Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Welsh National Anthem 19:15 - Feb 13 with 16915 viewsbuilthjack

Is being sung loud and proud at Swans games these days.
Beautiful.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Welsh National Anthem on 10:01 - Feb 15 with 800 viewsraynor94

The Welsh National Anthem on 22:23 - Feb 14 by Chief

And let me guess.....

You're not going to substantiate or back up that comment in any way?

Stubbornness and burying your head in the sand, sums you up perfectly, no offence intended

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Welsh National Anthem on 10:02 - Feb 15 with 792 viewsBoundy

The Welsh National Anthem on 09:52 - Feb 15 by Chief

But you do appreciate that conversations within a thread can veer off into related subjects, one being Brexit?

The post you replied to had no connection to independence. By all means post you thoughts on Welsh independence, but I still don't know why you replied to one of my posts when I wasn't talking about it.

You got mixed up, it's fine, move on.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2022 9:55]

More assumptions and guess work . I'm out

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The Welsh National Anthem on 10:36 - Feb 15 with 775 viewsChief

The Welsh National Anthem on 10:01 - Feb 15 by raynor94

Stubbornness and burying your head in the sand, sums you up perfectly, no offence intended

That's just you repeating what you said in your first post. So as I predicted, no substantiation or evidence to back up your claims.....

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The Welsh National Anthem on 10:39 - Feb 15 with 774 viewsChief

The Welsh National Anthem on 10:02 - Feb 15 by Boundy

More assumptions and guess work . I'm out

Don't really see what other conclusion I could come to.

You replied to one of my posts regarding brexit voting in relation to potential Welsh independence voting.

From that I can only deduce that you got mixed up and didn't read the conversation in full. It's fine, it happens.

The Welsh National Anthem on 11:06 - Feb 15 with 760 viewsunion_jack

The Welsh National Anthem on 10:39 - Feb 15 by Chief

Don't really see what other conclusion I could come to.

You replied to one of my posts regarding brexit voting in relation to potential Welsh independence voting.

From that I can only deduce that you got mixed up and didn't read the conversation in full. It's fine, it happens.

No he didn’t, I did.

You were confused. Fine, it happens, let’s move on.

And I was broadening the discussion because let’s face it the Independence issue is only a ‘stones throw’ from all of this as your lot would leave the comfort and prestige of the UK and want to join a heavily bureaucratic alliance where you would be subjugated more than you believe (note that word) you are now.

But you know that, it’s just that the large chip on your collective shoulders won’t allow you to face up to it.

Poor dabs!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Welsh National Anthem on 11:16 - Feb 15 with 757 viewsChief

The Welsh National Anthem on 11:06 - Feb 15 by union_jack

No he didn’t, I did.

You were confused. Fine, it happens, let’s move on.

And I was broadening the discussion because let’s face it the Independence issue is only a ‘stones throw’ from all of this as your lot would leave the comfort and prestige of the UK and want to join a heavily bureaucratic alliance where you would be subjugated more than you believe (note that word) you are now.

But you know that, it’s just that the large chip on your collective shoulders won’t allow you to face up to it.

Poor dabs!

Yes forgive me, I apologise, it was you and not Boundy who got confused. See, I can do it, so can you. It isn't difficult.

Yes as I say, find broaden it, but you replied directly to me on a different subject. Even though you're now trying convince us and maybe yourself that it was a perfectly normal thing to do.

There's zero prestige of being part of the UK currently. It's a downright embarrassment to be honest. However, you're assuming I am a staunch Welsh nationalist. When I'm not.

What you mean subjugated? In what sense? It was a democratic alliance in which Britain had representation?

The Welsh National Anthem on 11:22 - Feb 15 with 749 viewspencoedjack

The Welsh National Anthem on 22:52 - Feb 14 by union_jack

You honestly believe the youth will vote for independence?

The thing with young people is that they grow up.

Remain & independence voters both lost & are rather bitter about the fact, PC had less than 10% of the vote in the last general election, those with any nous understand the Welsh public do not want independence.

Why are all the indy's afraid to have a vote with a simple question

Independence
or
Abolish the Senedd & hand power back to Westminster.
The Welsh National Anthem on 11:29 - Feb 15 with 745 viewsChief

The Welsh National Anthem on 11:22 - Feb 15 by pencoedjack

Remain & independence voters both lost & are rather bitter about the fact, PC had less than 10% of the vote in the last general election, those with any nous understand the Welsh public do not want independence.

Why are all the indy's afraid to have a vote with a simple question

Independence
or
Abolish the Senedd & hand power back to Westminster.

Of course remain are bitter, these promises such as the £350mill to the NHS are evidently lies. Leavers should be even more bitter knowing they swallowed the lies. But they now use stubbornness as a shield because these days no one can admit they were wrong.

As for Welsh independence, it's more nuanced than what you say there, there were figures suggesting a large amount of labour voters would also at least consider it (which could in part explain Drakefords recent leanings that way).

But I do agree with you that Welsh independence is a long way off, doubt we'll see it in any of our lifetimes.

But you can't talk democracy & mandates then bring up abolishing the Welsh assembly. Parties who want that gain a miniscule amount of the vote. And the only reason it gets brought up is because Labour invariably get democratically voted in. It wouldn't get raised it was a party you support in power. You don't abolish the whole system because you disagree with the current democratically appointed incumbent do you?

And to add, I don't believe support for Welsh independence would be as much if it wasn't the Tory's in power in Westminster who are essentially are the English Nationalist party these days.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2022 11:33]

Login to get fewer ads

The Welsh National Anthem on 11:57 - Feb 15 with 731 viewsLohengrin

The Welsh National Anthem on 10:07 - Feb 14 by Badlands

Agreed with most of that buy nationalism is only idiocy when it excludes and generates hate.

English nationalism is a movement of exclusion and domination exemplified by its anthem. Send her victorious. Yesterday it was sung to remind the Welshies we don't belong, sung to elicit a reaction, sung as an indication of status.
Welsh nationalism is inclusive to those who want to belong - Her brave warriors, fine patriots
Shed their blood for freedom ... not domination. And extols the virtue of nature and language.
Yesterday it was sung in defence of what is ours.
If you don't believe in Wales then get rid of it, become English, wear the red rose with pride, bow to the Queen and doff your caps to your lords, know your place and enjoy the crumbs.
FYI I don't like hearing Mae Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau sung at Swans games.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2022 10:09]

Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau Is a paean to blood, soil and purity. It’s all in there.

Those on here who would consider themselves very much ‘of the Left’ would have a heart attack if they could speak Welsh and actually understood the words they are phonetically mouthing.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Welsh National Anthem on 12:13 - Feb 15 with 714 viewsraynor94

The Welsh National Anthem on 10:36 - Feb 15 by Chief

That's just you repeating what you said in your first post. So as I predicted, no substantiation or evidence to back up your claims.....

Just read your posting history

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Welsh National Anthem on 12:15 - Feb 15 with 712 viewsChief

The Welsh National Anthem on 11:57 - Feb 15 by Lohengrin

Those on here who would consider themselves very much ‘of the Left’ would have a heart attack if they could speak Welsh and actually understood the words they are phonetically mouthing.

Ah it's an Aryan type conspiracy hiding in plain sight.

Wouldn't put it in the same category as expressly lauding the 'crushing' of a section of the country that the anthem is supposedly meant to represent mind you.

The Welsh National Anthem on 12:19 - Feb 15 with 706 viewsLohengrin

The Welsh National Anthem on 12:15 - Feb 15 by Chief

Ah it's an Aryan type conspiracy hiding in plain sight.

Wouldn't put it in the same category as expressly lauding the 'crushing' of a section of the country that the anthem is supposedly meant to represent mind you.

Hardly. Most anthems follow a similar stylistic trajectory.

Anyway, “rebellious Scots to crush.” Wasn’t it the panicked 7th Highlanders who opened fire during the Merthyr Rising?

The Welsh National Anthem on 12:21 - Feb 15 with 700 viewsTenbySwan

There are some, such as yourself who will never vote for an independent Wales. Look at your name and Avatar.

But there are more and more people every day, normal rational people, not nationalist cranks as some would call them realising that an independent Wales is the way forward. Scotland are nearly there and Wales will get there one day.

They are realising that there is a better way than being led by Tories in Westminster, (which we have been for most of the last 100 years) Welsh people on the whole have different values .

Fans sing 'England's full of sh.... but are then happy to be governed by them?

Edit, sorry this post was meant to quote Union Jack
[Post edited 15 Feb 2022 12:43]
The Welsh National Anthem on 12:33 - Feb 15 with 688 viewsLohengrin

The Welsh National Anthem on 12:21 - Feb 15 by TenbySwan

There are some, such as yourself who will never vote for an independent Wales. Look at your name and Avatar.

But there are more and more people every day, normal rational people, not nationalist cranks as some would call them realising that an independent Wales is the way forward. Scotland are nearly there and Wales will get there one day.

They are realising that there is a better way than being led by Tories in Westminster, (which we have been for most of the last 100 years) Welsh people on the whole have different values .

Fans sing 'England's full of sh.... but are then happy to be governed by them?

Edit, sorry this post was meant to quote Union Jack
[Post edited 15 Feb 2022 12:43]

Me?

The Welsh National Anthem on 12:35 - Feb 15 with 688 viewsChief

The Welsh National Anthem on 12:19 - Feb 15 by Lohengrin

Hardly. Most anthems follow a similar stylistic trajectory.

Anyway, “rebellious Scots to crush.” Wasn’t it the panicked 7th Highlanders who opened fire during the Merthyr Rising?

Yes indeed, I was being facetious.

Yes it was. Surprised that anthem doesn't include a reference to them battering us into submission too.

The Welsh National Anthem on 12:37 - Feb 15 with 688 viewsunion_jack

The Welsh National Anthem on 11:16 - Feb 15 by Chief

Yes forgive me, I apologise, it was you and not Boundy who got confused. See, I can do it, so can you. It isn't difficult.

Yes as I say, find broaden it, but you replied directly to me on a different subject. Even though you're now trying convince us and maybe yourself that it was a perfectly normal thing to do.

There's zero prestige of being part of the UK currently. It's a downright embarrassment to be honest. However, you're assuming I am a staunch Welsh nationalist. When I'm not.

What you mean subjugated? In what sense? It was a democratic alliance in which Britain had representation?

There is an element of embarrassment presently due to individuals but if you look at the number of people worldwide who would wish to live here and not just from poorer countries, you must agree it is a great place to live.

Look at our scientific contribution to the world in the spheres of health and physics.

Look at the golden triangle of universities the envy of the world.

Look at our natural and man made beauty.

You see faults because you are too close to it or you don’t want to see it as it may not fit your agenda. But others see it differently.

I’m glad you’re not a staunch nationalist, the less of them the better, but there are some in here and it’s directed at them if not you.

Subjugated? Controlled? Dictated to? You choose, but for those wanting independence and remain in the EU is a contradiction in terms imo.

The Welsh National Anthem on 12:41 - Feb 15 with 677 viewsunion_jack

The Welsh National Anthem on 12:33 - Feb 15 by Lohengrin

Me?

Me or Penc one would imagine.

The Welsh National Anthem on 12:53 - Feb 15 with 666 viewsVincent_Vega

The Welsh National Anthem on 11:57 - Feb 15 by Lohengrin

The French anthem is my personal favourite in this matter..

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

The Welsh National Anthem on 12:56 - Feb 15 with 664 viewsLohengrin

The Welsh National Anthem on 12:53 - Feb 15 by Vincent_Vega

The French anthem is my personal favourite in this matter..

She’s a beauty when you hear her belted out at maximum volume.

The Welsh National Anthem on 12:57 - Feb 15 with 663 viewsLohengrin

The Welsh National Anthem on 12:41 - Feb 15 by union_jack

Me or Penc one would imagine.

Ah! right. I was scratching my head at who could be upset by a beacon?

The Welsh National Anthem on 13:04 - Feb 15 with 659 viewsChief

The Welsh National Anthem on 12:37 - Feb 15 by union_jack

There is an element of embarrassment presently due to individuals but if you look at the number of people worldwide who would wish to live here and not just from poorer countries, you must agree it is a great place to live.

Look at our scientific contribution to the world in the spheres of health and physics.

Look at the golden triangle of universities the envy of the world.

Look at our natural and man made beauty.

You see faults because you are too close to it or you don’t want to see it as it may not fit your agenda. But others see it differently.

I’m glad you’re not a staunch nationalist, the less of them the better, but there are some in here and it’s directed at them if not you.

Subjugated? Controlled? Dictated to? You choose, but for those wanting independence and remain in the EU is a contradiction in terms imo.

Its more than an element. It's endemic admittedly at the moment. You can't compare this to millions of starving people in the world. That's just a silly inclusion. They'd all love to come to an independent Wales too anyway.

You're naming things there that Wales has in itself anyway so not sure what you're trying to get at. If Wales did become independent just like any other foreign student attending English university's, that wouldn't stop. Plus of course we have some pretty good ones ourselves anyway.

You're also naming historic contributions while not mentioning Britain's negative global contributions. Which we all know and we don't need to go into now.

No, I am admittedly a very proud Welshman, but for me patriotism does not trump any possible lack of standard of living for future generations of my family. I am very open to a proper campaign / debate on it to get as much information on it though. Like there was with Brexit....

Although in that one we know one side broke the law in their campaigning and blatently lied.

These are facts. From which I form my opinion (not an agenda) not the other way. As stands on brexit I've been vindicated. To the point they the UK Government has had to create (and pay a large wage) to a minister to find brexit benefits. Shouldn't it be self evident?

The Welsh National Anthem on 13:06 - Feb 15 with 655 viewsEbo

The Welsh National Anthem on 21:34 - Feb 13 by pencoedjack

https://jomec.co.uk/thecardiffian/2020/02/14/welsh-language-speakers-in-decline-

Give it a couple of years & the East will be joining in with GSTQ 👍

Ah look who it is, none other than Dic Sion Dafydd.

If you like it in Saes so much why not fwcc off and live there?

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

The Welsh National Anthem on 13:07 - Feb 15 with 650 viewsChief

The Welsh National Anthem on 12:13 - Feb 15 by raynor94

Just read your posting history

I don't need to, I wrote it.

You made the spurious claim, but now are unwilling to back it up then? As I predicted?

The Welsh National Anthem on 13:18 - Feb 15 with 636 viewsbuilthjack

Not much wrong with the words when translated.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Welsh National Anthem on 13:22 - Feb 15 with 628 viewsunion_jack

The Welsh National Anthem on 12:57 - Feb 15 by Lohengrin

Ah! right. I was scratching my head at who could be upset by a beacon?

Well it could be a hand held torch with someone draped in a Union Jack holding it??

Easy mistake to make😂

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024