Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged 16:50 - Oct 17 with 31036 viewsMarjorie_Plane

Guilty as charged. Let the facts do the talking. this is not harassment but reporting of facts. GUILTY. You have caused us pain and hardship David for all your wrong doings. I hope this is a real warning to those that want to employ you in the future.

For all those that defended you, scurry away to your crevices.

Guilty!
David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 16:57 - Oct 17 with 12605 viewsRAFCBLUE

According to the EFL's statement, Bottomley pleaded guilty to the charges as did all other parties.

https://www.efl.com/news/2022/october/efl-statement-rochdale-afc--morton-house/

""All parties, who are also required to meet the Commission’s costs. pleaded guilty to the charges at a hearing in September 2022 and have 14 days to appeal."

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 17:36 - Oct 17 with 12445 viewsRAFCBLUE

BBC have been quick to report:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63287998

"Dale pleaded guilty, with former CEO David Bottomley given a two-year ban from operating as a relevant person.

Bottomley, who has since worked chief operating officer at National League North side AFC Fylde, left Dale in June 2021 having been voted off the board by shareholders."

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 17:36 - Oct 17 with 12444 viewsR17ALE

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 16:57 - Oct 17 by RAFCBLUE

According to the EFL's statement, Bottomley pleaded guilty to the charges as did all other parties.

https://www.efl.com/news/2022/october/efl-statement-rochdale-afc--morton-house/

""All parties, who are also required to meet the Commission’s costs. pleaded guilty to the charges at a hearing in September 2022 and have 14 days to appeal."

Hopefully he will be pursued through the courts and punished adequately with all costs awarded against him. I hope he reflects on what he has done too, and realises that his own actions have destroyed his life, and the lives of others just in pursuit of money. For him to end up with none will be a fitting conclusion.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 17:38 - Oct 17 with 12435 viewsRAFCBLUE

Rochdale Online:

https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/4/sport-news/148516/former-rochda

"Former Rochdale AFC chief executive David Bottomley, Andrew Curran and Darrell Rose banned from football for two years"

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 17:46 - Oct 17 with 12376 viewsR17ALE

That picture on Rochdale online reminds me of George Ferguson, the bastard on hit 90s show Band of Gold, and we know how he ended up.

https://www.diomedia.com/stock-photo-tony-doyle-british-actor-stars-in-the-bbc-d
[Post edited 17 Oct 2022 17:46]

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 17:48 - Oct 17 with 12334 viewskel

Penny for the thoughts of “lifelong Dale fan” Grindrod tonight?
David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 18:30 - Oct 17 with 12144 viewsJames1980

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 17:48 - Oct 17 by kel

I'm going to go out on a limb and say he fell for the spin of the toy price fixer

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 18:34 - Oct 17 with 12111 viewsfitzochris

This man swore to me with hand on heart that he would never do anything to jeopardise the club.

Today categorically proves different.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 18:36 - Oct 17 with 12090 viewskel

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 18:30 - Oct 17 by James1980

I'm going to go out on a limb and say he fell for the spin of the toy price fixer

Not sure you’re correct there.
David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 18:48 - Oct 17 with 12022 viewsRAFCBLUE

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 17:48 - Oct 17 by kel

Second penny for the thoughts of Graham Rawlinson tonight?

I've not seen Rawlinson at a game since June 2021 come to think of it....

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 19:03 - Oct 17 with 11916 viewsfitzochris

To be fair, he publicly showed he couldn’t be trusted with the clandestine extension of BBM’s contract, but this transcends that tenfold.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 19:48 - Oct 17 with 11742 viewsDaleiLama

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 18:34 - Oct 17 by fitzochris

This man swore to me with hand on heart that he would never do anything to jeopardise the club.

Today categorically proves different.

Aren't you supposed to swear on something important? Pffffffffft.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 19:55 - Oct 17 with 11713 viewsJames1980

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 18:36 - Oct 17 by kel

Not sure you’re correct there.

Well if he went into this with his eyes wide open. May he never darken the hallowed turf of Spotland again.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 19:57 - Oct 17 with 11704 viewsNorthernDale

I must say, I expected a 3 point deduction suspended for a year like what happened to Swindon, so 6 points suspended for 2 years seem slightly severe, perhaps we are an easy target for the EFL. May I ask does the point deduction and suspension relate to just the financial running of the club or other aspects of how the club is run?

At least the village halfwits running the EFL have made a decision and at the moment the matter is closed.

Does Bottomley ban apply to Flyde or not?
David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 20:06 - Oct 17 with 11632 viewsSandyman

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 19:57 - Oct 17 by NorthernDale

I must say, I expected a 3 point deduction suspended for a year like what happened to Swindon, so 6 points suspended for 2 years seem slightly severe, perhaps we are an easy target for the EFL. May I ask does the point deduction and suspension relate to just the financial running of the club or other aspects of how the club is run?

At least the village halfwits running the EFL have made a decision and at the moment the matter is closed.

Does Bottomley ban apply to Flyde or not?

"Following the conclusion of the Disciplinary Commission, the Club has been punished by the EFL with the following sanctions:
1) a suspended six-point deduction penalty which will be triggered if during the next two years, to October 2024, it commits any misconduct by failure to comply with the Owners’ and Directors’ Test (OADT) of the Football League."

Looks like its down to ownership issues, with regulations abused by Bottomley & Morton House.
David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 20:18 - Oct 17 with 11545 viewsEllDale

Am I right in thinking that, apart from an ongoing case between the club and a former employee that this is the end of investigations/litigation as far as Dale are concerned. I hope so, we’re all weary of it now, God knows how the board feel.
I’m still hoping HMRC are taking a look at things.
The suspended points deduction might look harsh but the club pleaded guilty and some sort of penalty had to be imposed if only pour encourager les autres as the saying goes.
Two years doesn’t seem too much for the MH gang but their cards are well and truly marked should they try and sneak in at another club in future.
David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 21:09 - Oct 17 with 11396 viewsjudd

Hasbro - illegal price fixing

Trends - bought out by partner

Asobi - ran from RAFC before being struck off by Companies House

RAFC - voted off board by shareholders, removed from office achieved in an uncompetitive contest, after which awarded an unregulated pay award whilst accepting furlough payments on behalf of the club as Chief executive .

Rochdale Development Association - "resigned" as a director

KFC Fylde - gone

Now has a ban for 2 years, the second highest ban ever handed down by the EFL, it would appear.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2022 21:11]

Poll: What is it to be then?

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 21:25 - Oct 17 with 11321 viewsD_Alien

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 21:09 - Oct 17 by judd

RAFC - voted off board by shareholders, removed from office achieved in an uncompetitive contest, after which awarded an unregulated pay award whilst accepting furlough payments on behalf of the club as Chief executive .

KFC Fylde - gone

Now has a ban for 2 years, the second highest ban ever handed down by the EFL, it would appear.

A tale of unlawfulness, incompetence and devastation, brought to a conclusion by the stalwart efforts of the fans and Board of Rochdale AFC

Where do you go from here, Bottomley? It should be to jail, where you can further contemplate "the law of the land"

Wherever you are, we'll be watching...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 21:28 - Oct 17 with 11302 viewsjudd

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 21:25 - Oct 17 by D_Alien

A tale of unlawfulness, incompetence and devastation, brought to a conclusion by the stalwart efforts of the fans and Board of Rochdale AFC

Where do you go from here, Bottomley? It should be to jail, where you can further contemplate "the law of the land"

Everything I refer to is in the public domain.

I know he reads this board avidly, so here's my message to him

Fook off, you banned tvvat.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2022 21:35]

Poll: What is it to be then?

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 21:39 - Oct 17 with 11248 viewsD_Alien

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 21:28 - Oct 17 by judd

Everything I refer to is in the public domain.

I know he reads this board avidly, so here's my message to him

Fook off, you banned tvvat.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2022 21:35]

And so say all of us!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 22:21 - Oct 17 with 11101 viewsRAFCBLUE

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 21:25 - Oct 17 by D_Alien

I noticed a short while ago that a thread regarding David Bottomley had been removed from this forum.

I suspect the technical term is "censored" but that is speculation on my part.

When the EFL say a participant entered a guilty plea, perhaps that is all that needs to be said.

Guilty.

"The law of the land" quoted at all of us for justification of what was to come:

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 22:30 - Oct 17 with 11064 viewsR17ALE

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 22:21 - Oct 17 by RAFCBLUE

I noticed a short while ago that a thread regarding David Bottomley had been removed from this forum.

I suspect the technical term is "censored" but that is speculation on my part.

When the EFL say a participant entered a guilty plea, perhaps that is all that needs to be said.

Guilty.

"The law of the land" quoted at all of us for justification of what was to come:

That "the law of the land" quote will haunt that criminal until he dies.

I wonder how Leanne feels to have unwittingly have danced with the devil.

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 00:05 - Oct 18 with 10907 viewsSandyman

The truth is, as I'm sure will be revealed in the full EFL summary, that, after an extremely thorough (and no doubt hugely talented) analysis by the EFL, only one former or current RAFC director was charged re: the attempted takeover outwith EFL regulations. That individual was found guilty. Several outsiders have been found guilty, only one former insider has.
Given past form, spin, lies, threats and manipulation are to be expected, but will be ignored.
The truth is out there and no amount of narcissistic jibber jabber will convince anyone otherwise.
Guilty as charged.
All his own doing.
Sue me for saying so. My legal protection insurance is excellent.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2022 0:15]
David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 09:09 - Oct 18 with 10461 viewsDaleiLama

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 21:09 - Oct 17 by judd

KFC Fylde - gone

Strange how none of that made it on to his linked in page.

His CV on there reads like something else.

My personal favourite: "Adopted best practices and implemented robust strategies to betterment of the business".

The board, fans, shareholders, the EFL and soon, hopefully, the courts may have opposing views on this

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

David Roger Bottomley - Guilty as charged on 09:51 - Oct 18 with 12316 viewsHullDale

MEN / Rochdale Observer delivering a strong headline and factually informed article.

It'll be interesting to see if that gets shared in various local business groups.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024