Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Berkshire FC Fakes Match Thread 12:14 - Jan 13 with 43600 viewsMonkey_Roots

My first (I think) match thread.

I have no clue which version of us will turn up.

I assume if there is a 'first' to be had for Reading, they will achieve it here, or if a player hasn't scored for 400 matches, he'll likely bag himself a brace in this game, or the first might be that they actually fill the stadium.

Nevertheless, I'm hoping, foolishly, that Sheff Utd was the new normal, and Fleetwood was the anomaly (albeit typical cup result).

1—2 with Chair and Willock on the scoresheet.
Berkshire FC Fakes Match Thread on 17:53 - Jan 14 with 3065 viewsHAYESBOY

Fark me. Turned off my feed at half time and come back to Desmond.

I'm not watching it next week.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Berkshire FC Fakes Match Thread on 18:01 - Jan 14 with 2967 viewsAntti_Heinola

Berkshire FC Fakes Match Thread on 17:37 - Jan 14 by dmm

Roberts took his first goal very well and was in the box for the second which was good. However, his overall play was, as usual, not that great even though everyone upped their game after the first goal including him.

We're not a side that can carry a player like Roberts who'll have occasional good moments and games. We really do need players who will be full on.

so he was sh|te apart from the two match-saving goals he scored then?

He scored as many goals in one half today as we managed in our previous SIX champ games put together. At the moment, I'll take that!

Anyway, my point stands. As a fanbase, we write off far too many players far too quickly.

Bare bones.

Berkshire FC Fakes Match Thread on 18:05 - Jan 14 with 2913 viewsBklynRanger

Roberts was actually pressuring the keeper from the start today from what I saw, and was quite vocal and engaged. That was by half time too. Looked like he wants to play for The Critch to me.
Berkshire FC Fakes Match Thread on 18:22 - Jan 14 with 2782 viewsCiderwithRsie

Berkshire FC Fakes Match Thread on 17:53 - Jan 14 by HAYESBOY

Fark me. Turned off my feed at half time and come back to Desmond.

I'm not watching it next week.

We all have to play our part.

I look forward to the tributes from Critchley:

"The crowd really were our 12th man, the Loft were terrific and practically sucked in that 94th minute winner, but above all I'd like to thank Hayesboy for staying at home with the TV off, his fingers in his ears, and his phone chucked in the garden pond.

We couldn't have done it with him."
Berkshire FC Fakes Match Thread on 18:28 - Jan 14 with 2701 viewsdmm

Berkshire FC Fakes Match Thread on 18:01 - Jan 14 by Antti_Heinola

He scored as many goals in one half today as we managed in our previous SIX champ games put together. At the moment, I'll take that!

Anyway, my point stands. As a fanbase, we write off far too many players far too quickly.

I agree we shouldn't write off players too quickly but as supporters we have every right to assess a player's performance.

I didn't say Roberts was shyte.

After watching Roberts in his 16 games for QPR, including today, I feel he does not affect the game nearly enough and is often carried through games by others. That said, I'm delighted he got a brace today and hope he can use that as a springboard to better performances.
Berkshire FC Fakes Match Thread on 18:35 - Jan 14 with 2652 viewsHAYESBOY

Berkshire FC Fakes Match Thread on 18:22 - Jan 14 by CiderwithRsie

We all have to play our part.

I look forward to the tributes from Critchley:

"The crowd really were our 12th man, the Loft were terrific and practically sucked in that 94th minute winner, but above all I'd like to thank Hayesboy for staying at home with the TV off, his fingers in his ears, and his phone chucked in the garden pond.

We couldn't have done it with him."

Least I can do.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Berkshire FC Fakes Match Thread on 18:40 - Jan 14 with 2593 viewsMrSheen

Berkshire FC Fakes Match Thread on 18:28 - Jan 14 by dmm

I agree we shouldn't write off players too quickly but as supporters we have every right to assess a player's performance.

I didn't say Roberts was shyte.

After watching Roberts in his 16 games for QPR, including today, I feel he does not affect the game nearly enough and is often carried through games by others. That said, I'm delighted he got a brace today and hope he can use that as a springboard to better performances.

The thing that has bugged me about him is that he so rarely seems to be in the box in a position he can score…at least until Chair ignored him late against Sheffield United. A different story in the second half today fortunately.
Berkshire FC Fakes Match Thread on 19:01 - Jan 14 with 2442 viewsQPsyR

All I can say especially after what happened in the first half is well done Rangers :-)

FKA AcidPixie

Login to get fewer ads

Berkshire FC Fakes Match Thread on 19:03 - Jan 14 with 2423 viewsDannyPaddox

These match threads are magic. Couldn’t get to the game today and phone expired after 60 minutes when we were 2 down. Trawling through this has to be the closest thing (to heaven?) no … to being there. Fantastic curation from Master McCarthy and great contributions from many. Quote of thread courtesy Mick S: “They’ll be dancing in the aisles of the Elizabeth Line tonight” 😆

Yooo RRRsss!!!
Berkshire FC Fakes Match Thread on 19:05 - Jan 14 with 2408 viewstraininvain

Berkshire FC Fakes Match Thread on 18:01 - Jan 14 by Antti_Heinola

Roberts has been slowly improving since the restart. Hit the bar vs Luton, unlucky not to get a couple of assists including a top class cross that Dykes fluffed. And a brace today. He’s probably our biggest attacking threat at the moment.
Berkshire FC Fakes Match Thread on 19:06 - Jan 14 with 2389 viewsnix

Berkshire FC Fakes Match Thread on 17:00 - Jan 14 by dmm

Much better as the second half progressed. Why? We moved the ball quicker, that's why. Lowe was instrumental in that in setting up the first goal and from there we found a bit of mojo.

It's not rocket salad, and quite within our capability.

Football eh?

Thousand times this.

When we move the ball quickly we looked so much better,

Liked the look of Lowe, his movement and pace what we needed but we were awful in the first half, and I'm generally pretty positive.

The lack of movement, the slow decision making, the playing in front of them by our defence, the endless passing and dribbling across the outside of their box was poor. But kudos to the team for coming back with a much improved second half.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2023 19:12]
Berkshire FC Fakes Match Thread on 19:16 - Jan 14 with 2325 viewsthemodfather

never in doubt, we are great and the true SUPERHOOPS.
Berkshire FC Fakes Match Thread on 19:19 - Jan 14 with 2292 viewsdavman

Have read my half time post back and stand by it. It didn't feel that we weren't trying, but Reading played with an energy we didn't seem to have, particularly Ince, Hoilett and Carroll.

Their influence waned at about 55 mins presumably because they were knackered and in the last half hour we took the game to them. Much, much better 2nd half, we seemed to find extra energy. Substitutes should have happened at half time (or at least Lowe for Willock).

2nd half good to see...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Berkshire FC Fakes Match Thread on 20:08 - Jan 14 with 2019 viewsjoolsyp

Berkshire FC Fakes Match Thread on 17:22 - Jan 14 by Toast_R

Johansen when he gets back in

Do you think he will stay fit though?
Berkshire FC Fakes Match Thread on 20:18 - Jan 14 with 1950 viewspaulparker

Great comeback I said we needed to show some bollox and we did

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Berkshire FC Fakes Match Thread (n/t) on 20:24 - Jan 14 with 1885 viewsMick_S

Berkshire FC Fakes Match Thread on 20:18 - Jan 14 by paulparker

Great comeback I said we needed to show some bollox and we did

[Post edited 15 Jan 2023 19:54]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Berkshire FC Fakes Match Thread on 19:51 - Jan 15 with 1284 viewsSonofpugwash

Nice bunch their fans.
Comments have bee reported.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmhqmypWAAAK1-W?format=jpg&name=medium

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:48 - Feb 1 with 995 viewsRangersDave

Berkshire FC Fakes Match Thread on 15:53 - Jan 14 by Damo1962

Starting to seem that way, but they are still shite.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:47 - Feb 1 with 890 viewsTheChef

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:48 - Feb 1 by RangersDave

You alright Dave?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Berkshire FC Fakes Match Thread on 12:52 - Feb 1 with 879 viewsRangersDave

Hi mate, yes am fine, and i didnt add that post, i think. lol

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024