Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grand Prix decider 12:23 - Dec 12 with 5631 viewspikeypaul

40 minutes until what should be a great final Grand Prix.

I take Hamilton to win with Max having to start on soft tyres and a probable 2 stop strategy.

Anyway May the best man win.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Grand Prix decider on 21:46 - Dec 13 with 1394 viewspencoedjack

Grand Prix decider on 16:55 - Dec 12 by JACKMANANDBOY

Sometimes these human errors sum up life's ironies. All. The money that goes onto F1 and the main prize may have been down to a human error. VAR has watered this down in football but I always laugh when a billion pound industry is undermined by a 50 something bald bloke on 60k a year not paying attention......... that's life!

Set F1 back years the most manufactured end to a season you will ever see.

Max’s title has the same relevance as Nathan Dyers PL winners medal.

No Hamilton fan but very dignified after being shafted.
Grand Prix decider on 23:00 - Dec 13 with 1361 viewsmax936

Grand Prix decider on 14:41 - Dec 13 by pikeypaul

I did notice that,strange isnt it?

Its called selective memory loss.

[Post edited 13 Dec 2021 14:47]

Verstappen knew what he was doing, he kept going in a striaght line at that turn then turned sharply just before the curb, forcing Hamilton to go around, he had nowhere else to go, that's why it was decided there was no incident to judge,
Rules state all lapped car's should un lap themselves in a situation like yesterdays .

As for being a Hamilton fan boy, you have no idea.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Grand Prix decider on 23:21 - Dec 13 with 1348 viewsGlossolalia

Grand Prix decider on 23:00 - Dec 13 by max936

Verstappen knew what he was doing, he kept going in a striaght line at that turn then turned sharply just before the curb, forcing Hamilton to go around, he had nowhere else to go, that's why it was decided there was no incident to judge,
Rules state all lapped car's should un lap themselves in a situation like yesterdays .

As for being a Hamilton fan boy, you have no idea.

Was a clean overtake within the defined racing boundaries, and Lewis could have slowed and fallen in line, behind Max. Brundle agrees, and his opinion I regard higher than most.

Max didn't 'go in a straight line' at all. A late lunge like that requires full lock in order to make the corner. Lewis was fortunate not to have to give position back, but this would have in no way changed outcome of race.

If there was a gravel trap instead of the unfortunately ubiquitous tarmac run-off, HAM would have certainly made the corner too.
Grand Prix decider on 08:51 - Dec 14 with 1289 viewspikeypaul

Yes completely clean over take, cars did not come together at all.

It’s called motor “RACING” for a reason, but over the last couple of days we have seen Mercedes think racing should play second fiddle and safety cars and court rooms should take precedence, pathetic and desperate are two words that come to mind.

If it were any other run off surface Hamilton would have slowed up and not cut the corner like he did.

Bernie Ecclestone brought the point up last night, how it was a disgrace Hamilton was not told to give back the lead having gone the off course route he took when it was totally avoidable if he had slowed down, and even the Hamilton brown nosers at Sky said he had a point.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2021 14:45]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

Grand Prix decider on 23:37 - Dec 14 with 1225 viewsmax936

Grand Prix decider on 23:21 - Dec 13 by Glossolalia

Was a clean overtake within the defined racing boundaries, and Lewis could have slowed and fallen in line, behind Max. Brundle agrees, and his opinion I regard higher than most.

Max didn't 'go in a straight line' at all. A late lunge like that requires full lock in order to make the corner. Lewis was fortunate not to have to give position back, but this would have in no way changed outcome of race.

If there was a gravel trap instead of the unfortunately ubiquitous tarmac run-off, HAM would have certainly made the corner too.

I disagree, but its all about opinions, my opinion is that Verstappen shot straight across and turned just before he went off the track, he could have turned earlier, his approach to that corner was one he didn't need to do, he pushed Hamilton out, IMO

It was decided that there was no incident to investigate, which is correct again IMO

Plenty of other opinions about though.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Grand Prix decider on 01:02 - Dec 15 with 1201 viewsGlossolalia

Grand Prix decider on 23:37 - Dec 14 by max936

I disagree, but its all about opinions, my opinion is that Verstappen shot straight across and turned just before he went off the track, he could have turned earlier, his approach to that corner was one he didn't need to do, he pushed Hamilton out, IMO

It was decided that there was no incident to investigate, which is correct again IMO

Plenty of other opinions about though.

That's what happens when you make an overtake: your racing line changes and the corner is usually taken deeper due to later braking.

He couldn't really have turned earlier if he wanted to complete a clean overtaking move, added with his higher speed entering corner. It was aggressive but completely within bounds, in every sense.

But anyway, I'm sure we can agree the outcome wasn't affected by the stewards' decision. As for the safety car, it was clearly manipulated to ensure a lap of racing. Unprecedented but in the true spirit of racing perhaps? Very hard to untangle.
Grand Prix decider on 10:25 - Dec 16 with 1113 viewsunion_jack

Mercedes withdraw appeal. No real surprise there but wonder if some out of court settlement has taken place?

Financial compensation?
Masi to go?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Grand Prix decider on 10:28 - Dec 16 with 1098 viewstheloneranger

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Login to get fewer ads

Grand Prix decider on 10:58 - Dec 16 with 1066 viewspikeypaul

Grand Prix decider on 16:26 - Dec 12 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I suspect this will go to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

That was truly disgusting and was hopefully down to ineptitude on the part of Masi and not corruption. Hopefully that is the last we see of Masi in F1.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/59681314

Like I said,Mercedes have not got a leg to stand on,its clear if they did they would push it.

Everthing was done within the regulations and all the crying and whinging by the hamilton fan boys has been shown to be exactly that.

Well done Max,champion despite a far inferior car,for once the driver with a lesser car wins the championship,something EVERY racing fan should be happy to see.

Grand Prix decider on 11:09 - Dec 16 with 1048 viewsunion_jack

Grand Prix decider on 10:58 - Dec 16 by pikeypaul

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/59681314

Like I said,Mercedes have not got a leg to stand on,its clear if they did they would push it.

Everthing was done within the regulations and all the crying and whinging by the hamilton fan boys has been shown to be exactly that.

Well done Max,champion despite a far inferior car,for once the driver with a lesser car wins the championship,something EVERY racing fan should be happy to see.

No-one can accuse MV / RB of doing anything wrong probably but the whole process stinks. I know you like to be controversial so fair enough.

The following supports the general consensus that things aren't right and hopefully will be sorted before March lights out. There will of course always be controversies, the sport would be worse off if that weren't the case, but what happened Sunday should never happen again.

I feel sorry for LH and possibly even more sorry for MV who will always have this hanging over him. Forget what happened throughout the season, this came down to the black ball in the deciding frame and the referee put his hand over the pocket.

https://www.fia.com/news/statement-fia-world-motor-sport-council

Grand Prix decider on 11:15 - Dec 16 with 1042 viewsunion_jack

https://mobile.twitter.com/MercedesAMGF1/status/1471419870680125441/photo/2

Grand Prix decider on 22:46 - Dec 20 with 897 viewsunion_jack

😄

https://newsthump.com/2021/12/16/fia-awards-lewis-hamiltons-knighthood-to-max-ve

Grand Prix decider on 07:30 - Dec 21 with 847 viewsDr_Winston

It's obvious that Masi f*cked up massively and a court challenge from Merc would win at a canter. The FIA's statement covering their arses makes that clear enough. Expect big changes in Stewarding rules for next season.

It's also obvious that winning the title in court is not something Hamilton particularly wants to do and certainly wouldn't be good for the sport so he's influenced Merc to back down. He's handled the whole situation with class and dignity.

Natural justice would see LH sew up title #8 by mid-October next season. If Merc have read the new regs right, and they often do, that might well happen.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Grand Prix decider on 21:55 - Feb 17 with 613 viewsbritferry

Finally, Masi has been sacked

Will be interested to see what he has to say, I wonder if he got pressured by the Yank F1 owners to get a last lap race in

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Grand Prix decider on 22:00 - Feb 17 with 609 viewsDr_Winston

Grand Prix decider on 21:55 - Feb 17 by britferry

Finally, Masi has been sacked

Will be interested to see what he has to say, I wonder if he got pressured by the Yank F1 owners to get a last lap race in

Think that's a conspiracy too far. Masi was just out of his depth and easily influenced.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Grand Prix decider on 15:14 - Feb 18 with 556 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Grand Prix decider on 22:00 - Feb 17 by Dr_Winston

Think that's a conspiracy too far. Masi was just out of his depth and easily influenced.

The safety car was out for a few laps before Madi made his decision. Plenty of time to consult the rules and get it right if you are competent.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024