Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Welsh National Anthem 19:15 - Feb 13 with 18222 viewsbuilthjack

Is being sung loud and proud at Swans games these days.
Beautiful.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Welsh National Anthem on 15:31 - Feb 18 with 1507 viewsunion_jack

The Welsh National Anthem on 14:51 - Feb 18 by builthjack

Show us where he is on the scums board please.

I read it somewhere, the trust or something but not the club I don’t think. It was a while back but I know I saw it. Maybe someone else can confirm??

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Welsh National Anthem on 16:33 - Feb 18 with 1470 viewsunion_jack

The Welsh National Anthem on 14:51 - Feb 18 by builthjack

Show us where he is on the scums board please.

Page 4

https://gov.wales/sites/default/files/publications/2021-03/ministerial-interests

The Welsh National Anthem on 16:43 - Feb 18 with 1455 viewsbuilthjack

The Welsh National Anthem on 16:33 - Feb 18 by union_jack

Page 4

https://gov.wales/sites/default/files/publications/2021-03/ministerial-interests

Good find. The bugger.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Welsh National Anthem on 19:12 - Feb 18 with 1415 viewsTenbySwan

The Welsh National Anthem on 16:33 - Feb 18 by union_jack

Page 4

So?
He is from Cardiff and a member of the CC Supporters Trust?
Even politicians are allowed to support teams.

The reality is that we gad an election in Wales last year and the vast majority rejected right wing parties.

All that I am saying is that the people in Wales can elect our own Government to make ALL our own decisions.if that is labour OR Conservative so be it. But we deserve a future where Wales stands on our own two feet and politicians in Wales make the decisions.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2022 19:21]
The Welsh National Anthem on 19:14 - Feb 18 with 1404 viewsunion_jack

The Welsh National Anthem on 19:12 - Feb 18 by TenbySwan

So?

The reality is that we gad an election in Wales last year and the vast majority rejected right wing parties.

All that I am saying is that the people in Wales can elect our own Government to make ALL our own decisions.if that is labour OR Conservative so be it. But we deserve a future where Wales stands on our own two feet and politicians in Wales make the decisions.

Well he’s from Carmarthenshire actually.

And of course he is just as I can use it as a stick to beat him with. Hope that’s ok👍

The Welsh National Anthem on 19:21 - Feb 18 with 1395 viewsBoundy

The Welsh National Anthem on 19:14 - Feb 18 by union_jack

Well he’s from Carmarthenshire actually.

And of course he is just as I can use it as a stick to beat him with. Hope that’s ok👍

Reviewing his list of "interests" he's certainly forgotten his roots , very cardiff centric .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The Welsh National Anthem on 19:23 - Feb 18 with 1391 viewsunion_jack

The Welsh National Anthem on 19:21 - Feb 18 by Boundy

Reviewing his list of "interests" he's certainly forgotten his roots , very cardiff centric .

Not going to bite the hand that feeds him.

The Welsh National Anthem on 19:33 - Feb 18 with 1387 viewsCatullus

So?

Actually the majority did not reject right wing parties, the majority rejected the Senedd itself by not bothering to vote. If they had voted maybe they would have backed the tory. After all more people voted for the Tories in the GE than voted for Labour in the Senedd.

Anything is possible. As it stands though more people in Wales ignore the Senedd than ignore Westminster. 51% didn't bother versus 33%.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

The Welsh National Anthem on 19:45 - Feb 18 with 1374 viewsTenbySwan

The Welsh National Anthem on 19:33 - Feb 18 by Catullus

Actually the majority did not reject right wing parties, the majority rejected the Senedd itself by not bothering to vote. If they had voted maybe they would have backed the tory. After all more people voted for the Tories in the GE than voted for Labour in the Senedd.

Anything is possible. As it stands though more people in Wales ignore the Senedd than ignore Westminster. 51% didn't bother versus 33%.

Perhaps if it had real powers over everything more would participate. but you can only go by those that vote

Proportional representation in the Senedd also means everyone's beliefs are taken into consideration.
The Welsh National Anthem on 19:47 - Feb 18 with 1373 viewsraynor94

So?

If that ever happened, would the last person leaving Wales turn the lights off

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Welsh National Anthem on 20:03 - Feb 18 with 1359 viewsBoundy

The Welsh National Anthem on 19:45 - Feb 18 by TenbySwan

Perhaps if it had real powers over everything more would participate. but you can only go by those that vote

Proportional representation in the Senedd also means everyone's beliefs are taken into consideration.

Real powers ? such as " health and social care, housing, education, transport, business, economic development, social services, language and culture, the environment, local government, Since 2014, the Senedd has also gained significant tax-raising powers. In 2018, it was estimated that these covered around £5 billion in tax revenues, roughly a third of Welsh Government spending at that time" . Should I go on ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The Welsh National Anthem on 20:05 - Feb 18 with 1357 viewsbuilthjack

Let's sing the anthem. The Swans fans attending tomorrow certainly will.

The Welsh National Anthem on 22:59 - Feb 18 with 1328 viewsTenbySwan

The Welsh National Anthem on 20:03 - Feb 18 by Boundy

Real powers ? such as " health and social care, housing, education, transport, business, economic development, social services, language and culture, the environment, local government, Since 2014, the Senedd has also gained significant tax-raising powers. In 2018, it was estimated that these covered around £5 billion in tax revenues, roughly a third of Welsh Government spending at that time" . Should I go on ?

If you are going to quote me, at least do it correctly.

What I said was 'real powers OVER EVERYTHING'.

You have your views, I have mine.

Best leave this here I think, or we will still be here next here.

I'm not going to convince you, you're not going to convince me.

It's just so sad that some have so little faith in their Country. Even Barbados have recently gone fully independent and left the Commonwealth.
The Welsh National Anthem on 13:19 - Feb 19 with 1260 viewsCatullus

The Welsh National Anthem on 22:59 - Feb 18 by TenbySwan

If you are going to quote me, at least do it correctly.

What I said was 'real powers OVER EVERYTHING'.

You have your views, I have mine.

Best leave this here I think, or we will still be here next here.

I'm not going to convince you, you're not going to convince me.

It's just so sad that some have so little faith in their Country. Even Barbados have recently gone fully independent and left the Commonwealth.

It's not a lack of faith in the working man, it's a lack of faith in our politicians who can't even do a good job with the powers they have got.

They are too busy being parochial and Cardiff centric.

Now Barbados, maybe we should wait and see how they get on?

The Senedd does not have responsibility for:

Currency
Defence
Foreign affairs
Most benefits (such as Universal Credit)
Most taxes
Police and justice.

I don't see why an indy Wales would need an armed forces. Drakeford has ruled out indy by asking "What currency would we use?" because sticking with Sterling means we wouldn't be properly indy. Foreign affairs, who would listen to us, why would we spend a fortune of foreign embassy's?
That leaves benefits, taxes and police and justice. Everything else is in Wales power and we're not doing very well in most of it.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Welsh National Anthem on 09:12 - Mar 6 with 1175 viewsbuilthjack

It's sung at every game now. Twice yesterday.
Men of Harlech seems to be making a comeback too.
And one or two others.
We are Welsh, so I can see why.

The Welsh National Anthem on 10:20 - Mar 6 with 1131 viewsonehunglow

The Welsh National Anthem on 09:12 - Mar 6 by builthjack

It's sung at every game now. Twice yesterday.
Men of Harlech seems to be making a comeback too.
And one or two others.
We are Welsh, so I can see why.

Its the tune of Men of Harlech.#

Why are the words not sung. Don't they know this great battle cry.

Why not Gwahoddiad?

What's happened to Chapels that taught us to recite scripture and sing -IN TUNE.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Welsh National Anthem on 11:59 - Mar 6 with 1099 viewsbuilthjack

The Welsh National Anthem on 10:20 - Mar 6 by onehunglow

Its the tune of Men of Harlech.#

Why are the words not sung. Don't they know this great battle cry.

Why not Gwahoddiad?

What's happened to Chapels that taught us to recite scripture and sing -IN TUNE.

If you want the whole songbook go to a Wales game,
At away games just walk down a city centre, whether it's Tallinn, Wroclaw, or wherever Wales are playing. Shut your eyes, and listen to those songs. You could be in your Chapel.
Try it while you still can. It will be worth it.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2022 14:03]

The Welsh National Anthem on 13:04 - Mar 6 with 1080 viewsBadlands

The Welsh National Anthem on 19:33 - Feb 18 by Catullus

Bonkers argument.
Like saying 63% didn’t support leaving the EU or only 71% didn't vote tory in 2019.
GE

After that … ii really don’t like hearing the Welsh national anthem being sung at Swansea.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2022 13:06]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Welsh National Anthem on 13:34 - Mar 6 with 1068 viewsonehunglow

The Welsh National Anthem on 13:04 - Mar 6 by Badlands

Bonkers argument.
Like saying 63% didn’t support leaving the EU or only 71% didn't vote tory in 2019.
GE

After that … ii really don’t like hearing the Welsh national anthem being sung at Swansea.

It is not an international fixture and we need to accept that.
Christ,the English dont do GSTQ nor even Chariots in league football

The Welsh National Anthem on 14:05 - Mar 6 with 1049 viewsbuilthjack

The Welsh National Anthem on 13:34 - Mar 6 by onehunglow

Yes they do. Most away fans at Swansea sing GSTQ.

The Welsh National Anthem on 14:07 - Mar 6 with 1048 viewsbuilthjack

The Welsh National Anthem on 13:04 - Mar 6 by Badlands

Bonkers argument.
GE

We are Welsh. Why not sing the anthem?
Our fans are patriotic.

The Welsh National Anthem on 14:18 - Mar 6 with 1030 viewsonehunglow

The Welsh National Anthem on 14:07 - Mar 6 by builthjack

We are Welsh. Why not sing the anthem?
Our fans are patriotic.

Most countries are and they sing the same.

Be good if Men of Harlech was sung with word rather than da da da.

Why don't you/they learn the words.

And why not Calon Lan.? Sospan Fach -with permission of our Turk fans of course.

The Welsh National Anthem on 15:49 - Mar 6 with 981 viewsSTID2017

The Welsh National Anthem on 13:34 - Mar 6 by onehunglow

Coventry fans sang it twice in the first 30 minutes.
Plus a brilliant rendition of "Twist and Shout" near the end of the game

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The Welsh National Anthem on 15:55 - Mar 6 with 976 viewsonehunglow

The Welsh National Anthem on 11:59 - Mar 6 by builthjack

If you want the whole songbook go to a Wales game,
At away games just walk down a city centre, whether it's Tallinn, Wroclaw, or wherever Wales are playing. Shut your eyes, and listen to those songs. You could be in your Chapel.
Try it while you still can. It will be worth it.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2022 14:03]

I’ve been.
Men of Harlech

Da da da ,da da da da da,da da da da da da da da,da da da da da da da da ….dada da dada ..

Should be distributing Welsh hymn book prior to games really but Wales is more diverse now and less Non Conformist

It’s why chapels shut in Wales

If yiu like passion,get yourself to the Stade de France and here La Marseillaise being belted out by Limousin farmers and Bordeaux wine makers alike

Proud see .

Y

The Welsh National Anthem on 18:01 - Mar 6 with 928 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh National Anthem on 14:05 - Mar 6 by builthjack

Yes they do. Most away fans at Swansea sing GSTQ.

Correct.

OHL - no excuses for that total lack of awareness if you are going to debate.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024