Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is it with Taylor Richards 08:50 - Apr 12 with 6159 viewsnumptydumpty

From all his cameos seems to offer vision with a fair amount of talent sprinkled in also. Apparently a childhood QPR fan also.

So why does he always get overlooked or is not even in the squad when fit.

From the game at West Brom in short time on the pitch, he nearly scored with a great diving header and then set up Dozzell with an opportunity that nearly went in also.

Doesn't though ever start and if on the bench, only ever comes on for ten minutes max.

Anyone in the know ? ?

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

What is it with Taylor Richards on 09:26 - Apr 12 with 4397 viewscolinallcars

He's allergic to the 21st century.
What is it with Taylor Richards on 09:36 - Apr 12 with 4354 viewsLoftgirl

Hay fever?
What is it with Taylor Richards on 09:37 - Apr 12 with 4350 viewsEsox_Lucius

We can't afford to buy him so not triggering a clause?

The grass is always greener.

What is it with Taylor Richards on 09:47 - Apr 12 with 4302 viewsfrancisbowles

There's no doubt he has had issues mainly off the pitch, some self inflicted, and in his personal life.
Perhaps he's not mentally strong enough(i.e. even more fragile than others) to be ready and to be trusted, to hold down a role in a struggling side.
What is it with Taylor Richards on 10:22 - Apr 12 with 4169 viewsstevec

All he needs is a pair of Velcro boots.

Can’t believe the club haven’t recognised that.
What is it with Taylor Richards on 10:32 - Apr 12 with 4145 viewsbosh67

The point is that no one really knows what's been going on. In theory he's the most talented player we've had here since Eze and you can see that in the flashes of play that we've seen. He has an abundance of skill, but there is obviously a problem behind the scenes limiting his game time.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

What is it with Taylor Richards on 10:38 - Apr 12 with 4124 viewsozexile

Anyone know how many games triggers his clause? We'd be made to purchase. He'll be on a free soon enough if we want him that bad. I'd avoid myself.
What is it with Taylor Richards on 10:51 - Apr 12 with 4069 viewsAntti_Heinola

What is it with Taylor Richards on 10:38 - Apr 12 by ozexile

Anyone know how many games triggers his clause? We'd be made to purchase. He'll be on a free soon enough if we want him that bad. I'd avoid myself.

it's not a clause, he'll be signing in the summer.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

What is it with Taylor Richards on 10:52 - Apr 12 with 4063 viewstoboboly

What is it with Taylor Richards on 10:51 - Apr 12 by Antti_Heinola

Can't wait for that

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

What is it with Taylor Richards on 10:57 - Apr 12 with 4015 viewsAntti_Heinola

What is it with Taylor Richards on 10:52 - Apr 12 by toboboly

Can't wait for that

He might surprise you.

I could reel off numerous players people thought were sh!te and not worth the time who took a year or more to show their worth. Not every signing is an instant hit. You get a few who are just made for the club and the team they're coming into - Mackie and Freeman are the two who spring to mind, but that's rare. Opposite end are the ones who take bloody ages due to any number of reasons (injury, manager, personal issues etc etc) but then blossom. People were criticising the club for keeping Dieng for so long at one stage!

Not saying that'll happen, but I don't think a single fan has seen enough yet to decide one way or another.

Bare bones.

What is it with Taylor Richards on 11:00 - Apr 12 with 4002 viewstoboboly

What is it with Taylor Richards on 10:57 - Apr 12 by Antti_Heinola

He might surprise you.

I could reel off numerous players people thought were sh!te and not worth the time who took a year or more to show their worth. Not every signing is an instant hit. You get a few who are just made for the club and the team they're coming into - Mackie and Freeman are the two who spring to mind, but that's rare. Opposite end are the ones who take bloody ages due to any number of reasons (injury, manager, personal issues etc etc) but then blossom. People were criticising the club for keeping Dieng for so long at one stage!

Not saying that'll happen, but I don't think a single fan has seen enough yet to decide one way or another.

And we can all roll out the numerous names of those that never did anything.

It isn't a talent thing with him, it's an attitude thing and that will be very difficult to change.

What is it with Taylor Richards on 11:14 - Apr 12 with 3943 viewsAntti_Heinola

What is it with Taylor Richards on 11:00 - Apr 12 by toboboly

It isn't a talent thing with him, it's an attitude thing and that will be very difficult to change.

well of course we can.

How do you know his attitude is so terrible?

Bare bones.

What is it with Taylor Richards on 11:15 - Apr 12 with 3941 viewstoboboly

What is it with Taylor Richards on 11:14 - Apr 12 by Antti_Heinola

well of course we can.

How do you know his attitude is so terrible?

I have inferred it from his time with us so far

What is it with Taylor Richards on 11:17 - Apr 12 with 3920 viewswombat

What is it with Taylor Richards on 11:15 - Apr 12 by toboboly

I have inferred it from his time with us so far

timekeeping mainly

Poll: which is your favouite foot

What is it with Taylor Richards on 11:17 - Apr 12 with 3923 viewsSilverfoxqpr

What is it with Taylor Richards on 11:00 - Apr 12 by toboboly

As Bosh says above nobody has a clue what's been going on behind the scenes and in turn we have no idea what his attitude is. I was first to call him out with shoelacegate but other than that he's always looked a cut above the drivel we've been served up when he's come on as a sub. Good luck to him and let's hope he gets way more game time in the run in, 'could' be the difference.
What is it with Taylor Richards on 11:23 - Apr 12 with 3886 viewstoboboly

What is it with Taylor Richards on 11:17 - Apr 12 by Silverfoxqpr

As Bosh says above nobody has a clue what's been going on behind the scenes and in turn we have no idea what his attitude is. I was first to call him out with shoelacegate but other than that he's always looked a cut above the drivel we've been served up when he's come on as a sub. Good luck to him and let's hope he gets way more game time in the run in, 'could' be the difference.

He could be the reincarnation of George Best but if he isn't ever on the pitch then it doesn't matter.

The fact Brighton are happy to get rid, the shoelace incident, the lack of drive/ability in the majority of his piecemeal appearances doesn't bode well for a future career.

Would I like him to be amazing and get us up or get sold for £20m? Absolutely. But I don't think I am going out on a limb in doubting that will happen.

What is it with Taylor Richards on 11:31 - Apr 12 with 3862 viewsozexile

What is it with Taylor Richards on 10:51 - Apr 12 by Antti_Heinola

We are the maddest club in the world.
What is it with Taylor Richards on 11:34 - Apr 12 with 3840 viewsAntti_Heinola

What is it with Taylor Richards on 11:31 - Apr 12 by ozexile

We are the maddest club in the world.

well, maybe. But essentially they wanted to sign him last summer but wanted the fee to come this summer for ffp reasons. You can debate if he is a bad signing or not, but that sort of thing is not 'mad', nor uncommon.

To be clear, he may well be a poor signing when it happens. I have little idea. He looks talented to me, but clearly it's been a poor season for a number of reasons, some we know about, some we likely don't.

Bare bones.

What is it with Taylor Richards on 12:16 - Apr 12 with 3669 viewsdmm

I also think there's a talented footballer in there but my worry is he'll turn out to be another Luke Amos in being unable to fully realise his ability.
What is it with Taylor Richards on 12:41 - Apr 12 with 3541 viewsMatch82

What is it with Taylor Richards on 11:23 - Apr 12 by toboboly

He could be the reincarnation of George Best but if he isn't ever on the pitch then it doesn't matter.

The fact Brighton are happy to get rid, the shoelace incident, the lack of drive/ability in the majority of his piecemeal appearances doesn't bode well for a future career.

Would I like him to be amazing and get us up or get sold for £20m? Absolutely. But I don't think I am going out on a limb in doubting that will happen.

Brighton are 7th in the Premier League and we are scrapping for our lives to stay in the Championship. The fact Brighton feel he's surplus to requirements doesn't mean he can't excel for us. Agree that it's all looked a little weird so far though
What is it with Taylor Richards on 13:06 - Apr 12 with 3437 viewsNW5Hoop

Honestly, the one that worries me is Armstrong. I mean, what is going on there? He plays a little bit, has everyone in the crowd excited, creates things through strength and pace … and then he disappears. At this point, it can't be about protecting him — protecting the club's position has to come first. So why is it that three successive managers have looked at him and then put him aside?
What is it with Taylor Richards on 13:09 - Apr 12 with 3426 viewskensalriser

There must be literally scores of players not wanted by PL clubs who'd be more than good enough for us.

I think Richards is talented, whether or not he ever gets to applying that talent is another thing.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

What is it with Taylor Richards on 13:48 - Apr 12 with 3257 viewsdanehoop

What is it with Taylor Richards on 13:06 - Apr 12 by NW5Hoop

Honestly, the one that worries me is Armstrong. I mean, what is going on there? He plays a little bit, has everyone in the crowd excited, creates things through strength and pace … and then he disappears. At this point, it can't be about protecting him — protecting the club's position has to come first. So why is it that three successive managers have looked at him and then put him aside?

Injury, not yet achieving match fitness for full senior game and currently lack of end product.

Not saying they don't rate him, but suspect they all want to see him develop slightly more fitness and skill wise, whilst hopefully being able to stay injury free for a bit as well. They all know there is talent and as a 19 year old, talent that is worth exposing and bringing into main squad. There is still a question mark over whether he can step up to Championship level - seems to have the attributes but its a big step up playing from the reserves and loans at the National League level. Hopefully next season will be his break through one for us.

Never knowingly understood

What is it with Taylor Richards on 13:49 - Apr 12 with 3250 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Thought he was going to score the winner on Monday!
What is it with Taylor Richards on 13:52 - Apr 12 with 3224 viewsderbyhoop

What is it with Taylor Richards on 13:06 - Apr 12 by NW5Hoop

Poor touch and control.
Lack of stamina.

Sure, when he gets the ball at his feet, facing their goal, he can use his pace and strength to scare defenders. Where's the end product?

I'm not writing him (or Richards) off but it's going to take time and patience if either/both are going to become Championship regulars.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024