 1050 views80s_Boy

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 18:42 - Jul 8 by Boston

Brian ‘king of the commentators’ Moore, died the same day England defeated Germany 5-1. He was by far and away my favourite football talking head.

Love watching the Big Match Replayed on ITV4
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024