Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Gallen has left Charlton 19:40 - Aug 2 with 19997 viewsBakes

It’s happening..

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 06:52 - Aug 3 with 4957 viewsQPROslo

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 22:22 - Aug 2 by Whip_It

His departure not related to the QPR DOF role according to Dave Mc.

Hope he's correct on this. Think we need Warburton as our DoF.
Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 07:38 - Aug 3 with 4838 viewsdistortR

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 00:07 - Aug 3 by PunteR

Could be. Do our owners know any different?. Do they have the right sort of contacts within the game to get someone in that they can trust? I don't.
They've had their fingers burnt too many times.
I think we do need a DoF at the club. Someone running the day to day stuff of from the football side of things. Hoos does the other stuff.
Gallen is QPR so that to me is a bonus. I know nothing about the intricacies of the role and who is best for the role though.
This would be a typical appointment from the board. If it happens.

Really, we need a DoF to pick a DoF....
Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 07:50 - Aug 3 with 4782 viewsstevec

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 23:42 - Aug 2 by ChrisNW6

Is he more qualified than our previous DOF? I just don't get it 🤷.

What has he done in his career that warrants a DOF job in the Championship. Not sure why fans think this is a great fit?

He seems to have taken on his most senior roles around times those clubs weren’t doing particularly well and, at best, you could describe the outcome as flatlining.

To be fair, he’s got all these jobs under appalling ownership, so he should be comfortable coming back to this place.

Not convinced but with the Bansal McNulty episode our owners may see this as the perfect opportunity to rip up the entire LF regime.
Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 07:54 - Aug 3 with 4774 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 01:21 - Aug 3 by Hooping_Mad

I think Gallen was at the club when the owners took over, as we were on the up then and have been on the down ever since, perhaps this is a little bit of a mea culpa. Quite right to, but from Gallen's point of view you should never go back so could be interesting...

I'll go out on a limb here and say he will probably be wearing much less snazzy suits than Les and will probably not be seen 'scouting' anywhere near Columbia.

Personally think he cares more for the club than his own image.

Everything we've heard about Ferdinand indicates that he also cares massively about Rangers.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 07:56 - Aug 3 with 4756 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 02:51 - Aug 3 by charmr

Know Steve quite well. Personally if anyone gets Rangers like he does it’s an appointment well worth investigating.

Agree with this. Certainly worth investigating, amd any proper search would have to include conversations with Gallen.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 08:07 - Aug 3 with 4729 viewsDannyPaddox

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 07:38 - Aug 3 by distortR

Really, we need a DoF to pick a DoF....

So you’re saying we need a DoDoF
Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 08:33 - Aug 3 with 4620 viewsmart_Goblin

Was a team mate of Steve’s back in the day . Always seemed very intelligent with a good ‘football brain’ even then (whatever that means ).

I’m sure he would do a great job.

But I do wonder when we, as fans and the people who run our club will realise that getting in a ‘Rangers man’ very often doesn’t work . Blimey the list is endless of Rangers fans that come back and for whatever reason , it just doesn’t work . There are a few that did work in fairness , but we are obsessed with this and we have to drop it and get the right person in for the job.

If this is Steve then brilliant . I’m chuffed for him as I always had a lot of respect for Steve as a person (with all the family actually . Really good people ) .

But there has to be such a reset starting now before we really find ourselves looking into oblivion .
Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 08:44 - Aug 3 with 4566 viewsR_from_afar

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 01:00 - Aug 3 by Nov77

I thought they were paying some outside recruitment firm to hire a D.O.F. It’d be hilarious if after fleecing us for their fee they just come up with another ‘itch that needs scratching’

We're using an analytics company but I should imagine we did give them the criteria they should use in their model.

If we also told them the weightings for those criteria and the "Cares about QPR" criterion is weghted as a key one, the analysis could spew out a list with Gallen near the top.

I have no idea really, though, I'm just guessing based on how I've seen this sort of analysis work in the past.

I do think that a DoF is essential for us given how quickly we burn through managers. In my opinion, a key criterion is the strength to say no and to stick to the strategy. That presupposes that we come up with an appropriate strategy LOL.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Login to get fewer ads

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 09:37 - Aug 3 with 4404 viewsdaveB

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 01:21 - Aug 3 by Hooping_Mad

I think Gallen was at the club when the owners took over, as we were on the up then and have been on the down ever since, perhaps this is a little bit of a mea culpa. Quite right to, but from Gallen's point of view you should never go back so could be interesting...

I'll go out on a limb here and say he will probably be wearing much less snazzy suits than Les and will probably not be seen 'scouting' anywhere near Columbia.

Personally think he cares more for the club than his own image.

I'm sure he cares for the club but that dig at Les Ferdinand's dress sense was a bit uncalled for. I doubt Steve works for free
Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 09:54 - Aug 3 with 4325 viewsrobith

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 07:54 - Aug 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Everything we've heard about Ferdinand indicates that he also cares massively about Rangers.

Agreed. You can criticise the job Ferdinand all you want, but this habit of saying he didn't care about the club or was actively undermining us, is outrageous
Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 10:35 - Aug 3 with 4200 viewsPunteR

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 09:54 - Aug 3 by robith

Agreed. You can criticise the job Ferdinand all you want, but this habit of saying he didn't care about the club or was actively undermining us, is outrageous

No one has said LF didn't care about the club.
Gallen and Ferdinand probably carry themselves differently and maybe that's what Hooping was saying. Different personalities and just Hoopings own personal opinion.
My personal opinion is I felt that Ferdinand lost sight more of the first team and concentrated more on the progress of the youth development which hasnt really worked. Its been mentioned during the Warburton v Ferdinand fiasco there was a lot of egos involved, probably from both sides but for the detriment of the club.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 10:41 - Aug 3 with 4158 viewsAntti_Heinola

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 08:33 - Aug 3 by mart_Goblin

Was a team mate of Steve’s back in the day . Always seemed very intelligent with a good ‘football brain’ even then (whatever that means ).

I’m sure he would do a great job.

But I do wonder when we, as fans and the people who run our club will realise that getting in a ‘Rangers man’ very often doesn’t work . Blimey the list is endless of Rangers fans that come back and for whatever reason , it just doesn’t work . There are a few that did work in fairness , but we are obsessed with this and we have to drop it and get the right person in for the job.

If this is Steve then brilliant . I’m chuffed for him as I always had a lot of respect for Steve as a person (with all the family actually . Really good people ) .

But there has to be such a reset starting now before we really find ourselves looking into oblivion .

i don't know if SG is the answer, but for every Rangers man who's come and struggled, i could name you at least as many not Rangers men who have done equally badly or worse. The consideration is: are they the right person? If no, which club they like is irrelevant. If yes, if they also love the club and 'get it', that's a great bonus.

Bare bones.

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 10:49 - Aug 3 with 4107 viewsMonkey_Roots

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 10:41 - Aug 3 by Antti_Heinola

i don't know if SG is the answer, but for every Rangers man who's come and struggled, i could name you at least as many not Rangers men who have done equally badly or worse. The consideration is: are they the right person? If no, which club they like is irrelevant. If yes, if they also love the club and 'get it', that's a great bonus.

Surely if the 'get it', they must be properly mental and need sectioning?
Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 10:49 - Aug 3 with 4107 viewsaston_hoop

When he was first linked a month or so back, I asked some Charlton fans what they thought and the reviews were mixed to positive. Basically he's more of an old school operator rather than the more modern trendy data driven types, so that should at least cheer up the proper football men. Recruitment was very hit and miss but one thing they got season after season was at least one excellent prem loan - think Conor Gallagher, Jes Rak-Sakyi, Ian Maatsen, Krystian Bielik, Liam Cullen. Very much a man who likes to utilise his contacts, especially a close friendship with Dougie Freedman at Palace. Also the feeling is that Charlton have had their best summer of recruitment in years this season and feel really well placed to come back up now.....Gallen had no part in it for the first time in a while

Whether he is the right man to pick us up or an appointment pointing to his families fondness for the club, time will tell. Of course if he joins at all, I think he was on his way out there anyway regardless!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 14:22 - Aug 3 with 3801 viewsderbyhoop

What has he done in his career that warrants a DOF job in the Championship. Not sure why fans think this is a great fit?

What are the qualifications needed to be DOF?
Does it matter if the club concerned hasn't gitva pot to p1ss in.
Is it better to have owners who know nothing about the ins/outs of the football World?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 14:44 - Aug 3 with 3708 viewsgolborne

Maybe a pint, or two in the crown pre match, like gareth used to on occasion.
Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 14:54 - Aug 3 with 3661 viewsParkRoyalR

Chris, you obviously don't know our fans very well, a cursory glance on qpr related twitter will help you answer this question.

Lets just say, by comparison, I'd be surprised to bump into Mark Warburton on the 9.30am Central Line train on his way into the office, in readiness for a mid-morning start.

With sons of wealthy owners, our club needs an out of bed early work ethic and standards raising more than most.
Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 15:48 - Aug 3 with 3561 viewsChrisNW6

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 14:54 - Aug 3 by ParkRoyalR

Chris, you obviously don't know our fans very well, a cursory glance on qpr related twitter will help you answer this question.

Lets just say, by comparison, I'd be surprised to bump into Mark Warburton on the 9.30am Central Line train on his way into the office, in readiness for a mid-morning start.

With sons of wealthy owners, our club needs an out of bed early work ethic and standards raising more than most.

Don't know our fans very well? Season ticket holder for over 45yrs and try to get to as many away games as possible, so I think I do. Although, I stay off Twitter to avoid much of the nonsense and some pretty disturbing views and comments.

Can you save me the bother of looking, what's the Warbs tube analogy mean?
[Post edited 3 Aug 2023 15:50]
Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 19:04 - Aug 3 with 3374 viewsParkRoyalR

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 15:48 - Aug 3 by ChrisNW6

Don't know our fans very well? Season ticket holder for over 45yrs and try to get to as many away games as possible, so I think I do. Although, I stay off Twitter to avoid much of the nonsense and some pretty disturbing views and comments.

Can you save me the bother of looking, what's the Warbs tube analogy mean?
[Post edited 3 Aug 2023 15:50]

Sorry, just re-read my post and was being overly vague so as not to be provocative, so imo, and in direct answer to your spot on post....

SG, unlike Ferdinand, has never been a 1st team pro footballer, so unlike Ferdinand, is unlikely to have learned from being in dressing rooms with Premier League and International players and managers, a useful schooling for a future DoF

SG will never have been involved in re-negotiating his own contract with clubs and agents so likely has lesser experience than Ferdinand on this count too,

SG also has a far lower profile than Ferdinand which can be important when trying to entice the next Ebere Eze to our club, with these re-sale and sell-on fees being critical to our survival,

I would say as a DoF, Ferdinand out-scores SG on almost every criteria bar being a bona-fide QPR fan, which seems to count more than anything else to alot of our fans, which just beggars belief.
Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 00:56 - Aug 4 with 3135 viewsPunteR

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 19:04 - Aug 3 by ParkRoyalR

Sorry, just re-read my post and was being overly vague so as not to be provocative, so imo, and in direct answer to your spot on post....

SG, unlike Ferdinand, has never been a 1st team pro footballer, so unlike Ferdinand, is unlikely to have learned from being in dressing rooms with Premier League and International players and managers, a useful schooling for a future DoF

SG will never have been involved in re-negotiating his own contract with clubs and agents so likely has lesser experience than Ferdinand on this count too,

SG also has a far lower profile than Ferdinand which can be important when trying to entice the next Ebere Eze to our club, with these re-sale and sell-on fees being critical to our survival,

I would say as a DoF, Ferdinand out-scores SG on almost every criteria bar being a bona-fide QPR fan, which seems to count more than anything else to alot of our fans, which just beggars belief.

Who has said supporting QPR is the most important criteria of a DoF?

Didn't Les Ferdinand promote Steve Gallen to a role in a department he then closed about a month later, which effectively made Gallen redundant?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 09:43 - Aug 17 with 2524 viewsVish

Steve Gallen was as the match yesterday. I saw him come out of the SAR corporate entrance. Make of that what you will.
Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 10:29 - Aug 17 with 2290 viewsdaveB

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 00:56 - Aug 4 by PunteR

Who has said supporting QPR is the most important criteria of a DoF?

Didn't Les Ferdinand promote Steve Gallen to a role in a department he then closed about a month later, which effectively made Gallen redundant?

He was made first team coach under Ramsey then when JFH came in he didn't want Gallen and his old role had been filled so he ended up leaving. think he was offered something but would have been a massive step down for him
Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 12:59 - Aug 17 with 1895 viewsQPRConor2000

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 09:43 - Aug 17 by Vish

Steve Gallen was as the match yesterday. I saw him come out of the SAR corporate entrance. Make of that what you will.

That pretty much confirms him then.
Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 13:37 - Aug 17 with 1739 viewstkqpr

I thinking that might he already be "employed" by the club but not "officially?"

I imagine the club can save some "official" QPR money, by being paid by one of Rubens companys (or whowevers) for a period and not officailly take money out of the club.

Im saying if his salary is £250,000 pa, then maybe for this years salary Amit, Ruben's companies could pay him this and it not affect the financies of the club, at least for this year?

Also theres a saving from not having Les (DOF) salary either, which i would suspect would be considerably greater than £250k?
Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 13:44 - Aug 17 with 1681 viewssparkey

Steve Gallen has left Charlton on 13:37 - Aug 17 by tkqpr

I thinking that might he already be "employed" by the club but not "officially?"

I imagine the club can save some "official" QPR money, by being paid by one of Rubens companys (or whowevers) for a period and not officailly take money out of the club.

Im saying if his salary is £250,000 pa, then maybe for this years salary Amit, Ruben's companies could pay him this and it not affect the financies of the club, at least for this year?

Also theres a saving from not having Les (DOF) salary either, which i would suspect would be considerably greater than £250k?

Fairly sure that would break a few laws
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024