Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andy Belk video....Is this working? 16:14 - Jan 8 with 11862 viewsBillericayR

Been head of recruitment for 3 years.
Analysing possible signings.
Produced a 36 page dossier for Paal.

With our striker recruitment and loans who mostly are always injured or ill is this working?

Would we ever have bought Stan Bowles using this type of analysis?

Now 8 days in to January and still no movement on any possible signings. Are they waiting again for a panic Hendrick signing?
Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 17:25 - Jan 10 with 1504 viewsBillericayR

Hi All....the position that Andy Belk fills seems to be common now throughout football. I have no problem if it brings results.
But from the video he must currently be sitting with dossiers on many players.
Why is it that we are in desperate need of stronger characters in certain positions and that a third into January 2023 we are linked with possible signings but there is still no movement.
Perhaps there are discussions going on in the background regarding money and contracts etc. But if a player wants to come to us this should be quick and easy. If there is any prolonged discussions then for me he is not the right sort.
This seems to occur each year.

Also I do not mind if any news players do not do well. As long as they are fit and available to play and give their all.

We seem to get a majority that spend more time in the treatment room.

What is the position with Charlie Owens. Spent years with us, never plays and is now back from a loan with Colchester after appearing 3 times. I appreciate he has been unlucky with injuries.

As for Warnock I admit I am a big fan - obviously too old for the job now.
But I remember sitting in the (now) Stanley Bowles stand watching the team warm up laughing and joking before the game against Ipswich in the last home game before he came. The performance matched that warm up. Pitiful. I imagine it might have been similar at Fleetwood.
The next home game against promotion chasing WBA, Warnocks first in charge, was a complete reversal, right from the kick off. Helguson was a different player. This was before the signings of Hill and Derry.
It showed what a difference some managers can have. I hope Critchley can do the same.
I am not sure but after Fleetwood I think he showed his anger in his own way.
Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 17:27 - Jan 10 with 1498 viewsBklynRanger

'...this latest video interview with Belk seems in part to be to rebuff Beale's assertion that Paal was all his work...'

That's basically what I was trying to say two days ago and got George Cox BLASTED at me
Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 17:31 - Jan 10 with 1471 viewsNorthernr

Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 17:27 - Jan 10 by BklynRanger

'...this latest video interview with Belk seems in part to be to rebuff Beale's assertion that Paal was all his work...'

That's basically what I was trying to say two days ago and got George Cox BLASTED at me

Sorry mate I apologise, bad night all round, was in a foul mood.

My George Cox point related to my point about a lot of cooks around the pot - they'd wanted Cox for sometime, even got so far as to have him at Harlington discussing a deal the prior summer. They'd scouted others including Paal as detailed by the video - Paal was a big favourite for all the trendy analytics accounts on the Twitter. Beale came in so we go for Paal because he knows him.. It's fine this time, it's worked out, Paal is decent, but I'd personally rather they stick with what they were going to do rather than be influenced by what the manager wants because, as we see now, we've got half a dozen players at this club who are here because of a manager who is no longer here, and the direction the performances have headed suggests they ain't overly thrilled about that.
Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 17:32 - Jan 10 with 1468 viewsAntti_Heinola

Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 17:25 - Jan 10 by BillericayR

Hi All....the position that Andy Belk fills seems to be common now throughout football. I have no problem if it brings results.
Why is it that we are in desperate need of stronger characters in certain positions and that a third into January 2023 we are linked with possible signings but there is still no movement.
Perhaps there are discussions going on in the background regarding money and contracts etc. But if a player wants to come to us this should be quick and easy. If there is any prolonged discussions then for me he is not the right sort.

Also I do not mind if any news players do not do well. As long as they are fit and available to play and give their all.

What is the position with Charlie Owens. Spent years with us, never plays and is now back from a loan with Colchester after appearing 3 times. I appreciate he has been unlucky with injuries.

But I remember sitting in the (now) Stanley Bowles stand watching the team warm up laughing and joking before the game against Ipswich in the last home game before he came. The performance matched that warm up. Pitiful. I imagine it might have been similar at Fleetwood.
The next home game against promotion chasing WBA, Warnocks first in charge, was a complete reversal, right from the kick off. Helguson was a different player. This was before the signings of Hill and Derry.
It showed what a difference some managers can have. I hope Critchley can do the same.

Helguson wasn't even there, he was at Watford, but agree, Warnock booted them into shape.

Bare bones.

Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 17:32 - Jan 10 with 1464 viewsdaveB

Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 17:25 - Jan 10 by BillericayR

I would assume finances are the main issue with transfers at the moment they are trying to do deals but so are every other club so they are never quick to get done.
Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 17:35 - Jan 10 with 1438 viewsdaveB

Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 16:26 - Jan 10 by Sakura

You and Antti sure about that? Watch the video yourself he says

2008 to 2015 performance analyst
2015 to 2019 recuitment analyst
Since then in this role

So 2016 signings were very much under his watch and everything since then

Him and ultimately Les

Can’t help but feeling an obvious one is if he was good at his job we would have signed Rico Henry not Jake Bidwell

Remember speaking to Brentford fans and the common line from them all was Bidwell will be a 6 or 7 out of 10 every game. They never thought he was capable of more. Couldn’t cross. No pace. Mediocre. Just about enough for this level

But never a prayer of pushing on to next level as Henry has. Poor selection choice and not just hindsight saying that
[Post edited 10 Jan 2023 16:29]

he was an analyst at that time so not in charge of recruitment
Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 17:36 - Jan 10 with 1436 viewsBillericayR

Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 17:32 - Jan 10 by Antti_Heinola

Helguson wasn't even there, he was at Watford, but agree, Warnock booted them into shape.

Yes sorry - we had Priskin up front. I think Warnock even got him to move around.
Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 17:37 - Jan 10 with 1434 viewsAntti_Heinola

Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 17:36 - Jan 10 by BillericayR

Yes sorry - we had Priskin up front. I think Warnock even got him to move around.

Truly, he was a miracle worker! :)
[Post edited 10 Jan 2023 17:37]

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 17:38 - Jan 10 with 1426 viewsBklynRanger

Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 17:31 - Jan 10 by Northernr

Sorry mate I apologise, bad night all round, was in a foul mood.

My George Cox point related to my point about a lot of cooks around the pot - they'd wanted Cox for sometime, even got so far as to have him at Harlington discussing a deal the prior summer. They'd scouted others including Paal as detailed by the video - Paal was a big favourite for all the trendy analytics accounts on the Twitter. Beale came in so we go for Paal because he knows him.. It's fine this time, it's worked out, Paal is decent, but I'd personally rather they stick with what they were going to do rather than be influenced by what the manager wants because, as we see now, we've got half a dozen players at this club who are here because of a manager who is no longer here, and the direction the performances have headed suggests they ain't overly thrilled about that.

No worries only joshing - assumed that was what you meant in terms of the Paal / Cox thing anyway, though I have a memory (quite possibly wrong) of us being unable to afford Cox anyway (?)

"Yet we found the £ for Paal later on when said new manager/shytehouse wanted him" will be your answer I suspect.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2023 17:39]
Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 17:40 - Jan 10 with 1412 viewsdaveB

Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 16:51 - Jan 10 by Benny_the_Ball

I doubt it was the biggest in the division. In any event, it's how you spend the money that counts. Neil brought in the likes of Kenny, Derry, Hill, Orr, and Mackie, all of whom added steel, spine and desire to the team (something that the current first team lacks). He also nailed down Taarabt on permanent deal.

He spent a fair bit at the time compared to the rest of the league but did spend it well.

On top of those also got in Adel, Bradley Orr, Kyle Walker, Rob Hulse, Tommy Smith, Shittu, Chimbonda, Miller, Vaagen Moen and Leon Clarke. A few crap ones but mostly very good.

That season does seem to be a bit of an exception for us, as good as those signings were they were on top of 3 years of mad spending which left us with a very strong squad such as Faurlin, Hall, Connolly, Gorkss, Helguson, Ephraim, Buzsaky etc
Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 17:41 - Jan 10 with 1408 viewsBillericayR

Bobby Gould on signing Stewart Pearce....

"We sat on the front row and the game hadn’t been going ten minutes when the home right-winger landed in Marge’s lap after this blond left-back — the object of my attentions — had raced across and tackled him like there was no tomorrow. “Come on, love,” I said to her. “I’ve seen enough.”

Would this be a tick in a dossier?
Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 17:50 - Jan 10 with 1394 viewsPunteR

Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 17:10 - Jan 10 by Northernr

This quote?

“He has experience at this level having spent time on loan at Huddersfield last season. He had a great academy education with Arsenal and he is known very well by Neil Banfield, our first team coach. Neil knows his character and that’s important — we know he is a good trainer and a good lad."

qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/chris-willock-completes-qpr-switch/

Fair enough, "fck all to do with it" was needlessly flippant on my part, posted in anger after Fleetwood. I know my fans on here don't let me away with things like that so I'll be more careful in future. I'm sure they spoke to Banfield about what sort of lad Willock was and all of that. But he was spotted, scouted and recruited on the basis of the work of the analytics and recruitment department led by Belk. Banfield didn't come to work and say "have you thought about this lad..." which seems to be the perception, it was very definitely the other way around.

Also worth saying the club aren't beyond putting out a not-ever-so-quite-true quote every now and again if it makes somebody look good who needs to look good - this latest video interview with Belk seems in part to be to rebuff Beale's assertion that Paal was all his work which the club were happy to put out when Beale was the cool new kid on campus, and we of course landed ourselves in hot water previously for claiming publicly we'd spent £3m on Ale Faurlin which was a lie designed to placate fans and make Flavio look good.

As for Belk's career here and who's responsible for what, there's a lot of that in our interview with him here from a year back...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/55955/andy-belk-%E

... among which he says Paul Smyth was probably the first signing he had most to do with, which was 2017. However, we also signed Luke Freeman in 2017, which we know was a Gary Penrice deal. And we signed Sean Goss in 2017, who was an Ian Butterworth pick when he was head of recruitment/scouting here. So pointing at dates and saying "well he's responsible for that" is a bit of a fool's mission. Do we really think he had anything to do with Dom Ball in 2019? Or Moses Odubajo in 2021? Both clearly Warburton picks. Lee Wallace...

That's part of my problem with the whole thing, and my main criticism of Les. We're running a director of football system, we're running an academy development system, we're running a head of recruitment system, and we're still letting managers have players they want. You've got players in the squad who are Belk players, Les players, Beale players, Warburton players, and probably soon to be Critchley players as well. It's a lot of cooks around the pot, and you notice them occasionally trying to justify their contribution to the broth - like Paul Hall saying in another interview with us that his staff have graduated 30 players to the first team, a number which only stands up to scrutiny if you start including one sub wonders like Deshane Dalling.

Throw in Fernandes as well for Austin

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 18:02 - Jan 10 with 1368 viewsNorthernr

Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 17:50 - Jan 10 by PunteR

Throw in Fernandes as well for Austin

Yes and this has been going on for a while, again it’s where I think criticism of Les is valid. Look at the “august” section of this interview we did with Holloway - in the space of 5 or 6 pars we’ve got Penrice making a signing, Holloway making a signing Les didn’t want, Ian Butterworth making a signing none of them had seemingly seen…

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/46457/ollie-on-tra
Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 18:29 - Jan 10 with 1284 viewsdaveB

Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 18:02 - Jan 10 by Northernr

Yes and this has been going on for a while, again it’s where I think criticism of Les is valid. Look at the “august” section of this interview we did with Holloway - in the space of 5 or 6 pars we’ve got Penrice making a signing, Holloway making a signing Les didn’t want, Ian Butterworth making a signing none of them had seemingly seen…

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/46457/ollie-on-tra

Seeing a lot of these new behind the scenes football docs i don't think this is unusual that you have several voices and people involved in transfers, one of the things to come out of that Arsenal all or nothing one was how unprofessional it all looked on transfer deadline day.

You have clubs like Brighton, Brentford who seem to know what they are doing but even with them I doubt every signing is picked by the same person, they have a large and very good recruitment team.

At most clubs it's never just one person bringing players in even when it was old school all down to the managers in charge like Gerry Francis he had players recommended to him by the cleaning lady once, i think it's a long held football myth that it's ever been one person doing it all and it shouldn't be.

[Post edited 10 Jan 2023 18:30]
Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 18:31 - Jan 10 with 1267 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 16:56 - Jan 10 by francisbowles

But to balance that out, don't forget Colin Clarke, Rob Hulse and Peter Vagen-Moen.

They were fringe players. Remember, we're not Man City; we can't afford to build a squad consisting of 2 starting 11s.

Anyway, frankly I'm growing a bit sick and tired of the apologists targeting Warnock for some criticism. He did a terrific job and should be revered rather than reviled. That championship winning team that he built had guts, character, and talent. What I'd give to see a similar team today.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2023 18:37]
Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 18:39 - Jan 10 with 1236 viewsSakura

Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 17:13 - Jan 10 by Antti_Heinola

Bizarre post.
What this is just making thinmgs that have happened fit your own narrative.

I'll do it too. Here's what Olly said about Goss: "I've managed to borrow one or two from United over the years, but sometimes you spot one and you want him - and that's exactly why I've brought Gossy here.'

So, using your impeccable methods, I can absolutely guarantee you that the person desperate to sign Goss was in fact, Ian Holloway.

Firstly I would disagree on that it’s not an excuse for Belks position to be so vague you think it’s sufficiently questionable whether Goss was more a Belk or Holloway signing. He needs to be assessable. Not just very rarely put his hand up for credit on the odd occasion we make a good signing.

I’m not buying NorthernR’s strange claim that he took on the role of recruitment analyst in 2015 but didn’t make a signing until August 2017 in Smyth who although failed was a popular signing. Conveniently skipping the involvement in Sean Goss signing and 2016 car crash

Just doesn’t pass the smell test this Belk. What a failure if it took him 4 windows to have any signings input. Not as if he was from a cold start either because of his scouting role previously

NorthernR complains about players with connections to coaches signing but then distances the one good one in Willock from the coach he worked with. I just am not buying it.

At the very least we need more transparency from Belk going forward

And for you to understand the scapegoating part that you find bizarre I would point you to a threads on this exact topic by Rob Henderson. Who talks first about the cathartic experience of scapegoating.

https://mobile.twitter.com/robkhenderson/status/1598840523925569536

He auses Tocqueville's work on Democratic elections bringing stability because of "a controlled expulsion of the leadership". We get to "project all our anger and leadership onto the leading administration, to have our friends and allies bolster our certainty of the leading administration. And it's psychological release valve is so important"

The NHS might have a £170 billion a year budget. 1 in 20 of the working population working for it. But every election Labour voters kid themselves into thinking if it wasn't a Tory government it would somehow be better and isnt on a path to deteriation as our society average age rises and our National Debt balloons as we borrow to fund it despite the growing inflation and interest rates that restricts our ability to borrow more. It's the same thinking applied here. I am saying like society wanting to now blame the Tories for our own selfish lockdown, NIMBY and demographic inflicted mess we need a scapegoat

Henderson quotes Girard that to "establish a peaceful society in a time of turmoil" the expulsion must be "maximally violent and deceitful". Now it's not literal violence here. But maybe it is deceitful. If Belk is depsite all evidence good at his job.

But we are in a time of turmoil. We will soon need a scapegoat if results don’t improve

We as I see it, need that release valve. But I dont think it can be the owners or Critchley. That would be too harmful to the club. And as a scapegoat must be "close enough to the chaos that the lie they are responsible for the chaos is believable"

I feel that we can find at least the same standard of alternatives to Belk and Ferdinand within our budget. So for me. They need to be our scapegoat. And I actually believe with good reason as I genuinely do think both have underperformed
[Post edited 10 Jan 2023 18:40]
Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 18:46 - Jan 10 with 1210 viewsOldPedro

Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 18:39 - Jan 10 by Sakura

Firstly I would disagree on that it’s not an excuse for Belks position to be so vague you think it’s sufficiently questionable whether Goss was more a Belk or Holloway signing. He needs to be assessable. Not just very rarely put his hand up for credit on the odd occasion we make a good signing.

I’m not buying NorthernR’s strange claim that he took on the role of recruitment analyst in 2015 but didn’t make a signing until August 2017 in Smyth who although failed was a popular signing. Conveniently skipping the involvement in Sean Goss signing and 2016 car crash

Just doesn’t pass the smell test this Belk. What a failure if it took him 4 windows to have any signings input. Not as if he was from a cold start either because of his scouting role previously

NorthernR complains about players with connections to coaches signing but then distances the one good one in Willock from the coach he worked with. I just am not buying it.

And for you to understand the scapegoating part that you find bizarre I would point you to a threads on this exact topic by Rob Henderson. Who talks first about the cathartic experience of scapegoating.

He auses Tocqueville's work on Democratic elections bringing stability because of "a controlled expulsion of the leadership". We get to "project all our anger and leadership onto the leading administration, to have our friends and allies bolster our certainty of the leading administration. And it's psychological release valve is so important"

The NHS might have a £170 billion a year budget. 1 in 20 of the working population working for it. But every election Labour voters kid themselves into thinking if it wasn't a Tory government it would somehow be better and isnt on a path to deteriation as our society average age rises and our National Debt balloons as we borrow to fund it despite the growing inflation and interest rates that restricts our ability to borrow more. It's the same thinking applied here. I am saying like society wanting to now blame the Tories for our own selfish lockdown, NIMBY and demographic inflicted mess we need a scapegoat

Henderson quotes Girard that to "establish a peaceful society in a time of turmoil" the expulsion must be "maximally violent and deceitful". Now it's not literal violence here. But maybe it is deceitful. If Belk is depsite all evidence good at his job.

But we are in a time of turmoil. We will soon need a scapegoat if results don’t improve

We as I see it, need that release valve. But I dont think it can be the owners or Critchley. That would be too harmful to the club. And as a scapegoat must be "close enough to the chaos that the lie they are responsible for the chaos is believable"

I feel that we can find at least the same standard of alternatives to Belk and Ferdinand within our budget. So for me. They need to be our scapegoat. And I actually believe with good reason as I genuinely do think both have underperformed

2 questions:

What has Belk done to you - has he run over your cat?
When are you taking over, cos you seem to have all the answers?

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 18:58 - Jan 10 with 1156 viewsSakura

Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 18:46 - Jan 10 by OldPedro

2 questions:

Belk is undoubtedly at least part of the reason so many of my Saturdays at around 5pm have been so s** t and I think our chances would be improved if he were to leave and as I explained I think it will be healthy for the club to make a change if results don’t quickly improve

Maybe it’s harsh but I feel for the health of this club. If Bhatia is actively looking for Belk and Les’ replacement then that could soon be a good thing. Win at Reading and beat Swansea though and the need for such a change abates massively

I don’t trust him. He’s kept too quiet about the many failed signings. But clearly got NorthernR on side to be noisy about his claimed success on Willock

Now also wanting to take credit for Paal. But funny enough stays quiet on likes of Roberts. And apparently he was skiving for first 18 months of his job so had no involvement in Borysiuk, Ngbakato, Bidwell, Lynch, or Goss

I honestly think if any of those had turned into Eze type sales he would not have kept so firmly distanced from those signings
Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 19:06 - Jan 10 with 1130 viewsslmrstid

Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 18:58 - Jan 10 by Sakura

Belk is undoubtedly at least part of the reason so many of my Saturdays at around 5pm have been so s** t and I think our chances would be improved if he were to leave and as I explained I think it will be healthy for the club to make a change if results don’t quickly improve

Maybe it’s harsh but I feel for the health of this club. If Bhatia is actively looking for Belk and Les’ replacement then that could soon be a good thing. Win at Reading and beat Swansea though and the need for such a change abates massively

I don’t trust him. He’s kept too quiet about the many failed signings. But clearly got NorthernR on side to be noisy about his claimed success on Willock

Now also wanting to take credit for Paal. But funny enough stays quiet on likes of Roberts. And apparently he was skiving for first 18 months of his job so had no involvement in Borysiuk, Ngbakato, Bidwell, Lynch, or Goss

I honestly think if any of those had turned into Eze type sales he would not have kept so firmly distanced from those signings

I'm impressed, in an incredulous way, at how you've shoe-horned your political waffles into posts on QPR's recruitment team.

Back to Benny's last post - I dont think many, if any, are critical of Warnock's reign. He definitely gave me the best QPR supporting year of my life and I'm sure that's true for many of my age group, and others older and younger and I will always be very fond of him for that. That team though did come with a very expensive price tag that the club now cannot, or will not, pay out for in this FFP age.

I think we have a lot of wimps in our current squad, but we could get players that give us guts and blood and thunder and finish 23rd, and the guts, blood and thunder stuff won't be so fondly looked upon then.

Guts, blood and thunder and desirable when it wins. As are wimpy, skilful players.

Basically we're all moody because QPR are losing at the moment, and badly. With wimpy, skilful players. If we were losing with guts, blood and thunder but useless players we'd all be moaning about that instead.
Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 19:15 - Jan 10 with 1117 viewsgolborne

Adel wasn’t the right sort, in fact he was the worst sort, but won us the league.
And Warnock dumped a bunch of these players early doors in the Prem. Derry for example was really put out, but Prem wasn’t his, or the others level.
So let’s get a bunch of grafters/knuckle draggers in like that lot in South Yorks, get promoted and find we have a team of shadow chasers at that level, who are gonna get it handed to them every week. Or, panic and sign a bunch of stop gaps on big wages to try to fill the enormous cracks.

I’m in the camp of playing good football in the championship, and if by chance we got promoted we might have some foundations.

And do remember we have a Derry in Sam field. Derry had Faurlin alongside, not another clogger. We need Stephan back alongside Field and things will change. When Stephan is in the team and playing well, everything else clicks into place. He works hard and is creative, so we need to look to be replacing him long term, not a nasty bastard! If anybody wants that I suggest the scrubs on a Sunday morning, but you might even be disappointed there - amateur football mostly ain’t even that these days LOL
Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 19:17 - Jan 10 with 1087 viewsstainrods_elbow

Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 18:46 - Jan 10 by OldPedro

2 questions:

Just rise above him, Sakura. Some serious counter-argument here, and I'm loving the philosophical stuff on Rene Girard and the scapegoat mechanism (having played that horrible role for more than a few in my time, including on this board).

I don't know if we need, or have, or should be isolating one scapegoat - our current plight is a collective failure that all involved need to be examined for. The trouble is, as I've been pointing out so long my digit seems to have frozen in mid-air, is that 'performance review' and Les, Hoos, and Belk, who love to boast about their 'due diligence' in everything they get their often incompetent mitts on, not to mention Jude the Cat and probably the tea lady if we still have one, just don't get together at inferiority-laden QPR.

As a traditionalist of some kind, it's nuts to me if the manager isn't having the first, if not the only, say in transfers. Whyt should Critchley (or anyone suppsoedly in charge) have to deal with players he may not want? In any event, clearly, the current set-up is seriously flawed, when you look at the results it's (not) producing.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2023 19:20]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 19:26 - Jan 10 with 1103 viewsNorthernr

Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 18:39 - Jan 10 by Sakura

While I appreciate it's one of your favourite things to come on here every couple of weeks and come after me "NorthernR’s strange claim that he took on the role of recruitment analyst in 2015 but didn’t make a signing until August 2017 in Smyth" is not NorthernR's strange claim at all, I was merely quoting what he said in an interview which I have provided a link to. I've no idea whether that one is true or not true, you may not believe him and that's fine, but it's nothing to do with me other than I asked the question and then wrote down what he said.

Nor have I conveniently skipped Sean Goss. I've provided another link to another interview where the manager at the time says that was a pick by Ian Butterworth, who led recruitment before Belk. Again, you choose not to believe it, fine, but I haven't made it up, I asked about Sean Goss, I wrote down the answer, and I've provided the link.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 19:29 - Jan 10 with 1090 viewsNorthernr

Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 19:17 - Jan 10 by stainrods_elbow

Just rise above him, Sakura. Some serious counter-argument here, and I'm loving the philosophical stuff on Rene Girard and the scapegoat mechanism (having played that horrible role for more than a few in my time, including on this board).

I don't know if we need, or have, or should be isolating one scapegoat - our current plight is a collective failure that all involved need to be examined for. The trouble is, as I've been pointing out so long my digit seems to have frozen in mid-air, is that 'performance review' and Les, Hoos, and Belk, who love to boast about their 'due diligence' in everything they get their often incompetent mitts on, not to mention Jude the Cat and probably the tea lady if we still have one, just don't get together at inferiority-laden QPR.

As a traditionalist of some kind, it's nuts to me if the manager isn't having the first, if not the only, say in transfers. Whyt should Critchley (or anyone suppsoedly in charge) have to deal with players he may not want? In any event, clearly, the current set-up is seriously flawed, when you look at the results it's (not) producing.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2023 19:20]

Because look what happens with this ownership when you give the manager everything he wants - Mark Hughes and his special mate Kia. We need a DOF system more than most clubs - maybe not this DOF, and maybe not operating this way, but certainly something between a bloke whose only interest is staving off the sack and making as much money as he can and a guy who'll happily spend £12m on a striker because he enjoyed playing Fifa 15 with him.
Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 19:37 - Jan 10 with 1045 viewsNorthernr

Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 18:58 - Jan 10 by Sakura

NorthernR again. Getting a bit weird now TBF.
Andy Belk video....Is this working? on 20:01 - Jan 10 with 971 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

NorthernR ate my hamster.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024