Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread 13:22 - Jul 6 with 24088 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Danes hate to see it leave.

Narrow win against a energetic Denmark that we quietly manage out the game after taking the lead.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2021 13:34]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 11:15 - Jul 8 with 1704 viewsthemodfather

denmark spent the game going down easy, rolling around in pain, holding their faces etc they moan about our penalty? well you wouldn't expect them to say yeah it was contact, have it......their number 20, poulsen? came on and fouled endlessly and was not booked or spoken to. did denmark do enough to win? no, england were the better side, kaspar was the busier and were not lucky. did we puch a ball in the net? did they put the ball over line and it not given? did we drag their man down on goal and no red card? no, no and no, we won. FINAL it is.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 11:25 - Jul 8 with 1682 viewsKonk

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 10:52 - Jul 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Really thrilled for you, Dave. After years of really disliking many of the English team while also wanting my English-supporting friends to be happy it's great to like the team as well. I'm looking forward to teh Final already.

England were far superior, but that doesn't mean the peno call wasn't complete nonsense. And I thought VAR should have overturned it. It was rough justice on Denmark who were at 1-1 thanks to excellent defending and superb goalkeeping.

I think England would probably have gone on to win anyway as they were creating multiple chances at that stage and Denmark looked really tired.

Either way, the decision is done and you should all forget about it and bask in the next few days. I envy you all, and am very happy for you.

“Either way, the decision is done and you should all forget about it and bask in the next few days.”

I spoke with my eldest brother today, and had to laugh as he “can’t believe” the way people are moaning about the penalty - when any mention of Maradona still sends him on a rant, 35 years on, and he still insists that Arsenal are a South London club that play in North London!

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 11:37 - Jul 8 with 1626 viewswillis1980

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 10:57 - Jul 8 by peterlund_dk

Small world, Willis. I live in Sonderborg.

Ha, thats amazing. We used to eat at the chinese right by the harbour a lot.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 11:41 - Jul 8 with 1611 viewsJuzzie

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 11:14 - Jul 8 by BazzeR

If Southgate picks a similar side for the final who would be the nominated pen takers for a shoot out?

I would be worried if Pickford was selected.

Pickford has been great all tournament but looked a little 'off' last night. Let's hope that's his wobble out of the way and he can back to his best on Sunday.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 11:48 - Jul 8 with 1588 viewsTheChef

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 11:41 - Jul 8 by Juzzie

Pickford has been great all tournament but looked a little 'off' last night. Let's hope that's his wobble out of the way and he can back to his best on Sunday.

Yes - reminded me a little of Joe Hart last night, seemed overwrought all game.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 11:49 - Jul 8 with 1585 viewssprocket

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 11:41 - Jul 8 by Juzzie

Pickford looks poor to me. Does not command his very box well. Does not claim crosses with authority. Poor distribution last night. Denmark would most likely have won if it had gone to penalties.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 12:00 - Jul 8 with 1543 viewsMick_S

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 11:49 - Jul 8 by sprocket

Pickford looks poor to me. Does not command his very box well. Does not claim crosses with authority. Poor distribution last night. Denmark would most likely have won if it had gone to penalties.

Probably.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 12:08 - Jul 8 with 1517 views80s_Boy

England charged for laser incident...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57763001

Would love to see them sue the idiot(s) responsible.
Login to get fewer ads

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 12:13 - Jul 8 with 1496 viewsdanehoop

To be honest I am also a little concerned by security arrangements which allowed fireworks (explosive devices!) into the ground.

Never knowingly understood

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 12:17 - Jul 8 with 1477 viewsPhilmyRs

Wasn’t a pen for me either and one that probably warranted overturning although this tournament we’ve seen VAR doesn’t overrule the on-field decisions unless an obvious error has taken place. This was borderline and I think on balance should have been overturned but the referee needs to take most of the flack rather than those reviewing via the monitor. Zooming in, there is some contact on Sterling from one of the Dane’s so the VAR would have felt under pressure to overrule the ref but the ref shouldn’t have blown for it in the first place. I also thought the Denmark goal and the foul that led to it was particularly harsh, both players arms wrapped around each other. Overall I thought the refereeing was average at best for such a big game which thankfully has been quite rare for this tournament where the standard of officiating has been first class.

England’s strength in depth told. Even without the generous penalty award, we were knocking at the door and with 10 men on the field for the final 15 and legs severely tired on the Danes side, I couldn’t see Denmark holding on till penalties.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2021 12:18]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 12:19 - Jul 8 with 1469 viewsed_83

Oh boy, what a match that was: hugely enjoyable and extremely tense, with two talented, hard-working, tactically astute and likeable teams.

England absolutely deserved to win - loved seeing them come back from 1-0 down and managing the game so calmly, particularly after going ahead. I thought it was a stonewall penalty in real time, but from the replays it was clearly very soft: I feel like the ref made the right decision on balance, given that the defenders do make contact with Sterling and don't get the ball, but it was very very tight.

I thought Denmark were superb, even if England were that little bit better: well-organised at the back, extremely slick and inventive going forward, Schmeichel was the best player on the pitch and made me very scared about the prospect of penalties. It just felt like the emotional impact of everything they've been through, and the physical pressures of back-to-back extra time, meant they ran out of steam. They're going to be a serious force in the World Cup though.

Can't wait for the final, it's going to be an incredible experience regardless of the result - I suspect that Italy will be a step too far for this England team, but who knows.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 12:34 - Jul 8 with 1432 viewsRangersw12

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 12:19 - Jul 8 by ed_83

Oh boy, what a match that was: hugely enjoyable and extremely tense, with two talented, hard-working, tactically astute and likeable teams.

England absolutely deserved to win - loved seeing them come back from 1-0 down and managing the game so calmly, particularly after going ahead. I thought it was a stonewall penalty in real time, but from the replays it was clearly very soft: I feel like the ref made the right decision on balance, given that the defenders do make contact with Sterling and don't get the ball, but it was very very tight.

I thought Denmark were superb, even if England were that little bit better: well-organised at the back, extremely slick and inventive going forward, Schmeichel was the best player on the pitch and made me very scared about the prospect of penalties. It just felt like the emotional impact of everything they've been through, and the physical pressures of back-to-back extra time, meant they ran out of steam. They're going to be a serious force in the World Cup though.

Can't wait for the final, it's going to be an incredible experience regardless of the result - I suspect that Italy will be a step too far for this England team, but who knows.

Serious force in the World Cup ?

They lost 3 games out of 6 in this tournament.

They were playing for pens the moment we equalised and frankly it wouldn't of flattered us if we hammered them by 3 or 4 goals .
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 12:35 - Jul 8 with 1429 viewskensalriser

Incredible how Schmeichel has developed after looking like a fair to middling Championship keeper earlier in his career.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 12:47 - Jul 8 with 1405 viewssprocket

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 12:35 - Jul 8 by kensalriser

Incredible how Schmeichel has developed after looking like a fair to middling Championship keeper earlier in his career.

Schmeichel could play for any big side in the world and not be out of place. At 34 his chance might be gone though but he's had a fantastic career.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 13:12 - Jul 8 with 1345 viewsed_83

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 12:34 - Jul 8 by Rangersw12

Serious force in the World Cup ?

They lost 3 games out of 6 in this tournament.

They were playing for pens the moment we equalised and frankly it wouldn't of flattered us if we hammered them by 3 or 4 goals .

I don't necessarily think they'll win it, but I reckon they'll do well. Their three losses came in a match in which their star player very nearly died, against the number 1 ranked team in the world, and against us, i.e. World Cup semifinalists playing at home. They beat 2 very decent teams in Wales & the Czech Republic, and they've got a decent balance of experienced pros and seriously talented young players who'll benefit massively from the experience of reaching the semis, just as our squad have.

We could or should have scored more in extra time, but by that point Denmark were completely shot. They've had an incredibly intense emotional journey through this tournament, were playing their second extra time in a row, and were down to 10 men for the last 15 minutes. I thought they were seriously impressive in the first half, the best team we've played this tournament by a mile, and would give anyone a serious game when at full strength.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 13:23 - Jul 8 with 1326 viewsRanger_Things

Shout out to Bazza.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRDuqr4D5Qm/?utm_medium=copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/CREDvVWnjZG/?utm_medium=copy_link
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 14:43 - Jul 8 with 1179 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 13:23 - Jul 8 by Ranger_Things

Shout out to Bazza.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRDuqr4D5Qm/?utm_medium=copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/CREDvVWnjZG/?utm_medium=copy_link

Cold War Steve is outdoing himself recently.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 15:23 - Jul 8 with 1123 viewsTW_R

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:17 - Jul 7 by essextaxiboy

It doesnt work like that its not tit for tat . Stirling conned the Ref and that is cheating and is how we won the game . All those pundits pass it off by calling it "soft" but its cheating plain and simple even Stirlings defence of it was half hearted because he knows ..

I thought the Denmark freekick that led to their goal was "soft" too. You don't fall over when being held by the shirt or arm around the waist, unless you are looking for a freekick and to con the ref. There was plenty of grappling and shirt pulling - you can clearly see Walker being held back by a shirt-pull at the same time. Funny how no one is talking about why Christensen dived to the ground because Shaw's arm is across him. That's cheating, plain and simple, too.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 15:25 - Jul 8 with 1120 viewsTW_R

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 23:36 - Jul 7 by Wegerles_Stairs

Fair play to England - you've topped the Russian linesman. Blatant dive, two balls on the pitch and a laser aimed at Schmeichel as the penalty was taken.

Are you suggesting England deliberately threw an extra ball onto the pitch? That makes sense. You know Schmeichel did save the penalty, right?
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 15:29 - Jul 8 with 1112 viewsfrancisbowles

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 15:25 - Jul 8 by TW_R

Are you suggesting England deliberately threw an extra ball onto the pitch? That makes sense. You know Schmeichel did save the penalty, right?

I don't think that Schmeichel was even aware of the laser. If he had been he surely would have complained to the ref.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 15:35 - Jul 8 with 1092 viewsdaveB

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 11:14 - Jul 8 by BazzeR

If Southgate picks a similar side for the final who would be the nominated pen takers for a shoot out?

I would be worried if Pickford was selected.

depends who is on at the end but you'd think Kane, Sterling, Stones, Rice and Mount but if it goes to pens would imagine Grealish, Foden and possibly Trippier will also be on
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 15:40 - Jul 8 with 1079 viewsfrancisbowles

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 15:35 - Jul 8 by daveB

depends who is on at the end but you'd think Kane, Sterling, Stones, Rice and Mount but if it goes to pens would imagine Grealish, Foden and possibly Trippier will also be on

Which English keeper (in the squad) is the best at saving penalties?
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 15:44 - Jul 8 with 1069 viewskensalriser

I'm confident Pickford won't be a penalty taker, at least not until it gets to 10-10

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 15:49 - Jul 8 with 1051 viewsTheChef

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 15:40 - Jul 8 by francisbowles

Which English keeper (in the squad) is the best at saving penalties?

Dave Beasant.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 15:53 - Jul 8 with 1037 viewsBazzeR

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 15:44 - Jul 8 by kensalriser

I'm confident Pickford won't be a penalty taker, at least not until it gets to 10-10

Pickford took the 5th penalty in the recent shoot out in Nations league game with Switzerland.

My nominees would be Kane,Mount,Foden,Trippier and Shaw.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024