Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? 02:48 - May 20 with 11696 viewsKeithHaynes

Lost for words if it is.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 18:22 - May 21 with 1607 viewsWhiterockin

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 18:06 - May 21 by dobjack2

Why make promises that they didn't keep - presumably because they had decided they were going to sack Martin either before the end of the season or at the end of the season and wanted to keep their money for the new man.

How much do you think the new manager will get. If they kept the January kitty for him plus compensation for the management team, Obafemi money, possibly Piroe and a couple of others going.

A rough figure would be good.
A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 18:33 - May 21 with 1580 viewsguthrieintherain

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 18:06 - May 21 by dobjack2

Why make promises that they didn't keep - presumably because they had decided they were going to sack Martin either before the end of the season or at the end of the season and wanted to keep their money for the new man.

Is it suddenly fact that the owners wanted shot of Martin.

And not the other way round.

I have read on here that Russ said the owners cancelled the contract talks and Jake got a bit upset they were getting blamed.
But it's just as feaaable that Russ cancelled the meeting once Southampton showed an interest.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 18:56 - May 21 with 1537 viewsdobjack2

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 18:22 - May 21 by Whiterockin

How much do you think the new manager will get. If they kept the January kitty for him plus compensation for the management team, Obafemi money, possibly Piroe and a couple of others going.

A rough figure would be good.

A couple of books of green shield stamps.
A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 19:00 - May 21 with 1529 viewsdobjack2

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 18:33 - May 21 by guthrieintherain

I have read on here that Russ said the owners cancelled the contract talks and Jake got a bit upset they were getting blamed.
But it's just as feaaable that Russ cancelled the meeting once Southampton showed an interest.

I gave one possible answer to the question why wouldn't the owners keep a promise. There are others.
A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 19:09 - May 21 with 1509 viewsKeithHaynes

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 18:33 - May 21 by guthrieintherain

I think it was said this morning.
Two way street, dont lose sight of that Kaplan / Martin meeting in March. The real politics started then.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 21:11 - May 21 with 1406 viewsReslovenSwan1

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 08:07 - May 21 by BillyChong

Only a fool would believe these clowns have the clubs best interests at heart

You are perhaps being a little xenophobic. The US American investor are a mixed bag and this fellow is not representative. To Levien he is a name on a spreadsheet little more. He may have asked him a question in a forum. He put $20,000 into the club. Not many Welsh would risk such a sum. Americans take more risks.

So why does he want out? I suspect his holding is now $5000 and getting less each year and he is getting charged and annual fee of 3%? ($150) and being asked to contribute to the Convertible loan note, perhaps?

I suspect most investors with Kaplan and Levien are very satisfied with their holding a if it includes DC United in the pot. DC was bought in for $60m a decade ago and now valued at $650m

He is losing money and been a called all sorts by Welsh people that invest nothing. Not even the Trust who apparently love the club and have £1m in a bank out being eaten into by inflation.

Wise sage since Toshack era

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 21:24 - May 21 with 1395 viewsFireboy2

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 21:11 - May 21 by ReslovenSwan1

You are perhaps being a little xenophobic. The US American investor are a mixed bag and this fellow is not representative. To Levien he is a name on a spreadsheet little more. He may have asked him a question in a forum. He put $20,000 into the club. Not many Welsh would risk such a sum. Americans take more risks.

So why does he want out? I suspect his holding is now $5000 and getting less each year and he is getting charged and annual fee of 3%? ($150) and being asked to contribute to the Convertible loan note, perhaps?

I suspect most investors with Kaplan and Levien are very satisfied with their holding a if it includes DC United in the pot. DC was bought in for $60m a decade ago and now valued at $650m

He is losing money and been a called all sorts by Welsh people that invest nothing. Not even the Trust who apparently love the club and have £1m in a bank out being eaten into by inflation.

😴
A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 21:43 - May 21 with 1380 viewsmax936

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 21:24 - May 21 by Fireboy2

😴

The ignore button is best option with this one, I reached my toleration with this one yesterday and enough is enough, that's 3 on the list now, there's another one or two more who are approaching the end of my toleration levels, but I'll see how it goes before I pull out the

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 21:48 - May 21 with 1370 viewsFireboy2

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 21:43 - May 21 by max936

The ignore button is best option with this one, I reached my toleration with this one yesterday and enough is enough, that's 3 on the list now, there's another one or two more who are approaching the end of my toleration levels, but I'll see how it goes before I pull out the

Nah, I like getting at him regarding his love for the leeches.
A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 21:52 - May 21 with 1339 viewsvetchonian

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 21:48 - May 21 by Fireboy2

Nah, I like getting at him regarding his love for the leeches.

the same leeches who have kept us afloat this season and without whom we would no football club?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 22:03 - May 21 with 1325 viewsFireboy2

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 21:52 - May 21 by vetchonian

the same leeches who have kept us afloat this season and without whom we would no football club?

Yeah the ones who took money out of the club during the parachute years.

Not everything is shown in companies house you know, these lot are clever businessmen.
A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 09:13 - May 22 with 1212 viewsPrivate_Partz

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 12:26 - May 20 by Fireboy2

Yes its all Martin's fault again 🙄

I will be glad when he's gone so people stop coming on here moaning all the time.

But they will probably start up again moaning about the next manager.

Exactly.
Martin had a project here and was screwed over by the Yanks.
Left with a weaker team at the start of last season then completely unsupported by the owners in the January window when we needed a final push. On top of this his star player contracts, and his own, were allowed to run down.
IMHO he is has never been anything but honest with the fans, Including in relation to his own mistakes. We built a style of football that has run right through the club and it will now be completely broken up.
I suspect in a years time the Premier League will see yet another ex Swans manager.
In the meantime our fickle fans will continue blaming the coach whilst our disgraceful owners get away with blue murder. This whilst we continue in our downward spiral.
Martin is one of the few Swans managers I have real respect for. Along with Laudrup and Guidolin.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 10:56 - May 22 with 1151 viewscadleigh

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 09:13 - May 22 by Private_Partz

Exactly.
Martin had a project here and was screwed over by the Yanks.
Left with a weaker team at the start of last season then completely unsupported by the owners in the January window when we needed a final push. On top of this his star player contracts, and his own, were allowed to run down.
IMHO he is has never been anything but honest with the fans, Including in relation to his own mistakes. We built a style of football that has run right through the club and it will now be completely broken up.
I suspect in a years time the Premier League will see yet another ex Swans manager.
In the meantime our fickle fans will continue blaming the coach whilst our disgraceful owners get away with blue murder. This whilst we continue in our downward spiral.
Martin is one of the few Swans managers I have real respect for. Along with Laudrup and Guidolin.

Well there's a fair amount in there that I would take issue with, but I'll settle for just a few points.
1 I have never wished a departing manager anything other than good fortune (including BB), so I am not about to start now. I would be very very surprised though if Martin takes Southampton back to the Premier League next season, but that's a prediction not a wish. One for the bookmarks.
2 For most of his tenure the style of football that Martin built was one where the players walked slowly in front of the keeper, like the Philosophers in Monty Python. Out of 92 league matches where he was manager, maybe 20 of them were memorable for the right reasons. IMHO. Won't be sorry to see that broken up.
3 Why respect Laudrup and Guidolin of all people? I loved the football we played under Laudrup, but he was a neo-liberal who lost interest once Jenkins had locked out his personal agent. And Guidolin... Yes, it wasn't at all classy for the owners to fire him on his birthday. I haven't got to 61 yet but in all honesty, birthdays are not as big an event for me at my age as they were when I was six. I'd be much more upset about the fact that I'd been fired than the day when it happened. Would it have made a difference if it had happened a day before or a day later - a week either way? As for the club holding a press conference in his hotel to rub his nose in it - does anyone really believe that? According to reports at the time no one knew he was even in town, let alone staying at the Marriot (as I recall the club explained that the Liberty wasn't available as usual that day hence the move). The fact remains that he is one of the few former Swansea managers who has never wished us well. He loses a few points from me on the respect scale for that.

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 11:14 - May 22 with 1125 viewsonehunglow

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 10:56 - May 22 by cadleigh

Well there's a fair amount in there that I would take issue with, but I'll settle for just a few points.
1 I have never wished a departing manager anything other than good fortune (including BB), so I am not about to start now. I would be very very surprised though if Martin takes Southampton back to the Premier League next season, but that's a prediction not a wish. One for the bookmarks.
2 For most of his tenure the style of football that Martin built was one where the players walked slowly in front of the keeper, like the Philosophers in Monty Python. Out of 92 league matches where he was manager, maybe 20 of them were memorable for the right reasons. IMHO. Won't be sorry to see that broken up.
3 Why respect Laudrup and Guidolin of all people? I loved the football we played under Laudrup, but he was a neo-liberal who lost interest once Jenkins had locked out his personal agent. And Guidolin... Yes, it wasn't at all classy for the owners to fire him on his birthday. I haven't got to 61 yet but in all honesty, birthdays are not as big an event for me at my age as they were when I was six. I'd be much more upset about the fact that I'd been fired than the day when it happened. Would it have made a difference if it had happened a day before or a day later - a week either way? As for the club holding a press conference in his hotel to rub his nose in it - does anyone really believe that? According to reports at the time no one knew he was even in town, let alone staying at the Marriot (as I recall the club explained that the Liberty wasn't available as usual that day hence the move). The fact remains that he is one of the few former Swansea managers who has never wished us well. He loses a few points from me on the respect scale for that.

Hard to follow that

I feel like a musical ingenue coming on to stage after Springsteen at his peak.

Just brilliant

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 12:35 - May 22 with 1095 viewsPrivate_Partz

1. Bookmark indeed. Speak in a years time.
2. Had to adapt to no pace on the wings. Our attack was not the problem. It was defence where players struggled with the passing game. I will be very sorry to see the 'Swansea Way' being abandoned as the alternative is either Cooperball or hoofball. The former being preferable.
3. That was just an aside by me. We could start a whole thread on those but they have been done to death. Not got the energy or the inclination but I am sure you can recall the counter arguments.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 13:33 - May 22 with 1043 viewsReslovenSwan1

A bit unfair there i think. Guidolin has been around the houses in the italian style. In the same way the 60 yr + man was not bothered about h birthday is the same characteristic that makes him not concerned about the fans feelings. It is business. He clearly is a very decent fellow.

He assistant talked a bit for him on that front with his tweets. Snr Guidolin did not even know what a tweet was. He may have even tweeted on Snr Guidolins behalf.

I remember when Neil Taylor behaved unreasonably at a first half substitution after Chelsea gave Swansea a first half lesson and shunned Guidoloin. Swansea came back to get a 2-2 after Fer got lucky kicking the Chelse CB. Taylor never apologised and Guidoloin patched things up Ki maybe was another skulker when the going got tougher. it was part of the slow rot and loss of team ethic which led to relegation.

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 14:31 - May 22 with 1015 viewscadleigh

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 13:33 - May 22 by ReslovenSwan1

A bit unfair there i think. Guidolin has been around the houses in the italian style. In the same way the 60 yr + man was not bothered about h birthday is the same characteristic that makes him not concerned about the fans feelings. It is business. He clearly is a very decent fellow.

He assistant talked a bit for him on that front with his tweets. Snr Guidolin did not even know what a tweet was. He may have even tweeted on Snr Guidolins behalf.

I remember when Neil Taylor behaved unreasonably at a first half substitution after Chelsea gave Swansea a first half lesson and shunned Guidoloin. Swansea came back to get a 2-2 after Fer got lucky kicking the Chelse CB. Taylor never apologised and Guidoloin patched things up Ki maybe was another skulker when the going got tougher. it was part of the slow rot and loss of team ethic which led to relegation.

Guidolin has said very nice things about Wales since leaving the club. Nothing about the Swans. Ambrosetti tweeted a lot after the sacking but I've yet to find a word about wishing the club well for the future. For all I know Guidolin may indeed be a very decent human being. Having never met him or studied his record in any detail I have no basis for judging. I just think that people assume he's decent because he's older, didn't visibly lose his rag when at the Swans and because he doesn't speak English we never heard him say anything daft. So people can project onto what is essentially a blank canvass. Whereas there is plenty of evidence that Bradley is a decent bloke and he has frequently wished us well. But people would rather disregard the evidence there because it suits our narrative to present him as either a clown or a puppet of the evil Yanks, or both. So in his case the canvass gets wiped in order to accommodate our preferred projection. Hey ho. Not really expecting anyone to convince anyone about any of this, just sharing what I think.

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 14:35 - May 22 with 1006 viewsonehunglow

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 14:31 - May 22 by cadleigh

Guidolin has said very nice things about Wales since leaving the club. Nothing about the Swans. Ambrosetti tweeted a lot after the sacking but I've yet to find a word about wishing the club well for the future. For all I know Guidolin may indeed be a very decent human being. Having never met him or studied his record in any detail I have no basis for judging. I just think that people assume he's decent because he's older, didn't visibly lose his rag when at the Swans and because he doesn't speak English we never heard him say anything daft. So people can project onto what is essentially a blank canvass. Whereas there is plenty of evidence that Bradley is a decent bloke and he has frequently wished us well. But people would rather disregard the evidence there because it suits our narrative to present him as either a clown or a puppet of the evil Yanks, or both. So in his case the canvass gets wiped in order to accommodate our preferred projection. Hey ho. Not really expecting anyone to convince anyone about any of this, just sharing what I think.

Let’s get a total sheethouse in and have some glory.
We could employ some nice staff to simply pat kids on the head,visit schools,open garden parties ,and bless babies at Christenings .They d have to be vocal though as to what wonderful City/ fans we are

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 14:37 - May 22 with 1012 viewsTreforys_Jack

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 12:35 - May 22 by Private_Partz

2. Had to adapt to no pace on the wings. Our attack was not the problem. It was defence where players struggled with the passing game. I will be very sorry to see the 'Swansea Way' being abandoned as the alternative is either Cooperball or hoofball. The former being preferable.
3. That was just an aside by me. We could start a whole thread on those but they have been done to death. Not got the energy or the inclination but I am sure you can recall the counter arguments.

He had to adapt to no pace because he got rid or ostracised anyone who had any.
A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 15:14 - May 22 with 985 viewsDr_Winston

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 14:37 - May 22 by Treforys_Jack

He had to adapt to no pace because he got rid or ostracised anyone who had any.

Also the defence has managed just fine since we stopped playing three at the back. They can even still pass the ball too.

Martin's teams have largely struggled because of Martin's own decisions. It's frankly bizarre that people are trying to argue otherwise.
[Post edited 22 May 2023 15:18]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 15:34 - May 22 with 965 viewsvetchonian

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 12:35 - May 22 by Private_Partz

The Swansea Way you talk off which we enjoyed under Martinez,Rodgers and Luadrup was nothing like the sideways and backward passing we saw under Martin

People still forget we played out from the back under Cooper...it was not all hoofball under him despite peoples protestations ....but thats history.

As other say the defence "struggled" when we had a 3 man defence the same players passed the ball ok when there were 4 of them and not being put under pressure as a result of the managers obsession

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 16:26 - May 22 with 935 viewsFireboy2

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 15:34 - May 22 by vetchonian

The Swansea Way you talk off which we enjoyed under Martinez,Rodgers and Luadrup was nothing like the sideways and backward passing we saw under Martin

People still forget we played out from the back under Cooper...it was not all hoofball under him despite peoples protestations ....but thats history.

As other say the defence "struggled" when we had a 3 man defence the same players passed the ball ok when there were 4 of them and not being put under pressure as a result of the managers obsession

'People still forget we played out from the back under Cooper...it was not all hoofball under him despite peoples protestations ....but thats history'

🤣🤣🤣🤣 Good one, cooper team playing out from the back.
A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 17:46 - May 22 with 876 viewsSullutaCreturned

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 16:26 - May 22 by Fireboy2

'People still forget we played out from the back under Cooper...it was not all hoofball under him despite peoples protestations ....but thats history'

🤣🤣🤣🤣 Good one, cooper team playing out from the back.

Cooper ddn't go hoofball until the window the owners let him down. Then it all changed. He was promised things but shafted. The owners do have that previous in this and it came around to hit Martin too.

Funny thing, under Cooper we player a back 4 but our full backs managed to get forward AND get back and defend, I guess it's called balance, players dropping in to cover when a defender is upfield.
Martin pushed our "wingbacks" so far up they needed a ferrari to get back in time.
A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 18:30 - May 22 with 838 viewsTreforys_Jack

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 15:14 - May 22 by Dr_Winston

Also the defence has managed just fine since we stopped playing three at the back. They can even still pass the ball too.

Martin's teams have largely struggled because of Martin's own decisions. It's frankly bizarre that people are trying to argue otherwise.
[Post edited 22 May 2023 15:18]

Indeed, we are far more solid. I understand what he was trying to do and championed it initially, we just didn't have the players and it seemed the players wouldn't or weren't allowed to improvise when things clearly weren't on. It was comical and even a bit sad watching Fisher at the start of the season panicking because everyone was tightly marked and he clearly wasn't allowed to put it behind the oppositions back line. Since we've had a back 4, Fisher has looked solid, Russy nearly ruined that young man, his confidence was shot to pieces.
[Post edited 22 May 2023 18:31]
A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 19:01 - May 22 with 798 viewsReslovenSwan1

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 17:46 - May 22 by SullutaCreturned

Cooper ddn't go hoofball until the window the owners let him down. Then it all changed. He was promised things but shafted. The owners do have that previous in this and it came around to hit Martin too.

Funny thing, under Cooper we player a back 4 but our full backs managed to get forward AND get back and defend, I guess it's called balance, players dropping in to cover when a defender is upfield.
Martin pushed our "wingbacks" so far up they needed a ferrari to get back in time.

Cooper wanted a centre forward called Keinan Davis. He had already completely misused a very good one from Sweden the club gave him. Now a full international and a leading scorer in the Championship. Viktor Goykeres.

Martin is doing the same trick with Whittaker. Managers have to get the bast out of what they are given not dream about players the club cannot afford. Cooper got Davis at Forest and sent him back as well. Cooper was not shafted. His first season team was stellar and he still only just sneaked into the play offs.

Cooper now has kings riches and someone else's debts to play with. Jesse Lingard might have been foisted on him but was £5m down the pan straight into the flash harry's pocket.

The US guys did Martin a favour and demanded improvements without signings. Wood Cooper Cullen Ntcham all improved after Kaplan's March visit. You call it shafted I call it a kick up the jacksee.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024