Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Serious question, Who would replace Martin 18:34 - Dec 29 with 12727 viewsdantheswansman

I see a lot of people saying Martin has to go but who would replace him?
please tell me who with our limited budget would even consider coming in and taking over, unless the owners seriously change their stance who could we possibly attract?
It never gets mentioned, you want Martin out but dont seem to look forward to who would bother taking us on
Genuinely interested because i am of the opinion Martin with a little more support from the owners could be excellent
Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 07:09 - Feb 6 with 1882 viewsDr_Winston

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 01:22 - Feb 6 by jackdee

The manager clearly isn't the problem. There's a common denominator here and each manager we have had for the past 7 years has had the same issues with that common denominator. So, if you think changing the manager will be any different crack on.

If the manager isn't the problem then explain why Cooper managed two consecutive playoff appearances despite this "common denominator", whilst the best Russy has managed so far is fifteenth, despite having players like Piroe, Fulton, Wolf, Christie, Obafemi, Paterson, Cabango, Downes and Naughton available to him.

Huddersfield are in the bottom three and have conceded fewer goals than we have. Blackpool have only conceded one more, and it was a similar story last season. The man simply cannot organise a defence. We lost on Saturday (and many other games before) precisely because of his inability in this area.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 7:50]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 08:02 - Feb 6 with 1831 viewsDr_Winston

And while I'm having a rant, why the hell does he react so often to an opposing attacking substitution by making a defensive one? Can't he grasp why that completely hands the initiative to them resulting in us spending so many games desperately (but rarely) clinging on?

If opponents make an attacking sub then make one yourself. Keep them on the back foot instead of inviting them forward. Especially against a team as poor as Birmingham were.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 11:07 - Feb 6 with 1750 viewsKeithHaynes

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 08:02 - Feb 6 by Dr_Winston

And while I'm having a rant, why the hell does he react so often to an opposing attacking substitution by making a defensive one? Can't he grasp why that completely hands the initiative to them resulting in us spending so many games desperately (but rarely) clinging on?

If opponents make an attacking sub then make one yourself. Keep them on the back foot instead of inviting them forward. Especially against a team as poor as Birmingham were.

DrW’s views backed up with examples.

It’s what a discussion always thrives on.

Let’s all shout ! 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 14:43 - Feb 6 with 1672 viewsBryanSwan

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 06:49 - Feb 6 by PawelAbbott

This is the perfect time to be replacing him.
We are pretty much safe and plenty of games left to work out what to do with the squad over the summer.
Then have the full preseason with them and hit the ground running in the new season.
Making a change in the summer leads to a poor preseason and no planning for the transfer window.
As for names
Bruno Lage
Ralf Hassenhuttl
Gio Van Bronckhorst

Anyone who doesn't think some very average players can play like Man City

Do you think any of those 3 would come to us? Probably only Bruno Lage and he doesnt exactly have a good record.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 14:54 - Feb 6 with 1652 viewsonehunglow

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 14:43 - Feb 6 by BryanSwan

Do you think any of those 3 would come to us? Probably only Bruno Lage and he doesnt exactly have a good record.

Doesn’t matter what he think though does it.

Bottom line is getting rid of the coach .

It’s like Fisher…we have to get rid asap and reboot.

What is wrong with people .

This is our club

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 15:21 - Feb 6 with 1648 viewsjackdee

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 07:09 - Feb 6 by Dr_Winston

If the manager isn't the problem then explain why Cooper managed two consecutive playoff appearances despite this "common denominator", whilst the best Russy has managed so far is fifteenth, despite having players like Piroe, Fulton, Wolf, Christie, Obafemi, Paterson, Cabango, Downes and Naughton available to him.

Huddersfield are in the bottom three and have conceded fewer goals than we have. Blackpool have only conceded one more, and it was a similar story last season. The man simply cannot organise a defence. We lost on Saturday (and many other games before) precisely because of his inability in this area.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 7:50]

Exactly my point, no matter what manager, good or bad, they all leave for the exact same reason. It's not the lack of ambition from the managers or wanting to improve, it all stops with the owners and their lack of trust in the manager and ambition for the club.
I don't believe any manager will ever stay at our club no matter how well we are performing because eventually there is a breakdown in communication.
Steve Cooper was good enough to get us automatic promotion if the club had trusted him and allowed him to strengthen how he wanted to. I'm sure he'd have taken us up under different owners.
As for who would replace Martin? Does it really matter who until these ridiculous owners leave our club.

BTIIC

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 15:42 - Feb 6 with 1606 viewsvetchonian

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 15:21 - Feb 6 by jackdee

Exactly my point, no matter what manager, good or bad, they all leave for the exact same reason. It's not the lack of ambition from the managers or wanting to improve, it all stops with the owners and their lack of trust in the manager and ambition for the club.
I don't believe any manager will ever stay at our club no matter how well we are performing because eventually there is a breakdown in communication.
Steve Cooper was good enough to get us automatic promotion if the club had trusted him and allowed him to strengthen how he wanted to. I'm sure he'd have taken us up under different owners.
As for who would replace Martin? Does it really matter who until these ridiculous owners leave our club.

All well and good but who do you suggest will replace said owners?

They do not seem to be going anywhere soon....maybe they are waiting to regroup in the summer and with a new manager lead a charge to the PL where they have a better chance of selling us on.....but then who knows who we might get

Some on here have compared the current situation to that of the Silvershield /Ninth floor years look what happened when they bailed out!
Potter left for the PL who knows he may have stayed a second season had Brighton not come calling but he did see the writing on the wall though he had some monies to spend.

Understandably Cooper got disillusioned when he got two crocked MLS players instead of the striker he wanted in the January window when we were challenging for a top 2 spot.

Lots of "disappointment" that we had no additions in the window maybe our owners looked at how they have already backed Martin , Darling Fisher and Sorinola...usually on the bench...Ogebeta not considered suitable along with the likes of FInn Stevens and Oxo Flex. yes loans like Sorinola but they have cost to get here....

Currently given our form are we an attractive option to players? Remote from the football heartlands of London, Midlands and Lancashire , not winning many games so lack of win bonuses so maybe their basic demands were too extortionate.....plus we hear the tales of our owners "clever" negotiations.

At the moment we have more chance of finding a new manager than owners....
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 16:00]

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 17:18 - Feb 6 with 1565 viewsjackdee

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 15:42 - Feb 6 by vetchonian

All well and good but who do you suggest will replace said owners?

They do not seem to be going anywhere soon....maybe they are waiting to regroup in the summer and with a new manager lead a charge to the PL where they have a better chance of selling us on.....but then who knows who we might get

Some on here have compared the current situation to that of the Silvershield /Ninth floor years look what happened when they bailed out!
Potter left for the PL who knows he may have stayed a second season had Brighton not come calling but he did see the writing on the wall though he had some monies to spend.

Understandably Cooper got disillusioned when he got two crocked MLS players instead of the striker he wanted in the January window when we were challenging for a top 2 spot.

Lots of "disappointment" that we had no additions in the window maybe our owners looked at how they have already backed Martin , Darling Fisher and Sorinola...usually on the bench...Ogebeta not considered suitable along with the likes of FInn Stevens and Oxo Flex. yes loans like Sorinola but they have cost to get here....

Currently given our form are we an attractive option to players? Remote from the football heartlands of London, Midlands and Lancashire , not winning many games so lack of win bonuses so maybe their basic demands were too extortionate.....plus we hear the tales of our owners "clever" negotiations.

At the moment we have more chance of finding a new manager than owners....
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 16:00]

I reckon a few on here would give it a go

BTIIC

Login to get fewer ads

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 17:26 - Feb 6 with 1549 viewspencoedjack

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 15:21 - Feb 6 by jackdee

There are many managers who have left the club to go on to better things it’s what happens when they do well ( I can’t imagine many clubs who’ve had it better than us in recent years)

I’d expect to see Martin managing someone like MK Dons at best after us.
Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 17:27 - Feb 6 with 1543 viewsvetchonian

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 17:18 - Feb 6 by jackdee

I reckon a few on here would give it a go

I didnt realise we had multimillionaires on here amongst us....where have they been hiding why havent they been chasing the damn Yanks to buy the club?

Or are you referring to possible armchair managers who would fancy a crack at the managers job?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 17:52 - Feb 6 with 1509 viewsBryanSwan

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 14:54 - Feb 6 by onehunglow

Doesn’t matter what he think though does it.

Bottom line is getting rid of the coach .

It’s like Fisher…we have to get rid asap and reboot.

What is wrong with people .

This is our club

The issue is who would come in and take it on now given our owners track record.
Some of the names being thrown about are a bit far fetched.
If/when Martin goes we have to make the right appointment.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 17:59 - Feb 6 with 1496 viewscockett_jack

If Martin is to be replaced, the board better look to someone who expects sweet FA in terms of support in transfer windows. Yanks out
Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 18:05 - Feb 6 with 1488 viewsonehunglow

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 17:52 - Feb 6 by BryanSwan

The issue is who would come in and take it on now given our owners track record.
Some of the names being thrown about are a bit far fetched.
If/when Martin goes we have to make the right appointment.

Absolutely agree
Dead right

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 11:22 - Feb 7 with 1387 viewsSTID2017

I can see Nathan Jones coming here.
He is already on thin ice at Southampton already

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 13:55 - Feb 7 with 1324 viewsFireboy2

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 11:22 - Feb 7 by STID2017

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 14:02 - Feb 7 with 1306 viewsWhiterockin

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 11:22 - Feb 7 by STID2017

The only place he does a half decent job is Luton, he fails everywhere else.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 20:34 - Feb 11 with 964 viewsdantheswansman

Nobody with a functioning brain is coming here, the owners have let down every manager they have brought in, you cant do anything with no support, i don't even get why people say Martin is useless, he wasn't backed, he was left high and dry and that's it from me, i am done with these owners, fking done! i am absolutely certain if Martin was backed we could have done something this season, but these feckless clowns have yet again done sod all, where is the investment we were promised? fk them, i am done now, worse owners than that cesspit club down the road and that is a fact
Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 20:44 - Feb 11 with 932 viewsSTID2017

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 13:55 - Feb 7 by Fireboy2

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Apart from the anti Cardiff angle, what reason would you see for those do-nothing owners not to appoint him ?

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 22:23 - Feb 11 with 872 viewsDr_Parnassus

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 20:34 - Feb 11 by dantheswansman

Nobody with a functioning brain is coming here, the owners have let down every manager they have brought in, you cant do anything with no support, i don't even get why people say Martin is useless, he wasn't backed, he was left high and dry and that's it from me, i am done with these owners, fking done! i am absolutely certain if Martin was backed we could have done something this season, but these feckless clowns have yet again done sod all, where is the investment we were promised? fk them, i am done now, worse owners than that cesspit club down the road and that is a fact

More backing in the last 18 months than any other Swansea manager at this level (or below).

What you say simply isn’t true.

You say you are certain if he bought even more players then we would have done something this season. Yet the evidence of the impact of his 22 signings prior (40+ if we include MK Dons) suggests otherwise.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 22:44 - Feb 11 with 862 viewsSTID2017

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 22:23 - Feb 11 by Dr_Parnassus

More backing in the last 18 months than any other Swansea manager at this level (or below).

What you say simply isn’t true.

You say you are certain if he bought even more players then we would have done something this season. Yet the evidence of the impact of his 22 signings prior (40+ if we include MK Dons) suggests otherwise.

You are certain that any decent manager would see us shoot up the table.
Of which there is absolutely no evidence.
Purely hypothetical

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 23:01 - Feb 11 with 852 viewsDr_Parnassus

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 22:44 - Feb 11 by STID2017

You are certain that any decent manager would see us shoot up the table.
Of which there is absolutely no evidence.
Purely hypothetical

I am, because the evidence suggests so.

Our squad is very strong and we have done well in this league with any competent manager. That’s what competent managers do with good teams.

Russell Martin hasn’t had a top half finish in his career. There is a reason for that.

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 00:50 - Feb 12 with 798 viewsSTID2017

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 23:01 - Feb 11 by Dr_Parnassus

I am, because the evidence suggests so.

Our squad is very strong and we have done well in this league with any competent manager. That’s what competent managers do with good teams.

Russell Martin hasn’t had a top half finish in his career. There is a reason for that.

No evidence to support that..

Also Russell Martin's "career" is a few short seasons.
Lots of managers including Rodgers, Tosh, Martinez and many others have had badly and good seasons.
Had he had the right backing in January who knows what Martin would have achieved?
None of us, including you, know.

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 01:06 - Feb 12 with 794 viewsDr_Parnassus

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 00:50 - Feb 12 by STID2017

No evidence to support that..

Also Russell Martin's "career" is a few short seasons.
Lots of managers including Rodgers, Tosh, Martinez and many others have had badly and good seasons.
Had he had the right backing in January who knows what Martin would have achieved?
None of us, including you, know.

Lots of evidence to support that.

He has brought in 22 players and spent millions, that’s a backing to a level higher than any manager at this level we have had, the evidence suggests backing doesn’t improve his performance.

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 01:10 - Feb 12 with 793 viewsSTID2017

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 01:06 - Feb 12 by Dr_Parnassus

Lots of evidence to support that.

He has brought in 22 players and spent millions, that’s a backing to a level higher than any manager at this level we have had, the evidence suggests backing doesn’t improve his performance.

What evidence supports a competent manager would have us shooting up the league ?
Absolutely no evidence can possibly exist to prove that.
It is a theory.
Nothing more

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 01:12 - Feb 12 with 790 viewsDr_Parnassus

Serious question, Who would replace Martin on 01:10 - Feb 12 by STID2017

What evidence supports a competent manager would have us shooting up the league ?
Absolutely no evidence can possibly exist to prove that.
It is a theory.
Nothing more

The fact that competent managers have a direct correlation with making good teams perform to their standards, you have 100 years of history, take your pick.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024