Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EGM 18:35 - Jul 24 with 102634 viewsHullDale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/july/notice-of-egm/
EGM on 22:45 - Jul 28 with 3627 viewsD_Alien

EGM on 22:10 - Jul 28 by judd

75% on the night. Poll vote not been employed so far.

Cheers

So (for simplicity) - 75 individual shareholders who each held 100 shares could have the motion passed against 25 individual shareholders with a combined shareholding that amounted to >75% of the total number of shares issued?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

EGM on 22:52 - Jul 28 with 3609 viewsjudd

EGM on 22:45 - Jul 28 by D_Alien

Cheers

So (for simplicity) - 75 individual shareholders who each held 100 shares could have the motion passed against 25 individual shareholders with a combined shareholding that amounted to >75% of the total number of shares issued?

Yeah

Poll: What is it to be then?

EGM on 22:59 - Jul 28 with 3582 viewsD_Alien

EGM on 22:52 - Jul 28 by judd

Yeah

Apologies for pursuing this further, but what would be the point of anyone acquiring a majority shareholding, if they could be outvoted at an EGM?

EGM on 23:02 - Jul 28 with 3572 viewsDevonDale

EGM on 22:59 - Jul 28 by D_Alien

Apologies for pursuing this further, but what would be the point of anyone acquiring a majority shareholding, if they could be outvoted at an EGM?

That's why true control of a private company only comes when you hold 75% or more of the shares.
EGM on 23:11 - Jul 28 with 3537 viewsD_Alien

EGM on 23:02 - Jul 28 by DevonDale

That's why true control of a private company only comes when you hold 75% or more of the shares.

Thanks. The reason i'm making these enquiries is so that as many people as possible understand the implications behind the maths on the night - and since i don't (didn't!)
[Post edited 28 Jul 2023 23:12]

EGM on 23:46 - Jul 28 with 3473 views49thseason

EGM on 22:45 - Jul 28 by D_Alien

Cheers

If it is carried on a show of hands , that would be fine, but if a major shareholder objected they could call for a count of the votes represented by those in attendance and proxys... so ultimately those with the largest number of shares will prevail.
EGM on 23:56 - Jul 28 with 3452 viewsD_Alien

EGM on 23:46 - Jul 28 by 49thseason

If it is carried on a show of hands , that would be fine, but if a major shareholder objected they could call for a count of the votes represented by those in attendance and proxys... so ultimately those with the largest number of shares will prevail.

Hmmm... does that mean then, that proxies aren't counted if a "show of hands" is accepted?

EGM on 08:09 - Jul 29 with 3292 viewsEllDale

EGM on 18:13 - Jul 28 by R17ALE

I agree with most of that, but you have now said a couple of times that the Trust should run a version of Goldbond. Have you any idea how many hours per week are required by x number of people with expert knowledge of the industry to achieve a successful Weekly Draw?

To expect a small group of volunteers to achieve that on a part time basis is extraordinarily naive.

Borrowing is not the answer however. The writing was on the wall ages ago in a Christmas message where the Chairman boasted we employed 138 people. Even on wages of £100 per week, that's nearly £0.75m a year. Draw your own conclusions.

Great point about the logistics of running a lottery.
The club must have some sort of plan in place for when it comes back in-house later this year though surely? Perhaps some of the 138 staff members are going to be seconded?
On an aside, is this jackpot on the Dale Lotto ever going to be won?
If it’s going up in increments of £100 per week then it must be a year since it was last claimed!
Login to get fewer ads

EGM on 08:19 - Jul 29 with 3255 viewsNigelWatson

EGM on 09:11 - Jul 26 by electricblue

It as to be done.....

Anyway who is responsible for employing that amount of staffing levels over the years...

Good question
EGM on 09:37 - Jul 29 with 3159 viewsisitme

Further to the staffing. At the open training session Desmond was nowhere to been seen (unless he appeared after I left) but yet there were a number of people, I assume community related staff as they were wearing club kit who were with a big group of asylum seekers.

I get the giving back to the community and all that, but surely a club employee could have been found to dress up as Desmond for a couple of hours.
EGM on 09:58 - Jul 29 with 3121 viewsjudd

EGM on 22:59 - Jul 28 by D_Alien

A poll vote can be called if a minimum 5 members so vote.
This takes into account number of shares an individual has.. I think there is a formula applied but works in favour of larger shareholdings.

Poll: What is it to be then?

EGM on 10:32 - Jul 29 with 3044 viewsR17ALE

EGM on 08:09 - Jul 29 by EllDale

Great point about the logistics of running a lottery.
The club must have some sort of plan in place for when it comes back in-house later this year though surely? Perhaps some of the 138 staff members are going to be seconded?
On an aside, is this jackpot on the Dale Lotto ever going to be won?
If it’s going up in increments of £100 per week then it must be a year since it was last claimed!

A rollover prize is the biggest con in weekly draws. It's designed never to be won but therefore gives a headline prize when recruiting.

As I understand it, there maybe a draw where there are a million unique numbers available for £1 per week. The draw may have 10,000 players per week.

Therefore the chances of the jackpot being won are 10,000 in 1,000,000. I'm willing to be corrected if my ancient knowledge has been usurped by that evil modernity!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

EGM on 11:11 - Jul 29 with 2936 viewsSuddenLad

EGM on 10:32 - Jul 29 by R17ALE

A rollover prize is the biggest con in weekly draws. It's designed never to be won but therefore gives a headline prize when recruiting.

As I understand it, there maybe a draw where there are a million unique numbers available for £1 per week. The draw may have 10,000 players per week.

Therefore the chances of the jackpot being won are 10,000 in 1,000,000. I'm willing to be corrected if my ancient knowledge has been usurped by that evil modernity!

I won a Dale Lotto prize in an April draw. I still haven't received it. Only £10 but it's hardly encouraging.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

EGM on 11:26 - Jul 29 with 2901 viewspioneer

EGM on 11:11 - Jul 29 by SuddenLad

I won a Dale Lotto prize in an April draw. I still haven't received it. Only £10 but it's hardly encouraging.

I am still puzzled that we havent heard anything from the board. The statements we have seen are personal statements from two members of the board who will benefit from the motion should it be passed. I would have expected some sort of statement from the board explaining what has led to this proposal and what are the implications for the football club. As it is, the folks making the statements are conflicted.
EGM on 11:37 - Jul 29 with 2878 viewsEllDale

EGM on 10:32 - Jul 29 by R17ALE

I’ve known worse than that. There’s one Yorkshire rugby league club who for a couple of years only put UNSOLD ticket counterfoils in the Golden Gamble draw. It was obviously never claimed!
At the same club the chairman used to put the matchday gate receipts into the boot of his car after the game for “safekeeping” as it was easier to count at home!
EGM on 21:55 - Jul 29 with 2597 viewsSandyman

What a distraction from current Dale affairs, watching a game of football! The thing that brings us to Spotland and has done for so long.

It must be said, the talk before and after the game wasn't about new players and expectations for the campaign to come. It was all about the EGM and fans forum. It is of serious to concern to supporters / shareholders and the board really do need to open up and inform people what's going on, but they know that.

We're not stupid and won't vote in favour of a special resolution on no concrete information or scare stories. The number of shareholders who still haven't received notification of the EGM beyond what has been published on the official website is concerning.
EGM on 23:32 - Jul 31 with 2226 viewswozzrafc

EGM on 11:11 - Jul 29 by SuddenLad

I won’t in June and got my winnings so I don’t think it’s down to not being able to pay out! Mind you it was a cheque which haven’t banked yet so it still might bounce….
EGM on 08:47 - Aug 1 with 1959 viewsHK_Dale

Have those that are shareholders received the papers for the EGM yet?

I've emailed the club twice and no response...

Not wanting to pile on but it certainly makes me disinclined to vote yes to any resolution when they can't be bothered to provide shareholders papers per their own timeline.
EGM on 09:26 - Aug 1 with 1872 viewsnordenblue

EGM on 08:47 - Aug 1 by HK_Dale

Not wanting to pile on but it certainly makes me disinclined to vote yes to any resolution when they can't be bothered to provide shareholders papers per their own timeline.

Ive still not received a thing, not even an email as yet, if it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't even know there was an EGM at all.
EGM on 10:16 - Aug 1 with 1772 viewsDaleiLama

Assuming you won't be attending the meeting, and assuming the same method of communication for non-attendees (i.e. an e-mail with a form that has to be filled in indicating your "postal" vote, as with the proxy vote), you wouldn't be able to vote even if you wanted to. That's just not right. If anyone wants to DM me with their email addy, I will happily forward my papers by email. It is a really poor state of affairs that I need to even make such an offer ............. especially to someone who has emailed the club twice!!!!!!!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

EGM on 10:26 - Aug 1 with 1727 viewsD_Alien

A few days ago now and not having received mine, i emailed the club and cc'd George Delves, pointing out they were in breach of statutary requirements. I received mine a couple of hours later, with an apology and an admission that "a small number of names appeared to have fallen off the list"

Make of that what you will. What i make of it is an outfit being run and staffed by hopeless amateurs

EGM on 10:27 - Aug 1 with 1727 viewskel

You have to assume at this stage that they don’t give a fook about us and will do as they please. They’ve had ample opportunity to sort this. Why are we putting up with it? (And I include myself in that)
EGM on 10:45 - Aug 1 with 1655 viewsTalkingSutty

EGM on 09:26 - Aug 1 by nordenblue

Ive still not received a thing, not even an email as yet, if it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't even know there was an EGM at all.

Same..leave them all too it.
EGM on 11:03 - Aug 1 with 1592 viewssxdale

I emailed Mr Delves on Friday and have not had the courtesy of a reply.
As I have said previously I want to believe the best of this board but I am getting genuinely angry with the way they are going about attempting to run our club.
I am seriously wondering if a vote of no confidence wouldn't be in the best interests of the club. Talk about going from heroes to zeros.
SORT IT THE F*** OUT BEFORE IT'S TO LATE.
EGM on 13:12 - Aug 1 with 1354 views100notout

bury fans must be pissing themselves reading this thread

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024