Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leyton Orient (a) match thread 15:51 - Feb 14 with 20213 viewsSheffdale

I have a question for iFollow users. I am going to be late home this evening but if I buy a video pass, can I switch on, 'rewind' and watch as if live when I get in? I've emailed iFollow support but as ever I fully expect the better and quicker answer from this board.

Edit: iFollow confirm that I can go back to the match start once I log on, so no peeking from me at this forum this evening, must also avoid Twitter and on the off chance we get three points then I should pass on News at Ten headlines.....
[Post edited 14 Feb 2023 17:22]
Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 23:55 - Feb 14 with 2689 viewsSandyman

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 22:35 - Feb 14 by Cedar_Room

So we need 9 wins from our final 15 games when we’ve only won 1 of our last 12?
And there are some who still think this isn’t over?

We've won 5 out of 31 in the league. 9 wins from the next 15 seems ridiculous on paper and would supersede the late run of 1987 that kept us in the football league. Nobody thought that would happen. It's less likely now. Prove us wrong Dale players.
Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 01:09 - Feb 15 with 2556 viewsDorkingDale

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 18:56 - Feb 14 by 100569

I remember being at Orient oneTuesday night and witnessing a very bad spanking !!

Yep - in torrential rain on the terrace behind the goal. Still haunts me.....and I only lived just across the marshes at the time.
Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 01:14 - Feb 15 with 2551 viewsDorkingDale

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 22:28 - Feb 14 by HullDale

Kelly was stripped off and ready to come on with Seriki & Campbell, then Bentley changed his mind.

Kelly was clearly not happy, sat on the steps next to the dug out throwing his shin pads & boots on the floor.

6 or 7 minutes later we brought Mellor on.

Yep - that was really odd...
Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 05:17 - Feb 15 with 2455 viewspioneer

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 21:08 - Feb 14 by James1980

Well at least we know we have a player who can score in national league

Not if he has Bentley as manager
Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 06:52 - Feb 15 with 2356 viewsJames1980

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 05:17 - Feb 15 by pioneer

Not if he has Bentley as manager

Would we stick with him in NL though?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 07:41 - Feb 15 with 2247 viewsHullDale

After 31 games this year we sit on 21 points.

After 31 games last year, Scunthorpe were on 22 & Oldham on 30.

Last year, 45 points was enough to stay up, but over the last 5 years its been an average of around 47 points.

That means (based on the last 5 years) we need to average 1.7/1.8ppg to stay up, or 8 wins and 2 draws from our final 15. Having won 1, drawn 3 and lost 8 of our last 12, that feels borderline impossible.

I'm deflated / gutted / angry this morning, as reality has sunk in. Maybe the board are right not to sack Bentley as there is just no point. Hopefully he has a relegation clause in his contract and we can start afresh next season if and when the seemingly inevitable happens.
Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 08:10 - Feb 15 with 2180 viewsfinberty

So have I got this correct? We only used Mellor for approximately 180 seconds, didn't use Kelly at all, yet found room for EEL as part of the assumed tactic to secure a draw somehow?
Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 08:23 - Feb 15 with 2136 viewsTalkingSutty

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 08:10 - Feb 15 by finberty

So have I got this correct? We only used Mellor for approximately 180 seconds, didn't use Kelly at all, yet found room for EEL as part of the assumed tactic to secure a draw somehow?

We also used Ball...don't forget Ball👍
Login to get fewer ads

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 08:29 - Feb 15 with 2107 viewsCedar_Room

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 07:41 - Feb 15 by HullDale

After 31 games this year we sit on 21 points.

After 31 games last year, Scunthorpe were on 22 & Oldham on 30.

Last year, 45 points was enough to stay up, but over the last 5 years its been an average of around 47 points.

That means (based on the last 5 years) we need to average 1.7/1.8ppg to stay up, or 8 wins and 2 draws from our final 15. Having won 1, drawn 3 and lost 8 of our last 12, that feels borderline impossible.

I'm deflated / gutted / angry this morning, as reality has sunk in. Maybe the board are right not to sack Bentley as there is just no point. Hopefully he has a relegation clause in his contract and we can start afresh next season if and when the seemingly inevitable happens.

And Scunthorpe ended up getting relegated with 4 games still to play. Can imagine something similar happening to us. Bradford home game on April 15th could be the one where it happens.
Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 08:29 - Feb 15 with 2099 viewsJames1980

For me it only makes sense if the players brought on have lower appearance bonuses.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 08:49 - Feb 15 with 2001 viewsseasidedale

For me it’s time for Jim to go, bring in a fresh face, have a go and see what happens we can’t be any worse with a change, last throw of the dice I think, we don’t want to leave it too late
Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 09:05 - Feb 15 with 1938 viewsrichfoad32

Bennett hasn't played any league football for over 7 months so maybe he was feeling the effects of of his third game in 10 days, so you can see the reasoning behind his substitution. Ball for Diagouraga is much of a muchness, I would've introduced Kelly as we were chasing the game, his strop probably won't have endeared him to Bentley.

I've seen nothing in Mellor to think he's going to have any impact during the run in, though to be fair others have. The strange one for me is Campbell, who showed some classy touches after his introduction and perhaps should've come on earlier.

And is Aidy White injured (again)? I thought he played a big role in our recent modest three game unbeaten run and helped to solidify the defence. Dodgson has done alright but was given the runaround last night.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 9:11]
Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 09:22 - Feb 15 with 1862 viewsnordenblue

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 08:49 - Feb 15 by seasidedale

For me it’s time for Jim to go, bring in a fresh face, have a go and see what happens we can’t be any worse with a change, last throw of the dice I think, we don’t want to leave it too late

I've a feeling it may be already too late, you're then bringing in any new manager who doesn't even know the team and is stuck with this shower with no options to even change it.... the overweight lady is clearing her throat
Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 09:24 - Feb 15 with 1857 viewsIOMDale

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 08:49 - Feb 15 by seasidedale

I’d say it’s already too late for this season but in terms of forward planning, we need to be looking towards life in the NL next season now and planning accordingly. The board were backed into a corner at the fans’ forum in terms of backing Jim to the end of the season but we could do with appointing somebody now (John Askey knows the NL and is available) with a view to getting ready for August.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 9:58]

UTDNFS

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 09:52 - Feb 15 with 1781 viewsTalkingSutty

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 09:24 - Feb 15 by IOMDale

I’d say it’s already too late for this season but in terms of forward planning, we need to be looking towards life in the NL next season now and planning accordingly. The board were backed into a corner at the fans’ forum in terms of backing Jim to the end of the season but we could do with appointing somebody now (John Askey knows the NL and is available) with a view to getting ready for August.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 9:58]

Very good call regarding Askey but that would mean us being pro-active probably within the next week or so and i don't see that happening. A new manager needs the remainder of the season to assess the squad and hit the ground running. This squad of players haven't underperformed all season, we sit bottom of the league on merit.I haven't seen a worse team this season.
Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 10:38 - Feb 15 with 1675 viewsNorthernDale

In respect to Bentley, do we give the opportunity to create his own team and to be fair he inherited potentially the worse squad for decades. His recruitment in January as been to a degree okay, with Bennett and Mullarkey, I accept the signings of Eastwood and Mellor may be questionable. I can understand bringing in somebody like Askey or even Keith in the role of D.o.F (even on a p/t role) to oversee all aspects of the footballing side of the club and to advise the manager may be an option. We cannot change our manager every few months, we need to develop a long-term plan, which Dunphy developed with Keith and plan for the future.

I also agree that we need to plan for next season, whilst we still have an outside chance of survival and we can all hope of salvation until we hear the trap door opening. The planning must be going on for the squad for next season at present and not in May.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 10:45]
Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 10:50 - Feb 15 with 1627 viewsHullDale

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 10:38 - Feb 15 by NorthernDale

In respect to Bentley, do we give the opportunity to create his own team and to be fair he inherited potentially the worse squad for decades. His recruitment in January as been to a degree okay, with Bennett and Mullarkey, I accept the signings of Eastwood and Mellor may be questionable. I can understand bringing in somebody like Askey or even Keith in the role of D.o.F (even on a p/t role) to oversee all aspects of the footballing side of the club and to advise the manager may be an option. We cannot change our manager every few months, we need to develop a long-term plan, which Dunphy developed with Keith and plan for the future.

I also agree that we need to plan for next season, whilst we still have an outside chance of survival and we can all hope of salvation until we hear the trap door opening. The planning must be going on for the squad for next season at present and not in May.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 10:45]

Last night 5 of the 11 and 7 of the 18 were Bentley signings - if Adshead was available that would've likely been 6 and 8.

The rationale that this isn't Bentley's squad is wearing thin for me now - he has recruited players and had around 32 games and 6 months to fix the others. How many players have we realistically seen 6 months' worth of improvement from in that time?

Askey was rumoured to be linked with us shortly before he left York, and depending who you listen to turned us down because of budget, facilities, the squad or a mixture of all three. Can we realistically say (with the exception of facilities) we would be a more attractive proposition now than we were in August? I don't know if we will have paid Stockdale or Shan off less than planned because they got new roles, but we're likely to need to pay off Bentley & Chadwick if we make a change and that eats into an already diminishing budget.
Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 10:55 - Feb 15 with 1591 viewsIOMDale

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 10:50 - Feb 15 by HullDale

Last night 5 of the 11 and 7 of the 18 were Bentley signings - if Adshead was available that would've likely been 6 and 8.

The rationale that this isn't Bentley's squad is wearing thin for me now - he has recruited players and had around 32 games and 6 months to fix the others. How many players have we realistically seen 6 months' worth of improvement from in that time?

Askey was rumoured to be linked with us shortly before he left York, and depending who you listen to turned us down because of budget, facilities, the squad or a mixture of all three. Can we realistically say (with the exception of facilities) we would be a more attractive proposition now than we were in August? I don't know if we will have paid Stockdale or Shan off less than planned because they got new roles, but we're likely to need to pay off Bentley & Chadwick if we make a change and that eats into an already diminishing budget.

That’s true re: Askey but in the meantime, he’s been sacked, we’ve started training at Platt Lane, he’d basically get to build an almost-entirely new squad in the summer and our budget surely has to be a little more competitive in the NL. I’d say, in terms of attractiveness, we’re probably slightly more fanciable to Askey than when Stockdale got sacked.

UTDNFS

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 11:03 - Feb 15 with 1568 viewselectricblue

Looking at the squad how many will want to play in the NL next season.

I would be looking at offering Sam Graham a new contract and Rhys Bennett also the possibilty of Henderson aswell...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 11:03 - Feb 15 with 1566 viewsHullDale

The starting point for whoever is manager next season is:

GK Richard O'Donnell - Summer 2024

RB/CB Toby Mullarkey - Summer 2024
CB Ethan Ebanks-Landell - Summer 2024
CB Max Taylor - Summer 2024
LCB Cameron John - Summer 2024

CM James Ball - Summer 2024
AM Abraham Odoh - Summer 2024

CF Ian Henderson - Summer 2023*
CF Tahvon Campbell - Summer 2024
CF Devante Rodney - Summer 2024

*maybe 2024 if Hendo has triggered a one year extension based on appearances.
Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 11:10 - Feb 15 with 1538 viewselectricblue

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 11:03 - Feb 15 by HullDale

Some high earners on that list.
O'Donnell.
Landell.
John..

I think the club will look to off loading those three

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 11:29 - Feb 15 with 1466 viewsrichfoad32

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 11:10 - Feb 15 by electricblue

Some high earners on that list.
O'Donnell.
Landell.
John..

I think the club will look to off loading those three

O'Donnell is probably the pick of those three and he hasn't exactly covered himself in glory.

Looking to offload them and actually being able too are two entirely different things.,
Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 11:46 - Feb 15 with 1416 viewsleedsdale

I could be wrong, but I thought Odoh was out of contract this summer but with an option in the clubs favour?
Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 12:02 - Feb 15 with 1353 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 11:03 - Feb 15 by electricblue

Looking at the squad how many will want to play in the NL next season.

I would be looking at offering Sam Graham a new contract and Rhys Bennett also the possibilty of Henderson aswell...

Don’t think a player that has played in a team that’s been relegated from lg2 to the national league will be snowed under with offers to be honest!!
Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 12:49 - Feb 15 with 1221 viewsdavidab2202

Mention of Rodney--has he left the building ,injured or perhaps concentrating on getting up to speed on a Monday or Thursday?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024