Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Studds Bar 15:31 - Aug 14 with 4315 viewsThreeLions

Absolutely terrible! What happened. Soulless horrible space that used to be a supporters haven. Sorry must do a lot better. I won't be bothering again
Studds Bar on 15:58 - Aug 14 with 4187 viewsDaleFan7

Seems a lot use the Dale bar now. Packed before the game and at half time with decent atmosphere.
Studds Bar on 16:59 - Aug 14 with 4044 viewswozzrafc

On the list of problems the new board have to deal with I’m not sure that’s top of the pile. Need to give them a break given the shit show they inherited
Studds Bar on 17:39 - Aug 14 with 3894 viewsD_Alien

Nowt wrong with Studds once they've got the TV screens back and running (presume that's going to happen - not sure why they're not working right now). Looked to be new flooring and perhaps it's a work in progress

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Studds Bar on 17:46 - Aug 14 with 3863 viewsDale27

Dragons den is a really good addition for the kids, just needs the tv’s back and a few more tables and seats
Studds Bar on 13:44 - Aug 15 with 3189 viewsThreeLions

Studds Bar on 16:59 - Aug 14 by wozzrafc

On the list of problems the new board have to deal with I’m not sure that’s top of the pile. Need to give them a break given the shit show they inherited

Yes, absolutely. I was just disappointed with what used to be a great part of the match day experience. Just feels like sitting in a hospital waiting room now.
Studds Bar on 14:00 - Aug 15 with 3134 viewsboromat

Not been in for years but always was a bit dingy with poor lighting. Seemed quite a difficult place to get right.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Studds Bar on 14:08 - Aug 15 with 3099 viewsWill_RAFC

If Studds is no longer used as a function room (happy to be corrected), I think it would make much more sense for the full bar to be changed to a match day one. IE a much smaller choice of drinks, at the moment its a pub trying to serve all its customers in 10 minutes. If you don't miss the last 5 minutes of the first half, you don't get served well in to the half time break and by then I've given up before. I've never had a problem at away grounds where it's just one lager/cider/bitter option etc, as that allows one member of staff to get your drink whilst the other takes payment. It just takes too long to serve each customer in Studds but it's more the set up than the staff.
Studds Bar on 14:12 - Aug 15 with 3087 viewsEllDale

Stopped using it for obvious reasons when external access was prevented.
Was easier to get a pie from the relatively underused kiosk there and walk round to the Sandy with it.
Just use the Dale Bar now but I wonder how many these days use the Cemetery instead of Studds and walk onto to the ground 20 minutes before kickoff?
Login to get fewer ads

Studds Bar on 14:49 - Aug 15 with 2994 viewsD_Alien

Studds Bar on 14:12 - Aug 15 by EllDale

Stopped using it for obvious reasons when external access was prevented.
Was easier to get a pie from the relatively underused kiosk there and walk round to the Sandy with it.
Just use the Dale Bar now but I wonder how many these days use the Cemetery instead of Studds and walk onto to the ground 20 minutes before kickoff?

Just for a change, tried the Cem yesterday before heading to the Dale Bar pre-match

Won't be setting foot in the Cem again until they change their policy of adding 30p to any card payment below £10 (i.e. a couple of pints with a mate), quoting "lack of volume" in their business. And no wonder, with that sort of rubbish being spouted at customers

Places with much smaller volumes don't apply that type of anti-business practise. If you must, just add 5p to the price of a pint or summat instead of pissing people off

Hope this puts off others trying the place, until they change tack
[Post edited 15 Aug 2021 14:50]

Studds Bar on 15:05 - Aug 15 with 2932 viewsTVOS1907

Studds Bar on 14:49 - Aug 15 by D_Alien

Just for a change, tried the Cem yesterday before heading to the Dale Bar pre-match

Won't be setting foot in the Cem again until they change their policy of adding 30p to any card payment below £10 (i.e. a couple of pints with a mate), quoting "lack of volume" in their business. And no wonder, with that sort of rubbish being spouted at customers

Places with much smaller volumes don't apply that type of anti-business practise. If you must, just add 5p to the price of a pint or summat instead of pissing people off

Probably because you're not in the Cem Clique!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Studds Bar on 15:23 - Aug 15 with 2867 viewsD_Alien

Studds Bar on 15:05 - Aug 15 by TVOS1907

Probably because you're not in the Cem Clique!

Not been in for quite a while, they probably thought i was Scunny!

Studds Bar on 16:32 - Aug 15 with 2710 viewsrochedale

Just needed dimmer lighting. Reminded me of when the lights went on at 2am in Xanadu’s. Other than that it seemed decent and it was good too see new decoration and flooring.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Studds Bar on 16:39 - Aug 15 with 2697 viewsmightydale

I would of watch them pour then, then say sorry not paying the 30p to pay on card especially in this so called environment.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2021 16:46]

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Studds Bar on 17:06 - Aug 15 with 2617 viewsD_Alien

Studds Bar on 16:39 - Aug 15 by mightydale

I would of watch them pour then, then say sorry not paying the 30p to pay on card especially in this so called environment.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2021 16:46]

I very nearly did that, except my mate had travelled some distance (hadn't yet arrived) and it'd have been a right palaver to change plans

If it'd just been me, i'd have walked

Studds Bar on 17:17 - Aug 15 with 2576 viewsJames1980

Don't business accounts have fees for paying in cash as well? They certainly did when I worked in a retail bank back in the late 90s early 00s. Unless it was a new customer on a fee free deal but then that included card transactions as well.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Studds Bar on 17:23 - Aug 15 with 2562 views1907

Studds Bar on 17:17 - Aug 15 by James1980

Don't business accounts have fees for paying in cash as well? They certainly did when I worked in a retail bank back in the late 90s early 00s. Unless it was a new customer on a fee free deal but then that included card transactions as well.

Yes they do. On average it is around 65p for every £100 cash paid in over the counter. In essence, it’s cheaper for the company to promote card payment than cash, however we all know why most companies prefer cash…

On the Cem - I know many on this forum drink in there, but I’ve always found the place extremely expensive and unwelcoming. I’m not from Norden or Bamford which probably doesn’t help, but just personal experience.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2021 19:40]
Studds Bar on 17:36 - Aug 15 with 2513 viewsblackdogblue

When the Cem used to be my local (migrated there after a spat with the landlord in the Church Inn at the time, saying that were still friends to this day & saw him the other day by chance).

I can’t honestly remember if they used to charge a service fee for paying by card tbh & I know the Farrier did when it was one of the first pubs to re-open outside only which was understandable as they had to hire a few teens to ferry beer around as inside was shut..

What the Cem used to do was cash back as well, got round the service charge in pubs before by getting £10 back & then using it on the next round.. not sure if they still do this as not been in for a long time… in fact the last time I was in there was when the pitch was being changed after the cup debacle a good few years back now because I got talking to some of the lads who were doing the job..

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Studds Bar on 17:50 - Aug 15 with 2497 viewsD_Alien

Studds Bar on 17:36 - Aug 15 by blackdogblue

When the Cem used to be my local (migrated there after a spat with the landlord in the Church Inn at the time, saying that were still friends to this day & saw him the other day by chance).

I can’t honestly remember if they used to charge a service fee for paying by card tbh & I know the Farrier did when it was one of the first pubs to re-open outside only which was understandable as they had to hire a few teens to ferry beer around as inside was shut..

What the Cem used to do was cash back as well, got round the service charge in pubs before by getting £10 back & then using it on the next round.. not sure if they still do this as not been in for a long time… in fact the last time I was in there was when the pitch was being changed after the cup debacle a good few years back now because I got talking to some of the lads who were doing the job..

They offered to waive the fee if i bought two rounds (i.e. four pints) in one go

Since we'd already agreed we'd have one in the Cem and then head to the Dale Bar, so as to make sure we got into our seats in time for the Clap for Cloughie, it wasn't on - and i'd have refused anyway

There's just NO excuse. As i've said, i'd rather they just put an extra 5p on a pint to cover any costs. We know businesses have had a hard time, which makes it all the more stupid to piss off customers

Studds Bar on 18:21 - Aug 15 with 2418 viewsblackdogblue

Studds Bar on 17:50 - Aug 15 by D_Alien

They offered to waive the fee if i bought two rounds (i.e. four pints) in one go

Since we'd already agreed we'd have one in the Cem and then head to the Dale Bar, so as to make sure we got into our seats in time for the Clap for Cloughie, it wasn't on - and i'd have refused anyway

There's just NO excuse. As i've said, i'd rather they just put an extra 5p on a pint to cover any costs. We know businesses have had a hard time, which makes it all the more stupid to piss off customers

It’s like the Farrier nowadays.. fooking expensive to start with but agree with you…

It was the same when Humphrey put a £1 on every pint 😡

God I miss the dog 😢😢

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Studds Bar on 18:44 - Aug 15 with 2367 viewsJames1980

Studds Bar on 17:23 - Aug 15 by 1907

Yes they do. On average it is around 65p for every £100 cash paid in over the counter. In essence, it’s cheaper for the company to promote card payment than cash, however we all know why most companies prefer cash…

On the Cem - I know many on this forum drink in there, but I’ve always found the place extremely expensive and unwelcoming. I’m not from Norden or Bamford which probably doesn’t help, but just personal experience.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2021 19:40]

I wonder if Rose and Curran know about the lack of cash turnstiles.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024