Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread 13:22 - Jul 6 with 24768 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Danes hate to see it leave.

Narrow win against a energetic Denmark that we quietly manage out the game after taking the lead.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2021 13:34]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:09 - Jul 7 with 1681 views80s_Boy

I'm 43 and I honestly thought I'd be dead the next time England made a final...

Not going to lie, there were a few tears here tonight!

Part of me doesn't care what happens on Sunday now because what this team have done has created memories which will last for the rest of my life.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:11 - Jul 7 with 1665 viewsRangersw12

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:01 - Jul 7 by essextaxiboy

Even if we do ,we have done it by conning the Ref .It takes the shine off IMO

Doesn't take anything away from it at all

Kane should of had a pen and the Danes free kick for there goal was never a free kick in the first place

Juat got to a major final in 55 years enjoy it FFS
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:14 - Jul 7 with 1621 viewsBoston

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:07 - Jul 7 by Sharpy36

When the penalty was awarded was that another ball on the pitch ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/57758391
[Post edited 7 Jul 2021 23:10]

Nah, wasn’t one high tackle the whole game.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:14 - Jul 7 with 1613 viewsqpr1976

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:02 - Jul 7 by Myke

Congrats to England. Much the better team for the second half and up until the goal. Think Southgate made an error by switching to a back five for the final 15 minutes , making it unnecessarily nervy. If they had continued to bomb forward they would have got 1 or even 2 more as Denmark were spent.
As for the 'pen' I thought that was the whole reason why VAR was introduced into the game in the first place; to spot inaccurate decisions like that, not to decide if somebody's big toe was offside. If it can't get the big decisions right, it might as well be scrapped.

To be fair, I think Var has been exemplary in the Euros, much like the last World Cup.
Hardly any controversy, and even for this penalty there was enough evidence to overturn the Refs decision. Be it the 1st, 2nd or 3rd potential contact. As mentioned above, it looked stone wall in normal play, so before Car, it would have been a pen.

Just goes to show what a screw up our arrogant FA have made of implenting and managing Var though. Never hear complaints or controversy from Italy, Spain, Germany, France, Holland, etc. and they all had it long before us….!
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:15 - Jul 7 with 1607 viewsJuzzie

It’s not just about the ref anymore. The ref made the right call in real time and the VAR gave it and the VAR has been very good in this tournament.

Schmeichel pulled off three or four very goods saves. Had more more work to do than Pickford.

I thought overall we edged it. 20 shots on goal, 10 on target (6 and 3 for them). That’s good, pretty damn good.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2021 23:20]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:16 - Jul 7 with 1591 viewsdavman

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 21:27 - Jul 7 by CamberleyR

Mount, and this is not just who he plays for, but I'm sorry I just don't see it. To me he's like the emperor's new clothes.

Agree. I've been accused as being one eyed with my view on him, but the game just passes him by constantly. No idea why he's in ahead of Foden, Grealish or Sancho.

Maybe it is a prejudice as I can't see how Reece James got a start ahead of Kyle Walker either.

And having to listen to bloody Ashley Cole and the densest pundit out there, Emma Hayes, maybe they're right...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:17 - Jul 7 with 1585 viewsessextaxiboy

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:11 - Jul 7 by Rangersw12

Doesn't take anything away from it at all

Kane should of had a pen and the Danes free kick for there goal was never a free kick in the first place

Juat got to a major final in 55 years enjoy it FFS

It doesnt work like that its not tit for tat . Stirling conned the Ref and that is cheating and is how we won the game . All those pundits pass it off by calling it "soft" but its cheating plain and simple even Stirlings defence of it was half hearted because he knows ..
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:20 - Jul 7 with 1564 viewsessextaxiboy

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:15 - Jul 7 by Juzzie

It’s not just about the ref anymore. The ref made the right call in real time and the VAR gave it and the VAR has been very good in this tournament.

Schmeichel pulled off three or four very goods saves. Had more more work to do than Pickford.

I thought overall we edged it. 20 shots on goal, 10 on target (6 and 3 for them). That’s good, pretty damn good.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2021 23:20]

If Derby had beaten us by obviously conning the ref into a pen would you be happy because they dominated the game ?
Login to get fewer ads

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:21 - Jul 7 with 1558 viewsMrSheen

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:09 - Jul 7 by denhamhoop2

Either him or Walker who has been positionally quite superb tonight defensively either way it's an Ex Ranger

Walker has been quietly brilliant all tournament, quick and solid.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:21 - Jul 7 with 1558 viewstraininvain

What a feeling. Never thought i’d see England in a major tournament final. Sterling (he’s one of our own!) was unreal tonight. Hands up, I wouldn’t have started him in the first game. Shows what I know.

Slightly surprised by some of the negativity. I’ve got mates moaning about the style of football. Jesus wept. We’ve not got to a final since 1966. Let’s walk before we run.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:23 - Jul 7 with 1538 viewsJuzzie

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:20 - Jul 7 by essextaxiboy

If Derby had beaten us by obviously conning the ref into a pen would you be happy because they dominated the game ?

I’m going to enjoy tonight, i’m not getting sucked into this. Night night.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:25 - Jul 7 with 1516 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:17 - Jul 7 by essextaxiboy

It doesnt work like that its not tit for tat . Stirling conned the Ref and that is cheating and is how we won the game . All those pundits pass it off by calling it "soft" but its cheating plain and simple even Stirlings defence of it was half hearted because he knows ..

I didn't think it was that bad. Conned the ref? Not for me.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:27 - Jul 7 with 1494 views80s_Boy

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:21 - Jul 7 by traininvain

What a feeling. Never thought i’d see England in a major tournament final. Sterling (he’s one of our own!) was unreal tonight. Hands up, I wouldn’t have started him in the first game. Shows what I know.

Slightly surprised by some of the negativity. I’ve got mates moaning about the style of football. Jesus wept. We’ve not got to a final since 1966. Let’s walk before we run.

Anyone talking about or moaning about the style of football needs to have a look at themselves...

We've just made the final of a major international tournament for the first time in 55 years. That is the ONLY thing that matters....

Have a beer, have a w@nk or shag the missus... Cheer up FFS!
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:33 - Jul 7 with 1459 viewsjoe90

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:21 - Jul 7 by traininvain

I can understand the criticism about the style of play after the Scotland game, but we're in the bloody final now! Southgate has obivously got it right. We haven't conceded a single goal from open play!!! The team have been immense. Shaw and Saka are two players nobody would have thought would have been so integral to our success. It's been a brilliant tournament for England full of surprise but deserved success from the team and invdividual players.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:34 - Jul 7 with 1451 viewsMalintabuk

Can not understand why some think we conned the ref or was lucky.... the pen could have gone either way if not given you could say there wasn't that much contact...... but there was contact and whether small or large it was given
For me we deserved it and great that we won and though I feel for Denmark I'm glad it was us and not them in the final
So we may have had the rub of the green on the penalty..... it happens. Like the Lampard goal against Germany and other decisions that have gone against us...... and other decisions that have gone for us....... this was one of the fors and I love it
You can't win anything without a little luck and hopefully that was ours tonight
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:36 - Jul 7 with 1440 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Fair play to England - you've topped the Russian linesman. Blatant dive, two balls on the pitch and a laser aimed at Schmeichel as the penalty was taken.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:37 - Jul 7 with 1429 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 00:02 - Jul 8 with 1305 viewsStanisgod

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 22:40 - Jul 7 by essextaxiboy

I would be gutted if I was Danish ..never a pen .

Makes up for the one on Kane that was then doesnt it.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 00:12 - Jul 8 with 1280 viewsStanisgod

Thats hilarious, he was crap all night, how he got given a semi final Ive no idea. First ref all tournament who wanted to be the star and blow for everything, and if you look at the free kick for their goal Walker is also having his shirt pulled off!

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 00:13 - Jul 8 with 1283 viewslightwaterhoop

Sorry for the Danes but so so pleased for the wonderful young English boys they did us proud.Thanks to each and everyone of them.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 00:14 - Jul 8 with 1270 viewsBoston

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:27 - Jul 7 by 80s_Boy

Anyone talking about or moaning about the style of football needs to have a look at themselves...

We've just made the final of a major international tournament for the first time in 55 years. That is the ONLY thing that matters....

Thanks for the offer, what's your wife's name, I like a girl to feel I care?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 00:20 - Jul 8 with 1252 viewsdaveB

How's the ITV curse going?
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 00:26 - Jul 8 with 1233 viewsozexile

Amazed at some of the comments on here.. Some of you could win 20 million on the lottery and spend the rest of your life moaning that it should have been 30 million. I'll leave you to it.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 00:26 - Jul 8 with 1229 viewsBoston

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:36 - Jul 7 by Wegerles_Stairs

Fair play to England - you've topped the Russian linesman. Blatant dive, two balls on the pitch and a laser aimed at Schmeichel as the penalty was taken.

Kerrikey...he didn't dive, no rolling around in agony or holding the head trying to scratch himself so blood would be running down his face...he just got a 50/50 decision. He was highly unlikely to score or produce a useful pass in that position and the Danes will sit in the dressing room knowing they blundered a penalty from err nothing.

What laser?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 00:33 - Jul 8 with 1196 viewsNortholt_Rs

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:27 - Jul 7 by 80s_Boy

THIS…. Fantastic night. I’m ecstatic. Fair play to Southgate and the whole team. Thought Denmark were the best side we have played so far. Delighted to come back from being 1-0 down - players showed some real bottle and YES WE ARE IN A BLOODY FINAL FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFETIME!!!! JUST IMMENSE!!!!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024