Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luton Match Thread 15:05 - Dec 29 with 34087 viewscolinallcars

Let's 'ave yer…..
A tough 2-2 draw.
Luton Match Thread on 18:49 - Dec 29 with 1957 viewsR_from_afar

HT. We created very little in terms of decent chances, but at least it has been an entertaining watch. Luton look strong all over the pitch.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Luton Match Thread on 18:50 - Dec 29 with 1912 viewsMedwayR

Roberts is a waste of space, get Willock on.

Dykes is doing fine overall but doesn't have any goal threat, nothing new there...

Tim Iro is playing a disciplined role in a 2 with Field, maybe we can get him breaking forward occasionally.

Poll: Who’s better?

Luton Match Thread on 18:52 - Dec 29 with 1856 viewsQPRSteve

I'd take Roberts and Shodipo off and bring on Willock and Richards.
Luton Match Thread on 18:52 - Dec 29 with 1852 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Luton Match Thread on 18:48 - Dec 29 by QPRSteve

I thought that was Shodipo

May have been, Steve. Sometimes I go on ehat I hear as much as see.

If so, apologies.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Luton Match Thread on 18:52 - Dec 29 with 1819 viewsdistortR

Luton Match Thread on 18:52 - Dec 29 by BrianMcCarthy

If so, apologies.

You let us all down there, Brian.
Luton Match Thread on 18:53 - Dec 29 with 1808 viewsQPR_Jim

Luton Match Thread on 18:46 - Dec 29 by Superhoops2808

Not read through the whole thread...

But for me, in a nutshell, get Roberts off, bring on Willock.

Shodipo is having one of his best games in the hoops for us and him and Laird are really linking up well

Chair looks good too, but Dykes is poor again I am afraid

Roberts has managed a few dribbles but mainly side to side across the pitch. He needs to be around Dykes more and working with him to give the defence isolated.

Dykes isn't playing well but I think it's mainly that he's isolated although Morris with the goal for Luton shows you what a striker that knows where the goal is can do with little to work with.
Luton Match Thread on 18:53 - Dec 29 with 1797 viewsQPRSteve

Luton Match Thread on 18:52 - Dec 29 by BrianMcCarthy

If so, apologies.

Whoever it was that can't fûcking cross
Luton Match Thread on 18:53 - Dec 29 with 1772 viewsR_from_afar

Luton Match Thread on 18:48 - Dec 29 by VancouverHoop

[Groan] Really frustrating half, we're so lacking in goalscoring options.

Our lot are toiling away but we look toothless. Chair and Shodipo have been quite creative but haven't created any clear cut chances. Sigh.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Login to get fewer ads

Luton Match Thread on 18:54 - Dec 29 with 1760 viewsMalintabuk

There must must be better use of my money than going to LF.... perhaps giving it to a Ponzi scheme
That was shocking ..... ok Luton have defended deep and been organised..... OK the goal they got was a good one.... oh for a decent striker..... but we have been abysmal in attack....
Crosses .....well even if we could cross the ball.... with Dykes the only blue and white shirt in the box against 4 or 5 orange ones.... not much chance
So slow.... Chair who was perhaps the best player for us..... just don't have the speed of thought to open up a defence.... Roberts well words fail me..... and though I'm not a lover of Dykes ..... the lad is on a losing battle.......
If we score tonight I would be amazed
Think the Critch will have a good idea how poor we are going g forward after this...
Luton Match Thread on 18:54 - Dec 29 with 1743 viewsnumptydumpty

I never one to dig out a player. But sadly I will.

Ie the anti Dykes brigade, he can't do much more if he not supplied with any ammunition.

But Roberts is an extremely frustrating presence.

If Roberts is deemed more likely than Willock in the second half, I will start to wonder.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Luton Match Thread on 18:55 - Dec 29 with 1694 viewsstainrods_elbow

Luton Match Thread on 18:50 - Dec 29 by MedwayR

Roberts is a waste of space, get Willock on.

Dykes is doing fine overall but doesn't have any goal threat, nothing new there...

Tim Iro is playing a disciplined role in a 2 with Field, maybe we can get him breaking forward occasionally.

How can a centre forward without goal threat be 'doing fine overall' in your book? Easily pleased doesn't begin to cover it.

I want to know where Armstrong and Richards are. Also wondering if Johansen will ever get round to some semblance of fit and firing.

Even a half-arsed Willock can't do any worse in the final third, surely, and presumably he and Chair would be happy to see each other again.

Otherwise, that really put the M back into mediocre.

Poll: On the basis of pre-season.the current squad, where will we finish this sea son?

Luton Match Thread on 18:58 - Dec 29 with 1603 viewsVancouverHoop

Luton Match Thread on 18:55 - Dec 29 by stainrods_elbow

How can a centre forward without goal threat be 'doing fine overall' in your book? Easily pleased doesn't begin to cover it.

I want to know where Armstrong and Richards are. Also wondering if Johansen will ever get round to some semblance of fit and firing.

Even a half-arsed Willock can't do any worse in the final third, surely, and presumably he and Chair would be happy to see each other again.

Richards is on the bench. Be nice to see him instead of Roberts in the second half.
Luton Match Thread on 19:00 - Dec 29 with 1550 viewsHooparoo

This is dire. We just look disinterested and flat. All our play is slow and predictable. Should have stayed in bed (again)

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Luton Match Thread on 19:00 - Dec 29 with 1548 viewsdistortR

Luton Match Thread on 18:53 - Dec 29 by QPRSteve

Whoever it was that can't fûcking cross

well, THAT doesn't narrow it down.........
Luton Match Thread on 19:01 - Dec 29 with 1506 viewsLordPork

Give us our due, we're playing as per the team selection....?

Come on Rrr's we can do better than this,

Note to those under 30

we've been playing like this since 1970's so no change
Luton Match Thread on 19:01 - Dec 29 with 1486 viewsstainrods_elbow

Luton Match Thread on 18:58 - Dec 29 by VancouverHoop

Richards is on the bench. Be nice to see him instead of Roberts in the second half.

To pick up an earlier post, does anyone have the answer as to why their man wasn't offside and interfering for their goal?

Poll: On the basis of pre-season.the current squad, where will we finish this sea son?

Luton Match Thread on 19:02 - Dec 29 with 1474 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Wow, not sure I've ever seen a team looking so flat coming out for a second half.

I donlt think anything can be read into that, but still - show some life!

Luton Match Thread on 19:02 - Dec 29 with 1457 viewsed_83

That was abject. Far too many players phoning it in, with Roberts the worst offender. No movement off the ball, nobody willing to take a risk or try and make something happen, too slow to close Morris down for the goal, second best all over the pitch. Luton have defended solidly and counterattacked well but there’s no excuse for the lack of energy and ambition we’ve shown.

Only bright sparks have been Field and maybe Shodipo. Need a total rethink second half.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2022 19:03]
Luton Match Thread on 19:02 - Dec 29 with 1441 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Back underway.

Luton Match Thread on 19:03 - Dec 29 with 1422 viewsBrianMcCarthy

No changes on either side.

Luton Match Thread on 19:03 - Dec 29 with 1407 viewsR_from_afar

Luton Match Thread on 18:55 - Dec 29 by stainrods_elbow

No time for a full response now but at least he is providing a focal point up front which allows us to get the ball forward.

Luton Match Thread on 19:04 - Dec 29 with 1391 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Foul by Dickie.

Free for them 35 out on the left.

Luton Match Thread on 19:04 - Dec 29 with 1372 viewsBrianMcCarthy

0-2

Luton Match Thread on 19:04 - Dec 29 with 1373 viewsR_from_afar

FFS 2-0

Luton Match Thread on 19:04 - Dec 29 with 1356 viewsSuperhoops2808

Oh well

Dont see any way back now
[Post edited 29 Dec 2022 19:04]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024