Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next manager 15:29 - Oct 19 with 15645 viewsDoudou87

Hard thread to start as i'm actually lost for words on this one, thought it was just the media clutching but sounds as if its true. Really poor timing, I hope Beale gets to see us through tonights game. Still banking on him turning down the job (wishful thinking) Anyway......next manager?

Kieran McKenna gets my vote!

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Next manager on 22:10 - Oct 19 with 2515 viewsBrazilNutR

Maybe we could add a quick extra promotion bonus to his contract to encourage him to stay..
If he leaves, the best he can do is keep Wolves in the prem.. no pre-season, has to jump on to a moving train and get instant results, surely not that attractive and if he fails it may take a long time to regain the reputation he is quickly building. Hoping that is how he thinks anyway.
Next manager on 22:16 - Oct 19 with 2343 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Next manager on 16:37 - Oct 19 by flynnbo

Braverman's available.

She'd only transfer half the squad to Rwanda.
Next manager on 22:19 - Oct 19 with 2276 viewsToast_R

Wouldn't mind betting we draw Wolves in the FA Cup
Next manager on 22:19 - Oct 19 with 2267 viewsLblock

As I noted before…. If someone at the club hasn’t got a load of profiles they are keeping an eye on as the next incumbent then there’s a dereliction of duty somewhere.

At this level it’s big”ish” business - succession and disaster recovery planning should be a regular thing.

I’m disappointed in Beale but not surprised.
It’ll be outrageous if he leaves but there you go - for me the Board need to show their mettle and be decisive.
1. Mick we need clarity - in or out
2. In? Good lad now statement please and we kick on
3. Out? Off you go you scoundrel; our press release will be cursory, perfunctory and professional
4. New man….. interested in popping in for a chat on Friday and holding a scarf above your head that evening on the pitch?

Move on

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Next manager on 22:19 - Oct 19 with 2268 viewsNorthernr

McKenna - Ipswich
Critchley - would have got it before but for Beale, hefty pay out due to Villa but might be getting sacked shortly anyway
Edwards - not for me Clive
Schumacher - very interesting
Next manager on 22:19 - Oct 19 with 2240 viewsstainrods_elbow

Next manager on 18:37 - Oct 19 by Watford_Ranger

The bloke is probably quadrupling his wage and setting himself and family up for life even if he fails there. Crap for us but not a chance I’d be turning it down in his position. It’s a much bigger, more lucrative job and potential stepping stone to a bigger club than Wolves which would never happen if he stayed here and did pretty well.

Rob Edwards could be a shout. Never got a chance at Watford and similar philosophy to Beale. Wouldn’t be expensive either I’d have thought.

So just because you're mainly motivated by money, you assume he is too? But, even by your own cynical and greedy logic, why would he need to snatch at the first opportunity he gets when he's got years ahead of him to get to the top? In the meantime, while I don't know his salary at QPR, I'm sure it's one most of us could only dream of, so I'm sure he'll be putting a few bob aside.

Have a word with yourself, eh?
[Post edited 19 Oct 2022 23:28]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Next manager on 22:42 - Oct 19 with 2083 viewsthemodfather

if he goes, what to say? not good luck but we are flying, wolves may struggle and come down?
meanwhile as this thread is "next" then
NO TO STEVE FUKICNG BRUCE, NEIL LENNON !!!
that is NO.
Next manager on 22:51 - Oct 19 with 1975 viewsHunterhoop

Next manager on 22:19 - Oct 19 by Northernr

McKenna - Ipswich
Critchley - would have got it before but for Beale, hefty pay out due to Villa but might be getting sacked shortly anyway
Edwards - not for me Clive
Schumacher - very interesting

It’s going to be Edwards.

Critchley would be interesting. One of Beale’s best mates. Same school of coaching. But he’s not exactly torn it up as Gerrard’s no 2. They’re a mess attacking, which was Beale’s remit and presumably Critchley’s. Also, Stoke seem to have pushed on since him.

They did such an extensive process in the summer it’ll be one of that crowd. Manning still a possibility. It’ll be whoever they had a 2nd choice.
Login to get fewer ads

Next manager on 22:55 - Oct 19 with 1930 viewsAntti_Heinola

Next manager on 22:51 - Oct 19 by Hunterhoop

Critchley would be interesting. One of Beale’s best mates. Same school of coaching. But he’s not exactly torn it up as Gerrard’s no 2. They’re a mess attacking, which was Beale’s remit and presumably Critchley’s. Also, Stoke seem to have pushed on since him.

They did such an extensive process in the summer it’ll be one of that crowd. Manning still a possibility. It’ll be whoever they had a 2nd choice.

Stoke comment a bit harsh 😀
[Post edited 19 Oct 2022 22:56]

Bare bones.

Next manager on 23:01 - Oct 19 with 1848 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Next manager on 15:57 - Oct 19 by loftus77

In all seriousness, there is a promising first team coach at West Ham who I believe knows Rangers and likes to play attractive football.

I really would.

No, thanks. The trust between manager and board just won't be there after what happened first time around.
Next manager on 23:06 - Oct 19 with 1806 viewsBenny_the_Ball

QPR found Beale after taking their time and conducting due diligence. My concern is that with Beale leaving mid-season, the board will panic and not perform the same due diligence in finding Mick's replacement.
Next manager on 23:12 - Oct 19 with 1763 viewsdaveB

Next manager on 23:06 - Oct 19 by Benny_the_Ball

QPR found Beale after taking their time and conducting due diligence. My concern is that with Beale leaving mid-season, the board will panic and not perform the same due diligence in finding Mick's replacement.

I'd trust them to get it right, they had no rush in the summer, mid season is different and they'll be talking about it already in case he goes tomorrow

Whatever happens I support QPR, managers come and go but this club is bigger and this team is too good to be wasted
Next manager on 23:16 - Oct 19 with 1740 viewstraininvain

Next manager on 23:12 - Oct 19 by daveB

I'd trust them to get it right, they had no rush in the summer, mid season is different and they'll be talking about it already in case he goes tomorrow

Whatever happens I support QPR, managers come and go but this club is bigger and this team is too good to be wasted

Spot on. Beale’s clearly doing a fantastic job but we have a squad capable of competing for promotion. That doesn’t change suddenly if Beale leaves tomorrow.

If the worst happens then the club need to get the appointment right but we’re top of the league and an attractive proposition for almost up and coming managers. Let’s keep things in perspective.
Next manager on 23:20 - Oct 19 with 1705 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Next manager on 23:12 - Oct 19 by daveB

It's because mid-season is different that I'm concerned the board will rush and not get it right. Some of the names being banded around on here leave me cold. One can only hope that the board have more sense and have been succession planning.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2022 23:22]
Next manager on 23:29 - Oct 19 with 1657 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Next manager on 23:16 - Oct 19 by traininvain

Spot on. Beale’s clearly doing a fantastic job but we have a squad capable of competing for promotion. That doesn’t change suddenly if Beale leaves tomorrow.

If the worst happens then the club need to get the appointment right but we’re top of the league and an attractive proposition for almost up and coming managers. Let’s keep things in perspective.

Sorry, but that's just a cliche. There's absolutely no guarantee that the next manager will share Beale's philosophy or achieve similar success with the same players. Make no mistake, Beale is the main reason why QPR are top of the league.
Next manager on 23:31 - Oct 19 with 1649 viewsHunterhoop

Next manager on 23:20 - Oct 19 by Benny_the_Ball

It's because mid-season is different that I'm concerned the board will rush and not get it right. Some of the names being banded around on here leave me cold. One can only hope that the board have more sense and have been succession planning.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2022 23:22]

They did such an in depth, extensive job in the summer, they’ll revert back to that work and select the second choice from then. It’s so recent, it’s relevant. Edwards, Manning or Critchley. I think it’ll be one of them because they were seriously considered before the Beale appointment.
Next manager on 23:32 - Oct 19 with 1625 viewsstainrods_elbow

Next manager on 23:06 - Oct 19 by Benny_the_Ball

If he leaves, someone should do some due dilgience on the people who run QPR!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Next manager on 23:33 - Oct 19 with 1629 viewswombat

Next manager on 23:29 - Oct 19 by Benny_the_Ball

Sorry, but that's just a cliche. There's absolutely no guarantee that the next manager will share Beale's philosophy or achieve similar success with the same players. Make no mistake, Beale is the main reason why QPR are top of the league.

Is it’s Scott the cardigan Parker who comes in then I’m done with football ,

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Next manager on 23:39 - Oct 19 with 1611 viewsLogman

I'll tell you who I wouldn't mind.

Marcelo Bielsa.

If Beale is a full time student of the game, Bielsa is a professor. Plus he could easily transpose his template from his time as the Chilean national team manager on our crop of players.

If I was LF I'd be on the phone to him now.
Next manager on 23:44 - Oct 19 with 1560 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Next manager on 22:51 - Oct 19 by Hunterhoop

For me, that approach would be a tad lazy. Whilst information gathered during the summer is useful, this is a new phase with raised expectation. Moreover, there may be candidates available now who weren't in the summer. QPR currently sit top of the championship, with a real shot at promotion. If Beale leaves, the board must perform the same due diligence to secure the best possible candidate who can carry on Mick's good work.
Next manager on 23:45 - Oct 19 with 1548 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Next manager on 23:39 - Oct 19 by Logman

I'll tell you who I wouldn't mind.

Marcelo Bielsa.

If Beale is a full time student of the game, Bielsa is a professor. Plus he could easily transpose his template from his time as the Chilean national team manager on our crop of players.

If I was LF I'd be on the phone to him now.

I'm not sure I could tolerate interviews conducted through an interpreter.
Next manager on 23:54 - Oct 19 with 1506 viewsplasmahoop

See how it goes I suppose, but if the director of football system is working well you can transfer from one manager to another relatively easily. Southampton have done this after pottechino and koeman and Swansea did too until the wheels fell off. At least we've moved away from ripping thd whole squad up every time.
Next manager on 23:57 - Oct 19 with 1499 viewsLogman

Next manager on 23:45 - Oct 19 by Benny_the_Ball

I'm not sure I could tolerate interviews conducted through an interpreter.

What about Wenger ? The football that we are playing must be the nearest to his style in the EFL. Would be good technically - though I'm sure LF would not want a director type around and wants someone who he can keep under his thumb as a coach.
Next manager on 00:53 - Oct 20 with 1406 viewsWatford_Ranger

Next manager on 22:19 - Oct 19 by stainrods_elbow

So just because you're mainly motivated by money, you assume he is too? But, even by your own cynical and greedy logic, why would he need to snatch at the first opportunity he gets when he's got years ahead of him to get to the top? In the meantime, while I don't know his salary at QPR, I'm sure it's one most of us could only dream of, so I'm sure he'll be putting a few bob aside.

Have a word with yourself, eh?
[Post edited 19 Oct 2022 23:28]

You have a word with yourself. Nobody is not going to be wooed by the sort of dough they’ll offer but it’s more than that. Wolves are a big club and with his rep here and abroad it could open some seriously big doors for him. Obviously I hope he stays but think he’d be a bit of a mug to do so.
Next manager on 01:37 - Oct 20 with 1325 viewspaulhoop2

Sparky is doing well at Bradford….

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024