Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Welsh National Anthem 19:15 - Feb 13 with 16914 viewsbuilthjack

Is being sung loud and proud at Swans games these days.
Beautiful.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Welsh National Anthem on 19:56 - Feb 15 with 1210 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh National Anthem on 19:06 - Feb 15 by Catullus

And doesnt this thread prove my point about nationalism being divisive.

Look at some of the posts, Ebo should be ashamed of one of his.

The human race is terminally stupid.

As a point of order, its the Brit Nats who go around crushing cultures and languages.

If you stand up for the smaller nations, even slightly, who are basically getting bullied, then its you who is a ‘nationalist’.

British nationalism has a lot more to answer for than welsh nationalism - and thats a fact.
The union flag is feared, the welsh flag is not.

Happy to spell it out for you.

Beware of the Risen People

The Welsh National Anthem on 20:03 - Feb 15 with 1197 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh National Anthem on 19:49 - Feb 15 by TenbySwan

It may be that UK Lanour is Unionist, but there is now a growing division between Welsh Labour and them and it could well lead to Welsh Labour separating.

There is a large 'Labour for Welsh Independence' movement and 'Yes Cymru' which is multi party.

The idea that only Plaid Cymru.extremists are for independence is long gone.

The behaviour of Johnson and crew in Westminster this past couple of years has convinced more and more that independence is the way forward.

Welsh people are savvy enough to run our own affairs without the input from Westminster and the Lying King

👌 word perfect.

Drakeford said: "I do think the effect of the pandemic and the last 12 months has been to polarise opinion in Wales about the way it should be governed.

"What we have to do - to quote a Conservative member of the Senedd, David Melding - is we have to recognise that the union as it is, is over. We have to create a new union.

"We have to demonstrate to people how we can recraft the UK in a way that recognises it as a voluntary association of four nations, in which we choose to pool our sovereignty for common purposes and for common benefits.

‘Its over …’ i hope thats clear enough for any doubter little Brits.

The Welsh National Anthem on 20:50 - Feb 15 with 1164 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Welsh National Anthem on 20:03 - Feb 15 by Kilkennyjack

👌 word perfect.

Drakeford said: "I do think the effect of the pandemic and the last 12 months has been to polarise opinion in Wales about the way it should be governed.

"What we have to do - to quote a Conservative member of the Senedd, David Melding - is we have to recognise that the union as it is, is over. We have to create a new union.

"We have to demonstrate to people how we can recraft the UK in a way that recognises it as a voluntary association of four nations, in which we choose to pool our sovereignty for common purposes and for common benefits.

‘Its over …’ i hope thats clear enough for any doubter little Brits.

Celebrate Kilkenny £7m in legal fees are not heading into English pockets. I am not sure the Trust have go a good deal but i do not care about them anyway.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The Welsh National Anthem on 20:54 - Feb 15 with 1165 viewsChief

The Welsh National Anthem on 20:50 - Feb 15 by ReslovenSwan1

Celebrate Kilkenny £7m in legal fees are not heading into English pockets. I am not sure the Trust have go a good deal but i do not care about them anyway.

But you perversely care where they spend their own funds....

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The Welsh National Anthem on 21:03 - Feb 15 with 1156 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Welsh National Anthem on 20:54 - Feb 15 by Chief

But you perversely care where they spend their own funds....

I have encouraged them at all time to take profession BUSINESS advice. I encouraged them to sell in 2016 and 2017. Not doing these things were terrible mistakes.

Those than made those mistakes are now criticising the new board. Going to court was a 'last resort'.

The member of the Trust have concentrated on share value and protection instead of "cash". Dilution not devaluation.

They now have "protection". I asked last week what does it mean? They now have it. What they will do with it is anyone's guess.

What is 5% worth if you cannot sell it. Future dividends and a two places in the VIP suite for life.

The Welsh National Anthem on 21:07 - Feb 15 with 1151 viewsChief

The Welsh National Anthem on 21:03 - Feb 15 by ReslovenSwan1

I have encouraged them at all time to take profession BUSINESS advice. I encouraged them to sell in 2016 and 2017. Not doing these things were terrible mistakes.

Those than made those mistakes are now criticising the new board. Going to court was a 'last resort'.

The member of the Trust have concentrated on share value and protection instead of "cash". Dilution not devaluation.

They now have "protection". I asked last week what does it mean? They now have it. What they will do with it is anyone's guess.

What is 5% worth if you cannot sell it. Future dividends and a two places in the VIP suite for life.

Why are you so eager to give them your expertise then if you don't care about them?

And why do you continue to constantly talk about them?

The Welsh National Anthem on 21:27 - Feb 15 with 1131 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Welsh National Anthem on 21:07 - Feb 15 by Chief

Why are you so eager to give them your expertise then if you don't care about them?

And why do you continue to constantly talk about them?

You and your friends were very keen to give the club's owners serious problems.

The Trust capacity for doing good for the club (e.g. Investing) was very small, while their leverage as owners saw their capacity of harm being very high based on finding perceived faults in the governance of the club. Share holder s agreement for example perhaps?.

The only thing that unified the Trust with regard to selling shares or holding on to shares was relegation. Before relegation a large number of members did not want to sell. Selling in 2016 was an absolute 'no brainer'. The Trust leadership did not see this.

They have a good deal if they can ultimatelyy sell the 'golden' 5%.

The Welsh National Anthem on 21:51 - Feb 15 with 1118 viewsChief

The Welsh National Anthem on 21:27 - Feb 15 by ReslovenSwan1

You and your friends were very keen to give the club's owners serious problems.

The Trust capacity for doing good for the club (e.g. Investing) was very small, while their leverage as owners saw their capacity of harm being very high based on finding perceived faults in the governance of the club. Share holder s agreement for example perhaps?.

The only thing that unified the Trust with regard to selling shares or holding on to shares was relegation. Before relegation a large number of members did not want to sell. Selling in 2016 was an absolute 'no brainer'. The Trust leadership did not see this.

They have a good deal if they can ultimatelyy sell the 'golden' 5%.

The owners and the sellouts gave the trust serious problems.

The trust wanted to sell in 2017, but the Americans withdrew the deal within a few hours.

Login to get fewer ads

The Welsh National Anthem on 10:24 - Feb 16 with 1064 viewsDewi1jack

The Welsh National Anthem on 20:24 - Feb 13 by JacTawe

O bydded i'r heniaith barhau.

I often wonder how many people actually mean those words 🤔

Does it matter?

I don't speak Welsh, but am proud to sing the Welsh National Anthem.

Personally, I won't boo GSTQ, as it is the British national anthem.*
But oversinging it with the Welsh anthem is excellent.
Sure we used to do that down the Vetch as well.
Thought it sounded pretty good down at the front in the choir section. Impressive as f**k in fact

(Awaits the abuse for being a proud Veteran of British Welsh denomination off the Yes Cymru idiots we have )

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

The Welsh National Anthem on 13:07 - Feb 16 with 1036 viewspencoedjack

The Welsh National Anthem on 10:24 - Feb 16 by Dewi1jack

Does it matter?

Thought it sounded pretty good down at the front in the choir section. Impressive as f**k in fact

(Awaits the abuse for being a proud Veteran of British Welsh denomination off the Yes Cymru idiots we have )

Spot on Dewi.

You have to hate all things English to be a true Welshman according to the idiotic Indys on here.

I doubt many of them have ventured outside of their caves.
The Welsh National Anthem on 13:47 - Feb 16 with 1008 viewsLohengrin

The Welsh National Anthem on 12:35 - Feb 15 by Chief

Yes indeed, I was being facetious.

Yes it was. Surprised that anthem doesn't include a reference to them battering us into submission too.

Sorry for the delay in replying, Chief. I’m only now seeing this.

” Surprised that anthem doesn't include a reference to them battering us into submission too.”

Them and us? You’re stretching for polarity there and it’s the wrong one...I’ll see your Merthyr and raise you Peterloo. The events of 1831 weren’t some attempt to put a geographically specific group of folk ‘in their place;’ rather, exactly as in Manchester twenty one years previously, what you’re seeing is Capital bearing its teeth in response to demands for representation and dignity.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Welsh National Anthem on 14:24 - Feb 16 with 979 viewsMrSwerve

The Welsh National Anthem on 10:24 - Feb 16 by Dewi1jack

Does it matter?

All of this 'I'm Welsher than you' or 'I'm prouder to be Welsh than you are' and all of this rubbish is bizarre.

You can be proud to be Welsh, love the anthem and country, without hating GSTQ, The Queen and the Union flag.

People have too much time on their hands if they are worrying about things like that.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The Welsh National Anthem on 14:46 - Feb 16 with 963 viewsChief

The Welsh National Anthem on 13:47 - Feb 16 by Lohengrin

Sorry for the delay in replying, Chief. I’m only now seeing this.

” Surprised that anthem doesn't include a reference to them battering us into submission too.”

Them and us? You’re stretching for polarity there and it’s the wrong one...I’ll see your Merthyr and raise you Peterloo. The events of 1831 weren’t some attempt to put a geographically specific group of folk ‘in their place;’ rather, exactly as in Manchester twenty one years previously, what you’re seeing is Capital bearing its teeth in response to demands for representation and dignity.

You say that but that anthem does make reference to 'Scots'. Who are apparently meant to be citizens of the land that anthem is meant to represent.

That is clearly a geographically based lyric.

The Welsh National Anthem on 14:56 - Feb 16 with 951 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh National Anthem on 14:24 - Feb 16 by MrSwerve

All of this 'I'm Welsher than you' or 'I'm prouder to be Welsh than you are' and all of this rubbish is bizarre.

You can be proud to be Welsh, love the anthem and country, without hating GSTQ, The Queen and the Union flag.

People have too much time on their hands if they are worrying about things like that.

Of course, nobody is more welsh than anyone else.

But the devolution of power to the nations is essential if you want a modern UK.
The English dominated centralised Westmonster power model is dead.
Johnson is the death throes of empire.

The celtic nations need to be treated fairly on the UK is finished.
Breaking the Good Friday Agreement, and preventing a second Indy ref is not a good look.

The Welsh National Anthem on 16:46 - Feb 16 with 924 viewsLohengrin

The Welsh National Anthem on 14:46 - Feb 16 by Chief

You say that but that anthem does make reference to 'Scots'. Who are apparently meant to be citizens of the land that anthem is meant to represent.

That is clearly a geographically based lyric.

‘And, like a torrent, rush
Rebellious Scots to crush.’

At first glance you’d be right, but in the eighteenth century listeners would have understood the reference perfectly well. That verse, long since fallen into disuse, is about George Wade’s role in frustrating Jacobite uprisings.

Who was he? Well, without going into too deep a dive on the football forum George Wade was an Irish officer who organised Scots militias that later went on to become some of the most celebrated regiments in the British Army: The Black Watch, The Argylls etc.. to counter Jacobite insurgencies. Or, in his own words, “that free men of good conscience may bring an end to serfdom and bondage.”

So, not anti-Scot per se, rather a celebration of what the Hanoverians saw as the victory of ‘good Scots’ over ‘bad Scots,’ rebellious Scots.

Just going off at a slight tangent as regards any Left/Right take on this it’s interesting that while a lot of us may find the curated image of Claymores, Kilts and Bonnie Princes hopelessly romantic; and let’s face it, it is, Marxist historians like E P Thompson and Christopher Hill saw their defeat and the break-up of the Clan systems as a good thing. A sure step on the road to progress.

Swans forums, eh? 😊

The Welsh National Anthem on 17:12 - Feb 16 with 909 viewsonehunglow

As I say,divisive.
If you speak Welsh,you are more Welsh and therefore better.
My old fella was a Cardy and they spoke no English at home.
It wasn’t a happy home.
They moved to Swansea and never ever spoke Welsh to us as kids .

People are brought up speaking a language and will do so all lives ,if they want to.

You are taught a language from birth and it makes you neither good nor bad.

I am seeing horrendous postings as regards English speaking . It shames us

I’ve read we are a tolerant nation .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Welsh National Anthem on 17:13 - Feb 16 with 912 viewsChief

The Welsh National Anthem on 16:46 - Feb 16 by Lohengrin

‘And, like a torrent, rush
Rebellious Scots to crush.’

At first glance you’d be right, but in the eighteenth century listeners would have understood the reference perfectly well. That verse, long since fallen into disuse, is about George Wade’s role in frustrating Jacobite uprisings.

Who was he? Well, without going into too deep a dive on the football forum George Wade was an Irish officer who organised Scots militias that later went on to become some of the most celebrated regiments in the British Army: The Black Watch, The Argylls etc.. to counter Jacobite insurgencies. Or, in his own words, “that free men of good conscience may bring an end to serfdom and bondage.”

So, not anti-Scot per se, rather a celebration of what the Hanoverians saw as the victory of ‘good Scots’ over ‘bad Scots,’ rebellious Scots.

Just going off at a slight tangent as regards any Left/Right take on this it’s interesting that while a lot of us may find the curated image of Claymores, Kilts and Bonnie Princes hopelessly romantic; and let’s face it, it is, Marxist historians like E P Thompson and Christopher Hill saw their defeat and the break-up of the Clan systems as a good thing. A sure step on the road to progress.

Swans forums, eh? 😊

Yes very interesting.

Upshot is, it's 2022 and that anthem still has a line referring to 'crushing' a particular, distinct part of the country that that song is meant to represent.

The Welsh National Anthem on 17:22 - Feb 16 with 904 viewsLohengrin

The Welsh National Anthem on 17:13 - Feb 16 by Chief

Yes very interesting.

Upshot is, it's 2022 and that anthem still has a line referring to 'crushing' a particular, distinct part of the country that that song is meant to represent.

A part of the country where more Scots took up arms in defence of The Crown than in rebellion.

The anthem title itself, ‘God Save The King,’ is a quotation lifted directly from The King James Bible. King James, another Scot.

The Welsh National Anthem on 17:23 - Feb 16 with 900 viewsChief

The Welsh National Anthem on 17:22 - Feb 16 by Lohengrin

A part of the country where more Scots took up arms in defence of The Crown than in rebellion.

The anthem title itself, ‘God Save The King,’ is a quotation lifted directly from The King James Bible. King James, another Scot.

And yet the verse remains.

The Welsh National Anthem on 17:32 - Feb 16 with 893 viewsLohengrin

The Welsh National Anthem on 17:23 - Feb 16 by Chief

And yet the verse remains.

Unused, very largely forgotten.

History can’t be altered. It just sits there immutable. All we can do is interpret it clearly, those who believe it matters.

The Welsh National Anthem on 18:58 - Feb 16 with 867 viewsCatullus

The Welsh National Anthem on 14:56 - Feb 16 by Kilkennyjack

Of course, nobody is more welsh than anyone else.

But the devolution of power to the nations is essential if you want a modern UK.
The English dominated centralised Westmonster power model is dead.
Johnson is the death throes of empire.

The celtic nations need to be treated fairly on the UK is finished.
Breaking the Good Friday Agreement, and preventing a second Indy ref is not a good look.

You've stopped telling people to go live in England then?

That looks less like a call for indy and more like a call for a modern, federal UK, like I have been doing.

If you stop harking back to days of Empire, to colonialist ideas that belong in the past and using them as tools to beat the English with, how do we move forward?

Stop throwing blame and hate around, if you want a better future then work towards it.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Welsh National Anthem on 21:54 - Feb 16 with 845 viewsChief

The Welsh National Anthem on 17:32 - Feb 16 by Lohengrin

Unused, very largely forgotten.

History can’t be altered. It just sits there immutable. All we can do is interpret it clearly, those who believe it matters.

Or just ignore the existence of that terrible, self indulgent (to one individual) dirge see!

The Welsh National Anthem on 22:33 - Feb 16 with 829 viewsunion_jack

The Welsh National Anthem on 18:58 - Feb 16 by Catullus

That looks less like a call for indy and more like a call for a modern, federal UK, like I have been doing.

If you stop harking back to days of Empire, to colonialist ideas that belong in the past and using them as tools to beat the English with, how do we move forward?

Stop throwing blame and hate around, if you want a better future then work towards it.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Welsh National Anthem on 22:39 - Feb 16 with 818 viewsbuilthjack

The boys will be belting it out in Sheffield on Saturday. Wonderful to hear.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Welsh National Anthem on 00:00 - Feb 17 with 801 viewsKilkennyjack

The Welsh National Anthem on 18:58 - Feb 16 by Catullus

Show me an example.

Listen, yes I would give a devo max arrangement a chance with policing, criminal justice, crown estate, energy airport taxes, water, rail, etc all devolved. Devolution made permanent.
The new Rohan and Laura commission will suggest as much.

But thats just not going to happen.

Johnson calls devolution a mistake.
His minister wants the union flag flown above the dragon flag in wales.
Books on the Queen for our welsh kids, with welsh govt bypassed.
M4 funding games, with welsh govt bypassed.
Levelling up, with welsh govt bypassed.
(Scotlands govt referred to repeatedly and deliberately as the Scottish administration).
Brexit, with welsh govt bypassed.
Pro union output percentages mandated for our tv channels.
Pandemic funding only released based on English need.
EU monies to Wales not replaced.

So then you come to the obvious conclusion that only Annibyniaeth can work for Wales.

The rest speaks for itself.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024