Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lyndon Dykes 20:20 - Aug 6 with 82513 viewsNortholt_Rs

Credit where it’s due - I thought he had an excellent game today.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Lyndon Dykes on 18:19 - Nov 9 with 5369 viewsDamo1962

Lyndon Dykes on 11:25 - Nov 9 by gobbles

For the first goal, the guy who won the header ran between Field and Laird. For the second goal (which I still can't believe Dieng's effort to get back), the lack of challenge from Iroegbunam is terrible.

I think if Richards gets some more games, Tim might be warming the bench when JoJo is back. Underwhelming loan for me so far.
Lyndon Dykes on 18:31 - Nov 9 with 5351 viewsbosh67

For me Dykes reminds me a lot of Zamora. He is a similar type of player. Works really hard but isn't a natural goalscorer/predator. Zamora was a great foil for Austin but on his own was often isolated up front when Austin was injured, if anyone remembers that? Armstrong could come good very soon in terms of starting to score but if we had a natural goalscorer alongside Dykes then we would have a great front two. He is mostly unproven but I wonder if we will get Archer from Villa in January? As I say, not proven but touted as a natural finisher.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Lyndon Dykes on 20:31 - Nov 12 with 5132 viewsNortholt_Rs

I think that’s now 25 away games since Dykes scored which is a horrible stat. 25!!!!!! By stark contrast Viktor Gyökeres was the b ollox today….

Lyndon Dykes on 20:55 - Nov 12 with 5056 viewsDiscodroids

No slight on Dykes but imo if we had a 2022 version of Billy Whitehurst, Ray Hankin, David Cross, Mick Harford, Peter Withe or even a poxy Lee Chapman, this team would be top 6 End of season. No doubt.

We need a knuckle duster up front. asap.

A Number One.

Lyndon Dykes on 21:41 - Nov 12 with 4945 viewsDamo1962

Lyndon Dykes on 20:31 - Nov 12 by Northolt_Rs

I think that’s now 25 away games since Dykes scored which is a horrible stat. 25!!!!!! By stark contrast Viktor Gyökeres was the b ollox today….

Wow 😲 That is a shameful stat, yet the club seem unwilling to do anything about it. Porous defence and no attacking threat...always ends badly.
Lyndon Dykes on 22:38 - Nov 12 with 4895 viewsdaveB

I thought Dykes was fine today, worked hard but had little to no support, service to him was non existent, he was the least of our problems
Lyndon Dykes on 02:11 - Nov 13 with 4764 viewsboysfromthebush

Thought Dykes was our best player, and I'm his biggest critic. Worked hard and won every ball he could.
Lyndon Dykes on 12:58 - Nov 13 with 4485 viewsCamberleyR

Lyndon Dykes on 21:41 - Nov 12 by Damo1962

Wow 😲 That is a shameful stat, yet the club seem unwilling to do anything about it. Porous defence and no attacking threat...always ends badly.

So what do you suggest they do? The owners write a cheque every month of about £1.5m a month to balance the books. The upkeep of our aging stadium is a drain on finances.

Without a significant player sale for a couple of seasons Clive has spoken time and again that the finances for the playing staff budget are tighter than a gnat's waistcoat. Dykes himself only came here when there was a bit of wiggle room in the budget after the Eze sale.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

Lyndon Dykes on 13:08 - Nov 13 with 4450 viewstraininvain

Dykes has scored 6 goals this season and he’s probably on course for 12-15 goals if he stays fit. The top scorers in the league are on 9 goals so he’s not far behind.

Personally I don’t think Dykes is the problem. He has 6 goals in the last 9 games. The issue is that goals from Chair, Willock and our midfielders have completely dried up over the past few weeks.
Lyndon Dykes on 14:34 - Nov 13 with 4353 viewsNortholt_Rs

Lyndon Dykes on 12:58 - Nov 13 by CamberleyR

So what do you suggest they do? The owners write a cheque every month of about £1.5m a month to balance the books. The upkeep of our aging stadium is a drain on finances.

Without a significant player sale for a couple of seasons Clive has spoken time and again that the finances for the playing staff budget are tighter than a gnat's waistcoat. Dykes himself only came here when there was a bit of wiggle room in the budget after the Eze sale.

They have to fork out that money because of their previous incompetence including the FFP debacle which happened under their watch. When they came in we’d just been promoted to the Prem League…. We are where we are today because of the owners. It’s as simple as that. MB has performed miracles with this squad - we’ve gone from a strike-force of Dykes, Chazza and Gray to Dykes, Bonne and Armstrong. Does anybody truly believe those three are going to score the goals to get us promoted? Really? Combine that with the fact we have no money due to FFP so the only players we pick up are old and/or habitual sick notes….what chance has MB really got? I bet he wishes he took the Wolves job now….

Lyndon Dykes on 16:56 - Nov 16 with 4104 viewsdmm

Dykes starts for Scotland in a friendly v Turkey.

Edit: the Turkey manager's name is Kuntz
[Post edited 16 Nov 2022 17:10]
Lyndon Dykes on 17:19 - Nov 16 with 4072 viewsWestbourneR

Lyndon Dykes on 16:56 - Nov 16 by dmm

I take it you weren't around for Euro '96

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Lyndon Dykes on 17:34 - Nov 16 with 4010 viewsdmm

Lyndon Dykes on 17:19 - Nov 16 by WestbourneR

Ah yes. He was the striker for Germany back then. I'd completely forgotten.
Lyndon Dykes on 17:44 - Nov 16 with 3989 viewsSimplyNico

Lyndon Dykes on 16:56 - Nov 16 by dmm

https://lettersofnote.com/2009/10/28/we-all-feel-like-that-now-and-then/

Worth a read in relation to that surname
Lyndon Dykes on 23:25 - Dec 26 with 3509 viewsNortholt_Rs

I’ll take the draw but we looked poor tonight and toothless again…. LD was woeful.

Lyndon Dykes on 23:32 - Dec 26 with 3457 viewsgobbles

Lyndon Dykes on 17:19 - Nov 16 by WestbourneR

Had goal disallowed in the England semi-final and was a source of fun on Fantasy Football League
Lyndon Dykes on 07:36 - Dec 27 with 3082 viewsgazza1

Didn't get too much service but he was very poor, touched it 4 times in the first 30 minutes or so........NC will see that it is a major issue.
Lyndon Dykes on 09:02 - Dec 27 with 2910 viewsdmm

It's the same old conversation we've had before. Is Dykes useless or is there a problem with the service to him? I tend to be in the latter camp but I probably give him more leeway than others.

He's a limited striker and won't make many goals for himself. However, play to his strengths, and he will find the back of the net more often. Opportunities don't come often for him given the reliance we put on our two no 10s.

I hope Critchley can bring a balance to our approach play that supplies all our forwards with goal scoring chances.
Lyndon Dykes on 09:08 - Dec 27 with 2900 viewsLogman

I know we have been away but Laird and Paal have hardly got out of our own half in the last two games. If we can get these two going on runs then it really helps us to get behind teams out wide where we can get 2 or 3 players meaningfully attacking the ball in the area and with the possibility of getting on the end of clear cut chances right in front of goal.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2022 9:09]
Lyndon Dykes on 10:38 - Dec 27 with 2718 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Lyndon Dykes on 09:02 - Dec 27 by dmm

It's the same old conversation we've had before. Is Dykes useless or is there a problem with the service to him? I tend to be in the latter camp but I probably give him more leeway than others.

He's a limited striker and won't make many goals for himself. However, play to his strengths, and he will find the back of the net more often. Opportunities don't come often for him given the reliance we put on our two no 10s.

I hope Critchley can bring a balance to our approach play that supplies all our forwards with goal scoring chances.

Well put.

I wonder if playing two out-and-our strikers up top might be an option. Of course, seeing as we’re struggling to find one from the current options in our locker, finding a second striker might be a challenge well beyond us.

The chubby chap at Ibrox could do us a fave and bring him back over the wall for anything we can get.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Lyndon Dykes on 11:22 - Dec 27 with 2595 viewsParkRoyalR

We are a much better team with Dykes on the pitch.

We've seen with Bonne and Roberts what 1.5m to 4m buys and it's not as good as Dykes.

Dykes was isolated yesterday as with no real penetration from Full-Backs and no Chair we struggled to control the ball in the final third.

Very average game from Dykes but I'd be surprised to see Roberts put that near post diving header in and risk a likely kick in the head to get a goal for our team.
Lyndon Dykes on 11:37 - Dec 27 with 2562 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Lyndon Dykes on 11:22 - Dec 27 by ParkRoyalR

We are a much better team with Dykes on the pitch.

We've seen with Bonne and Roberts what 1.5m to 4m buys and it's not as good as Dykes.

Dykes was isolated yesterday as with no real penetration from Full-Backs and no Chair we struggled to control the ball in the final third.

Very average game from Dykes but I'd be surprised to see Roberts put that near post diving header in and risk a likely kick in the head to get a goal for our team.

I think you’re right.

There’s a certain way to play with Dykes, and that’s feeding him. After that he can run around a bit and try to make a nuisance of himself. I doubt many centre halves go to bed at night in the foetal position clutching their fave teddy bear worrying about facing him the next day.

Injuries aside, to be honest I thought we were getting more Duncan Ferguson than Sarah Ferguson. In many respects I wish we had her up front as she’s a better bet for a toe-poke than Lyndon.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Lyndon Dykes on 12:24 - Dec 27 with 2413 viewsloftboy

Lyndon Dykes on 21:41 - Nov 12 by Damo1962

Porous defence!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Lyndon Dykes on 12:37 - Dec 27 with 2351 viewsStanisgod

Lyndon Dykes on 11:37 - Dec 27 by PlanetHonneywood

I think you’re right.

There’s a certain way to play with Dykes, and that’s feeding him. After that he can run around a bit and try to make a nuisance of himself. I doubt many centre halves go to bed at night in the foetal position clutching their fave teddy bear worrying about facing him the next day.

Injuries aside, to be honest I thought we were getting more Duncan Ferguson than Sarah Ferguson. In many respects I wish we had her up front as she’s a better bet for a toe-poke than Lyndon.

Corners were woeful last night, first man continually hit which doesnt help, but he had a free header on a plate and missed.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Lyndon Dykes on 12:48 - Dec 27 with 2317 viewsdannyblue

Dykes was up against a slight 5'10 out-of-position Perry Ng yesterday. If ever a game called for putting it the mixer it was this one. We were about an inch taller across the board at every corner. Really should have at least tried to take advantage of that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024