Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joint 9th, 4 points Off Playoffs 10:32 - May 9 with 4377 viewsModeratorD

Lot better than many thought we would finish
Certainly nowhere near the relegation battle many feared at one point.
Well done Martin and the team
Onwards and upwards
Joint 9th, 4 points Off Playoffs on 21:24 - May 9 with 961 viewsFireboy2

I want to post to get my point across that martin has had a tougher time than tosh, martinez, potter and cooper but I just can't be bothered as martin haters will always be martin haters.
Joint 9th, 4 points Off Playoffs on 21:30 - May 9 with 941 viewsvetchonian

Joint 9th, 4 points Off Playoffs on 21:09 - May 9 by KeithHaynes

It’s a big 👏 for him to be compared to Toshack.
For us here on this website we don’t want the majority owners out.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Well you brought Tosh into the discussion

I know the site doesnt want the majority owners out but there are many individual posters on here who do and have been posting as much recently

Its all about opinions and healthy debate if we all agreed this wouldnt be much of a forum

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Joint 9th, 4 points Off Playoffs on 21:36 - May 9 with 937 viewsBryanSwan

Joint 9th, 4 points Off Playoffs on 18:57 - May 9 by Whiterockin

£8M for Piroe and £2M for Whittaker and the club say we can reinvest it all in players as the incoming funds will balance the books Russell signs a 2 year extension. Latibeaudiere signs a new contract so does Manning after a change if heart. How would you feel then.

It's not the players that I'm not sold on, it's Martin. The blind faith many have put in him and his "project" is rather strange to me.
I know many won't want to hear it but the season has ended in a little bit of disappointment, just off the playoffs. It worries me how the team than has now done so well at the end of the season could've gone on such a dire run.

I'd like to see Ogbeta given a go at fullback, had watched him at Shrewsbury before he came and was impressed. Up top without Piroe we are very light, is Cullen the only other forward in the squad?
Gonna need a few signings thats for sure.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Joint 9th, 4 points Off Playoffs on 21:37 - May 9 with 936 viewsvetchonian

Joint 9th, 4 points Off Playoffs on 21:24 - May 9 by Fireboy2

I want to post to get my point across that martin has had a tougher time than tosh, martinez, potter and cooper but I just can't be bothered as martin haters will always be martin haters.

I dont hate Martin just dont get the love in ....its all about opinion and you have yours I have mine..

Martin has been backed, Ethan Laird ,Pato, Downes, Fisher Darling Sorinola are players brought here at his request.

Darling has spent more time on the bench and Fisher initially was a disaster....so this myth he has had no backing is just that again its all about opinion define tougher and yet the same group pf players many said were not good enough have delivered this "monumental" finish to the season we keep being told about.....But of course its because the players have finally learnt Russ's ways.

No hatred of Martin from me just question his ability he has done enough to be here next season but he has used all his rope......its all about opinions

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Joint 9th, 4 points Off Playoffs on 22:02 - May 9 with 872 viewsFireboy2

Joint 9th, 4 points Off Playoffs on 21:37 - May 9 by vetchonian

I dont hate Martin just dont get the love in ....its all about opinion and you have yours I have mine..

Martin has been backed, Ethan Laird ,Pato, Downes, Fisher Darling Sorinola are players brought here at his request.

Darling has spent more time on the bench and Fisher initially was a disaster....so this myth he has had no backing is just that again its all about opinion define tougher and yet the same group pf players many said were not good enough have delivered this "monumental" finish to the season we keep being told about.....But of course its because the players have finally learnt Russ's ways.

No hatred of Martin from me just question his ability he has done enough to be here next season but he has used all his rope......its all about opinions

Whatever 🙄
Joint 9th, 4 points Off Playoffs on 08:45 - May 10 with 783 viewsRichardO

You would have to give him some rope if he is still here at the start of the season but how much do you give him?
Until a good number of games after the transfer window closes or if he doesn't hit the ground running sooner?
Joint 9th, 4 points Off Playoffs on 09:51 - May 10 with 764 viewsBadlands

👍

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Joint 9th, 4 points Off Playoffs on 10:18 - May 10 with 732 viewsKeithHaynes

I’m not getting this love in, worshipping thing.
Can anyone explain ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Joint 9th, 4 points Off Playoffs on 11:05 - May 10 with 711 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

When we were crap I criticised him. When we were good I praised him.

Call me fickle but that’s the way it should be.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Joint 9th, 4 points Off Playoffs on 11:48 - May 10 with 686 viewsWhiterockin

Joint 9th, 4 points Off Playoffs on 11:05 - May 10 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Spot on.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Joint 9th, 4 points Off Playoffs on 12:48 - May 10 with 664 viewsRichardO

Joint 9th, 4 points Off Playoffs on 10:18 - May 10 by KeithHaynes

I’m not getting this love in, worshipping thing.
Can anyone explain ?

""Sorry the post was supposed to be a response to another post on this thread"""

If he is still here next season presumably he will have to given a bit more rope, how long is that rope going to be, until the end of the transfer window or a number of games after it's close?
Given during his four at the back setup, at different parts of the season he has successfully used, Cabango, Darling, Wood, Manning, Naughton, Latibeaudie and Sorinola.
We may lose four of those maybe, more maybe less but if we have the right players stepping up at the start of the season I would expect the defensive to be a lot better next season from the off.
[Post edited 10 May 2023 13:02]
Joint 9th, 4 points Off Playoffs on 12:56 - May 10 with 660 viewsFireboy2

I'm the same Joe, I bow to no man.
Joint 9th, 4 points Off Playoffs on 16:54 - May 10 with 602 viewsNotLoyal

Joint 9th, 4 points Off Playoffs on 12:56 - May 10 by Fireboy2

I'm the same Joe, I bow to no man.

Exactly mate, win the battles you can, control the matters within your reach and worry not what people think.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Joint 9th, 4 points Off Playoffs on 17:10 - May 10 with 597 viewsTreforys_Jack

Agree, but it's what could have been if Russ hadn't be so stubborn or slow to learn, whichever it was. The squad was there, the tactics and formation weren't. That period of 20 odd games was shocking in terms of team selection, tactical nous and just general boring the pants off everyone. As soon as he changed his set up, everything changed, we looked so much better, results came and we climbed the table only to fall a measly 4pts short after flirting with relegation at the end of Feb. I'm pleased that people are happy, but scratch beneath the surface and it could and should have been so much better. Just my views and opinions, no offence intended to anyone.
Joint 9th, 4 points Off Playoffs on 17:26 - May 10 with 572 viewsKeithHaynes

Joint 9th, 4 points Off Playoffs on 17:10 - May 10 by Treforys_Jack

Agree, but it's what could have been if Russ hadn't be so stubborn or slow to learn, whichever it was. The squad was there, the tactics and formation weren't. That period of 20 odd games was shocking in terms of team selection, tactical nous and just general boring the pants off everyone. As soon as he changed his set up, everything changed, we looked so much better, results came and we climbed the table only to fall a measly 4pts short after flirting with relegation at the end of Feb. I'm pleased that people are happy, but scratch beneath the surface and it could and should have been so much better. Just my views and opinions, no offence intended to anyone.

You don’t need to apologise for a well put forward opinion.

Personally I think he persisted with certain things for too long, but that was more to do with playing players out of position. What he has now is a decent grounding within the squad to do something special next season, if he is supported.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Joint 9th, 4 points Off Playoffs on 17:26 - May 10 with 571 viewsSullutaCreturned

Joint 9th, 4 points Off Playoffs on 17:10 - May 10 by Treforys_Jack

Views and opinions I 100% agree with.

All Martin has to do is carry on with the set up that saw us nearly get there, strengthen his squad with the appropriate players and keep doing what we were doing for the last 9 or 10 games.

Hopefully he has learned that a certain set up that he stubbornly sruck by has not worked and does not revert to it again.

Looking at the teams in the play offs it's very much a case of what could have been and hopefully it won't be a chance missed that we will very much regret!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024