Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leyton Orient (a) match thread 15:51 - Feb 14 with 20297 viewsSheffdale

I have a question for iFollow users. I am going to be late home this evening but if I buy a video pass, can I switch on, 'rewind' and watch as if live when I get in? I've emailed iFollow support but as ever I fully expect the better and quicker answer from this board.

Edit: iFollow confirm that I can go back to the match start once I log on, so no peeking from me at this forum this evening, must also avoid Twitter and on the off chance we get three points then I should pass on News at Ten headlines.....
[Post edited 14 Feb 2023 17:22]
Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 21:25 - Feb 14 with 3317 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 21:21 - Feb 14 by D_Alien

What accent do you have, Yorkshire?

Fluent Tyke-ish.
Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 21:26 - Feb 14 with 3269 viewsD_Alien

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 21:25 - Feb 14 by Yorkshire_Dale

Fluent Tyke-ish.

Key shit?

(ana.)

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 21:31 - Feb 14 with 3192 viewsBarrowdale

How shite are ball and landell
Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 21:33 - Feb 14 with 3157 viewsjoecooke

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 21:31 - Feb 14 by Barrowdale

How shite are ball and landell

landell is a liability

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 21:36 - Feb 14 with 3082 views_Windydale

Always a tough game this one, against a top-of-the-league, confident well drilled side.
For Jim Bentley's team to punish Orient and win is a big ask. Were playing alright - albeit losing. But no need to get hysterical and scream for Bentleys head.Damage had been done first half of the season by players who didn't a rats arse.
Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 21:39 - Feb 14 with 3019 viewsBarrowdale

Sub with 2 mins to go. Prick
Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 21:46 - Feb 14 with 2845 views442Dale

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 21:36 - Feb 14 by _Windydale

Always a tough game this one, against a top-of-the-league, confident well drilled side.
For Jim Bentley's team to punish Orient and win is a big ask. Were playing alright - albeit losing. But no need to get hysterical and scream for Bentleys head.Damage had been done first half of the season by players who didn't a rats arse.

First half of the season: 16 points from 23 games. 0.69 points a game

Eight games since, 5 points. 0.63 points a game.

The argument is that nothing has got better across the season. In terms of results, it hasn’t.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 21:51 - Feb 14 with 2658 viewsD_Alien

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 21:46 - Feb 14 by 442Dale

First half of the season: 16 points from 23 games. 0.69 points a game

Eight games since, 5 points. 0.63 points a game.

The argument is that nothing has got better across the season. In terms of results, it hasn’t.

Tbf, the first 23 games yielded 0.7, if you're rounding up the latter 8 games to 0.63

If we win on Saturday, that'll increase to 0.89

Login to get fewer ads

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 21:51 - Feb 14 with 2671 viewsCedar_Room

Finished 2-1
We played better second half without it ever feeling like we were going to get anything from the game. The subs, again, were wholly ineffective. EEL was all over the place when he came on. Still have no idea why Ball remains at the club. He threw on Mellor for the last couple of minutes and the commentary said Bentley must be going all out for an extra goal as didn’t matter now if they lost by more than 2. I wouldn’t mind if that had been the strategy but it needed more than 3 minutes. Bentley always leaves it too late with his subs and that was no exception.
I’m sure I’m not the only one who is resigned to relegation now. I didn’t expect anything from that game because of where Orient are in the league but it was failing to pick up points in all those games against teams around us that will be the deciding factor. No way back from this.
Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 21:53 - Feb 14 with 2623 viewsJames1980

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 20:40 - Feb 14 by Dalenet

Midfield is non existent. We are like rabbits in the headlights against a well organised passing side who have been clinical when needed. Not even sure they have got out of first gear either.

So will Bentley change it at half time. He said Brearley wanted to come back training but not in the squad. Who else? Surely worth putting Kelly on now

I find it frustrating that when we were trying to be an 'organised passing side' possession based passing football was since as negative and boring with fans almost clamouring for the style we are attempting to play now. Just a shame we can't execute hoofball particularly well or indeed at all.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 22:01 - Feb 14 with 2511 viewsTrev

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 21:53 - Feb 14 by James1980

I find it frustrating that when we were trying to be an 'organised passing side' possession based passing football was since as negative and boring with fans almost clamouring for the style we are attempting to play now. Just a shame we can't execute hoofball particularly well or indeed at all.

The common theme is players and managers who weren't / aren't up to the required standard.
Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 22:01 - Feb 14 with 2507 viewsRodingdale

Thought we played relatively well,Orient fans on the tube agree- didn’t look top v bottom for long periods. A lot of positives but the starting 11 is pretty much it. Oh and the referee tonight was a dreadful homer, we got a booking for every foul. Onto a massive game on Saturday!!
Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 22:03 - Feb 14 with 2480 views_Windydale

I would say performances have looked better against top teams since the january window transfers. Win or lose. If we started with this team this year i reckon we would be sitting in safety.
Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 22:05 - Feb 14 with 2439 viewsTrev

Fair play, we gave it a go in the second half. Our subs didn't help and actually made us lose the momentum we had been building. Bentley's use of subs is awful and they smack of desperation. EEL in particular was a calamity. As a few people have said, it's not tonight that's going to relegate us but all those points dropped against fellow poor teams; especially at home.
Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 22:06 - Feb 14 with 2433 views442Dale

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 22:03 - Feb 14 by _Windydale

I would say performances have looked better against top teams since the january window transfers. Win or lose. If we started with this team this year i reckon we would be sitting in safety.

Would agree performances have been better but it’s still only one point in three games.

It’s a results business, even more so when it comes to decision making at the bottom of the league.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 22:17 - Feb 14 with 2298 viewsNorthernDale

I did not expect much from tonight, but why do we go 2 down and then decide to play? It is getting tiresome, but at 2 down, I imagined a total collapse, which did not happen, so a 2-1 defeat against the team at the top is better then I expected, but still leaves me feeling down.

The only good thing is that most of the other teams in the sh*t did not win, besides Gillingham, it means that Saturday is a most win, excuses are not good enough anymore. Again our midfield as been cr*p all season and Bentley has failed to address the issue, yes he been unlucky with Adshead, but we needed more then 1 new face in midfield. Why at 2-1 down, did he make the subs he did, Kelly is more creative, then Ball, but he prefers Ball and I know Mellor came on in the dying seconds, but what I have seen of him, he is not as good as Sinclair. It makes you wonder, if Sinclair is one of those, who did not get on with Bentley.

I do feel sorry for Bentley having seen the budget spent on players who are either not good enough or do not care, but at the same time his substitutions must questioned and why did he not strengthen the weakest part of the team, the midfield in January, we did not need another striker.
Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 22:25 - Feb 14 with 2195 viewsHullDale

Form Table Last Six

Form Table Last Twelve

The board have already told us they are sticking with Bentley, so the question now is where do we get the minimum 27 points from our last 15 games?

Gillingham (21st)
Stockport (7th)
Crewe (17th)
Stevenage (2nd)
Grimsby (19th)
Swindon (11th)
Crawley (22nd)
Wimbledon (13th)
Walsall (15th)
Mansfield (5th)
Bradford (8th)
Tranmere (12th)
Sutton (10th)
Stockport (7th)
Harrogate (20th)
Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 22:28 - Feb 14 with 2177 viewsHullDale

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 22:17 - Feb 14 by NorthernDale

I did not expect much from tonight, but why do we go 2 down and then decide to play? It is getting tiresome, but at 2 down, I imagined a total collapse, which did not happen, so a 2-1 defeat against the team at the top is better then I expected, but still leaves me feeling down.

The only good thing is that most of the other teams in the sh*t did not win, besides Gillingham, it means that Saturday is a most win, excuses are not good enough anymore. Again our midfield as been cr*p all season and Bentley has failed to address the issue, yes he been unlucky with Adshead, but we needed more then 1 new face in midfield. Why at 2-1 down, did he make the subs he did, Kelly is more creative, then Ball, but he prefers Ball and I know Mellor came on in the dying seconds, but what I have seen of him, he is not as good as Sinclair. It makes you wonder, if Sinclair is one of those, who did not get on with Bentley.

I do feel sorry for Bentley having seen the budget spent on players who are either not good enough or do not care, but at the same time his substitutions must questioned and why did he not strengthen the weakest part of the team, the midfield in January, we did not need another striker.

Kelly was stripped off and ready to come on with Seriki & Campbell, then Bentley changed his mind.

Kelly was clearly not happy, sat on the steps next to the dug out throwing his shin pads & boots on the floor.

6 or 7 minutes later we brought Mellor on.
Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 22:35 - Feb 14 with 2122 viewsCedar_Room

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 22:25 - Feb 14 by HullDale

Form Table Last Six

Form Table Last Twelve

The board have already told us they are sticking with Bentley, so the question now is where do we get the minimum 27 points from our last 15 games?

Gillingham (21st)
Stockport (7th)
Crewe (17th)
Stevenage (2nd)
Grimsby (19th)
Swindon (11th)
Crawley (22nd)
Wimbledon (13th)
Walsall (15th)
Mansfield (5th)
Bradford (8th)
Tranmere (12th)
Sutton (10th)
Stockport (7th)
Harrogate (20th)

So we need 9 wins from our final 15 games when we’ve only won 1 of our last 12?
And there are some who still think this isn’t over?
Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 22:41 - Feb 14 with 2069 viewsNorthernDale

That beggars belief, Kelly is far better then Mellor, and unlike Mellor and Ball could have created the chances to get a draw. What goes through Bentley thinking to make such irrational decisions.

I wonder if we can we call Sinclair back from Altrincham or is he there until the summer.
Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 22:45 - Feb 14 with 2008 viewsD_Alien

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 22:35 - Feb 14 by Cedar_Room

As posted elsewhere, minimum 7 wins + a few draws

Saturday has to be a win, although i think Gillingham might escape the drop and if we manage to scrape those points together it'll likely be Hartlepool & Crawley who'd go down

Either way, 2 from those 4, or 5 with Harrogate (our final game)

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 22:47 - Feb 14 with 1984 viewsDalenet

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 22:35 - Feb 14 by Cedar_Room

And people talk of Saturday as a must win....against a side top of the form league who are rejuvinated with a new owner, funds and an experienced manager and director football. I think the Gills game is going to be a real challenge for us. Sadly I think the game is up and it happened last weekend.
Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 22:47 - Feb 14 with 1984 viewsHullDale

Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 22:55 - Feb 14 with 1929 viewskel

No chance on Saturday, even if they were to bring Harvey Lim out of retirement!
Leyton Orient (a) match thread on 23:14 - Feb 14 with 1769 viewssomdale

We have to remember it's a different game for Orient,.or the endless other teams who have taken the lead against us this season, they become happy to sit back and let us play a bit more hoping for a counter attack probably, so all this talk we played better second half annoys me.
We do the same when we take the lead, only are not so good at it.
We will be saying oh we did ok after we conceded a goal or two all the way to the Conference, just not good enough, shouldn't have expected much today, but we have lost to so many teams around us recently, we are were we are on merit.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2023 23:27]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024