Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NL Should End Southend Debacle 19:11 - Jul 13 with 8144 viewsjonahwhereru

So the latest in a long line of winding up orders against Southend has been deferred until the 24/8, in the hope the Chairman will get a take over sorted. So the club have been in an almost permanent embargo for 18 months now. The players had not been paid for June, so refused to turn up for training last week. The club paid them but not the back room staff, so Kevin Maher and co are now staying away.
There is no one with medical experience turning up so the players still can’t train. As a result the first friendly again Canvey was cancelled.
The chairman is playing a massive brinkmanship game with potential buyers, as the waters are muddied by the the large property deal the new ground is part of. The chairman is a property developer and seems to be far more interested in that deal than the club. He wants to sell the club but not the new ground. The fans are desperate and already have plans we’ll advanced for a Phoenix club.
Surely the NL can’t allow them to continue in this league with so many unresolved issues stacking up. I don’t like to say it because I have been on the terraces at Roots Hall plenty of times but the NL need to lance the boil, now.
NL Should End Southend Debacle on 15:26 - Aug 23 with 1425 viewsfitzochris

The National League said Southend would be deducted 10 points if all debt wasn't paid by today, plus any other 'action' deemed sufficient for any new debt incurred.

The club is under a transfer embargo until the debt is paid in full. At present they have a squad of 16 senior players.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

NL Should End Southend Debacle on 15:50 - Aug 23 with 1331 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

According to the Beeb… The owner says he is “confident” that a sale to an unnamed Aussie will be completed by the end of Sept. Sounds like death by a thousand cuts to me. Obviously hope that they survive, for the fans sake if nothing else.
NL Should End Southend Debacle on 16:04 - Aug 23 with 1288 viewsEllDale

I find it hard to believe that anyone will deal with them at the moment.
The businesses that print the programmes, provide the catering, materials for the groundstaff for example. Never mind the utility companies.
NL Should End Southend Debacle on 16:17 - Aug 23 with 1253 viewsNorthernDale

I feel sorry for the Southend fans and all football fans should support the Southend fans, because we received support to see of the shysters from fans from other clubs and we could potentially be in the same position as Southend in the future, and by that, so could many other teams in the EFL and the NL. Football fans should be united against dodgy or poor owners running football clubs at any level.

However, it will be interested to see if the NL impose a 10 point deduction, whilst supporting the fans desire to preserve the club.
NL Should End Southend Debacle on 16:20 - Aug 23 with 1240 viewsleedsdale

The points deduction has been confirmed

NL Should End Southend Debacle on 16:25 - Aug 23 with 1222 viewsTVOS1907

NL Should End Southend Debacle on 16:20 - Aug 23 by leedsdale

The points deduction has been confirmed

... which has moved us up a place!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

NL Should End Southend Debacle on 17:57 - Aug 23 with 1044 viewsjonahwhereru

Ron Martin is always confident he will sell the club, but all interested parties walk away when he states the sale will not include the new ground, when it is completed.
He is driven by property assets and nothing else.
The hope is that he is now so boxed in he will have to change tack, but with him I wouldn’t rule anything out. It is still place your bets on the next hearing.
Crying shame as their gate is 5k plus. Driven by the fans steadfast support for the manager and the players. Credit to them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024