Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? 02:48 - May 20 with 11697 viewsKeithHaynes

Lost for words if it is.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 13:49 - May 20 with 2227 viewsmajorraglan

I’ve not got a twitter account and have no intention of getting one, access is restricted and I was wondering if would someone summarise what exactly the tweet at the start of the thread said?

Thanks
A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 14:03 - May 20 with 2200 viewsshandyjack

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 10:41 - May 20 by KeithHaynes

It’s utterly unprofessional.

Agreed, but putting that to one side and if it is actually him. What in the words he’s written is wrong?

Poll: Expectation for the season

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 14:06 - May 20 with 2202 viewsguthrieintherain

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 14:03 - May 20 by shandyjack

Agreed, but putting that to one side and if it is actually him. What in the words he’s written is wrong?

Nothing really what he said was right but the point is why is he engaging in the first place.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 14:07 - May 20 with 2194 viewsKeithHaynes

My point is the way it is being done. There’s nothing polished or professional in the grammar and it’s on a forum frequented mostly by kids. It’s madness.

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 14:11 - May 20 with 2179 viewsModeratorB

That’s beside the point, I’m sure there are things discussed in Parliament between the PM and LOTO that if shared may be accurate but never would be. Can you imagine any major business owner telling a random person confidential information about a very senior member of staff ? It’s staggeringly unprofessional.
A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 14:22 - May 20 with 2160 viewsKeithHaynes

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 07:33 - May 20 by hobo

What's wrong with that? Pretty classless by the guy to be sharing private messages

And on what planet are Southampton not a bigger club than us?!

[Post edited 20 May 2023 7:39]

Exactly pretty classless.

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 14:29 - May 20 with 2123 viewsReslovenSwan1

Martin loves a big transfer window. Remember this coach loves a process and development. 4-5 new signing gives him another reason for poor results as hey bed in.

Wood needed 7 months Fisher hits form after 18 months, Darling will be a great player some time in the future. Allen will be a beast "next season" like Ntcham would be a beast this season. It took Ntcham 18 months too.

Martin promised development next season and then does not even stick around when the owners take him at his word and give him time.

Wise sage since Toshack era

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 15:37 - May 20 with 2056 viewsKeithHaynes

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 14:29 - May 20 by ReslovenSwan1

Martin loves a big transfer window. Remember this coach loves a process and development. 4-5 new signing gives him another reason for poor results as hey bed in.

Wood needed 7 months Fisher hits form after 18 months, Darling will be a great player some time in the future. Allen will be a beast "next season" like Ntcham would be a beast this season. It took Ntcham 18 months too.

Martin promised development next season and then does not even stick around when the owners take him at his word and give him time.

I’m going to disagree on Fisher.
He cost us the game at Millwall and Luton and nearly at Cardiff. In fact had he it had those moments of ‘whatever’ they are some would say we would have made the play offs.
It’s a no from me.

Login to get fewer ads

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 18:09 - May 20 with 1934 viewsswan_si

Does anybody out there in twitter land have the full conversation? Although I agree, Jake should never be discussing club business on social media, I always find it strange when people cherry pick, I'd much rather see the full conversation, before making a judgement.
P.s no agenda here, i just like to see the full picture.🤔
A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 18:15 - May 20 with 1920 viewsDr_Winston

We're fine in goal.

Fisher is a perfectly capable backup keeper as he proved at the tail end of last season. Pick a solid defence in front of him and he's absolutely fine. Not great, but good enough to fill a spot if needs be.

For all the wailing about him earlier in the year (and the one man hate campaign that remains ongoing) it was fairly obvious that he was low on confidence and we were setting him up to fail with the lunatic way we were organising the defence. I for one said so at the time.

I'd expect to see even more from Benda next season if whoever replaces Russy has the sense to keep playing four at the back.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 18:34 - May 20 with 1873 viewsKeithHaynes

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 18:09 - May 20 by swan_si

Does anybody out there in twitter land have the full conversation? Although I agree, Jake should never be discussing club business on social media, I always find it strange when people cherry pick, I'd much rather see the full conversation, before making a judgement.
P.s no agenda here, i just like to see the full picture.🤔

For me it’s the fact he is doing it not the content.

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 18:56 - May 20 with 1829 viewsdobjack2

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 18:34 - May 20 by KeithHaynes

I assume that because he doesn't live here he wont face any consequences here and doesn't care.

Absolutely bonkers way for a chairman and an owner to act. The comms team must have given up with them.
A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 19:33 - May 20 with 1752 viewsswan_si

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 18:34 - May 20 by KeithHaynes

If only prince Llewelyn had all the facts, poor Gelert wouldn't have met such a horrible ending.
It's a story I've told my children and grandchildren.

Maybe I should have said, needles ending.
[Post edited 20 May 2023 19:37]
A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 20:53 - May 20 with 1652 viewsReslovenSwan1

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 18:56 - May 20 by dobjack2

I assume that because he doesn't live here he wont face any consequences here and doesn't care.

Absolutely bonkers way for a chairman and an owner to act. The comms team must have given up with them.

You are forgetting Football is not a a computer software company or accountancy firm. It is in the business of entertainment,

Martin was relaxed about his position but mentioned it at every news conference pressurising the owners to give him a new deal. There is no rush he has 12 months left. The owners fix him a flight to see them then he pulls out. Not great in my view.

He also said the contracts of Laitbeaudiere was more important to sort out. Looks like he has ditched Lats, Manning and Naughton.

It could be the club took a decision not to keep these three making Martin furious at having been over ruled again.

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 21:07 - May 20 with 1613 viewsWhiterockin

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 20:53 - May 20 by ReslovenSwan1

You are forgetting Football is not a a computer software company or accountancy firm. It is in the business of entertainment,

Martin was relaxed about his position but mentioned it at every news conference pressurising the owners to give him a new deal. There is no rush he has 12 months left. The owners fix him a flight to see them then he pulls out. Not great in my view.

He also said the contracts of Laitbeaudiere was more important to sort out. Looks like he has ditched Lats, Manning and Naughton.

It could be the club took a decision not to keep these three making Martin furious at having been over ruled again.

The retention lists had to be in today to comply with the rules, Latibeaudiere and Manning haven't signed so there was no leeway. They can still sign if a deal can be agreed. For the same reason Obafemi was on the retained list, because his transfer hasn't been completed and he is still on loan.
A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 21:18 - May 20 with 1581 viewsWhiterockin

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 20:53 - May 20 by ReslovenSwan1

Martin did not cancel. He received an email from the owners saying the trip was cancelled. Keep up.
A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 21:19 - May 20 with 1581 viewsmax936

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 21:07 - May 20 by Whiterockin

The retention lists had to be in today to comply with the rules, Latibeaudiere and Manning haven't signed so there was no leeway. They can still sign if a deal can be agreed. For the same reason Obafemi was on the retained list, because his transfer hasn't been completed and he is still on loan.

There you go again WR, bringing sense to the subject that was being derailed again by the usual culprit.

Yanks Out and Out now.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 21:21 - May 20 with 1565 viewsWhiterockin

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 21:19 - May 20 by max936

There you go again WR, bringing sense to the subject that was being derailed again by the usual culprit.

Yanks Out and Out now.

You are right, there is always one idiot in the village, its our bad luck he comes on here.
A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 21:25 - May 20 with 1547 viewsReslovenSwan1

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 21:07 - May 20 by Whiterockin

Martin was arguing for Lats and Naughts to be kept on. With Martin gone their prospects are very poor. No point spending a few grand on Martin if he is flirting with Southampton before talking terms.

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 21:33 - May 20 with 1541 viewsmax936

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 21:25 - May 20 by ReslovenSwan1

Martin was arguing for Lats and Naughts to be kept on. With Martin gone their prospects are very poor. No point spending a few grand on Martin if he is flirting with Southampton before talking terms.

Unmitigated clueless assumption nonsense again, you have no idea what has or is going on.

You and your Yankee bedfellows out and out now.

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 22:08 - May 20 with 1479 viewsReslovenSwan1

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 21:33 - May 20 by max936

Unmitigated clueless assumption nonsense again, you have no idea what has or is going on.

You and your Yankee bedfellows out and out now.

I take the words of this site at face value unless retracted.

"We know he stalled on going, but that information was only for one day. The fact that he is now rumoured not to have gone at all is not looking good for his future at the Swans".

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 22:32 - May 20 with 1433 viewsTreforys_Jack

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 21:19 - May 20 by max936

Yanks Out and Out now.

Yanks out !! To be replaced by who exactly ?
A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 22:37 - May 20 with 1418 viewsWhiterockin

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 22:32 - May 20 by Treforys_Jack

It's all gone very quiet on the incoming investment/ share purchase. Is it still happening, what are the details, how much is involved. We know there is a new chairman but even he's gone quiet since his regrettable tweet.
A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 22:41 - May 20 with 1406 viewsmax936

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 22:32 - May 20 by Treforys_Jack

Anyone with the common sense and the nous to run a football club or a thriving business for that matter, these shysters are amateurs, there are new mouth pieces popping up at every opportunity, do you know who actually owns us, on last count it was approaching 35 or more, how in loving f@@ can we go on like this.

I'd be really interested to read your opinion of it all, so crack on the floor yours pal !
[Post edited 20 May 2023 23:03]

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 23:11 - May 20 with 1353 viewsTreforys_Jack

A conversation with Jake Silverstein ? on 22:41 - May 20 by max936

Anyone with the common sense and the nous to run a football club or a thriving business for that matter, these shysters are amateurs, there are new mouth pieces popping up at every opportunity, do you know who actually owns us, on last count it was approaching 35 or more, how in loving f@@ can we go on like this.

I'd be really interested to read your opinion of it all, so crack on the floor yours pal !
[Post edited 20 May 2023 23:03]

We are being run as sustainably as possible, that's incredibly important, we at Swansea should understand that more than most. As far as we know zero money has been taken out of the club by these "shysters". They've definitely made mistakes and no doubt will make more. Saying anyone else with common sense is a complete cop out who else is out there looking to put money into a mid table Championship club. It's all about balancing g the books as much as possible.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024