Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Heaven or Hull Match Thread 16:56 - Feb 18 with 31741 viewsPinnerPaul

Busy tomorrow am pre match, with grandchildren visiting, so starting this one now.

Taking my 'boy' to the game - think it will be somewhere between heaven and Hull, so I've gone for 0-0 - cue more angst I expect.
Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 19:35 - Feb 19 with 1979 viewsstefan54

Hull used four subs but I thought that only 3 are allowed

When did the rule change?
Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 19:46 - Feb 19 with 1879 viewskernowhoop

Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 18:00 - Feb 19 by VancouverHoop

A defender absolutely touched the ball on to Albert. It was clear on the replays. But I'm not sure of the rule anymore. If it's a deflection, rather than an intended pass, does it still play the scorer onside?

Once upon a time, we would have called that 'played onside'.
What is the rule today?
Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 20:17 - Feb 19 with 1791 viewsjoe90

Not the result we wanted, but that was an improvement.

We did well despite having Willock as wing back for most of the game. Thought Albert struggled but did end up making a vital contribution towards the end.

Austin completely anonymous, contributed very little the few times he got near the ball.

Hill made it difficult for us by pushing their back line up. I get the point about recycling the ball, but I’d want to see us move the ball quicker. Every time we stopped to ponder the next pass Hull were able to plug the gaps forcing us to pass sideways or backwards. Is moving the ball quickly now as taboo as going long?

The boys put in a shift today, we could have easily won and had this result not come off back of a few losses it wouldn’t seem very different.

We’re still 4th and didn’t lose. Let’s take the positives and move on.

[Post edited 19 Feb 2022 22:32]
Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 20:59 - Feb 19 with 1696 viewsdavman

Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 19:35 - Feb 19 by stefan54

Hull used four subs but I thought that only 3 are allowed

When did the rule change?

Concussion sub for Ingram I think.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 21:04 - Feb 19 with 1682 viewsdavman

Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 18:00 - Feb 19 by VancouverHoop

A defender absolutely touched the ball on to Albert. It was clear on the replays. But I'm not sure of the rule anymore. If it's a deflection, rather than an intended pass, does it still play the scorer onside?

The ball was played forward before it hit the defender, so IF Albert was in an offside position when the ball was played, he would be offside.

But I am not sure whether he was. Was he?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 21:11 - Feb 19 with 1644 viewsQPR_John

Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 21:04 - Feb 19 by davman

The ball was played forward before it hit the defender, so IF Albert was in an offside position when the ball was played, he would be offside.

That was the old and correct interpretation but it has been messed about so much and I think ( of course I may be wrong) that we are looking at two phases of the game. As soon as the defender touched the ball Adomah became onside. I think there was such a case recently on MOD and the goal was allowed. Was that not also why many considered it was one of the many reasons Austin was onside against Sunderland.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2022 21:13]
Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 21:16 - Feb 19 with 1620 viewsGreenbay

Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 19:29 - Feb 19 by Damo1962

Thanks for the great reports Green bay 👍

You're very welcome.
Would be nice if we beat Blackpool on Wednesday and a minimum of a draw at Blackburn next Saturday.
It would make the reports so much sweeter.
Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 21:20 - Feb 19 with 1597 viewsWatfordR

Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 21:04 - Feb 19 by davman

Pretty sure that PP has told us recently that being in an offside position is not an offence, it's only becomes an offence once you play the ball.

But all that is irrelevant once the ball hits the defender, it was a good goal and it is appallingly poor that neither the ref or the lino appeared to be aware of the deflection.
Login to get fewer ads

Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 21:57 - Feb 19 with 1528 viewsBoston

Phew, all that and I'm still looking forward to Blackpool.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 22:11 - Feb 19 with 1473 viewsR_from_afar

Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 20:17 - Feb 19 by joe90

Not the result we wanted, but that was an improvement.

We did well despite having Willock as wing back for most of the game. Thought Albert struggled but did end up making a vital contribution towards the end.

Austin completely anonymous, contributed very little the few times he got near the ball.

Hill made it difficult for us by pushing their back line up. I get the point about recycling the ball, but I’d want to see us move the ball quicker. Every time we stopped to ponder the next pass Hull were able to plug the gaps forcing us to pass sideways or backwards. Is moving the ball quickly now as taboo as going long?

The boys put in a shift today, we could have easily won and had this result not come off back of a few losses it wouldn’t seem very different.

We’re still 4th and didn’t lose. Let’s take the positives and move on.

[Post edited 19 Feb 2022 22:32]

"Austin completely anonymous, contributed very little the few times he got near the ball".

I didn't see the game, I was following it on here - thanks for your updates, people - but surely even Charlie didn't plumb these depths? This is astounding

Apologies for defiling this thread, please forgive me!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 22:36 - Feb 19 with 1413 viewsjoe90

Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 22:11 - Feb 19 by R_from_afar

"Austin completely anonymous, contributed very little the few times he got near the ball".

I didn't see the game, I was following it on here - thanks for your updates, people - but surely even Charlie didn't plumb these depths? This is astounding

Apparently Charlie won four ‘aerials’ - more than any other QPR player today. That’s according to who scored:

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/82102/MatchStatistics/Charlie-Austin

Perhaps I was a bit harsh? He certainly was no Lukaku!
[Post edited 19 Feb 2022 22:37]
Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 22:41 - Feb 19 with 1386 viewsBoston

Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 22:36 - Feb 19 by joe90

Apparently Charlie won four ‘aerials’ - more than any other QPR player today. That’s according to who scored:

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/82102/MatchStatistics/Charlie-Austin

Perhaps I was a bit harsh? He certainly was no Lukaku!
[Post edited 19 Feb 2022 22:37]

Charlie put himself about a bit in the first half, did a decent shift. Faded into the background for the second.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 05:36 - Feb 20 with 1201 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 22:11 - Feb 19 by R_from_afar

When LFW patrons wake up and see a Chelsea shirt on here they will be very unhappy IMO haha.
Seriously I think Lukaku is cursed in his career decisions his agent or he makes .Leaving Everton for Chelsea was bad ,then leaving for Utd did not help much .Finally after a brilliant season in Italy he arrives at Stanford Bridge for savage money and is basically anonymous.
I watch him play for Belgium and he is a powerful presence but here in London so far so bad
Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 15:48 - Feb 20 with 989 viewsPinnerPaul

Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 20:54 - Feb 18 by qprrunner

Wholesale changes. Seny back in net tomorrow. Amos starting in midfield with Stef dropping to the bench. Willock although not fully fit playing off Charlie. Cmon Uuursss

ITK?

Impressive
Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 15:51 - Feb 20 with 977 viewsPinnerPaul

Heaven or Hull Match Thread on 14:37 - Feb 19 by LimehouseR

Dieng back. I hope that he isn't a little rusty from lack of matches.
I'm happy to have him between the sticks but I wonder why now, Marshall has been solid and may feel a little hard done by being dropped?

A win by any means is needed today!

'Rusty' is the word I would use.

Seemed strangely hesitant, 2 or 3 crosses I thought he could have come for and didn't look over confident with their one shot on target 2nd half.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024