Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harrogate (h) Match Thread 16:08 - Dec 1 with 33369 viewsHullDale

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 08:40 - Dec 7 with 2427 viewsAtThePeake

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 00:16 - Dec 7 by Shun

Blimey. I admire your commitment to doom-mongering but I have to say it’s rare you see someone presented with facts and still refuse to accept they’re wrong!

Tangled up in blue.

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 17:49 - Dec 7 with 2093 viewsShun

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 08:38 - Dec 7 by dawlishdale

There's a lot of "I'm right therefore everyone else is wrong" on both sides of the argument as to what would happen should we drop out of the EFL.

In all honesty, none of us knows, and thus it's silly to start arguing about it.

What is beyond doubt is that we are currently struggling both on and off the pitch with as poor a squad as I can remember for over 20 years (even under Barrow we could scrape a few 1-0 wins especially at home) and it's becoming very obvious that our cash flow position is not good.

A previous poster is correct in that for several years now our previous BOD perhaps took their fingers off the pulse momentarily assuming they had done their job and could relax. However, I know from first hand experience that the real problems started the day that a certain person was appointed a Director without the club doing any due diligence on him. Had they done even the most basic checks on him they would never have let him near. From almost day one, he caused arguments, division and bad feeling within the Boardroom and had several heated arguments with the Trust, who were proven correct on every occasion . Basically; he destabilised the hard work that had been carried out for many years to such an extent that some of the Directors chose to leave or stay away from him. He also (and this is how he succeeded) managed to fool several club employees and got them in his camp by fair means or by giving them incentives of one sort or another.

We are still paying as a club for said person's wrongdoings, and it might well be that ultimately, he costs us our EFL status.

The new Board are to be applauded for picking up the mantle at a most challenging time, but the Black hole is growing, and will continue to grow if we drop out of the league. However; they are neither of perfect judgement having made some strange decisions regarding the last Manager and his recruitment; nor have they got bottomless pockets having paid a small fortune to Curran et al .

For this reason alone, the January transfer window is probably the most important one we have ever faced. We need to change so many of the squad that it frightens me. What we have now would struggle 2 leagues below where we currently sit.

So... to everyone who is able to do so, please dig deep regarding the share issue, and put some much needed capital into the club. Yes; it's a bad time to have a share issue, but it might be our last chance to save our league position...one that we have fought so hard for so long to preserve.

Absolutely, and I agree with a lot of that. But TVOS wasn’t saying anything about how we might or might not survive. He was simply stating that our attendance figures haven’t changed as RMB suggested. They are inarguable facts!
Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 18:48 - Dec 7 with 2038 viewsTVOS1907

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 17:49 - Dec 7 by Shun

Absolutely, and I agree with a lot of that. But TVOS wasn’t saying anything about how we might or might not survive. He was simply stating that our attendance figures haven’t changed as RMB suggested. They are inarguable facts!

Exactly, although I'm not convinced Dawlish was referring to my posts explicitly as I hadn't mentioned anything along those lines.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 19:33 - Dec 7 with 1981 viewsdawlishdale

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 18:48 - Dec 7 by TVOS1907

Exactly, although I'm not convinced Dawlish was referring to my posts explicitly as I hadn't mentioned anything along those lines.

I wasn't.
Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 19:36 - Dec 7 with 1975 viewsTVOS1907

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 19:33 - Dec 7 by dawlishdale

I wasn't.

I know.

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 17:55 - Dec 8 with 1651 viewsEllDale

The National League are apparently having “constructive conversations” with the EFL about introducing three-up and three-down in future.
Obviously a fair bit of lobbying going on.
Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 18:25 - Dec 8 with 1615 viewsJames1980

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 17:55 - Dec 8 by EllDale

The National League are apparently having “constructive conversations” with the EFL about introducing three-up and three-down in future.
Obviously a fair bit of lobbying going on.

2 automatic 1 playoff winner?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 18:49 - Dec 8 with 1577 viewsEllDale

That’s how I heard it.
Login to get fewer ads

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 20:21 - Dec 8 with 1456 views442Dale

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 18:25 - Dec 8 by James1980

2 automatic 1 playoff winner?

Three clubs going bust then?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 22:15 - Dec 8 with 1293 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 00:16 - Dec 7 by Shun

Blimey. I admire your commitment to doom-mongering but I have to say it’s rare you see someone presented with facts and still refuse to accept they’re wrong!

Maybe I shouldn't post on match days. I don't ever remember feeling so angry at players representing our club, at least not since the 80's.
The apathy in the town towards our club is what leads me to think we might disappear for good should we be relegated.
I struggle to sit or stand these days and my health probably clouds my thought process and judgement.
That said, I saw players on Saturday that didn't care and that hurts more than anything.
Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 22:34 - Dec 8 with 1253 viewsTVOS1907

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 22:15 - Dec 8 by RooleyMoorBlue

Maybe I shouldn't post on match days. I don't ever remember feeling so angry at players representing our club, at least not since the 80's.
The apathy in the town towards our club is what leads me to think we might disappear for good should we be relegated.
I struggle to sit or stand these days and my health probably clouds my thought process and judgement.
That said, I saw players on Saturday that didn't care and that hurts more than anything.

Maybe EllDale can answer this, but would you think there is more or less apathy than in Halifax or Southport, for example, because they're both still going.

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 23:19 - Dec 8 with 1199 viewsDalenet

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 22:34 - Dec 8 by TVOS1907

Maybe EllDale can answer this, but would you think there is more or less apathy than in Halifax or Southport, for example, because they're both still going.

Southport is a good example of a club with a long history where their local population has very little interest nowadays. Yes they are within 10 miles of two premiership clubs which doesn't help, just as we are. But with average gates around 800 it shows there is little interest. A club that once took 10,000 to Wembley. It could be us in 5 years time unless we fight.
Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 08:04 - Dec 9 with 1035 viewsDale_4_Life

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 23:19 - Dec 8 by Dalenet

Southport is a good example of a club with a long history where their local population has very little interest nowadays. Yes they are within 10 miles of two premiership clubs which doesn't help, just as we are. But with average gates around 800 it shows there is little interest. A club that once took 10,000 to Wembley. It could be us in 5 years time unless we fight.

And fight we will...

Two tough Saturdays do not help we could easily return 0 points.

Hoping for some turnaround tomorrow because everything that was wrong v Harrogate can be put right v Stockport and Bradford. Forget the results they take care of themselves it's the attitude and body language we need to see vast improvement so we can all get out of this shit together.

Up the Dale!
Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 10:30 - Dec 9 with 898 viewsEllDale

Harrogate (h) Match Thread on 22:34 - Dec 8 by TVOS1907

I don't think there's any more or less apathy in Halifax towards the local football team than there is in Rochdale.
The two towns are similar demographically and history and both entered the Football League together in 1921.
The difference is that Halifax have had four seasons in the EFL in the last 29 years and have been playing nonleague football for the last 20 years.
It is only the hardcore, older end who regard themselves as a Football League club I suspect. A lot of the younger end are perhaps reconciled to being at around the right level.
Halifax are of course a phoenix club after the old club went into liquidation in 2008.
That meant that they had to restart like in tier nine of the pyramid but the theory that success will boost attendances was supported when they had a crowd of 7000 to see them get promoted against Chorley as they made their way back up. And they filled the ground for a televised FA cuptie against Bradford City six years ago.
Their base crowd is around 2000 which is what it always used to be in the 1970's and 1980's and I don't think that they're in debt.
Back to apathy; I never hear them mentioned at work or in the local pubs but see plenty of replica shirts around the town on a matchday. They also manage half a dozen pages a week in the local paper so someone must think that that sort of coverage is justified.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024