Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton 19:47 - May 17 with 10338 viewsguthrieintherain

Martin now 1/3 fav to land the job.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Southampton on 21:13 - May 18 with 2138 viewsDr_Winston

Southampton on 20:58 - May 18 by swan_si

I pointed out to the good doc, that we didn't have " the exact same team ", as he claimed, and the reason why we didn't have the exact same team, once again, no mention of goals conceded, or, formation. That was my response to a false factual statement.

Well no. You tried to nitpick and failed. Quite obviously no player is going to play every minute of every game. Most people understand that.

The point, which Sulluta at least understood, is that the absence or otherwise of Obafemi was utterly irrelevant to the performances of the team during that period. You obviously wanted to make the link between Obafemi and the downturn in performances or you wouldn't have mentioned him in the first place.

"Our bad run started about the same time your mate threw his toys out of his pram" is the exact quote.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Southampton on 21:15 - May 18 with 2122 viewsswan_si

Southampton on 21:13 - May 18 by Dr_Winston

Well no. You tried to nitpick and failed. Quite obviously no player is going to play every minute of every game. Most people understand that.

The point, which Sulluta at least understood, is that the absence or otherwise of Obafemi was utterly irrelevant to the performances of the team during that period. You obviously wanted to make the link between Obafemi and the downturn in performances or you wouldn't have mentioned him in the first place.

"Our bad run started about the same time your mate threw his toys out of his pram" is the exact quote.

🤡 fact.
Did you, or, did you not say, " we had the exact same team "?
Thanks for pointing out that, not every player plays every minute of the season, I wasn't aware of that ruling, when did that come into play, I turn my back for 1 minute and there's a rule change, don't get me wrong, I think it's a change for the good.
At least you're posting fact as fact, and not opinions as fact.
[Post edited 18 May 2023 21:32]
Southampton on 06:46 - May 19 with 1937 viewsDr_Winston

Southampton on 21:15 - May 18 by swan_si

🤡 fact.
Did you, or, did you not say, " we had the exact same team "?
Thanks for pointing out that, not every player plays every minute of the season, I wasn't aware of that ruling, when did that come into play, I turn my back for 1 minute and there's a rule change, don't get me wrong, I think it's a change for the good.
At least you're posting fact as fact, and not opinions as fact.
[Post edited 18 May 2023 21:32]

Actually no, I didn't say "we had the exact same team". Again you try to nitpick and fail miserably.

You're not very good at this are you?
[Post edited 19 May 2023 9:16]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Southampton on 07:01 - May 19 with 1923 viewsFireboy2

Southampton on 06:46 - May 19 by Dr_Winston

Actually no, I didn't say "we had the exact same team". Again you try to nitpick and fail miserably.

Has Dr,P returned 🤔
Southampton on 07:23 - May 19 with 1891 viewsswan_si

Southampton on 06:46 - May 19 by Dr_Winston

OK, I've gone back over your original post, and you are correct, you used the the word "players" instead of "team", I don't understand how I could have been so wide of the mark in my choice of words 😀. Talk about nitpicking and failing miserably, you certainly nailed that, warra 🤡.
Southampton on 08:13 - May 19 with 1836 viewsonehunglow

Southampton on 07:23 - May 19 by swan_si

OK, I've gone back over your original post, and you are correct, you used the the word "players" instead of "team", I don't understand how I could have been so wide of the mark in my choice of words 😀. Talk about nitpicking and failing miserably, you certainly nailed that, warra 🤡.

Meanwhile,back on topic…
Southampton. What d ya think then ,Si.

Mod z

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Southampton on 08:38 - May 19 with 1823 viewsraynor94

Back on topic, the last thing we need is a Summer of disruption, I hope Martin signs a new contract as soon as possible.

I don't think we are far away from a being a side who can have an exciting season coming up

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Southampton on 08:46 - May 19 with 1806 viewsonehunglow

Southampton on 08:38 - May 19 by raynor94

Back on topic, the last thing we need is a Summer of disruption, I hope Martin signs a new contract as soon as possible.

I don't think we are far away from a being a side who can have an exciting season coming up

Morning Ray.
I almost agree.
It’s about time we had some continuity without seeing a manager walk off after a short time followed by so many changes in staff.
That said, if he were to go quickly, it could benefit us but we have to trust our owners get a replacement of quality and experience. That is the worry for me.

Login to get fewer ads

Southampton on 09:37 - May 19 with 1758 viewsWhiterockin

Southampton on 08:46 - May 19 by onehunglow

Morning Ray.
I almost agree.
It’s about time we had some continuity without seeing a manager walk off after a short time followed by so many changes in staff.
That said, if he were to go quickly, it could benefit us but we have to trust our owners get a replacement of quality and experience. That is the worry for me.

I think as long as our managers are reasonably successful we will be changing managers on a regular basis. We have a reputation for picking good up and coming managers and other clubs aspire to be run like ours. We may all complain about things but there are many clubs run nowhere close to ours.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Southampton on 09:41 - May 19 with 1751 viewsonehunglow

Southampton on 09:37 - May 19 by Whiterockin

I think as long as our managers are reasonably successful we will be changing managers on a regular basis. We have a reputation for picking good up and coming managers and other clubs aspire to be run like ours. We may all complain about things but there are many clubs run nowhere close to ours.

Fair comment

Southampton on 09:45 - May 19 with 1750 viewspencoedjack

Southampton on 09:37 - May 19 by Whiterockin

Totally agree I take it as a compliment that our managers are poached.

As an example when was the last time a Bassey manager left them as they were doing well?
Southampton on 09:52 - May 19 with 1733 viewsvetchonian

Southampton on 12:01 - May 18 by Fireboy2

Haha nice one, there are plenty on here who think after only a total of 9 seasons in our 121 year history in the top division that we belong there.

As I have said some people need to stop moaning and know their place.

Where are the plenty who think we belong in the top division....many have complained about our recent under achievement given the squad we have but I dont see "plenty" one or two maybe stating that

Also we have only been exisitence since 1912 so we have a 111 year history and I certainly dont believe that with only 8 % of that spent in the top division we have a right to be there

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Southampton on 10:01 - May 19 with 1719 viewsvetchonian

Southampton on 07:52 - May 18 by magicdaps10

It's like deja Vue with this board! The silence is a constant as it was with Potter, Cooper and now it seems Martin.......this sitting on their hands and see what happens doesn't do the club any favours, ultimately leaves us with a rebuilding process during a time where our concentration should be put into getting the squad ready for the start of the season. This has become a norm with the club and one that ultimately I think the owners are comfortable with because it delays what really needs to be done to push on.

Lets be fair here, we are not asking miracles here just to be proactive and hands on.
I am happy for Martin to be here first game if the season, I believe there is a manager in there who can deliver but if as it looks that could be happening, Martin gets snapped up by a bigger club then we have to go through the process of getting a new man in but ultimately it hits the important work for a while if getting the first team squad in shape.

Whatever the plan or thought is, all I ask is to get it done quickly so we can move on with the real nitty gritty that is needed.

What are we expecting?

As yet there is nothing for the board to announce?

Martin is going out for talks, surely once these have been concluded then the board will have something to say.

Are you expecting them to announce he is being sacked or no extension before the talks

Why do you say they are sitting on their hands?

Lets see what comes out of the talks first shall we

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Southampton on 10:06 - May 19 with 1709 viewsonehunglow

Southampton on 09:52 - May 19 by vetchonian

Where are the plenty who think we belong in the top division....many have complained about our recent under achievement given the squad we have but I dont see "plenty" one or two maybe stating that

Also we have only been exisitence since 1912 so we have a 111 year history and I certainly dont believe that with only 8 % of that spent in the top division we have a right to be there

Times change.
Many former big clubs are no longer so,some have gone completely.
Erstwhile “ small” clubs are now established Prem League clubs.
We have every right to challenge for the top flight.
ApRt from the catastrophic collapse of our last season,we stood tall and I see no reason at all not to feel rather miffed that the likes of Luton Town will be getting there and not us.
ambition. Nothing wrong with it .

Southampton on 18:13 - May 19 with 1573 viewsshingle

Southampton on 18:49 - May 18 by raynor94

16 games, Middlesbrough lost 15, fine margins

Two cup games as well that makes 18.
Southampton on 18:19 - May 19 with 1548 viewsKeithHaynes

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Southampton on 18:19 - May 19 with 1544 viewsraynor94

Southampton on 18:13 - May 19 by shingle

Two cup games as well that makes 18.

Nice bit of nit picking 👍still doesn't alter the fact it was fine margins in the play off race

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Southampton on 18:23 - May 19 with 1517 viewsWhiterockin

Quite a few reports in the last 2 hours. Could all be BS but this seems to be gathering pace.

https://theathletic.com/4534487/2023/05/19/russell-martin-southampton-manager-ne

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Southampton on 18:23 - May 20 with 1243 viewsshingle

Southampton on 18:19 - May 19 by raynor94

Nice bit of nit picking 👍still doesn't alter the fact it was fine margins in the play off race

And still does not alter the fact that we did not get to the play offs whilst losing 18 times, think we should agree that the fact has not been altered
Southampton on 19:58 - May 20 with 1149 viewsmajorraglan

Maybe, just maybe clubs looking in from the outside have a different view to that of a lot of Swansea fans.
It might be that clubs like Southampton who are looking in from the outside and “in the game”where people talk believe Martin has overachieved during his time with Swansea given the resources at his disposal constraints he’s been working to. The online stuff over the last few days hasn’t inspired confidence in many of us!,,
Southampton on 20:06 - May 20 with 1127 viewsSullutaCreturned

Southampton on 19:58 - May 20 by majorraglan

Maybe, just maybe clubs looking in from the outside have a different view to that of a lot of Swansea fans.
It might be that clubs like Southampton who are looking in from the outside and “in the game”where people talk believe Martin has overachieved during his time with Swansea given the resources at his disposal constraints he’s been working to. The online stuff over the last few days hasn’t inspired confidence in many of us!,,

The comments I read on the Southampton site suggested the fans down there aren't so keen.
Our poor run was mentioned as well as crazy passing around in our own box.

But what do us fans know eh, we are just the poor mugs expected to pay up and lap it up.
Southampton on 21:04 - May 20 with 1056 viewsmajorraglan

Southampton on 20:06 - May 20 by SullutaCreturned

The comments I read on the Southampton site suggested the fans down there aren't so keen.
Our poor run was mentioned as well as crazy passing around in our own box.

But what do us fans know eh, we are just the poor mugs expected to pay up and lap it up.

I’m not saying I’d give him the gig nor am I a fan of the passing around the box, I’m just pointing out that there may be people out there in the game who, all things considered think he’s doing a good job with the hand he’s been dealt with.

Some on here think he’s been underperforming given the quality of the squad while others think he’s over-performed given the quality of the squad. Maybe, just maybe those who’re in the game are privy to things we aren’t and think he’s delivering.
Southampton on 21:15 - May 20 with 1040 viewsmax936

Southampton on 21:04 - May 20 by majorraglan

I’m not saying I’d give him the gig nor am I a fan of the passing around the box, I’m just pointing out that there may be people out there in the game who, all things considered think he’s doing a good job with the hand he’s been dealt with.

Some on here think he’s been underperforming given the quality of the squad while others think he’s over-performed given the quality of the squad. Maybe, just maybe those who’re in the game are privy to things we aren’t and think he’s delivering.

I'd argue that Cooper had far better squads and I wasn't a fan of Cooper and not a big fan of Martin, although he seemed to have been learning and our end of season run was very encouraging the WBA game incredibly so as was the win at Norwich, so I'd have liked to have seen how he would have done next season, but it could be that he either knew or at least sensed that the rug was going to be pulled from under him, with Manning and Lati going and probably Piroe, Wood and Ntcham.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Southampton on 21:26 - May 20 with 1006 viewsKeithHaynes

Southampton on 21:15 - May 20 by max936

I'd argue that Cooper had far better squads and I wasn't a fan of Cooper and not a big fan of Martin, although he seemed to have been learning and our end of season run was very encouraging the WBA game incredibly so as was the win at Norwich, so I'd have liked to have seen how he would have done next season, but it could be that he either knew or at least sensed that the rug was going to be pulled from under him, with Manning and Lati going and probably Piroe, Wood and Ntcham.

Makes you wonder what that Kaplan and Martin meeting was all about before the Millwall away game.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024