Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread 19:02 - Sep 29 with 20983 viewsHullDale

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 20:41 - Oct 4 with 3303 viewsblackdogblue

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 19:09 - Oct 4 by 442Dale

Not sure that’s affecting our attendances in a big way one way or another though, plenty will have individual reasons.

Also, wasn’t aware of the specific rules in place. Have they been clarified? Possibly worth bringing up via the Trust now there’s a new board in place who may be able to look into a smoking area at half time.

Hi 442,

Have done & the club & fell on deaf ears…

I know this puts a lot of people off going, especially my age / era…

If people don’t smoke I respect that totally & don’t want to go through a cloud of smoke getting for a pint at half time.

But for many of us older fans who do, there should be some provision..

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 20:50 - Oct 4 with 3262 views442Dale

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 20:41 - Oct 4 by blackdogblue

Hi 442,

Have done & the club & fell on deaf ears…

I know this puts a lot of people off going, especially my age / era…

If people don’t smoke I respect that totally & don’t want to go through a cloud of smoke getting for a pint at half time.

But for many of us older fans who do, there should be some provision..

Was it put to the current board too? Presumably they can’t have had many fans stop going completely for this reason, otherwise they’d act on the info and look at ways to make it work like other clubs as you’ve mentioned.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 21:25 - Oct 4 with 3175 viewsblackdogblue

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 20:50 - Oct 4 by 442Dale

Was it put to the current board too? Presumably they can’t have had many fans stop going completely for this reason, otherwise they’d act on the info and look at ways to make it work like other clubs as you’ve mentioned.

Tbh no.. it was pre covid and actually might be wrong.. the last time the trust members were asked for questions I am pretty sure I asked again but not raised…

I must not be the only smoker on here… Last time I raised this got shot down… you can’t go 90 minutes without a fag??

Yes I can but In equality… why should I?…

I smoke & my choice.. why I am being penalised for those who don’t?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 21:35 - Oct 4 with 3167 viewsmikehunt

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 19:04 - Oct 4 by 442Dale

Chesterfield, Notts County and Wrexham are all former league clubs who are currently in the top three. Their average attendances this season are:
Chesterfield 6998, Wrexham 9874, Notts C 6737.

Looking at mid-table, Southend are averaging 5570.

The two relegated clubs last season: Scunthorpe 2901 (2781 last year), Oldham 7650 (4924 last year, though obviously owner issues)

You’d lose that bet!

He he. But that is a surprise and shows it may not be all doom and gloom, attendance-wise, should we go down.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 21:36 - Oct 4 with 3157 views442Dale

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 21:25 - Oct 4 by blackdogblue

Tbh no.. it was pre covid and actually might be wrong.. the last time the trust members were asked for questions I am pretty sure I asked again but not raised…

I must not be the only smoker on here… Last time I raised this got shot down… you can’t go 90 minutes without a fag??

Yes I can but In equality… why should I?…

I smoke & my choice.. why I am being penalised for those who don’t?

Definitely worth asking again. Not sure the club are looking to penalise anyone and it might be for various reasons there isn’t an area at half time for smokers.

Could be having to set it up if outside the ground and the stewarding. Their analysis and possibly fan feedback might be that there isn’t sufficient demand for it and very few supporters consider it a requirement. See what the Trust can find out.

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 09:46 - Oct 5 with 2777 viewsAtThePeake

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 21:35 - Oct 4 by mikehunt

He he. But that is a surprise and shows it may not be all doom and gloom, attendance-wise, should we go down.

I think people under-estimate how committed we are as fans!

Tangled up in blue.

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 14:30 - Oct 6 with 2262 viewssamueloneils

Re the argument about home attendances.

To me the fall is simply due to the fact that we have the worst home win percentage of any team in the Football League- over the last 3+ seasons.

I have the statistics if anyone is interested.

The WORST !!!!!

What do we expect? Not everyone is a diehard fan. Home wins keep the fans happy.
Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 15:33 - Oct 6 with 2110 viewsTVOS1907

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 14:30 - Oct 6 by samueloneils

To me the fall is simply due to the fact that we have the worst home win percentage of any team in the Football League- over the last 3+ seasons.

The WORST !!!!!

What do we expect? Not everyone is a diehard fan. Home wins keep the fans happy.

While that has some merit, as has already been pointed out, in our 2013/14 promotion season, the average number of home fans per game was only a little over 200 more than it is now.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 16:56 - Oct 6 with 1958 viewssamueloneils

If you want a clear analysis of what is wrong with the current team on the pitch, read Billy Rudd`s assessment on his post on this thread on Oct 2nd.

That comes from an experienced pro who remembers the basics of success. It`s all there.
I don`t believe things have changed that much when it comes to the basics. Fitness levels and training may have improved, but team layout should still be a priority. It presupposes you have the right players of course

I don`t believe this squad is incapable of surviving in League 2, but the right players need to be on the teamsheet. If EEL and Nelson are back and Kelly is forced to play (and stay) further forward, stop Rodney falling back to the defence, then I would expect to see a great improvement.

If Billy Rudd ever decides to come out of retirement as the oldest manager in the Football League, he will get my wholehearted support.

Up the Dale.
Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 17:34 - Oct 6 with 1858 viewsTVOS1907

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 16:56 - Oct 6 by samueloneils

If you want a clear analysis of what is wrong with the current team on the pitch, read Billy Rudd`s assessment on his post on this thread on Oct 2nd.

That comes from an experienced pro who remembers the basics of success. It`s all there.
I don`t believe things have changed that much when it comes to the basics. Fitness levels and training may have improved, but team layout should still be a priority. It presupposes you have the right players of course

I don`t believe this squad is incapable of surviving in League 2, but the right players need to be on the teamsheet. If EEL and Nelson are back and Kelly is forced to play (and stay) further forward, stop Rodney falling back to the defence, then I would expect to see a great improvement.

If Billy Rudd ever decides to come out of retirement as the oldest manager in the Football League, he will get my wholehearted support.

Up the Dale.

You mean that's the really Billy Rudd posting on here?

It'll be Dennis Butler next.

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 17:36 - Oct 6 with 1854 views442Dale

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 17:34 - Oct 6 by TVOS1907

You mean that's the really Billy Rudd posting on here?

It'll be Dennis Butler next.

Are you claiming you do the programme?

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 17:57 - Oct 6 with 1816 viewsTVOS1907

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 17:36 - Oct 6 by 442Dale

Are you claiming you do the programme?

Only if I post about the 1969 version.

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 18:08 - Oct 6 with 1802 viewsDaleiLama

To avoid any confusion, I confess to being the real DaleiLama. This was my shameful pitch invasion in 2012 (Aldershot away). I won't do it again. Honest.

[Post edited 6 Oct 2022 18:08]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 19:06 - Oct 6 with 1718 viewsD_Alien

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 18:08 - Oct 6 by DaleiLama

To avoid any confusion, I confess to being the real DaleiLama. This was my shameful pitch invasion in 2012 (Aldershot away). I won't do it again. Honest.

[Post edited 6 Oct 2022 18:08]

Its only a matter of time, since you'll be round again in your next life

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 19:53 - Oct 6 with 1649 viewskel

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 16:56 - Oct 6 by samueloneils

Up the Dale.

You’re taking the piss I assume?
Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 20:49 - Oct 6 with 1547 viewsBrierls

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 19:53 - Oct 6 by kel

You’re taking the piss I assume?

Errrrrr I don’t think he/she/it is!
Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 21:34 - Oct 6 with 1454 views49thseason

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 14:30 - Oct 6 by samueloneils

The WORST !!!!!

Attendances may not be falling dramatically but they are not increasing despite more marketing than ever before . Looking at the results since 2017 / 18 its has been exceedingly thin gruel as far as spectators are concerned. We actually have a slightly better GPG ratio away from home.

Wins:
Home 17/18- 6 (24 goals)
Home 18/19 -8 (25 goals)
Home 19/20 -5 (19 goals)
Home 20/21 -4 (27 goals)
Home 21/22 -7 (28 goals)
Home 22/23 -0 (3 goals) (total - 113 games 128 goals 1.13 Goals per game )

Away 17/18 -5 (25 Goals)
Away 18/19 -7 (29 Goals)
Away 19/20 -5 (20 Goals)
Away 20/21 -7 (34 Goals)
Away 21/22 -5 (23 Goals)
Away 22/23 -1 (4 Goals) (total- 116 Games 135 goals 1.16 goals per game)

Total from 229 games ....Wins = 60 Draws =66, Lose = 103 263 goals - 1.15 goals per game scored.... 356 goals conceded at 1.55 goals per game.

The conclusion is simple, we do not score enough goals, whether this is because of a lack of attacking talent, or an emphasis on defending by previous (and probably current) managers I don't know. but I do know that crowds don't turn up in droves to watch teams that only score 1 goal per game and cant keep clean sheets.
Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 22:02 - Oct 6 with 1404 views442Dale

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 21:34 - Oct 6 by 49thseason

Attendances may not be falling dramatically but they are not increasing despite more marketing than ever before . Looking at the results since 2017 / 18 its has been exceedingly thin gruel as far as spectators are concerned. We actually have a slightly better GPG ratio away from home.

Wins:
Home 17/18- 6 (24 goals)
Home 18/19 -8 (25 goals)
Home 19/20 -5 (19 goals)
Home 20/21 -4 (27 goals)
Home 21/22 -7 (28 goals)

Away 17/18 -5 (25 Goals)
Away 18/19 -7 (29 Goals)
Away 19/20 -5 (20 Goals)
Away 20/21 -7 (34 Goals)
Away 21/22 -5 (23 Goals)

Total from 229 games ....Wins = 60 Draws =66, Lose = 103 263 goals - 1.15 goals per game scored.... 356 goals conceded at 1.55 goals per game.

The conclusion is simple, we do not score enough goals, whether this is because of a lack of attacking talent, or an emphasis on defending by previous (and probably current) managers I don't know. but I do know that crowds don't turn up in droves to watch teams that only score 1 goal per game and cant keep clean sheets.

The debate is going off-track somewhat. It has been established that:
1) Dale’s crowds fluctuate without dropping or rising significantly, despite either riding high in L1 or being bottom of L2. See previous posts around games where significant amounts of goals were being scored.

2) clubs who have dropped into non-league have not seen a significant drop in attendances across the board. In fact, some are better supported.

This points to any opinion around the club facing the end of its existence if we are relegated to be without factual substance and completely over exaggerated.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2022 22:05]

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 22:12 - Oct 6 with 1373 viewsTVOS1907

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 21:34 - Oct 6 by 49thseason

Wins:
Home 17/18- 6 (24 goals)
Home 18/19 -8 (25 goals)
Home 19/20 -5 (19 goals)
Home 20/21 -4 (27 goals)
Home 21/22 -7 (28 goals)

Away 17/18 -5 (25 Goals)
Away 18/19 -7 (29 Goals)
Away 19/20 -5 (20 Goals)
Away 20/21 -7 (34 Goals)
Away 21/22 -5 (23 Goals)

You're absolutely right, of course, but my quoting of some recent attendance figures was to put into context dalenet's claim that we have lost 1,000 fans.

The facts and figures show we haven't, because they weren't really there in the first place.

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 22:24 - Oct 6 with 1360 views49thseason

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 22:02 - Oct 6 by 442Dale

The debate is going off-track somewhat. It has been established that:
1) Dale’s crowds fluctuate without dropping or rising significantly, despite either riding high in L1 or being bottom of L2. See previous posts around games where significant amounts of goals were being scored.

2) clubs who have dropped into non-league have not seen a significant drop in attendances across the board. In fact, some are better supported.

This points to any opinion around the club facing the end of its existence if we are relegated to be without factual substance and completely over exaggerated.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2022 22:05]

I guess it pretty much depends on how successful the club is at any level and whether its perceived to be a value for money watch. Getting Fans in after a relegation from L2 would , in my opinion be difficult if the downwards plummet were to continue. Maybe if there are more goals scored and the games are generally entertaining and we were to find ourselves in a promotion race at the top , more would be interested in having a look. but if its dreary 1-0 , 1-1, 0-1 games and no significant progress I truly think it will be hard to sustain the club on 2000 gates or less and nothing from the EFL. It would require yet another team rebuilding exercise. It seems we would also run into many of the same problems we have now, mainly a lack of funds and facilities....

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2022/may/14/football-best-academy-play
Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 22:28 - Oct 6 with 1340 views442Dale

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 22:24 - Oct 6 by 49thseason

I guess it pretty much depends on how successful the club is at any level and whether its perceived to be a value for money watch. Getting Fans in after a relegation from L2 would , in my opinion be difficult if the downwards plummet were to continue. Maybe if there are more goals scored and the games are generally entertaining and we were to find ourselves in a promotion race at the top , more would be interested in having a look. but if its dreary 1-0 , 1-1, 0-1 games and no significant progress I truly think it will be hard to sustain the club on 2000 gates or less and nothing from the EFL. It would require yet another team rebuilding exercise. It seems we would also run into many of the same problems we have now, mainly a lack of funds and facilities....

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2022/may/14/football-best-academy-play

So yeah, we’d have to budget accordingly. Like we always have tried to do.

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 23:34 - Oct 6 with 1215 viewsJames1980

We aren't down yet. But I refuse to believe Dale will be the first league club to disappear completely since New Brighton in the 1950s

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 23:48 - Oct 6 with 1192 views442Dale

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 23:34 - Oct 6 by James1980

We aren't down yet. But I refuse to believe Dale will be the first league club to disappear completely since New Brighton in the 1950s

Of course we won’t, James. And you’re right we are far from down and there’s no reason why we should.

It’s that after more or less every defeat, there seems to be posts aplenty saying we’re either going down or if we do then it’s the end of all things. That’s when evidence is supplied to the contrary and it’s all conveniently forgotten about.

Until the next defeat.

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 00:19 - Oct 7 with 1173 viewsJames1980

Doncaster Rovers (h) Match Thread on 23:48 - Oct 6 by 442Dale

Of course we won’t, James. And you’re right we are far from down and there’s no reason why we should.

It’s that after more or less every defeat, there seems to be posts aplenty saying we’re either going down or if we do then it’s the end of all things. That’s when evidence is supplied to the contrary and it’s all conveniently forgotten about.

Until the next defeat.

Who knows when that might be, hopefully not too soon.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024