Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze 12:03 - Aug 10 with 58328 viewsQPRConor2000

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12392407/Tottenham-Crystal-Pa

Looks like Tottenham are seriously considering a bid for Ebere Eze, would think in the current market he is worth something around 60m/70m.

If he does go, then we get 20% of the profit, so we could stand to gain a lot from it, which at this moment in time would change our FFP landscape completely.
Eze on 11:51 - Aug 24 with 4343 viewsRatKingCole

Wolves have rejected the bid. Poss in for Eze now?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66604463
Eze on 11:54 - Aug 24 with 4298 viewsHoopstar

I dislike seeing Eze referreed to as a winger like that Beeb article, he's so much more than that.
Eze on 12:00 - Aug 24 with 4217 viewsCateLeBonR

Eze on 11:42 - Aug 24 by CroydonCaptJack

Not sure profit is relevant.
My understanding is a % of the sell on fee its self so £50m @ 20% would be £10m etc

Apparently for most transfers, sell on fees are taken from the profits. The story with Eze was that we had higher offers from elsewhere but he wanted to go Palace. So we accepted a lower offer and negotiated a good percentage of the whole transfer, should they sell him.

No idea if it’s 20% or 25% or even if it’s true but that was the story i think.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2023 12:01]
Eze on 12:06 - Aug 24 with 4168 viewsenfieldargh

Eze on 12:00 - Aug 24 by CateLeBonR

Apparently for most transfers, sell on fees are taken from the profits. The story with Eze was that we had higher offers from elsewhere but he wanted to go Palace. So we accepted a lower offer and negotiated a good percentage of the whole transfer, should they sell him.

No idea if it’s 20% or 25% or even if it’s true but that was the story i think.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2023 12:01]

as mentioned earlier in the thread its a full % not just the profit.

No I dont often read all the way through either

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Eze on 12:46 - Aug 24 with 3892 viewsQPRSteve

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/eberechi-eze-man-city-crystal-palace-b

Sub Standard says that Palace want a minimum of £70 million for him.
Eze on 12:51 - Aug 24 with 3869 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Eze on 12:46 - Aug 24 by QPRSteve

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/eberechi-eze-man-city-crystal-palace-b

I wonder if there's any scope for QPR to offer Palace an option to buy-out the clause?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Eze on 13:03 - Aug 24 with 3737 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Eze on 12:46 - Aug 24 by QPRSteve

Easy to see why when you see what's been spent on Caicedo, Rice and the bang average Mason Mount.
Eze on 13:10 - Aug 24 with 3712 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Eze on 13:03 - Aug 24 by Benny_the_Ball

Easy to see why when you see what's been spent on Caicedo, Rice and the bang average Mason Mount.

Mount is nowhere near as good as average. He’ll be playing for Everton within 3 years.
Login to get fewer ads

Eze on 13:59 - Aug 24 with 3442 viewsMatch82

Eze on 13:10 - Aug 24 by Padulas_Shampoo

Mount is nowhere near as good as average. He’ll be playing for Everton within 3 years.

Now you mention it, that's spot on. Mount is about the most Everton player possible.
Eze on 14:21 - Aug 24 with 3327 viewsPikey

Eze on 12:06 - Aug 24 by enfieldargh

as mentioned earlier in the thread its a full % not just the profit.

No I dont often read all the way through either

Presumably our former Director of Football negotiated that bonus for us. Hope he gets the credit but probably won't.
On another stream mention of Freeman who we sold at peak and gaz done nothing since, even though many thought wd understood him. Well done DOF.
Eze on 14:33 - Aug 24 with 3267 viewsBlue_Castello

Eze on 14:21 - Aug 24 by Pikey

Presumably our former Director of Football negotiated that bonus for us. Hope he gets the credit but probably won't.
On another stream mention of Freeman who we sold at peak and gaz done nothing since, even though many thought wd understood him. Well done DOF.

Sure it may have been Les but I think Lee Hoos deals with the contracts they are very complicated, could well have been a combination of both we will never know.
Eze on 15:03 - Aug 24 with 3103 viewstoboboly

Eze on 13:59 - Aug 24 by Match82

Now you mention it, that's spot on. Mount is about the most Everton player possible.

Or Watford

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Eze on 15:51 - Aug 24 with 2876 viewsQPRConor2000

Be interesting to see how we spend the £14m we potentially could get from Eze being sold if its 70m he goes for.

It wouldnt surprise me if City paid £100m for Eze ether, which would mean we get 20m.
Eze on 16:11 - Aug 24 with 2787 viewsNorthantsHoop

If it all comes to pass exciting times for Eze, always had a feeling he would go to Spurs, but if Man City come in and meet Palace valuation the opportunity to work with Pep is something that Eze should take. He has the look of a City player. Great stuff for us as well with the sell on fee. In my opinion best player we had for many a year and a good attitude as well.
Eze on 16:19 - Aug 24 with 2740 viewsQPRConor2000

Eze on 16:11 - Aug 24 by NorthantsHoop

If it all comes to pass exciting times for Eze, always had a feeling he would go to Spurs, but if Man City come in and meet Palace valuation the opportunity to work with Pep is something that Eze should take. He has the look of a City player. Great stuff for us as well with the sell on fee. In my opinion best player we had for many a year and a good attitude as well.

He definately will fit in well into Pep's style.

I think he could easily go for £100m if Man City are willing to pay that.
Eze on 16:36 - Aug 24 with 2620 viewsJuzzie

Eze on 15:51 - Aug 24 by QPRConor2000

Be interesting to see how we spend the £14m we potentially could get from Eze being sold if its 70m he goes for.

It wouldnt surprise me if City paid £100m for Eze ether, which would mean we get 20m.

I suspect a big chunk will go on stuff like FFP fine and other club costs. Some left over for signings but not much.
Eze on 16:42 - Aug 24 with 2564 viewsWokingR

Eze on 12:51 - Aug 24 by PlanetHonneywood

I wonder if there's any scope for QPR to offer Palace an option to buy-out the clause?

Doubt it.
At the moment he isn't signing a new contract so, if they don't sell him and he should leave on a free, they will have paid us for nothing.
Eze on 16:57 - Aug 24 with 2493 viewsToast_R

Eze on 13:10 - Aug 24 by Padulas_Shampoo

A bang average player demanding a great player's wage...
I think those days are now beyond Everton.
Eze on 16:58 - Aug 24 with 2491 viewskensalriser

Eze on 16:36 - Aug 24 by Juzzie

I suspect a big chunk will go on stuff like FFP fine and other club costs. Some left over for signings but not much.

Not sure that makes sense. The club's problem isn't cashflow but FFP restrictions.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Eze on 17:20 - Aug 24 with 2422 viewsdmm

Eze on 16:58 - Aug 24 by kensalriser

Not sure that makes sense. The club's problem isn't cashflow but FFP restrictions.

Yup, the FFP fine was £17m, and payments are spread over 10 years between 2018-2027.

Keeping within the rolling 3 year maximum £39m loss is the problem.
Eze on 17:27 - Aug 24 with 2363 viewsHAYESBOY

Knowing our luck, Eze sold to City within last hour of the window.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Eze on 17:28 - Aug 24 with 2356 viewsQPRConor2000

Eze on 17:20 - Aug 24 by dmm

Yup, the FFP fine was £17m, and payments are spread over 10 years between 2018-2027.

Keeping within the rolling 3 year maximum £39m loss is the problem.

FFP fine isn't included within the FFP calculations.

Assuming we are paying £1.7m per year from 2018 to 2027 without any interest, it would mean we still have to pay 6.8m between now and 2027.
Eze on 17:32 - Aug 24 with 2327 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Eze on 16:58 - Aug 24 by kensalriser

Roughly speaking weren't we allowed to lose around £6-8m this year? Can't remember what the allowed three year rolling loss would have been for next year.

So if we got an additional £10m from Eze, we'd be allowed to lose £16-£18m this year as an extreme example. I say extreme because they'd obviously spread that £10m out across multiple seasons practically.

Or, of course... The board could decide that the extra £10m just goes against running costs, the budget doesn't change this year or next and we don't push FFP to the limit, in essence saving whoever is paying the bills a bit of cash.

If this does happen - it could be interesting to see how much they reinvest and how quickly. It would be our first chance to see how willing they are to keep spending their own money - over and above what they're already losing on this year's FFP constrained losses. Are they willing to let those losses get larger than FFP is already stipulating? Surely not something they'd do if they were looking at selling the club.
Eze on 17:42 - Aug 24 with 2231 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Eze on 16:36 - Aug 24 by Juzzie

That would be daft move as payment of the fine is excluded from FFP accounts. It's more likely to be used to keep the club under the FFP threshold next year when the original Eze fee rolls off the books, with a small chunk allocated to Gareth to strengthen the squad.
Eze on 17:42 - Aug 24 with 2233 viewsdmm

Eze on 17:28 - Aug 24 by QPRConor2000

FFP fine isn't included within the FFP calculations.

Assuming we are paying £1.7m per year from 2018 to 2027 without any interest, it would mean we still have to pay 6.8m between now and 2027.

I guess so but looking back on this, the owners stated they would pay the fine themselves and that it had no bearing on the club’s operational budget. However, I don't know how that would be expressed in the club's accounts.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024