Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EFL TV Deal 18:37 - May 5 with 6743 viewsaston_hoop

https://t.co/yo4dsm3NuX

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

EFL TV Deal on 09:49 - May 6 with 2333 viewscolinallcars

EFL TV Deal on 08:32 - May 6 by ozranger

The cynic in me asks that although we get notice for all games prior to the January FA Cup date, what happens after that? Will we revert to the previous less than four weeks notice?

As to times, my guess is Fri 8pm, Sat 12:30 and 5:30, Sun 12 and Mon 8pm which are the current times they have been showing games.

Finally, how does the extra cash for each club, which I assume they get, going to relate to FFP or P/S accounts? Does that mean for the 24/25 season when this begins and when we get the new money our accounts will balance much better?

I shouldn't be at all surprised if they lower the loss allowable to say 28m over three years.
EFL TV Deal on 10:04 - May 6 with 2290 viewsBrianMcCarthy

EFL TV Deal on 20:35 - May 5 by swisscottage

So basically no change for everyone that watches them through a VPN from 'Luxembourg'

Is that for certain, folks?

No QPR+, London and Sints would be a disaster for this Luxembourgian.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

EFL TV Deal on 10:17 - May 6 with 2239 viewsLanhoop

EFL TV Deal on 10:04 - May 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Is that for certain, folks?

No QPR+, London and Sints would be a disaster for this Luxembourgian.

I believe it is.

From the release...

Domestic streaming audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences via iFollow and club streaming services.

I read that as, it does continue as-is however that probably makes those "dark-market only" games more prevalent because of more matches being broadcast by Sky. Obviously here in Luxembourg that's usually ok.
EFL TV Deal on 10:21 - May 6 with 2210 viewsBrianMcCarthy

EFL TV Deal on 10:17 - May 6 by Lanhoop

I believe it is.

From the release...

Domestic streaming audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences via iFollow and club streaming services.

I read that as, it does continue as-is however that probably makes those "dark-market only" games more prevalent because of more matches being broadcast by Sky. Obviously here in Luxembourg that's usually ok.

Good stuff.
There's very little else to cheer about here in Luxembourg, as you know.

EFL TV Deal on 10:25 - May 6 with 2177 viewsswisscottage

EFL TV Deal on 10:17 - May 6 by Lanhoop

I believe it is.

From the release...

What is does mean though is if the SKY red button service improves and is in HD then I most likely I would pay per match as opposed to the yearly QPR+ subscription I currently take up.

Currently the red button is visually appalling (non-HD) and far worse than watching the QPR+ stream, as well as Nick London and Andy Sinton a a commentary team treasure.
EFL TV Deal on 10:28 - May 6 with 2164 viewsDavieQPR

Basically without the money a lot of clubs would ne in financial difficulties. Teams didn't have much choice.
EFL TV Deal on 11:01 - May 6 with 2119 viewsSK_hoops

EFL TV Deal on 08:32 - May 6 by ozranger

The cynic in me asks that although we get notice for all games prior to the January FA Cup date, what happens after that? Will we revert to the previous less than four weeks notice?

As to times, my guess is Fri 8pm, Sat 12:30 and 5:30, Sun 12 and Mon 8pm which are the current times they have been showing games.

Finally, how does the extra cash for each club, which I assume they get, going to relate to FFP or P/S accounts? Does that mean for the 24/25 season when this begins and when we get the new money our accounts will balance much better?

It will probably be very much dictated by how the table looks I reckon, so much less notice.
EFL TV Deal on 11:14 - May 6 with 2091 viewsWatfordR

EFL TV Deal on 10:21 - May 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Good stuff.
There's very little else to cheer about here in Luxembourg, as you know.

How are things this morning in County Luxembourg?
Login to get fewer ads

EFL TV Deal on 11:20 - May 6 with 2079 viewsswisscottage

I'd be interested to know how this will also affect the clubs advertising revenue and sponsorship deals.

I'd imagine there'd be an increase in both given the additional exposure this deal brings.

I know there's a pre-disposition to pretty much hate on Sky, but looking at this deal I think from a club's perspective the pros far outweigh the cons.

Personally I don't really mind shifting Saturday 3pm kick-offs, as long as we know well in advance.
EFL TV Deal on 12:01 - May 6 with 1999 viewsBrianMcCarthy

EFL TV Deal on 11:14 - May 6 by WatfordR

How are things this morning in County Luxembourg?

Superb!

Off soon to see Cork beat Tipp in the hu....hunting. In the hunting.

EFL TV Deal on 12:06 - May 6 with 1964 viewsMr_Beef

EFL TV Deal on 10:28 - May 6 by DavieQPR

Basically without the money a lot of clubs would ne in financial difficulties. Teams didn't have much choice.

Agreed Davie. The problem is that we've been here before with previous TV deals.

The money won't be used by most clubs to pay off debts and stabilise, it will be used to pay ever higher wages to players in the hope of getting promoted. And on it will go.
EFL TV Deal on 17:09 - May 6 with 1782 viewsNorthernr

For the fans that go to the games this deal is absolutely hideous.
EFL TV Deal on 17:11 - May 6 with 1773 viewsParkRoyalR

EFL TV Deal on 17:09 - May 6 by Northernr

Does anyone know roughly what this is worth to us income-wise each season?
EFL TV Deal on 18:07 - May 6 with 1694 viewscolinallcars

EFL TV Deal on 17:11 - May 6 by ParkRoyalR

Does anyone know roughly what this is worth to us income-wise each season?

That would be most interesting.
I was “in my cups” yesterday when I heard the news and was angry at the club for voting for it. But of course every single club voted for it.
I think this coming season will be my last as a ST holder. I may have a crack at matchday tix for the rail seating section.
EFL TV Deal on 18:33 - May 6 with 1643 viewsHAYESBOY

https://www.efl.com/news/2023/may/efl-and-sky-sports-broadcast-rights-agreement/

https://sqaf.club/football-league-tv-money-distribution/

Cannot see a date on the second link but think this might be a couple of years old.

Smells like a trout farm in here

EFL TV Deal on 20:59 - May 6 with 1548 viewsWatfordR

EFL TV Deal on 12:01 - May 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Superb!

Off soon to see Cork beat Tipp in the hu....hunting. In the hunting.

A great….hunt!
EFL TV Deal on 21:06 - May 6 with 1538 viewsBrianMcCarthy

EFL TV Deal on 20:59 - May 6 by WatfordR

A great….hunt!

Yes!

Strange game. Not sure what to make of it.

EFL TV Deal on 21:56 - May 6 with 1460 viewsozranger

But is not the whole idea of this is to cater for non-UK markets? Sky will want to sell rights to companies (broadcasters) overseas and so the more games they can offer, especially the Carabao Cup, the more money they can rake in to cover the cost of paying the EFL (though any that they get would probably be a profit owing to the miserly amount the EFL signed their life away for).

So, although the game is nothing without the fans, yet again, the fans are marginalised.
EFL TV Deal on 23:07 - May 6 with 1391 viewsstainrods_elbow

EFL TV Deal on 07:50 - May 6 by mikeygunn

One massive positive that hasn’t been highlighted is the advanced notice. Before we play the first game of the season, all our games will be set in stone till FA Cup 3rd round weekend.

For those red button viewers, having a better service is also a positive.

I understand it’s not all good but it’s also not all bad either. This extra money will be very much welcomed.

Now if they can sort out the red button on the PS5 app….

Another one they are legion!) who seems to think football is a business and not a sport, a spirit, a soul.

Very sad all round!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

EFL TV Deal on 02:30 - May 7 with 1335 viewsThe_Beast1976

Fact.

Soon be no fans going to games.
EFL TV Deal on 09:42 - May 7 with 1204 viewspaulparker

So they have saved games from being on tv at 3 o’clock on a Saturday by stopping people who go to the match at 3 o’clock on a Saturday
as far as the revenue goes it will be 2.5 million a season

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

EFL TV Deal on 12:38 - May 7 with 1054 viewsHayesender

Well looking at that, it looks like next season will be my last having a season ticket. Have to knock most midweek games on the head as it is since moving, so it just won't make sense financially.

Cheers sky 👍

Poll: Shamima Beghum

EFL TV Deal on 12:54 - May 7 with 1028 viewsDavieQPR

EFL TV Deal on 09:42 - May 7 by paulparker

So they have saved games from being on tv at 3 o’clock on a Saturday by stopping people who go to the match at 3 o’clock on a Saturday
as far as the revenue goes it will be 2.5 million a season

Where do you get £2.5m from? It was £4.5m plus appearance money in 2021 and EFL are saying this is now double.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024