Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton 19:47 - May 17 with 10340 viewsguthrieintherain

Martin now 1/3 fav to land the job.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Southampton on 14:05 - May 18 with 1748 viewsraynor94

Southampton on 12:42 - May 18 by guthrieintherain

Not sure all clubs will have had ups and downs but over 46 games we finished where we deserved to finish.

Confidence appeared to drop very quickly that's why we could of done with some added experience.

But you can't criticise the bad runs without praiasing the good runs

Otherwise you come accross as having an agenda it needs to be balanced and fair.
[Post edited 18 May 2023 12:44]

Good post👍

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Southampton on 14:27 - May 18 with 1700 viewspencoedjack

Southampton on 12:01 - May 18 by Fireboy2

Haha nice one, there are plenty on here who think after only a total of 9 seasons in our 121 year history in the top division that we belong there.

As I have said some people need to stop moaning and know their place.

Not sure many people believe we should be in the PL but I personally know a lot of people who believe that we should of done better with this group of players.

Anyway we can go round in circles, some people are pro Martin others think he's pretty average (at best).

As I have made it clear I am not a fan & would be more than happy if he took his project to Southampton, obviously its not going to happen as he has made numerous statements saying he was here to see the project through which a lot of fans took as gospel.
Southampton on 14:47 - May 18 with 1678 viewsKeithHaynes

Southampton on 14:27 - May 18 by pencoedjack

Not sure many people believe we should be in the PL but I personally know a lot of people who believe that we should of done better with this group of players.

Anyway we can go round in circles, some people are pro Martin others think he's pretty average (at best).

As I have made it clear I am not a fan & would be more than happy if he took his project to Southampton, obviously its not going to happen as he has made numerous statements saying he was here to see the project through which a lot of fans took as gospel.

£ talks no matter how much talk came before it.

If he goes, he goes, if he stays he stays, we just need it sorting mate.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Southampton on 15:41 - May 18 with 1598 viewsBadlands

Cooper had the best chance of returning to the Prem with the squad and funds at his disposal … bottled it … twice.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Southampton on 15:42 - May 18 with 1594 viewsReslovenSwan1

Southampton on 14:47 - May 18 by KeithHaynes

£ talks no matter how much talk came before it.

If he goes, he goes, if he stays he stays, we just need it sorting mate.

It is hard to think he flew to the USA and did not come back with a potential deliverables in the form of a promise of a new contract for himself Wood, Piroe and Latibeaudire and afinal offer for Manning. l would hope he would also agree at least the out line of a plan of action associated to a budget outline.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Southampton on 15:42 - May 18 with 1597 viewsswan_si

Southampton on 13:49 - May 18 by Dr_Winston

Most clubs will be able to point to disappointing results or patches of bad form throughout a season. That's a given.

The problem is you can't really praise the good runs of form we went on early and late in the season without considering why the exact same players were so awful in the middle of it.

If discussing the reasons why we had such a horrendous run of form for so long when the players were clearly capable of better is an agenda then so be it.

We didn't have " the exact same players", our bad run started about the same time your mate threw his toys out of his pram, leaving us shy of a goal scorer with pace, lucky for us we had Cullen waiting in the wings.
Southampton on 15:45 - May 18 with 1589 viewsguthrieintherain

Who took it as gospel no manager stays forever and very few if any on here said he would be loyal if a better paid job with more spending power came along.

Perhaps you could dig a few posts out with that viewpoint.

Martin is no different to any of the other managers we have had as regards loyalty it don't exist in football anymore.

Southampton on 16:46 - May 18 with 1517 viewsDr_Winston

Southampton on 15:42 - May 18 by swan_si

We didn't have " the exact same players", our bad run started about the same time your mate threw his toys out of his pram, leaving us shy of a goal scorer with pace, lucky for us we had Cullen waiting in the wings.

So Obafemi was the reason we conceded so many goals? Are you seriously claiming that? Russy was forced to play three at the back for months because a striker was acting up a bit?

As excuses go, that's a corker. One of the madder attempts to divert any blame from the man in charge.
[Post edited 18 May 2023 17:20]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Southampton on 17:35 - May 18 with 1457 viewspencoedjack

Southampton on 15:45 - May 18 by guthrieintherain

Who took it as gospel no manager stays forever and very few if any on here said he would be loyal if a better paid job with more spending power came along.

Perhaps you could dig a few posts out with that viewpoint.

Martin is no different to any of the other managers we have had as regards loyalty it don't exist in football anymore.

Oh come on, anything said about negative about Martin on this site a few weeks ago was hijacked & posters were classed as anti Swansea City.

I can’t be arsed to search but I was disappointed with comments from some decent posters on here.

As I said I’m not a fan & wouldn’t be that bothered if he left, if I thought he’d learnt from his mistakes & not his believe his own vanity project was flawed I’d be happy for him to stay.

The Russy fan boys would go into meltdown if he left.
Southampton on 17:38 - May 18 with 1455 viewsonehunglow

Here we go again.
Those who believe Martin is basically Indefectible and those who believe his stock is incredible given his lack of success .
10 th in a poor ChAmpionship is not success

Main reason I would like him gone is to heal the rift between fans which is now embarrassing

Martin is the best self promoter we have ever had .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Southampton on 17:41 - May 18 with 1447 viewspencoedjack

Southampton on 17:38 - May 18 by onehunglow

Here we go again.
Those who believe Martin is basically Indefectible and those who believe his stock is incredible given his lack of success .

Main reason I would like him gone is to heal the rift between fans which is now embarrassing

He’s certainly on par with Brendan but Rodgers achieved something.
Southampton on 17:47 - May 18 with 1443 viewsFireboy2

Southampton on 16:46 - May 18 by Dr_Winston

So Obafemi was the reason we conceded so many goals? Are you seriously claiming that? Russy was forced to play three at the back for months because a striker was acting up a bit?

As excuses go, that's a corker. One of the madder attempts to divert any blame from the man in charge.

Attack is the best form of defence, obafemi being a spoilt t@#£ took away a vital part of attack, pace.
Southampton on 17:52 - May 18 with 1433 viewsonehunglow

Southampton on 17:41 - May 18 by pencoedjack

He’s certainly on par with Brendan but Rodgers achieved something.

No way as good imo.
Rodgers at least got us to the Promised Land

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Southampton on 18:04 - May 18 with 1408 viewsEagleEye

Southampton on 15:41 - May 18 by Badlands

Cooper had the best chance of returning to the Prem with the squad and funds at his disposal … bottled it … twice.

Cooper got us to 2 play offs with many players in the squad only joining us because of him. We were beaten by better sides on both occasions.

Russy flatters to deceive. We should have made the play offs this season but he persisted way too long with the 3 at the back project. None of the sides in the play offs would have fancied their chances against us over 2 legs. A missed opportunity even without a right sided attack option
Southampton on 18:06 - May 18 with 1404 viewsbuilthjack

Southampton on 17:38 - May 18 by onehunglow

Here we go again.

Potter finished 10th too, on 65 points.
Russ had 66.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Southampton on 18:37 - May 18 with 1352 viewsguthrieintherain

Southampton on 17:35 - May 18 by pencoedjack

Oh come on, anything said about negative about Martin on this site a few weeks ago was hijacked & posters were classed as anti Swansea City.

I can’t be arsed to search but I was disappointed with comments from some decent posters on here.

As I said I’m not a fan & wouldn’t be that bothered if he left, if I thought he’d learnt from his mistakes & not his believe his own vanity project was flawed I’d be happy for him to stay.

The Russy fan boys would go into meltdown if he left.

I can't speak for anyone else but personally I am not anti or pro Martin.

If we play well I give credit if we are poor I will say so as well.

Some posters will put themselves in a corner and are then to stubborn to change their viewpoint.

Fair play to you though you gave credit on the recent good run which was a nice touch.

Southampton on 18:42 - May 18 with 1339 viewsshingle

Southampton on 20:29 - May 17 by pencoedjack

I thought he loved the club & wanted to see the project through?

If Martin leaves the meltdown will be greater than Roberto, Rodger’s & Potter combined.

Yes your right after all we only lost 18 games under him this season.
Southampton on 18:45 - May 18 with 1332 viewsshingle

Southampton on 21:09 - May 17 by blackpooljack

I for one would be most upset if he went, granted we've had bad runs and matches BUT when it has clicked its been far better than we saw under the previous two managers

Got to two playoffs under the previous manager
Southampton on 18:49 - May 18 with 1323 viewsraynor94

Southampton on 18:42 - May 18 by shingle

Yes your right after all we only lost 18 games under him this season.

16 games, Middlesbrough lost 15, fine margins

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Southampton on 18:53 - May 18 with 1310 viewsKeithHaynes

Southampton on 18:45 - May 18 by shingle

Got to two playoffs under the previous manager

According to some that’s not good enough and may have well finished outside the playoffs.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Southampton on 18:53 - May 18 with 1310 viewsswan_si

Southampton on 16:46 - May 18 by Dr_Winston

Not diverting anything doc, I replied to your statement of (non)fact 🤔, we didn't have, the exact same team.
There was no mention of goals conceded, or, formation, how you managed to try and twist my post is madder than any mad attempt to divert any blame away from the man in charge. What a 🤡.
Southampton on 20:40 - May 18 with 1165 viewsSullutaCreturned

Southampton on 18:53 - May 18 by swan_si

Not diverting anything doc, I replied to your statement of (non)fact 🤔, we didn't have, the exact same team.
There was no mention of goals conceded, or, formation, how you managed to try and twist my post is madder than any mad attempt to divert any blame away from the man in charge. What a 🤡.

You said we didnt have Obafemi so surely it's a fair enough question, was scoring goals our problem?

I could argue that Obafemi was more trouble than help and we needed rid of him. That aside our big problem was conceding too many soft goals and having to chase games far too often when we had evidence that the team was good enough to do better.

The man in charge has to carry the can for team formation and tactics and for team selection.

Though I do seem to remember a poster saying he didn't think the manager/coach had much influence on the team, or did Imake that up.
Southampton on 20:48 - May 18 with 1145 viewsGwyn737

Southampton on 18:37 - May 18 by guthrieintherain

I can't speak for anyone else but personally I am not anti or pro Martin.

If we play well I give credit if we are poor I will say so as well.

Some posters will put themselves in a corner and are then to stubborn to change their viewpoint.

Fair play to you though you gave credit on the recent good run which was a nice touch.

That’s pretty much where I am on Martin.

I may be wrong, but I can’t see many worshippers on here; nobody has held him up as the messiah IMO.

There are some painting themselves in the negative corner though. There’s an easy way to identify them, they call Martin ‘Russy’.
Southampton on 20:58 - May 18 with 1133 viewsswan_si

Southampton on 20:40 - May 18 by SullutaCreturned

You said we didnt have Obafemi so surely it's a fair enough question, was scoring goals our problem?

I could argue that Obafemi was more trouble than help and we needed rid of him. That aside our big problem was conceding too many soft goals and having to chase games far too often when we had evidence that the team was good enough to do better.

The man in charge has to carry the can for team formation and tactics and for team selection.

Though I do seem to remember a poster saying he didn't think the manager/coach had much influence on the team, or did Imake that up.

I pointed out to the good doc, that we didn't have " the exact same team ", as he claimed, and the reason why we didn't have the exact same team, once again, no mention of goals conceded, or, formation. That was my response to a false factual statement.
Southampton on 21:02 - May 18 with 1116 viewsSullutaCreturned

Southampton on 20:48 - May 18 by Gwyn737

That’s pretty much where I am on Martin.

I may be wrong, but I can’t see many worshippers on here; nobody has held him up as the messiah IMO.

There are some painting themselves in the negative corner though. There’s an easy way to identify them, they call Martin ‘Russy’.

Assuming he's still here I'm giving him the first month of the season, if we have carried on as we just finished then all will be fine. However, if we have reverted again then it's toys out the pram time!

I will qualify that with it could also depend on the transfer window, who we sign and who leaves. A lot could change in the next few months. A football club is a very fluid beast.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024