Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plymouth (h) Match Thread 14:03 - Nov 30 with 22221 viewsHullDale

Plymouth (h) Match Thread on 15:23 - Nov 30 with 11716 views442Dale

Whilst totally agreeing more should be done around kit choices to take into consideration colour blindness, on this occasion it would not have been an issue if Plymouth wore their home shorts and socks with their white away shirt. Blue/white/white v white/black/green would be fine. Of course, it could also have been a request from tv.

If this was indeed an issue, then any two teams wearing one similar component colour (Plymouth’s white shirt against Dale’s white shorts and socks) would always need to change. That’s a different argument around overall kit clashes rather than anything else.

It’s worth noting that Plymouth quite rightly wore white at Rotherham for example as red v green does cause problems for colour blind spectators... yet they wore their away kit in its entirety and there was then a shorts clash.

Also worth noting: Plymouth played Wigan at home on Saturday, who chose to wear their red away kit.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2021 15:27]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Plymouth (h) Match Thread on 16:21 - Nov 30 with 11630 views49thseason

Plymouth (h) Match Thread on 15:23 - Nov 30 by 442Dale

Whilst totally agreeing more should be done around kit choices to take into consideration colour blindness, on this occasion it would not have been an issue if Plymouth wore their home shorts and socks with their white away shirt. Blue/white/white v white/black/green would be fine. Of course, it could also have been a request from tv.

If this was indeed an issue, then any two teams wearing one similar component colour (Plymouth’s white shirt against Dale’s white shorts and socks) would always need to change. That’s a different argument around overall kit clashes rather than anything else.

It’s worth noting that Plymouth quite rightly wore white at Rotherham for example as red v green does cause problems for colour blind spectators... yet they wore their away kit in its entirety and there was then a shorts clash.

Also worth noting: Plymouth played Wigan at home on Saturday, who chose to wear their red away kit.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2021 15:27]

Apparently we have agreed to play in black shorts and socks because the partially sighted will be able to distinguish between the teams more easily. Under our lights and with empty blue seats we will be better camouflaged than an SAS sniper in the jungle. Plymouth will play in white! Why didnt we offer to play in the black and white stripes?
Plymouth (h) Match Thread on 16:26 - Nov 30 with 11626 views442Dale

Plymouth (h) Match Thread on 16:21 - Nov 30 by 49thseason

Apparently we have agreed to play in black shorts and socks because the partially sighted will be able to distinguish between the teams more easily. Under our lights and with empty blue seats we will be better camouflaged than an SAS sniper in the jungle. Plymouth will play in white! Why didnt we offer to play in the black and white stripes?

Where’s the bit about partially sighted people?

If we’d worn black and white stripes against white it would have been a clash. Unless they wore their whole home kit and we wore black and white with white socks.

Plymouth (h) Match Thread on 16:29 - Nov 30 with 11595 viewsTVOS1907

Plymouth (h) Match Thread on 16:21 - Nov 30 by 49thseason

The lights won't be needed for a 12.15pm kick-off, although I believe ITV want them on to help with their broadcast.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Plymouth (h) Match Thread on 16:46 - Nov 30 with 11582 viewswindowsbug2002

What a load of tosh...
I'm red green colourblind and have never encountered difficulties in determining between two teams.
Plymouth (h) Match Thread on 17:14 - Nov 30 with 11514 views442Dale

Plymouth (h) Match Thread on 16:46 - Nov 30 by windowsbug2002

What a load of tosh...
I'm red green colourblind and have never encountered difficulties in determining between two teams.

But plenty of others have. It’s definitely a situation that needed addressing.

However, we are changing shorts and socks because Plymouth are wearing white shorts and socks; this is a kit clash issue, not a colour blindness one.

The whole ‘one entire dark kit v one entire light kit’ is something seen more internationally now. The 2014 World Cup was the best example as FIFA seem to like it.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2021 17:19]

Plymouth (h) Match Thread on 17:26 - Nov 30 with 11477 viewsdavidab2202

Plymouth (h) Match Thread on 16:46 - Nov 30 by windowsbug2002

What a load of tosh...

Perhaps a differing view ,back in the day of playing amateur football a mate of mine had similar colour blindness to your good self and whenever we played against a team wearing a red kit( we played in green) he may as well have stayed at home !!!
Plymouth (h) Match Thread on 17:29 - Nov 30 with 11474 viewsHullDale

Login to get fewer ads

Plymouth (h) Match Thread on 16:36 - Dec 3 with 10731 viewsHullDale

Plymouth (h) Match Thread on 06:50 - Dec 4 with 10402 viewsBazzanne

Any suggestions for me to watch in Australia? Hoping for a win!
Plymouth (h) Match Thread on 08:44 - Dec 4 with 10312 viewspioneer

Oh for the days of black and white TV.

Famous John Motson quote….”for those watching in black and white Everton are in blue”
Plymouth (h) Match Thread on 10:43 - Dec 4 with 10160 viewsjpresto

Plymouth fan's coach setting off at 3am. Thats dedication!
Plymouth (h) Match Thread on 10:58 - Dec 4 with 10114 viewsTVOS1907

Plymouth (h) Match Thread on 06:50 - Dec 4 by Bazzanne

Any suggestions for me to watch in Australia? Hoping for a win!

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/december/plymouthtiewheretowatch/

Plymouth (h) Match Thread on 20:09 - Dec 4 with 9550 viewsEllDale

Just out of interest, can anyone remember Dale playing live on ITV previously?
I can remember matches on BBC, BT Sport and SKY but never ITV?
Plymouth (h) Match Thread on 20:50 - Dec 4 with 9463 viewspioneer

Wow…we really are getting nasty on here.
Plymouth (h) Match Thread on 21:34 - Dec 4 with 9336 viewsTVOS1907

Plymouth (h) Match Thread on 20:09 - Dec 4 by EllDale

Just out of interest, can anyone remember Dale playing live on ITV previously?
I can remember matches on BBC, BT Sport and SKY but never ITV?

The Luton replay in 2009/10 was on something like ITV2.

EDIT: And the Rushden play-off games were on ITV Digital.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2021 22:22]

Plymouth (h) Match Thread on 22:35 - Dec 4 with 9237 viewspioneer

Plymouth (h) Match Thread on 10:58 - Dec 4 by TVOS1907

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/december/plymouthtiewheretowatch/

Doesnt appear to be on the schedule for ESPN in US or Australia. They are probably only interested once the premier league teams arrive.
Plymouth (h) Match Thread on 22:42 - Dec 4 with 9197 viewsTVOS1907

Plymouth (h) Match Thread on 22:35 - Dec 4 by pioneer

Doesnt appear to be on the schedule for ESPN in US or Australia. They are probably only interested once the premier league teams arrive.

11:15pm on here on 10 Play, whatever that is: https://www.gameonlivesports.com.au/Upcoming-Matches.aspx?t=espn-sports-guide&am

Listed here as well: https://www.espn.com/watch/schedule/_/type/upcoming/startDate/20211205/country/u
[Post edited 4 Dec 2021 22:45]

Plymouth (h) Match Thread on 22:53 - Dec 4 with 9173 viewspioneer

Plymouth (h) Match Thread on 22:42 - Dec 4 by TVOS1907

11:15pm on here on 10 Play, whatever that is: https://www.gameonlivesports.com.au/Upcoming-Matches.aspx?t=espn-sports-guide&am

Listed here as well: https://www.espn.com/watch/schedule/_/type/upcoming/startDate/20211205/country/u
[Post edited 4 Dec 2021 22:45]

Looks like its a pub only subscription service for part of Australia for those down under who dont have work to go to😊

Still it must be better than watching the A league (alfie back on scoresheet earler today)
Plymouth (h) Match Thread on 23:00 - Dec 4 with 9152 viewsTVOS1907

Plymouth (h) Match Thread on 22:53 - Dec 4 by pioneer

Looks like its a pub only subscription service for part of Australia for those down under who dont have work to go to😊

Still it must be better than watching the A league (alfie back on scoresheet earler today)

Or the majority of the other sports on there.

Plymouth (h) Match Thread on 11:17 - Dec 5 with 8619 viewsHullDale

Plymouth (h) Match Thread on 11:18 - Dec 5 with 8617 viewsHullDale

Plymouth (h) Match Thread on 12:34 - Dec 5 with 8398 viewsdeeplishblue

Goal should have been ruled out for offside. No 9 was offside in the build up.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Plymouth (h) Match Thread on 13:03 - Dec 5 with 8242 viewsCleedale

Unfortunately so far looking like we're playing a team a division and a half above - which we are.

Break-downs in passing in the final third needs to be addressed 2nd half.
Plymouth (h) Match Thread on 13:04 - Dec 5 with 8647 viewsCockneyDale

Plymouth (h) Match Thread on 12:34 - Dec 5 by deeplishblue

Goal should have been ruled out for offside. No 9 was offside in the build up.

I saw that too. Clear offside. I don’t know how to post pics on here but I have tweeted all the commentators!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024