Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lyndon Dykes 20:20 - Aug 6 with 79240 viewsNortholt_Rs

Credit where it’s due - I thought he had an excellent game today.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Lyndon Dykes on 15:26 - Aug 22 with 4230 viewsTheChef

Real shame he didn't score against England in the Euros.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Lyndon Dykes (n/t) on 15:34 - Aug 22 with 4187 viewsNortholt_Rs

Lyndon Dykes (n/t) on 15:20 - Aug 22 by Padulas_Shampoo

Do you think ultimately we’ll get our money back or more for him?

Unless things change dramatically (please God!) he’ll be with us til his contract winds down and we bin him off for zilch. Like so many others.

Lyndon Dykes on 15:36 - Aug 22 with 4163 viewsTacticalR

Lyndon Dykes on 12:07 - Aug 22 by StrawberryHillR

Long time listener, first time caller.

I remember Beale saying in pre-season that the key to Dykes was slinging in crosses so he could score with his head, and he was bemused as to why we didn't play to his strengths last season.

This season, we're hammering Lyndon for not converting pullbacks along the ground, we're taking him off around the same time that we bring on Adomah - arguably our best crosser of the ball, and we're loving the interplay between Chair and Willock but all of their rinky-dink cleverness rarely ends with a ball landing on Lyndon's nut.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2022 12:14]

I made the opposite point a couple of years ago (at the time we were on a losing streak just before Austin and Johansen came in):

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/264828/4040571

However, his recent goals, including the two against Reading, have been headers. I think the key is that, on the ground or in the air, he needs everything in front of him.

Air hostess clique

Lyndon Dykes on 16:13 - Aug 22 with 4060 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Lyndon Dykes on 11:46 - Aug 22 by PlanetHonneywood

EVs require charging.

The problem with the type of development taking place in West and west of London, precious little thought applied to building the necessary infrastructures to support it all.

Exactly my point. Despite the apparent lack of supporting infrastructure, society is being encouraged to fast forward to an EV future within 10-20 years. At the same time some folk are spreading wild rumours that you'll struggle to obtain approval for major developments until 2035 due to a lack of electricity infrastructure. I'd understand planning departments insisting that developers bake in the necessary infrastructure into their plans but the notion that development in West London will be at a standstill for the next 13+ years is frankly laughable.
Lyndon Dykes on 16:16 - Aug 22 with 4048 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Lyndon Dykes on 10:56 - Aug 22 by Padulas_Shampoo

I don't disagree with this, Chair frustrates me too at times. I'm not going to come on here and criticise Chair though because I'd suggest that 80-90% of the things he does on the pitch - particularly on Saturday - are extremely positive. My view on Dykes is not the same.

Your view on Dykes, perhaps both players, is clearly different and that's allowed. If Dykes eventually gets sold off for a profit, feel free to resurrect this thread and declare for all to see that you were right and I was wrong.

In the meantime I continue to be frustrated with his poor performances, his lack of goals and the club's inability to find and develop a striker that they can make a profit on.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2022 10:57]

Agree. Chair offers a lot more to the team on a consistent basis than Dykes and is less deserving of criticism. IMHO some fans' frustration with Chair comes down to high expectations based on his obvious natural talent. Conversely, Dykes just isn't delivering.
Lyndon Dykes (n/t) on 16:21 - Aug 22 with 4031 viewsMyke

Lyndon Dykes (n/t) on 15:23 - Aug 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

It’s about timing isn’t it.

If he hits one of the mini purple patches he’s had before, say just before January, and some Forrest type club are desperate then yes.

Why not indeed,after all that's pretty much what happened to Wells. Unfortunately we didn't own him so were unable to cash in.
(Imagine the craic on here if we HAD owned Wells and decided to sell him to Bristol City!)
Lyndon Dykes on 16:50 - Aug 22 with 3917 viewsEsox_Lucius

Lyndon Dykes on 12:56 - Aug 22 by Padulas_Shampoo

So nobody is allowed to criticise any QPR players' form or ability on here?

It rather begs the question what do you get out of doing it? Does it make you feel better about yourself? does it make you feel knowledgeable about football? This constant scapegoating of QPR players this century has absolutely no beneficial effects to either the club or the player being scapegoated, so why?
I was of the opinion that StefJo had a poor few games this season but I'm sure he doesn't need some gobshite like me to tell him that, what purpose does it serve? Discussing form and ability isn't what happens in these threads, they are, for the most part, defamatory.

The grass is always greener.

Lyndon Dykes on 17:01 - Aug 22 with 3886 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Lyndon Dykes on 16:50 - Aug 22 by Esox_Lucius

It rather begs the question what do you get out of doing it? Does it make you feel better about yourself? does it make you feel knowledgeable about football? This constant scapegoating of QPR players this century has absolutely no beneficial effects to either the club or the player being scapegoated, so why?
I was of the opinion that StefJo had a poor few games this season but I'm sure he doesn't need some gobshite like me to tell him that, what purpose does it serve? Discussing form and ability isn't what happens in these threads, they are, for the most part, defamatory.

I'm not saying it to Dykes himself though am I? I'm saying it to a bunch of other QPR fans that have logged on to a forum to read and debate current QPR affairs. Dykes' form is definitely a hot topic.

This thread was actually created to praise the way he played against Middlesbrough. It's derailed into criticism after the Blackpool and Rotherham performances.

He's not a scapegoat. He's not solely responsible for our lack of goals / points / form. But he's a part of it and a part of it that clearly a lot of us would like to discuss, otherwise the thread would have died long ago.

I'm not sure why you think QPR fans shouldn't be able to debate their reasoned views on QPR's manager, players, form, transfer dealings on a QPR forum.
Login to get fewer ads

Lyndon Dykes on 17:08 - Aug 22 with 3849 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Lyndon Dykes on 14:59 - Aug 22 by robith

There's a big difference between here and the ground imo.

My opinion - in the ground, if you've got blue and white on I'll cheer you till my lungs run dry. Here - you can say what you want, but given it's just football, try and have a modicum of civility

Exactly this. I have watched Brett Angell, Bob Malcolm, Zesh Rehman, Christer Warren and Stefan Moore play for QPR and have supported them all unreservedly at HQ.

This is where I come to read and share thoughts with other QPR fans.
Lyndon Dykes on 21:44 - Aug 22 with 3628 viewsdistortR

If I was Dykes.when the ball came to me, I'd just biff it into the net.
Lyndon Dykes on 22:29 - Aug 22 with 3518 viewsR_from_afar

Lyndon Dykes on 16:13 - Aug 22 by Benny_the_Ball

Exactly my point. Despite the apparent lack of supporting infrastructure, society is being encouraged to fast forward to an EV future within 10-20 years. At the same time some folk are spreading wild rumours that you'll struggle to obtain approval for major developments until 2035 due to a lack of electricity infrastructure. I'd understand planning departments insisting that developers bake in the necessary infrastructure into their plans but the notion that development in West London will be at a standstill for the next 13+ years is frankly laughable.

Wild rumours?
Extract from Construction News below.

The story was also published by The Times, The FT, The Telegraph...

"Developers in West London have been told they face a potential decade-long moratorium on any new homes because of a constraint on electricity supplies.

A letter from the Greater London Authority (GLA) to developers, which was leaked to the Financial Times, details that it may take until 2035 to build the necessary infrastructure to allow more homes to be built in Hillingdon, Ealing and Hounslow.

The document states that new developments in those three boroughs may have to “wait several years to receive new electricity connections”.

It also reveals that one developer who recently applied to connect to the network was informed that “sufficient electrical capacity for a new connection” was not available until 2035.

The GLA told developers the volume of electricity used by data centres had effectively taken up excess capacity in the system. It said: “Data centres use large quantities of electricity — the equivalent of towns or small cities — to power servers and ensure resilience in service.”

There are approximately 66 data centres in London from 34 providers".
https://www.constructionnews.co.uk/supply-chain/electricity-shortage-leads-to-ba

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Lyndon Dykes on 23:09 - Aug 22 with 3423 viewsdistortR

Lyndon Dykes on 22:29 - Aug 22 by R_from_afar

Wild rumours?

"Developers in West London have been told they face a potential decade-long moratorium on any new homes because of a constraint on electricity supplies.

A letter from the Greater London Authority (GLA) to developers, which was leaked to the Financial Times, details that it may take until 2035 to build the necessary infrastructure to allow more homes to be built in Hillingdon, Ealing and Hounslow.

The document states that new developments in those three boroughs may have to “wait several years to receive new electricity connections”.

It also reveals that one developer who recently applied to connect to the network was informed that “sufficient electrical capacity for a new connection” was not available until 2035.

The GLA told developers the volume of electricity used by data centres had effectively taken up excess capacity in the system. It said: “Data centres use large quantities of electricity — the equivalent of towns or small cities — to power servers and ensure resilience in service.”

https://www.constructionnews.co.uk/supply-chain/electricity-shortage-leads-to-ba

it's almost as if these privatised industries have been more concerned with bonus's and dividends then the needs of the country....................
No new reservoirs in 40 years
etc etc
Lyndon Dykes on 23:14 - Aug 22 with 3381 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Wild rumours?

Genuine question a RfA, would a new 30,000 seater stadium use less leccy than a 120 year old 18,000 one?
Lyndon Dykes on 23:51 - Aug 22 with 3327 viewsSydneyRs

Wild rumours?

Shame Labour isn't in power so it could be blamed on the government.

Actually, come to think of it, definitely Corbyn's fault.
Lyndon Dykes on 00:03 - Aug 23 with 3319 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Lyndon Dykes on 12:51 - Aug 22 by Esox_Lucius

Random musing... if you are at work and going about your usual workload do you do it better with all your workmates criticising you and shouting abuse? or is it more inspiring when they get behind you and support what you are doing, even if it isn't going as well as you would like and you know it?
Asking for a Scotstrailian.

In a professional environment you'll develop better with both praise when it's merited and constructive criticism when it's due. Lyndon has had both on this thread.
Lyndon Dykes on 00:07 - Aug 23 with 3317 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Lyndon Dykes on 13:34 - Aug 22 by LythamR

Of course they can but by the same token people are allowed to offer a defence are they not?

Provided that it's a coherent, lucid defence based on facts as opposed to cancel culture favourites such as "Why criticise?", "I think he's really missing Charlie boo-hoo", "Do you have £5m to spend", "It was the wrong type of snow", or "He's been warned not to score because the electrical grid in West London can't cope with the spike in electricity".
[Post edited 23 Aug 2022 0:22]
Lyndon Dykes on 00:14 - Aug 23 with 3312 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Wild rumours?

Don't believe everything that you read, especially from the pinnacle of journalism that is Construction News. Absolutely no chance of a ban on new homes until 2035 in favour of data centres.

Use your loaf and eyes instead. The A40 from White City to Park Royal is awash with new housing and hotels. Data centres can always be moved; they'd be more secure and resilient outside of London anyway.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2022 0:20]
Lyndon Dykes on 01:06 - Aug 23 with 3278 viewsDannyPaddox

Lyndon Dykes on 21:44 - Aug 22 by distortR

If I was Dykes.when the ball came to me, I'd just biff it into the net.

He’s thinking about it
Lyndon Dykes on 10:02 - Aug 23 with 3021 viewsSouthallRanger

Interesting discussion this turned into. I agree with the support players at stadium and have healthy discussions out of ground and on forums like this one.

The Blackpool game hit me hard for some reason as well. Felt a fellow supporter bond that it seemed to have the same effect on Clive and others.

I kept on cursing the dykes missed chances for about 4 days. Haven’t seen highlights of Rotherham to know his performance there.

Personally I always hold hope that these things are confidence related. Dykes has shown spurts of good form in the past. I’m hopeful he can turn it around.

One of the reasons I personally try not to dig out our players on places like here is that I have a half feeling backed up by some interviews like undr the cosh that some players do see social media and might visit forums. Others might be good at switching off and avoiding it. If I only trained for x hours a day and had a fair amount of spare time I’d be tempted.

But overall. Let’s say there are x hundred thousand QPR fans. You will never all agree, so let’s not try to gag or police each other. The best thing to do is let people have their say and respect each other’s opinions. We can always debate the opinions… just don’t try to police each other unless someone is saying something properly out of order
[Post edited 23 Aug 2022 10:07]
Lyndon Dykes on 10:03 - Aug 23 with 3020 viewsNortholt_Rs

Lyndon Dykes on 01:06 - Aug 23 by DannyPaddox

He’s thinking about it

Beale “Lyndon, when you get the ball just biff it into the net”. Sorted.

Lyndon Dykes on 13:40 - Aug 23 with 2859 viewsR_from_afar

Lyndon Dykes on 00:14 - Aug 23 by Benny_the_Ball

Don't believe everything that you read, especially from the pinnacle of journalism that is Construction News. Absolutely no chance of a ban on new homes until 2035 in favour of data centres.

Use your loaf and eyes instead. The A40 from White City to Park Royal is awash with new housing and hotels. Data centres can always be moved; they'd be more secure and resilient outside of London anyway.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2022 0:20]

Don't believe everything that you read, especially from the pinnacle of journalism that is Construction News.

>> I should imagine that those who produce the publication you are rubbishing know quite a bit about construction related issues, which this is. In any case, I also wrote: "The story was also published by The Times, The FT, The Telegraph...". I originally came across it in Computing.

Absolutely no chance of a ban on new homes until 2035 in favour of data centres.

>> I didn't say that data centres were being given priority over housing. The issue is that data centres which are already in place and operating are so power hungry that they are making it difficult to add new buildings, commercial or residential.

>> It may all be a storm in a teacup but this is not something I dreamt up in my bedroom. A wide variety of reputable sources are writing about it. I hope it's not true. We'll see.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Lyndon Dykes on 13:46 - Aug 23 with 2834 viewsR_from_afar

Lyndon Dykes on 23:09 - Aug 22 by distortR

it's almost as if these privatised industries have been more concerned with bonus's and dividends then the needs of the country....................
No new reservoirs in 40 years
etc etc

Indeed. Over 70% of the shareholders of our water companies are from overseas. Interesting.

To be fair to the water companies, I did hear that one (1) new reservoir has recently been built.

The irony is that if more reservoirs were built in a pumped storage configuration - with a sluice and turbines in between two lakes, one at a higher elevation than the other - it would not only help counter droughts but would also give us an additional source of green energy. We do already have pumped storage power stations in the UK.

Lyndon Dykes on 13:53 - Aug 23 with 2805 viewsR_from_afar

Lyndon Dykes on 23:14 - Aug 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

Genuine question a RfA, would a new 30,000 seater stadium use less leccy than a 120 year old 18,000 one?

Good point, I think it probably would. I'd hope that any new stadium we do build - whenever the heck that might be - would have solar panels on it and battery storage, but even without that, I would expect the lighting and heating to be much more efficient than in our old but beloved home. The offices and back rooms of any new stadium would also surely be better insulated. Hopefully, anyway.

Lyndon Dykes on 13:54 - Aug 23 with 2797 viewsRangersDave

This can and will only get worse.....

Reservoirs for example...... loads of houses being built, but no one takes into proper consideration the need for water storage (reservoirs) to 'feed' these multi hundreds, nee thousands of homes developement.

Near me, there is a housing estate of 500 houses going up, and one of 300+ as well.

So thats 800 houses trying to get water from the existing reservoirs. This is being compounded up and down the country, day in , day out.
No one thinks, 'hold on, shouldnt we be saying to the greedy bloody developers...."yes, you can have planning permission for your development, but not until you have built a brand new, sub surface, reservoir to service these homes! No reservoir, no planning permission"

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Lyndon Dykes on 14:10 - Aug 23 with 2768 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Lyndon Dykes on 13:54 - Aug 23 by RangersDave

This can and will only get worse.....

Reservoirs for example...... loads of houses being built, but no one takes into proper consideration the need for water storage (reservoirs) to 'feed' these multi hundreds, nee thousands of homes developement.

Near me, there is a housing estate of 500 houses going up, and one of 300+ as well.

So thats 800 houses trying to get water from the existing reservoirs. This is being compounded up and down the country, day in , day out.
No one thinks, 'hold on, shouldnt we be saying to the greedy bloody developers...."yes, you can have planning permission for your development, but not until you have built a brand new, sub surface, reservoir to service these homes! No reservoir, no planning permission"

The way this thread has developed, there's growing evidence of a causal link between Dykes' inability to biff it in and: a reduction in reservoir levels; Russia's invasion of Ukraine; cost of living crisis; global warming; a resurgence of right wing nationalism; and a restriction on the rapacious development of West London.

No pressure Lyndon if you're reading...

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024