Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leon Balogun 09:26 - Sep 15 with 2661 viewsDWQPR

Caught a bit of Talksport this morning with Ali McCoist talking about the Rangers (Glasgow version) match last night and generally the results over the last three matches. Questioned the recruitment policy and in particular who was responsible for letting go of Balogun during the summer who it seemed was a real lynchpin in their defence. Nice to hear and based on his performance last night could quite understand his sentiments.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Leon Balogun on 09:37 - Sep 15 with 2560 viewsDoudou87

I was at a wedding last week and got chatting to a Rangers fan, said exactly the same thing everyone was shocked to hear he wasn’t staying on and since then the defence has looked the same. He described him as a pacey and composed defender which I think we saw last night.

Very noticeable seeing him having words with individuals in and off the pitch.

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Leon Balogun on 09:45 - Sep 15 with 2517 viewsbosh67

Just turned 34 but in incredible shape. The kind of player who looks like he's easily got a few more seasons in him at this level.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Leon Balogun on 09:50 - Sep 15 with 2473 viewsLanhoop

Only saw the match on the red button but he looked impressive. Can we hope for the new Ryan Nelson?
Leon Balogun on 09:54 - Sep 15 with 2422 viewsNottsQPR

Leon Balogun on 09:50 - Sep 15 by Lanhoop

Only saw the match on the red button but he looked impressive. Can we hope for the new Ryan Nelson?

I also watched in the red button and found it hard to distinguish Balogun and Dunne when you couldn’t see their backs! Picture quality so poor. However, thought back line as a whole were 8.5:10
Leon Balogun on 10:18 - Sep 15 with 2282 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I was very suprised by how quick he looked, I had to check his age on wiki.

He seems to manage about 20 games a season on average, if he plays like that for 20ish more I'll be delighted.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Leon Balogun on 10:29 - Sep 15 with 2183 viewsQPROslo

I was well impressed by Balogun too. Great full debut, didn't seem to put a foot wrong. Read the game well, quick, strong in duels in the air and on the ground, good passer of the ball, and looked to be organising at the back and giving advice to Roberts anyway after the game.
Leon Balogun on 10:48 - Sep 15 with 2037 viewswestberksr

looked very composed and appears to have all the attributes required for CB in the EFL.

midway through second half won one header in particular where their player may as well not been there; very strong and can play a bit.

we've seen over the years that CB is possibly the least age dependent position with the likes of Dunne, Hill, Nelson etc showing that positioning, experience, a loud voice and a willing partner allows you to drag out a few extra years.
Leon Balogun on 10:49 - Sep 15 with 2027 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Thought he looked really good. Great pass to Willock in the build up to the corner that led to the 2nd goal.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Leon Balogun on 11:02 - Sep 15 with 1909 viewsfrancisbowles

Very good performance from him. With Dickie and Clarke Salter injured, can we get another out of him on Saturday? Hope so, same goes for Johansen too.
Leon Balogun on 11:37 - Sep 15 with 1696 viewsToast_R

Super Stefan Johansen was on TS earlier talking to Jim White. A lot of praise for Willock and said how bad his (Willock) injury was last season, he's still only feeling his way back so a lot more to come from him in his opinion. They then moved on to w@anking over Haaland and SJ reckons his fellow countryman can get over 50 goals this season
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024