Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This season-Transition season. 22:56 - Jan 26 with 6156 viewsmagicdaps10

I am just amazed that some fans don't see that this season is a transition season, absolutely Amazes me!

We lose our parachute payments, over half our first team and management team YET some think we are a top 6 team.

I just want to see what everyone thinks in one post in regards if they see this as a transition season or we should be pushing higher in the league.

Me personally as I asked, we are about right where we are considering the few games we have in hand and all mentioned above.

Shhot away all.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

This season-Transition season. on 23:12 - Jan 26 with 1845 viewsbuilthjack

Big transition season. The manager has been brought in for his style of football.
I have been banging on since August that it would take the January and summer windows to get his players, and we would need to be patient. A lot of us can see it.
Some can't.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

This season-Transition season. on 23:16 - Jan 26 with 1840 viewsraynor94

Of course it's a transition season, but I can still see us achieving a top 10 finish

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

This season-Transition season. on 23:18 - Jan 26 with 1839 viewsbuilthjack

This season-Transition season. on 23:16 - Jan 26 by raynor94

Of course it's a transition season, but I can still see us achieving a top 10 finish

Me too

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

This season-Transition season. on 23:18 - Jan 26 with 1836 viewsReslovenSwan1

Transition must mean development of under 23 players on an upward trajectory. This is the cheap way and the best way. Low transfer fees and lower wages. Patterson and his cronies cannot be allowed to win the battle of wills.

Benda, Garrick, Ollie Cooper, Cullen, Whittaker loan - making progress.

Cameron Evans, Rushesha u23.

Cabango, Piroe, Downes, Latibeaudiere developing nicely. Can only get better if injury free.

Obafemi , Joseph, Brandon Cooper first half of season occasional first team should kick on.

The team appears to be improving in a patchy way affected by no preseason and Covid breaks. Good away performances at Huddesfield and QPR suggest better days ahead. This has been achieved without the elite loans used in the previous seasons.

Similar in some ways to the Potter first 6 months of upheaval before settling down to a solid team and a long unbeaten home record. This is better because the unity of purpose of the back room team. Possession stats appear to be aligning with shots on and off target percentages which must be a good thing.

Wise sage since Toshack era

This season-Transition season. on 08:59 - Jan 27 with 1807 viewsCatullus

Of course it's a transition season. That doesn't mean everything is rosy though, when there are issues it's not wrong to bring them up.

I've said I think we'll be midtable. We are probably safe enough from relegation but not consistent enough, or good enough in attack to trouble the promotion chasers.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

This season-Transition season. on 09:07 - Jan 27 with 1789 viewsDr_Parnassus

Some fans can’t see it because it doesn’t exist. There is no such thing as a “transition season” - repeating it every 5 minutes won’t make the notion any more real.

We have changed our style many times over the years, we have never needed to write off a whole season before - certainly not when we spend the second highest amount in our football league history to help bring in the players the new manager wants.

We are approaching February and seen no improvement in results, we are actually declining slightly.

The notion of a “transition season” is just an excuse to write off a large chunk of poor results for no apparent reason, without critical confrontation of the facts.

Why are we still transitioning at game 46 but will no longer be transitioning by game 47? It’s an arbitrary time period picked out of the air for convenience rather than for any specific factual purpose.

So while people can use the term til they are blue in the face, it still won’t change the fact that we are underperforming and shouldn’t be.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

This season-Transition season. on 09:20 - Jan 27 with 1784 viewsOptimisticJack

This season-Transition season. on 23:18 - Jan 26 by ReslovenSwan1

Transition must mean development of under 23 players on an upward trajectory. This is the cheap way and the best way. Low transfer fees and lower wages. Patterson and his cronies cannot be allowed to win the battle of wills.

Cabango, Piroe, Downes, Latibeaudiere developing nicely. Can only get better if injury free.

Obafemi , Joseph, Brandon Cooper first half of season occasional first team should kick on.

The team appears to be improving in a patchy way affected by no preseason and Covid breaks. Good away performances at Huddesfield and QPR suggest better days ahead. This has been achieved without the elite loans used in the previous seasons.

Similar in some ways to the Potter first 6 months of upheaval before settling down to a solid team and a long unbeaten home record. This is better because the unity of purpose of the back room team. Possession stats appear to be aligning with shots on and off target percentages which must be a good thing.

Good post and agree.
We have been spoilt with success in the past 20 years and got used to it.
We now find ourselves in a comparatively healthy position in the Championship without the huge debt that some of our rivals have but this year without the massive benefits of parachute payments.
We find ourselves balancing success on the field in conjunction with reintroducing a possession based playing style whilst exerting financial prudence.
Its been a very difficult introduction for Russell Martin and his team having arrived on the eve of the season.
A stop start season.December a write off with matches postponed due to Covid and Welsh Government in their wisdom not allowing fans into the ground.
We like most other clubs now find ourselves in a difficult transfer window with limited financial resources - covid being a contributory factor.
Things however are fitting into place nicely.
A few more players still needed who are comfortable playing the style of football that Russell Martin is introducing.
Overall I'm generally happy with our progress and confident for the future.

Optimisticjack

This season-Transition season. on 09:24 - Jan 27 with 1782 viewsWhiterockin

This season-Transition season. on 23:18 - Jan 26 by ReslovenSwan1

I agree with much of that except "Transition must mean development of under 23 players on an upward trajectory." I think that should be applicable every season not just in transition.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Login to get fewer ads

This season-Transition season. on 09:26 - Jan 27 with 1762 viewsDr_Parnassus

For example.

This season ends.

Let’s say we lose Pato and Piroe, Wolf goes back, Hamer let go and we bring two players in on loan.

Fairly likely that a scenario happens similar to the above, maybe even more drastic.

More than half the starting line up is now changed again that didn’t play the style we are playing this season. Are we now in this mythical transition season again as a result? If not, why not?

At what point does the transition end and for what reason?

The fact is, in football, you are constantly transitioning - it’s the name of the game. You don’t write off whole seasons because you face some change, you are supposed to thrive BECAUSE of the change.

We have faced changes every year for the last 2 decades, drastic ones - and will continue to do so, you don’t just keep writing off whole seasons. Or are we just doing it under Martin as some special rule?

First time I have ever encountered anyone uttering the notion and I’ve been a supporter since the early to mid 90’s.

This season-Transition season. on 10:06 - Jan 27 with 1734 viewsmagicdaps10

Just wanted to put it out there to see what everyone else thought.
Not Suprised to see that the majority can see it as a transition season. I know the powers that be, management and others within the club see it as a transition season, glad that most fans see it the same.

Thanks all for answering. 👍

This season-Transition season. on 10:13 - Jan 27 with 1718 viewsWhiterockin

This season-Transition season. on 10:06 - Jan 27 by magicdaps10

Not Suprised to see that the majority can see it as a transition season. I know the powers that be, management and others within the club see it as a transition season, glad that most fans see it the same.

No problem just speak tp people at the stadium or general day to day life, people can see it.

This season-Transition season. on 10:13 - Jan 27 with 1718 viewsKeithHaynes

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

This season-Transition season. on 10:15 - Jan 27 with 1702 viewsKeithHaynes

As long as the manager and coaching team see it as the same, football has no morals when it comes to more money, Cooper, Potter etc, and crucially the players that are brought in.

If that stays in place over the summer, this season won’t have been a waste.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

This season-Transition season. on 10:22 - Jan 27 with 1685 viewsBobblehat

It’s definitely a transitional season Martin is clearing out all the dead wood and players he doesn’t want and rebuilding his own squad.
This season-Transition season. on 10:26 - Jan 27 with 1662 viewsmagicdaps10

This season-Transition season. on 10:13 - Jan 27 by Whiterockin

No problem just speak tp people at the stadium or general day to day life, people can see it.

I am surrounded by Swansea fans every day and all say that this season is about building again and with what we have a mid table finish is realistic and where we are.
Majority of fans at the stadium say the same, there is a small amount who think we should be doing better but I have not crossed one face to face who believes we are too 6 contenders.

This season-Transition season. on 10:55 - Jan 27 with 1641 viewsonehunglow

Some impressive support shown here
Every season following our relegation has been "transitional".
Some might say

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

This season-Transition season. on 10:56 - Jan 27 with 1634 viewsDr_Parnassus

The majority of the thread maybe. But normal football fans wouldn’t be buying into this notion of transition seasons, as someone who has been around football fans all my life I assure you of that.

If there was such thing as transition seasons, and not just the popular one time use of the phrase which seems to be conveniently coined in the season people are desperately trying to excuse… then we would be hearing it every single year.

It’s very telling nobody answered any of the questions I put towards the notion.

They are unanswerable without the notion crumbling in seconds.

Doesn’t exist.

This season-Transition season. on 11:08 - Jan 27 with 1624 viewsWhiterockin

This season-Transition season. on 10:55 - Jan 27 by onehunglow

Some might say

As MD says the fans are buying into it, just hope the loyalty pays off.

This season-Transition season. on 11:14 - Jan 27 with 1605 viewsonehunglow

This season-Transition season. on 11:08 - Jan 27 by Whiterockin

Indeed .
Fair comment.
We are ALL hoping.
Some admit it,Some don't.

This season-Transition season. on 11:21 - Jan 27 with 1596 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Only in the sense that we've transitioned from a team challenging for automatic promotion to one grateful that colossal point deductions see us not sitting level with the team currently 19th over halfway through the season.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

This season-Transition season. on 11:21 - Jan 27 with 1596 viewsmagicdaps10

This season-Transition season. on 11:08 - Jan 27 by Whiterockin

Of course most are, just listen to the comments when you are at the next home match.
Its not clicked into place, as much as it would be nice, majority fans are understanding of the process in the stadium and the patience should be applauded. It would be asy for fans who have known success for the last 15years or so to demand it but I think since Roberto came in, understanding and patience has become a quality for fans within the stadium.

As I say, it's reassuring that the majority can see the bigger picture and refreshing that understanding is the feel within the stadium.

I am glad that people see what the club and management are trying to achieve and as a whole there is no unrealistic demands in the early stage of the process.

This season-Transition season. on 11:24 - Jan 27 with 1592 viewsmagicdaps10

This season-Transition season. on 10:55 - Jan 27 by onehunglow

Some might say

Each to their own and I wouldnt question it, arguably the first season was a transition given the size of our club and just being relegated from the Premier league, 2nd season we had a new manager with same influx of players from the season before.... Last season, looked good on paper and I think ultimately as a whole it wasn't a great outcome.

This season-Transition season. on 11:27 - Jan 27 with 1587 viewsmagicdaps10

This season-Transition season. on 11:21 - Jan 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Only in the sense that we've transitioned from a team challenging for automatic promotion to one grateful that colossal point deductions see us not sitting level with the team currently 19th over halfway through the season.

You mean the team from last season to this, the one where we lost a full management team, over half the first team and lost our final parachute payment......i can't for the life of me see why we haven't pushed on from last season!

Aside from that Dwight, you might be on to something 😁

This season-Transition season. on 11:32 - Jan 27 with 1580 viewsonehunglow

This season-Transition season. on 11:24 - Jan 27 by magicdaps10

Each to their own and I wouldnt question it, arguably the first season was a transition given the size of our club and just being relegated from the Premier league, 2nd season we had a new manager with same influx of players from the season before.... Last season, looked good on paper and I think ultimately as a whole it wasn't a great outcome.

I agree
Last season,let's face it,we blew a great chance.
Season before too.
Colour me frustrated.

Transition by all means not stagnation

This season-Transition season. on 11:36 - Jan 27 with 1576 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

This season-Transition season. on 11:27 - Jan 27 by magicdaps10

You mean the team from last season to this, the one where we lost a full management team, over half the first team and lost our final parachute payment......i can't for the life of me see why we haven't pushed on from last season!

Aside from that Dwight, you might be on to something 😁

We didn't lose the management team, they were all but sacked.

We haven't lost half of the first team.

I'd argue only the centre backs were not adequately replaced.

We spent an incredible amount of money this Summer. We've seen even more money spent this month.

I have no doubt we'll lose 2-3 key first team players in the coming Summer months. Will that render next season a transition season as well?

I have no doubt we'll lose 2-3 key players in Summer 2023. Will that render the 2023-24 season a transitional season as well?

There's no such thing as a transitional season. If results fall below expectations for too long, he'll be gone. If results exceed expectations for too long, he'll be gone.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024